main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Rey & Kylo Ren in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Sforza, Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mariel_rose

mariel_rose Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 19, 2003
    For some reason I'm under the impression that Kylo if he lives will go off to live with the Chriss and be their "Skywalker" like his grandpa did for a very short time, not that Darth Vader did, but he did "walk the sky" with the force navigation through the stars. I mean Kylo wanted to the a pilot like his dad....so it might work. I can see Rey and Kylo being "enemies of my enemies is my friend" sort of allies in the next movie, but how that's going to seen, I'm not sure. Now I'm under the impression, Kylo and Rey on a tag chase using the force navigation skills, oh boy. snickers.

2. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    Threatened Finn and dissuading Force Ghost Luke could be options. Dont know (although Ghost Luke would probably visit Ben after his Bespin reveal in the narrative I proposed)

But I was thinking about the screaming woman inside the heads of both Ben and Rey in TLJ. Shes still alive and somehow is related to both teenage Ben "pain" and with little Rey being lost. The threatening/dissuading dynamics could also involve her, just as involved Leia once Vader knew about Luke's having a sister.

Ava G. likes this.
  3. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    It probably will. In fact, I'd say it'd be disappointing if Kylo's final fate (living, dead, whatever) wasn't connected to the overall story the movies have been telling.

lovethedarkside likes this.
  4. IncessantRamblings

IncessantRamblings Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2016
    LOL!!!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    Ruffmeian, milena, Lomesa and 2 others like this.
  5. IncessantRamblings

Nov 20, 2016
    Hahahaha Capri Sun hasn't stopped!!

[face_rofl]

6. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
  7. IncessantRamblings

Nov 20, 2016
    SW's official Twitter in Spain:

The Light & The Dark, Rey & Ren.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  8. IncessantRamblings

Nov 20, 2016
    Is it double posting if no one else has posted in several hours? :confused:

It's time for a little R&R-let's talk about Rey and Ren, of course.

milena and RiddleMeThis like this.
  9. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Lol, the comments on those tweets are priceless.

10. IncessantRamblings

Nov 20, 2016
  11. The-Clone-Wars

The-Clone-Wars Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  12. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]

Kole and The-Clone-Wars like this.
  13. RiddleMeThis

RiddleMeThis Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2017
    Glad I'm secure enough in myself to not feel the need to put down someone else's appearance.

14. The-Clone-Wars

The-Clone-Wars Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    I don't think anyone's putting down his appearance. But thr costuming is quite goofy and I for one sure am getting a kick out of it! I think Adam Driver is a good looking guy. But maybe Kylo Ren is overconfident in his appearance and ascribing blame to others. I'm just honestly curious how they will dress the characters and if they have to undress them hope they don't make it completely awkward.

15. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Unless we're mocking Adam Driver, the actor, which is petty rather Kylo Ren, the fictional character. I'll say costumes are fair game. I'd like to see a parody of this scene either in written or animated form.

16. IncessantRamblings

Nov 20, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Valency Jane, RiddleMeThis and milena like this.
  17. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    To quote Big Hero 6, my brain hates my eyes for seeing that.

18. ScreamingWoman2019

Aug 11, 2018
    TFA script, interrogation scene: Kylo Ren nearly TOUCHES HER FACE...THEY'RE BOTH SURPRISED: they react to a feeling that passes between them -- AN ENERGY THEY RECOGNIZE IN EACH OTHER. And then it's gone. Adversaries again.

Earlier in the film, in Rey's vision, we hear Luke's 'No! No!' and Anakin's scream when mutilated by Obi-Wan. Yoda's lines in TESB are heard wrapped around those two references: 'It’s energy surrounds us and binds us'

'An energy they recognize in each other' and 'adversaries again' means, I think, that in order to stop being adversaries they need to recognize each other in the force (energy).

What could it mean? In another thread I especulated about Anakin being capable of doing some kind of force bridging across space and time. Perhaps he had a hand in putting the boy in the hallway (assuming he was Ben Solo) and adult Rey face to face in the TFA novelization, or at least in prefixing Ben and Rey's mind in each others' direction, both being the north and the compass of each other.

