main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Rey's New Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BucMan-55, Dec 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    The way she handles her staff just really makes me hope for a double bladed lightsaber. At this point I don't care what color it is.

Jedi Merkurian and DARTHSHAME like this.
  2. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    All bets are off at this point. A depature from the traditional blue or green blade colors wouldn't be that surprising, compared to what they have pulled on us with TLJ. Besides; Mace Windu has already showed that individual color choices are acceptable, with his purple blade. I don't see why Rey can't have a white blade; or any other color for that matter.

DARTHSHAME likes this.
  3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    THREAD MERGE.

4. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    I assume she will fix Anakin’s. If she does not use that, a lightsaber pike, blue.

This is pretty much, maybe Kylo gets his s*(t together this time. His saber is iconic to him, but maybe he a gets a stable blade to show he is not a mess.

5. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    Totally agree. I hope JJ gives us something different.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  6. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012

Or she may find Luke's green lightsaber in Artoo.

7. yanote

yanote Jedi Knight star 2

May 1, 2016
    That would be awesome!

rebelknight1 likes this.
  8. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013
    I have a feeling that Rey is going to reforge Anakin's lightsaber. There's a reason why the film went out of its way to establish that Rey took both halves of the broken saber. This feels a bit different from Luke making his green lightsaber after losing the old one on Bespin in TESB or Anakin and Obi-Wan's sabers being destroyed and/or taken away from them during AotC.

Now it might be that Rey uses the remnants of Anakin's saber to make a new one altogether rather than just fixing it, but we'll see what happens.

rebelknight1 and Strongbow like this.
  9. LordDallos

LordDallos Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2016
    Purple double blade and I will scream like a little girl.

BalanceOfTheForce likes this.
  10. Parparamia

Parparamia Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2004
    I always got the idea that double bladed sabers were not as honorable as a classic single blade....as if one is putting brawn before knowledge/wisdom. I think it most likely she makes a new saber, using parts from the busted Luke/Anakin saber. single blade with some sort of gimick. wavy blade (like Kylos). The color, i dunno, yellow/orange signifies weakness (generally speaking). Red is of course bad guy, blue is sentinel, green is for the wise. Purple was just a courtesy to sammy jackson. I believe it will be green...seems like only the most knowledgeable in the force use green. But i dont know how a blue crystal will make a green blade....movie magic?

"If you knew well enough how to use it, you wouldn't need more than one"

11. MasterPrince713

MasterPrince713 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2017
    Ehh, who's to say there'll be lightsabers in Ep. IX at all?

I was kind of hoping that staff of hers was a concealed MagnaGuard Staff. Feels like a missed opportunity. Less CGI that way I guess....

My point is, let's not get our hopes too high for double-bladed lightsabers. Though if Disney wants to rehash anything they might wanna try using Satele Shan, Jace Malcolm and Darth Malgus' Sith Empire. Those KotOR trailers entertain me quite a bit.

12. HispAnakin

HispAnakin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 16, 2017
    the last shot with her holding the two pieces was probably foreshadowing to her having either two or Maul's saber

13. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Or that Ben Solo will have the other half.

14. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Other than crapping in the thread, did you have something to contribute?

15. Jazz9276

Jazz9276 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 19, 2016
    Does Rey have anything of her own? It’s all nostalgic hand me downs. My hope for her to build her own is gone. She’ll just repair Anakin's and roll on.

16. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I will also chime in and say:

DOUBLE BLADED LIGHTSABER PLEASE!!!! [face_praying] And let's bring green back, shall we!?

I was so excited when Anakin's was broken in two-finally, definitively ending that one's journey thru the saga. Not cos I didn't like it, but cos it meant Rey would need a new one! :p

17. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    I would like them to go with a new lightsaber colour - maybe her's will be a white one like Ashoka. Rey will now find the balance between the light and the dark and be a grey jedi - so I can see that happening. Or they will go with a new colour or she will use the Skywalker blue crystal....I dont think the crystal was damaged.

I vote double bladed as well. As long as it has bad MF on the hilt.

18. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    Agreed! I'm not super keen on a Double-Edged one, but also I would be disappoint if she just re-made Anakin's Lighsabre like for like, a Yellow / Orange Sabre with a unique Hilt design!

19. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Double-bladed lightsaber with Anakin's blue kyber crystal on one end and Luke's green crystal on the other.

Or an orange-bladed saber to signify her unique identity (if she truly is unrelated to anyone we know).

20. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Open the film with Rey in scavenger mode again finding her own Kyber Crystal. White please!

21. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I think she's going to rebuild the one that got destroyed.

22. edustarling

edustarling Jedi Padawan

Dec 28, 2017
    I think she'll build a new one (maybe that books have a How-to section explaining). Hopefully using a new color (white should be nice)

23. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
  24. RogueZero

RogueZero Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2009
    I would prefer a normal, single-blade lightsaber with a blue blade. Purple would be neat too. Not green. Perhaps the Jedi texts will clue Rey in to where she might find Kyber crystals. I guess I'd be okay with a double-bladed lightsaber. Whichever, I want a scene where she puts it together using the Force and I want the hilt to look like it was made out of spare parts she had around the Falcon or something. A lightsaber hilt that looks like it was built by a scavenger and a person who knows their way with machines.

25. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    It'll be blue if she uses that crystal. And, for a double bladed saber, she'll need a second crystal.

Tan-Wessel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.