main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Rey's New Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BucMan-55, Dec 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    She has the pieces of Anakin's lightsaber, she has the Jedi texts and it's likely with the Falcon's tools she'll have the ability to build herself a new lightsaber. Within the texts there could be designs from the earliest Jedi from a millennia before, what we could see is Rey building a lightsaber that resembles a design not since the earliest Jedi - Sith wars.

darklordoftech likes this.
  2. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    (Sigh)

No, TLJ didn’t mock or belittle the PT.

3. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    In all honesty, it mocked and belittled every movie that came out prior. Most of all TFA.

Mod Edit: Removed for being completely irrelevant.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2018
    MasterPrince713 likes this.
  4. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I didn't realize this thread was a place for you to continue airing your grievances against The Last Jedi. I thought this was a thread for discussing Rey's lightsaber in Episode IX, a relatively innocuous topic, but it seems I was mistaken.

Oh wait, I wasn't.

5. chrcharcor2

chrcharcor2 Jedi Knight

Apr 27, 2015
    Like most on here have said, I'd love to see Rey wield a yellow lightsaber of some sort. Honestly though, I'd be ok with her using a modified version of Anakin's saber also. It'd be interesting to see her use an old 'broad sword' design that doesn't use a cracked Kyber crystal. Rebels showed a saber like that for a hot second, and she does have the old Jedi text that could have instructions on how to make one like that.

6. SKYGUY23

SKYGUY23 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2014
    Double bladed blue lightsaber is my prediction.

My reasons
    1. Staff - weapon of choice most ALL of her life. Well experienced. Makes a ton of sense right...I mean?
    2. Money- Force FX Lightsabers alone. All Hasbro toys from money hungry Disney.
    3. Books- The OLD Jedi text. All the information in those books. Possibilities are endless for a new lightsaber.
    4. (MY FAV) The PT Connection- Most of us here love Darth Maul's lightsaber. It was something special back then. And seeing another one this time used by our hero a female with a green or blue blade would be epic and a nice call back to PT 99. ONE small way to connect to SAGA.
    5. The fight- how to top the fight in the throne room in TLJ or the fight in THEED with obi vs maul.
    Well here you go. Kylo vs Rey. Cross guard vs Double saber would be epic. If done right should be the best fight of the SAGA.. This is the fight to end ALL fights. First Han then Luke...KLYO GOTTA GO.

I also have my doubts. JJ wouldN'T do this would he. Maybe. Idk. I would.

7. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Prediction! We won’t see Rey fire up her new light saber until the last act of the film.

8. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Where will we get a Kyber Crystal from?
    My theorem is that in these Sequel times, it's a fairly rare item. They've been exhausted on Death Stars and Starkillers. Jedha was nuked. etc.

Kylo resorts to using a cracked crystal...

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  9. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Do we know that? Starkiller Base used kyber crystals as do the Resurgent-class Star Destroyers. There's no evidence that they're in short supply. Kylo's crystal is likely cracked because he tried to bleed it and screwed up the process, resulting in an unstable blade.

10. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Rey might consider a short lightsaber blade on her staff perhaps? It's hard for me to think of her without the staff, but a lightsaber is certainly easier to carry around. A double-bladed saber does not sound right because she can use the staff as a tool to trip people or do other less lethal things. All you can do with a double-bladed saber is cut things out. It just does not sound like her weapon.

11. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016

Pretty much agree with all of these. Also in terms of a fight, the ST has really been lacking in epic lightsaber fights. Yeah we had the throne room, but it wasn't a lightsaber on lightsaber battle. TFA battle was ok because it was an atmosphere we haven't seen before (night time snow forest), but wasn't really drawn into it like other battles. I want to see something epic like we saw in Episode 1,3 and 5.

12. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    My theory? Luke stashed his green lightsaber on the Falcon and Rey will find it. Rey's story mirrors Luke's story in a lot of ways so it only makes sense that she started the ST with the blue lightsaber and ends it with the green lightsaber.

13. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    She still could end up with both the blue and green crystals, and wield 2 light sabers, like Ahsoka. One blue one green. I don't recall if the two halves of the blue light saber were left behind, or collected by either Kylo or Ray. The choreography for any fight scene would be pretty intense though and they would probably have to have a stunt double stand in for that.

14. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    A repaired (though with differences) Anakin's saber, and the return of Lukes green saber would be welcomed for me. Maybe one day one of these sabers can be passed on to her first student.

15. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Double....double lightsaber!!!
    [​IMG]
    The Quad Saber!

16. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I’m sticking with my figure eight light saber theory.

vin likes this.
  17. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    May be Rey can repair Anakin's saber as quickly as Kylo repaired his own?

18. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Double bladed lightsaber. The colour isn't important, though I think blue fits her the most.

It would also be a nice bookend with TPM if Rey reveals her new double bladed lightsaber in a similar way as Darth Maul.

19. Makarios

Makarios Jedi Padawan

Jun 28, 2018
    I've seen some discussion about the possibility of Rey having a double sided saber, given her proficiency with her staff, but I'm more curious about the color. In "rhyming" with ROTJ, if makes sense that she will build her own lightsaber in between the movies and appear with her new weapon early on. We've already seen her fight a few times with the Anakin's old blue laser sword, but she's a new woman now. I'm guessing her new weapon may not be blue. Do we go green, or is that too much a copy of Luke? But what else is left? Do we do something new for the movies and go with Yellow, recalling Bastille's double bladed weapon from KOTOR? Or even something completely different, representing that she is not a traditional "jedi" but the first of a new order? What are your thoughts on the color of her lightsaber, assuming she builds a new one and doesn't just fix Excalibur?

20. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I'm still expecting Rey to have a double blade using Anakins blue crystal and Luke's green. Both sides of the skywalker story ready to go.

21. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Purple please and thank you.

dekaneas likes this.
  22. chrcharcor2

chrcharcor2 Jedi Knight

Apr 27, 2015
    I'd love to see yellow in a live action film, and I think it would look great with Rey. Still not sure if I'd like to see her with a double or single bladed lightsaber though...

23. Makarios

Makarios Jedi Padawan

Jun 28, 2018
    I would like the idea of purple, symbolizing a combination of blue (light side) and red (dark side) showing a balance of the force...but it's been done with Mace so I think the symbolism would be lost. Maybe double sided with blue on one side and red on the other. You'd think she was playing with those build your own lightsaber toys (not that Disney would mind).

24. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    White.

25. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    She'll fix Anakin's so it'll be blue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.