main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Rey & Kylo Ren in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Sforza, Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    I don’t get the sense that you’ve thought this possibility through at all.

2. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    [​IMG]

And yeah, none of what you just said is true.

wobbits and Joystick Chevron like this.
  3. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    But Kylo is indeed the son of Leia and Paps.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  4. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Kylo Related is so boring!!1!

5. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    I did and its stupid

6. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

Apr 22, 2018
    "Not my head canon" =/= boring and stupid.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  7. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Imagine: Zorri and two of her associates stole from Han and Leia. 'Rey' (not her birth name) was hiding in the cargo for some reason at the time. There was an explosion and firefight as the thieves made their escape, leaving the Solos to believe their child died (like Kylo thought Luke died in TLJ when he left him at the temple). The thieves made their way to Jakku where they discovered they also stole a child in with the cargo. Two of them wanted to kill the kid and Zorri betrays them leaves their dead carcasses in the Jakku desert and leaves the child with Unkar Plutt who gives Zorri money in return that she spends on water (drinking money) and leaves the planet.

That's a bit convoluted (not unlike the end of ROTS when you write all the points down for how Padme gives birth to where the twins end up) but one way to retcon yet honor the story of SW:TLJ if they were so inclined. There's other ways.

8. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    [​IMG]

Judging by the light/shadow in their faces, different suns. Judging by their clothes, different winds. Same location.

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The wind is blowing in different directions from one another. Relationship=OVER confirmed!

Seriously, tho, I've got nothing.

10. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

Apr 22, 2018
  11. Diminished Comet

Diminished Comet Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 27, 2017
    Ann Louise likes this.
  12. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Reminds me more of how the Force bond scenes were set up in TLJ

13. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018

Same location, [SPOILERS] three years apart.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Your_Name#Live-action_film

Also, I wonder if they are 'out of synch', with Rey chasing Kylo /Kylo chasing Rey during the film, one step behind, but 'jumping' ahead to wherever the other is for a moment and fight. In Rey's vision, shes in SKB and then Kylo Ren jumps into view from behind a rock (Takodana). As it also happens in the vision, both could jump to the past and change the scenery to Mustafar or Bespin or the DSII, etc.

Darth Corydon likes this.
  14. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
  15. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I like the theory that Rey is in front of a sunrise, and Kylo a sunset.

16. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    we saw ben's birth in the books like 3 times there was no mention of a twin sister . Leia in nu canon also wouldn't have a 19 year old daughter when she was focusing so much on her political career and I doubt she'd want to have a another kid with how much kylo scared them when he was a child . Luke was lore gathering for 30 years and building his temple its more like his students became his children . we have no hint that he ever settle down with someone. They seem to be doing the opposite of him in legends no wife , no kid , no thriving Jedi order, etc even if he had a kid like I've always said it makes Luke come off worst then son goku as a father for how he treated her in TLJ is he randomly going to appear as a ghost and be like HEY IM YOUR DADDY LOVE ME KAY BYE imma haunt your cousin . The Novel makes it pretty clear Luke has no clue who she is . only thing u can barley scrape is that Leia in her note to Han after his death in the smugger's guide says that Rey reminds her of him a bit because of her up brining and how she came from being a literal who in Jakku .

Even if she was a Skywalker and was hid why pick a planet with a dark side nexus on it ? all of sheev's machinations with jakku. would make the child quick to use the dark side like Rey does when Luke trains her . I doubt Zorri was the one who kidnapped her we have no indication Zorri even knows the sky solos .

Beside the point I always thought it makes more sense for connix to be a secret Skywalker cause no one would suspect it as she's literal shadowing Leia all the time its the perfect con .

17. littlepadawan91

littlepadawan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    [​IMG]

18. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    You’ve just illustrated why I don’t think you’ve seriously pondered this.

At any rate, I seriously doubt that the answer we get will be boring :) Never fear!

19. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/05/star-wars-cover-story?verso=true

20. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    fear is for the the fearful :) and I have considered it I've out line that a twin sister is out and a sister years later is out cause we know how much trouble they had with ben I doubt they'd go through that again . also Ben being the only solo makes it different from legends (admittedly a sister would too ) as they had twins then a son in legends but the only heir to the sky walkers makes ben special and lines up with Adam talking about the expectations of others Ben had growing up because of his bloodline. and daisy's recent comment of Rey thinking kylo had it all and threw it away . Plus it makes sheev's obsession with jakku pointless but I think we both won't change our stances until December comes and we see it

btw
    for the covers piggy backing off of the previous mention of the your name connection

21. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

Apr 22, 2018
    It's very easy to explain how Rey could be a Skywalker, and it's been done countless different ways in this thread alone (and more in other threads). So many times that I won't start listing the variety of plausible theories that are out there. Suffice to say, it could work, and it could work well, if they are going that route.
    Of course they aren't twins, they aren't even close enough in age to wiggle that like Luke and Leia. But being siblings or cousins is absolutely not out. We've seen what, a week, tops? And we didn't see every conversation that occurred during that time. We've seen little enough of the principles in the years between that there is no concrete way to rule out Rey being a Skywalker by blood. Contrastingly, there is much we have seen that indicates to many viewers that she is.

wobbits likes this.
  22. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Probably because it’s posed, rather than an actual scene. For example...

From VF 1999:

[​IMG]

23. mariel_rose

mariel_rose Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 19, 2003
    Obi-Wan and Darth Maul are having a jumping contest.

Rey and Kylo were playing in the snow..well Rey was and was like, Kylo join me playing inthe snow! Kylo was like, no I am not going to play in the snow Rey. Just no. Don't throw that snowball at me!

Then I realized it was rain with downed spaceships and I'm was like drat. :( There goes that fun.

It does look like an interrupted lightsaber battle. Sheev's crackles going, Am I interrupting children? I am? Good. *blasts force lightening*

As for the other one...same location, different times of the day. Boom. Also the whole Han/Leia comparison is wrong. That relationship took years to develop! Years! Not a week....and a year....years! It's like if they blended Anakin/Padme and Han/Leia and came out with a horrible mixture. I would only buy a "romantic" Reylo relationship if they had a solid good setting to work with...so far...not so much.

Rey being a Skywalker from a different branch would work for me.

24. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016

Lev Grossman, Vanity Fair cover article writer: (3:33) The meaning of the title: Who is the Skywalker that's gonna rise? It could be Rey. We don't know who her parents are. She could be a Skywalker. When we meet Rey she is waiting for her parents to come back. Then in Last Jedi Kylo Ren says that they were just sort of trash gatherers who abandoned her and then died, but Kylo Ren is of course not really a reliable narrator.

Lev Grossman: (4:58) Abrams mentioned while we were recording this article that the connection between Kylo Ren and Rey 'runs deeper than anybody realizes'. It's entirely possible that they could turn out to be brother and sister. In the new movie we're going to resolve that. It's good that they didn't make out, it was touch and go (laughs) for a while there.

25. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

Apr 22, 2018
    Dang, if JJ's the one who said it...#reyskywalkerconfirmed!

Just throwing out a thought that's been bouncing around for awhile: RJ could be pushing reylo so hard because he knows it's completely out of the question. One last expectation subverted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.