main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub REYLO Fanclub

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by jackson384, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Pfffft! That's ridiculous. I'll bet 75% of this fan club is female. If not more.

Master_Rebado and Valency Jane like this.
  2. Akane

Akane Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2018
    Probably, but this forum is not visited by many Reylo fans, the inactivity of this fanclub is evidence of this.
    That statistic only reflects the opinion of the users of this particular forum, and so far the results are consistent with what we can see in the different threads every day.
    The Reylo fandom is young and that's why they are concentrated on Tumblr, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram. I think that's why I prefer forums, because its users tend to be adult people, which means conversations should be more civilized and constructive, although this is not always the case [face_dunno]

going back to what really matters
    [​IMG]

3. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    @Ender_and_Bean
    @Akane

Some people got turned off about supporting it here on the boards because of the way they were bombarded by non fans. I know of a few personally. I'm an older cat and I love the dynamic of a relationship between them. I am partial though because I wrote a fan fiction where a Sith and Jedi become lovers and it was such a coincidence that blew me away after I saw TFA and Reylo became a thing. TLJ was such a great move forward for them until the very last scene. We'll see I guess. However, if Reylo doesn't work out. I like Rey with Poe, or her just telling all suitors to beat it. :p

4. Akane

Akane Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2018
    I have to admit that I can't see Rey in a long-term conventional relationship with Kylo (or anyone else). I would like Rey to lead a new Jedi order and record her name in the already immense history of the galaxy. For Kylo (if he survives) I would like him to travel from planet to planet on the Falcon looking for his redemption, saving lives and destroying possible threats to the galaxy. Only Rey would know of his missions and his whereabouts. In this scenario I imagine they would meet from time to time to have their own adventures, including romantic moments, although knowing that at the end of the day they should separate and take different paths to continue their personal missions.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    Darth_Furio likes this.
  5. MKL1985

MKL1985 Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2018
    I think there’s so much going on for Reylo not to be a thing I could write a book on it. So many parallels but in a nut shell I feel like we need to learn what Anakin did wrong in order to close the saga out. Anakin had a close brotherly master/padawan relationship with kenobi. He was in love with Padme. In the new sequels we kinda see Rey as a mesh of kenobi and Padme. Kylo is Anakin. Anakin felt like he was torn between them but with Rey being his equal in the force and possible lover. Makes it not as complicated.

Valency Jane and Darth_Furio like this.
  6. MKL1985

MKL1985 Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2018
    That was a Darcy proposal and we all know how that ended!! Lol they gonna get married!! Seriously though an actor reported that when he auditioned for kylo ren part he read from pride and prejudice script. They wouldn’t have put that in TLJ if they aren’t going to end with redemption and Reylo in IX!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  7. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Welcome to the forums @MKL1985 please use the edit feature in the future to avoid double posting.

MKL1985 likes this.
  8. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Well, it would be a good ending.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  9. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    Time to resurrect this thread! We're canon, baby! The Romeo & Juliet/Titanic kind of canon, but canon nonetheless.

I made a Discord chat for Reylo Tumblrites, so I thought I'd share: https://discord.gg/Hh8yVpW

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well I mean for like
    5 seconds

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Blasphemy! A pox, a pox on you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    So excited for The Rise Of Skywalker! Do you think Reylo is really gonna be a thing?

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  13. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    I have seen it, and you will have to wait and see.

14. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Just got back from seeing The Rise Of Skywalker. It. Was. Awesome! And Reylo is officially a thing! I mean, yeah, Ben died, but still. Reylo is officially a thing!

ScorpionJedi and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  15. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
  16. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Like, no duh. AO3 already has a ton of fics trying to give Reylo some kind of a happy ending.

Darth_Furio and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  17. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    Glad to see some Reylos here that are content with the ending and that they went out in a Titanic fashion. Better to have Reylo be an epic tragic romance rather than for it to not exist at all if rumours are to be believed.

Iron_lord likes this.
  18. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Well, I mean, I don't hate it. But I still feel kind of cheated that they only got one kiss. I mean, hell, even Romeo and Juliet got to do a little horizontal tango before they bit it. What gives?

19. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I'm happy about the Reylo conformation and Ben's redemption. I hated the ending and have a big problem with the saga being about Palpatines and not Skywalkers though. Rey no one was much better than Rey Palpatine. Anakin and Luke not reaching out to Ben at all, was a huge misstep in my opinion. Also, Rey defeating Palpatine without Ben just undermines the Skywalker line again. So much potential there to have Rey and Ben standing with the Jedi Force Ghosts behind them and defeating the ultimate evil together. By doing something like that, you confirm the threat of the Emperor's power, and pay off the whole saga. I digress.

Rey and Ben settling on Naboo would have been great IMO.

20. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    That would have been an epic ending!

21. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015

I can’t get over her being a Palpatine, either. They didn’t need to introduce a legacy bloodline because they had someone that had two!

I’ve never been so disappointed in the usage or lack thereof of characters. We needed to see Rey and Ben fight Palpatine together. Where was the epic tag team fight? It was such a waste to not use Adam Driver more.

100% on the force ghosts. It’s significant that they are able to reach out to Ben and he can actually see them so we really get more validation for his redemption. But no... they ignore him while he’s being thrown into a pit?

I loved his redemption. I love the kiss. It’s so genuine and raw. The afterwards is literally the epitome of disappointment for me, though. I’ll never get over that.

22. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    And this is why we write Reylo fanfic.

23. Ruffmeian

Dec 19, 2015
    I’ve actually never even read fanfic... lol.

I’m trying to get into Kylo’s comics so I can get... more of him. I guess.

Darth_Furio and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  24. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    If that implies what I think it does, you need to start reading fanfic. I can guarantee you will see more of him.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  25. Ruffmeian

Dec 19, 2015
    LOL, I didn’t mean it at all the way I think(?)you took it.

I just meant more story in general [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Darth_Furio likes this.