main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Rey & Kylo Ren in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Sforza, Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    [​IMG]

2. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Oh dear...

3. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
  4. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I think of the TFA fight as having a wonderful setting and excellent “wrestling psychology” to tell the story of both characters’ contrasting story arcs and how Rey can beat Kylo.

I’m hoping whatever confrontations they have in IX have the same investment of time care as the one in TFA.

Joystick Chevron likes this.
  5. mariel_rose

mariel_rose Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 19, 2003
    I had a great idea that I hope goes in the next movie...Kylo and his band of darksiders against Rey and her lightsiders...I mean we haven't seen something like that yet in the movies...not that I know of. 1 to 1 or 2 against 1 or against droids and or soldiers, but multiple force users against force users? That'll be cool. That and there's a band of light siders hiding until the time is right...so the little broom boy doesn't die right off the bat. That would suck. Or a double agent in the Knights of Ren....

ahsokatanos and Cave of Erised like this.
  6. Niamor05

Niamor05 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2018
    Ron Howard liked this post

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  7. Mila Lazarus

Mila Lazarus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2018
    The SW latin America account has posted this:

"Achieving the balance of the Force is more than choosing a side."

Interesting to see that an official SW account associates the concept of "balance of the Force" with this particular scene....

8. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I wonder if any inspiration was taken from the clone wars Mortis arc.

9. IncessantRamblings

IncessantRamblings Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2016
  10. mariel_rose

Jan 19, 2003
    I find it interesting that "Snoke's body" disappeared in that shot...leaving behind the gold robe. Force ghost anyone?

Also last year at this time I was so hyped for the next movie and the dramatic of Reylo...now I'm like meh...I really shouldn't be so sugar high about these things. I crash pretty badly on downtime. :)

Sadly I do click bait really well.

I want a staff saber for Rey because we hasn't had one since Darth Maul. Either a purple one or a red and green/ red and blue one. I think it would work well for her fighting style.

A bittersweet ending for the Skywalkers and Rey to start the new new order.

11. Mila Lazarus

Dec 29, 2018
    I think that what we see is actually Snoke's legs and half of his torso... The other half is on the floor, even if we don't see it on this picture. A force ghost of Snoke seems unlikely, considering that before moving on Hux after he enters the Throne room, there's a big close-up on Snoke's corpse.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  12. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Yeah you can see snokes head and top half in the image

13. mariel_rose

Jan 19, 2003
    @Mila Lazarus You're right. I can see the head to the side of the throne...the flat robe was just so convincing. Oh well. That's probably a good thing really.

14. Mila Lazarus

Dec 29, 2018
    Brian Kesinger (illustrator for Walt Disney)'s tweet for Valentine's Day:

(he didn't do it especially for today, in case you wondered... I saw it before)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    milena, Cave of Erised and WebLurker like this.
  15. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Oh, yeah, those Calvin & Hobbes mashups. Forgot about those. Those were great.

16. thejediscavenger

thejediscavenger Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 13, 2019
    Happy V-Day! I like how V-Day is not just about romance, but family too. The SW quote on their official Twitter relates to both romance and family. [face_love]

Cave of Erised likes this.
  17. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    Now if we unite all the snack manufacturers of the USA into a grand alliance Lucasfilm will have to pay attention

18. CommanderRussco

CommanderRussco Jedi Padawan

Aug 24, 2018
    All right fine. I'm 43 years old and was ReyWalker and really hoped Rey was Luke's daughter.
    I woke up today totally fine with Reylo and curiously found myself now wanting that to happen lol :p

19. thejediscavenger

Feb 13, 2019
    I was replaying SWTOR recently and they actually did something similar through fan damned and it surprisingly worked. We have our own sort of Kylo in it and they made him a romance interest for your character.

20. IncessantRamblings

IncessantRamblings Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2016
  21. Cave of Erised

Cave of Erised Jedi Knight star 2

May 3, 2018
    Completely anecdotal, but since there is not much to talk about it: this is also my experience with my family and friends (just subbing Solo for Walker).

While I not confident how any Reylo would end up looking, I do think the story will be continuing in that area since JJ is directing instead of Trevorrow and he is the reason the concept of Reylo exists in the first place (or at least on Kylo’s end IMO).

CommanderRussco and Mila Lazarus like this.
  22. thejediscavenger

Feb 13, 2019
    JJ definitely planned for Rey and Kylo to have a relationship from the start. What kind isn't clear, but we know they are not related, so it'll be romance or something even deeper than romance. A soul connection.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    Mila Lazarus and Cave of Erised like this.
  23. Cave of Erised

Cave of Erised Jedi Knight star 2

May 3, 2018
    ^^I think that is what is so intriguing about the dynamic between the two. It’s not just romance. This goes back to Kylo’s line in TFA (that foreshadowed a lot in TLJ): “Don’t be afraid; I feel it too.”

I can’t help but wonder if something like Harry/Voldemort could happen between the two. However, at this point we still don’t know why they are connected and that is crucial for the next movie, IMO.

24. thejediscavenger

Feb 13, 2019
    Yes I think they have something deeper than just your average romance. I think Jason Fry said something similar. It's quite beautiful and also tragic at the same time. I would like it to be more than romance tbh. I think the ST has a spiritual vibe and they are part of that. Like Pocahontas.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    She's his twin from a certain point of veiw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.