main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Rhaine of Torment

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by MannieBothans, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MannieBothans

MannieBothans Jedi Master

Oct 8, 2002
    I doubt anything will ever come of it, but I am working on a novel.

The first draft (of many more revisions to come) is finally complete.

For this collaborative project, I'm using the characters that were created by my son, Nicholas, when he was six years old. Inspired by the 6-yr-old author, I worked his characters into an action thriller with a touch of sci-fi intrigue (or a hint of what some might call gritty "urban fantasy").

You can learn more about the behind-the-scenes process with this manuscript (and you can even learn more about the plot itself) by becoming a "fan" at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Warren-Christopher-Benham-Skidmore/140876736225 and I will keep you updated.

The protagonist in this adventure, Nick, believes he must fight to protect innocent victims from a despotic menace-- with the help of a winged teenage girl from another dimension. During the summer break between his sophomore and junior year of high school, Nick is uprooted from the only home he has ever known in Louisville, Kentucky-- to find himself involuntarily committed to a mental hospital in Tuscany. Is he coming of age or is he coming apart?

I realize that it is likely to be very embarrassing to share this with you because almost assuredly nothing will ever come of it. Undaunted, I am letting you know now (in the hope of recruiting another "fan") because it couldn't possibly help me catch the eye of an agent or editor if I have a Facebook page upon which _I_ am listed as my one and only "fan."

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Warren-Christopher-Benham-Skidmore/140876736225

[n]Sorry, SFFBC is a placce to discus published works and forthcoming works by established authors.[/b]

2. MannieBothans

MannieBothans Jedi Master

Oct 8, 2002
    Wow! Over 100 fans already... Thanks everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.