main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Rey's New Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BucMan-55, Dec 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    To answer your question? YES.

Rodie likes this.
  2. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Bold Prediction! Rey repairs the Skywalker lightsaber but at a crucial moment in battle the lightsaber stops working.

3. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I think they should give Rey a yellow lightsaber. I would say purple (Blue/Lightside + Red/Darkside = purple) to represent balance, if Mace Windu hadn't already claimed that color. Mace had his own color of blade; so why not Rey, to symbolize a new Jedi Order? :)

Avnar and chrcharcor2 like this.
  4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Well, I would say it seems pretty clear now you're right about at least half of that...;)

That said, if the promo poster is real then I suppose that dashes any hopes I had for Rey to have a double-bladed lightsaber.

Unless of course your bold prediction ends up coming true completely-in one way or another! :p

5. HostofJakku

HostofJakku Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 18, 2016
    I'd like to see her with a white saber like Ashoka, who in my opinion is the most balanced character we have seen.

6. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Honestly them bringing back the saber must be relevant. i don't think they needed to bring back the saber since to many it was lost with Lukes hand in Empire and then exploded in TLJ. but its back again, which means there must be a reason for it.

But at the same time the idea that she will get a different saber later on means that she has to basically get enough use out of anakins saber for it to even be involved in the film at all. and if she doesn't use a saber all that much then there is no real point to changing it later on.

So with that logic in mind, i think she will use Anakin's saber throughout the film.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  7. dogprivilege

dogprivilege Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    I mean, she still has the staff it sounds like, so I think there remains the tiny possibility she loses/breaks the skywalker saber somehow and makes a new one out of the staff. Or I like the thought of her giving it to Leia and then making her own. Idk a lot of it depends on what they've decided to do what that one Leia scene. She'll probably use it throughout the film :/

8. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003

I agree it's most likely that she'll end up sticking with Anakin's saber throughout. I doubt it would be reintroduced AGAIN if it were only going to be a background prop, for sure. That said, I would love to see her use it throughout the film, but then perhaps in the last few scenes of the film we see her making/wielding some different kind (preferably double bladed) and although we don't see her use it unfortunately, we at least know that's the permanent one she has going forward, beyond the episode into the fictional future. It would be sad that we don't see her duel with it, but at least we get a little taste of who Rey has become now, and who she'll be after IX is over kinda thing...

9. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    It wouldn’t surprise me if Rey goes the whole movie using the Skywalker saber but then in the end after the good guys have won we get an epilogue where Rey reveals that she has a new lightsaber, possibly a double sided saber.

vncredleader, DARTH_BELO and Krueger like this.
  10. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yep, I can imagine something like that.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  11. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Seeing Rey blaze up a new lightsaber and then smashing to credits could be a cool way to end the film. I could see people flipping out about especially if she has a double sided green lightsaber.

MeBeJedi and Glitterstimm like this.
  12. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I'd like just seeing Rey blaze up.

IRIS OUT

13. BucMan-55

BucMan-55 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2004
    If that poster is correct, the only option we have for a new saber is to have Rey working on it as a side project which then gets thrust into action because of something early on in the film. Though, the time between 8 and 9 would already have to include her repairing Anakin's lightsaber so not a high probability of an additional lightsaber (staff/double bladed/whatever) side project.

Opportunity lost.

14. Iceko

Iceko Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2016
    Big opportunity lost for me. TLJ saw Kylo wreck his mask and the Skywalker saber destroyed. Only for JJ to bring them back when there was every opportunity to think of some cool new looks.

11-4D and MeBeJedi like this.
  15. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Really disappointed about the saber. It should've been double-bladed.

16. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    They should give her Sidious' or Dooku's lightsaber, I guess that would be too ambitious when it seems they're playing it "safe".

17. chrcharcor2

chrcharcor2 Jedi Knight

Apr 27, 2015
    *Shortly after blazing up*
    Rey: Perfect. Now I'm ready to watch that Podrace!
    *She grabs a bag of galactic funions and a 40+ year old saga ends*

MeBeJedi, rorow1 and Rodie like this.
  18. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Rey exhales, staring at the twin suns of Tatooine. BB-8 zips his lighter back into his ball.

Rey's eyes are a-glow with the colors of the sunrise, and she speaks to Finn..."Luminous. Beings. Are. We."

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    MeBeJedi, chrcharcor2 and HevyDevy like this.
  19. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Keep in mind, the TFA poster showed Finn holding the lightsaber. She could fix it, it breaks early on (or continually), until she finally breaks out her new one for the final duel.

20. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I think something like this could happen too. Also maybe she'll have to sacrifice the Skywalker saber at some point and then somebody we'll be all, "oh BTW take this I made it for you" and boom she has a new lightsaber.

21. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    That's exactly what I meant. That would be great.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Star Wars Episodes I - IX: The Skywalker Saber Saga

MeBeJedi likes this.
  23. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    It's got a lot of buzz!

24. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    I think they use the broken light saber as more of a memoral piece, and enshrine it under glass or something, and Rey make's her own. This finally ends the Skywalker story, and allows the new heroes move forward on their own with all the hopes pinned on them, and no Skywalker safety net.

25. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I used to be really anti "new lightsaber colours" after the PT but have softened.

ROTJ introduced green :greensaber:
    AOTC introduced purple
    EP 9 should introduce yellow! (or even white) Why not? :cool: I think it would go good with Reys outfit.

chrcharcor2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.