Or he took advantage from the natural pre-fixing in these stories: family. Them being siblings would save some ghost sweat to their grandad.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  19. ScreamingWoman2019

Aug 11, 2018

Whatever this is, and whatever SW/non-SW film it belongs, the Amon Hen (the Hill of Seeing) scene in LOTR came to my mind:

He [Frodo] was sitting upon the Seat of Seeing, on Amon Hen[...]everywhere he looked he saw the signs of war[...]
    suddenly he felt the Eye. There was an eye in the Dark Tower that did not sleep. He knew that it had become aware of his gaze. A fierce eager will was there. It leaped towards him; almost like a finger he felt it, searching for him. Very soon it would nail him down, know just exactly where he was. Amon Lhaw it touched. It glanced upon Tol Brandir– he threw himself from the seat, crouching, covering his head with his grey hood.He heard himself crying out: Never, never! Or was it: Verily I come, I come to you? He could not tell. Then as a flash from
    some other point of power there came to his mind another thought: Take it off! Take it off! Fool, take it off! Take off the Ring! The two powers strove in him. For a moment, perfectly balanced between their piercing points, he writhed, tormented. Suddenly he was aware of himself again, Frodo, neither the Voice nor the Eye: free to choose, and with one remaining instant in which to do so. He took the Ring off his finger.

No ring, no hobbits,etc in SW. But a hero vs a distant dark enemy, a tempting darkness (the ring), a (presumed dead) wizard intervention. The last time we saw Rey and Ben/Kylo, he was trying to turn her. The last time Luke saw them together, he intervened. When Rey turned her inner eye towards the cave she said 'its calling me'. Luke had yelled to her 'resist it Rey!' Then her 'raw strength' appeared for the first time -and those childish screams.

Later in the film she would go to the cave: 'let me see them. My parents'

I mean, if turning her eye to eye didnt work, why not tempting her indirectly? 'Seducing' her, as Leia called it in TFA when talking about Snoke? An accident in a sacred place could be taken advantage of (both by Ben/Kylo and the storytellers) in order to serve as a catalyst for this kind of dynamic.

Or,simply, for luring Rey in order to turn/kill her.

Ben/Kylo to Rey: Join me
    Ben/Kylo to Luke: I will destroy her

Vader had lured Luke to Bespin in TESB:

Vader to Luke: 'don't make me destroy you'
    Vader to Luke, later: 'join me'

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  20. mariel_rose

Jan 19, 2003
    I really like how Rey's journey is parallel to Luke's journey aka go off to train with a Jedi Master, but different because, unlike Obi-Wan and Yoda, Luke is like, nah. Good-bye. Leave me alone!

Stubborn old men....

Then, since she's not getting what she needs from Luke, goes to the cave and her worst fears are confirmed, she's alone, so instead of going to Luke with this since he's a bitter old man, she turns to the person that is also alone....the only other force user she knows, Ben Solo aka Kylo Ren and confines in him, since they both well are stuck together.

She goes to him because Luke doesn't want to do anything with the Resistance. She's certain, Ben will come back with her. But like with the TESB Vader/Luke scene and the ROTS scene Padme/Anakin, it doesn't go as planned.

Snoke was the puppet master from a far, then, Ben/Kylo kills his "true" enemy, Snoke since he finally took what Han said to heart.

Now Kylo is the master, but is all alone. He just keeps burning bridges left and right. I mean seriously! But....just a but, if he's so far gone, parricide and other awful deeds aside (not saying it's right at all, very bad for him to do), why was his soul split in two when he killed his dad? Also it just struck me while watching TLJ that maybe the reason why Kylo/Ben's saber hilt has wires sticking out all crazy like, doesn't it remind you of Han? I mean, have you seen the Falcon? It's very wired crossed and messy....heh, maybe Kylo/Ben got his dad's help or influence while building his saber. Just a hint of family.

Weather Kylo/Ben likes it or not, I think Han's had a big impact on him. I still think there's going to be a father saves son thing, a reverse of Luke saving his Father, with his mother's influence thing. I mean, I think it would be kind of neat.
    I also find it fitting that, Kylo/Ben kills Snoke with his famliy's legacy light-saber....then Rey grabs it.

Now how Rey influence's Kylo/Ben is another story. I hope she doesn't turn out to be a part of the Skywalker clan only because, hello, there are more then one force user in the galaxy....now black men, I'm not sure. Maybe Finn is related to Lando?

I think both Finn and Rey had to go on separate journeys to find their true meaning...aka force user and joiner in this strange little saga. Thankfully they are back in each other's arms next episode.

Long story short, if you're a romantic Reylo or not, Episode 9 is going to be an epic ride. Yavin 4 to get get the last force tree.....who will win Kylo/Ben or Rey? I say Rey. Romantic meeting with Poe under the tree. :)

Now I'll sit back and watch as the comments load wondering what the heck I posted. I want a lightsaber against blaster fire battle in the next episode....I'm feeling deprived.

21. IncessantRamblings

Nov 20, 2016
    Ruffmeian, milena and RiddleMeThis like this.
  22. RiddleMeThis

Dec 7, 2017
    Does this suggest Kylo and Rey on possibly Jedha or Jakku? Very interesting.

IncessantRamblings likes this.
  23. mariel_rose

Jan 19, 2003
    I find it interesting with all the talk from Kylo Ren about "Let the past die! Kill it if you have to. It is the only way to become what you were meant to be," he hasn't really truly done that yet unlike his grandfather Anakin. You can correct me if I'm wrong.

When Anakin embraced the dark side, he did it whole hog....slaughter of the Tusken Raider tribe that took his mother, had no regrets of the killing of the Jedi order, etc. Heck, he didn't care he was choking Padme or killed Obi-Wan. He cut off his son's hand.

Now, on the other hand, we have Kylo Ren/Ben Solo yes he did help kill the Jakku villege and slaughtered the old man in cold blood, (he is still a messed up murderer, I'm not denying that.) but when he killed Han, he almost didn't do it, but he did it, and instead of becoming "stronger" like Snoke said he would be, since he killed off his "emotional/physical" ties to his dad, it split his soul into two.

Snoke wanted another heartless darksider like Darth Vader, he got a emotional kid who still had a emotional side. Snoke was right when Ben had his dad's heart, if he didn't, he would of killed his mom, but he didn't, he hesitated. He almost went after her since he couldn't feel her anymore. I think he might of been crying while talking about killing Han.

The only thing he "let go" was Snoke, good for Kylo. "cut down his true enemy" indeed!

Then at the end of TLJ he is still holding on to his rage, sadness, sorrow, bitterness, etc. Luke, Yoda and Rey learned from their past, and let it go. They each recognized their own flaws and failures and have moved on. (at least Luke and Yoda has. Rey probably.) Kylo Ren has not.

Kylo is so stuck in this deep pit of despair that he is lost. Rey at the end of the movie is like, "hey, you made your bed, lay in it. I'm not joining you."

I still think Han might play a part, I mean Rey left the "escape pod coffin" on Ren's ship...and it did mention, "property of Han Solo" and something about returning it. :)

Rey on the other hand, has learned from her journey towards herself and where she belongs...with Finn, Leia and the rest of the resistance. I mean Finn came back for her, no one ever did that before and Leia lit a beacon to guide her back too.

Kylo is burning up and wants to galaxy to burn with him. When he offered his hand to Rey, he was telling her in a very backhanded compliment that she was his equal in the force and everything else, but she didn't have a place in this story...she did but only with him. Which is not true.

Rose was right about love being more powerful then hate. Hate got Vader no where, Luke drew out the love in him and saved Vader by letting him see that unconditional love.

When Leia said her son was gone, she had no hope left, Luke mentioned something about no one's ever truly gone...and gave her Han's dice. They only disappeared after Kylo picked them up. Luke was one with the force by then right?

So yea, there is going to be a big showdown between Rey and Kylo Ren/Ben Solo....something's going to give and I think Rey is going to be the winner, she has hope, light, life and love on her side.....Kylo Ren, not so much.

There was a good point to this post...oh yes....as a friends likes to say to me about people, "They're not dead yet." Don't give up hope....still have hope.

Rey and Kylo have some sort of "future" together, but what kind? Who knows.

24. IncessantRamblings

Nov 20, 2016
    Or a whole new planet!! And it appears they were filming before the other cast members arrived.....

RiddleMeThis likes this.
  25. RiddleMeThis

Dec 7, 2017
    Of course there's no way to know right now, but it'd be intriguing if Rey and Kylo are on a planet seemingly by themselves. I can see their force connection still playing a part in bringing these two together. Their connection had grown so strong in TLJ that Rey didn't even need to be given coordinates to find Kylo on his ship, so it might be Kylo that finds Rey this time. It's also possible one of them is not physically there at all but they're communicating again through the connection. In any case, it sounds like they'll be talking again one way or another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.