main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Rian Johnson helming new Star Wars Trilogy!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Nov 9, 2017.

1. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Yub yub! :D

2. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    It's not too late to make a SWTOR-period movie while the game is still relevant.

kalzeth likes this.
  3. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Obviously rebels shouldn't be repeated....that would be a disaster in live action.

But the idea of seeing other order 66 survivors in the dark times, say pre-Rebels shouldn't be thrown out. After all we know Ahsoka, Kanan, Obiwan and Yoda were not the only ones not killed.

You could make a series about Quinlan Vos in the earlier dark times.

Or maybe one of the kids from the youngling arc survived, and could reappear.

With a 19 year span and Rebels starting around a few years before ANH, that animated show should not have a monopoly on portraying jedi survivors of that era on screen. Still many years left before the rise of the rebellion to explore.

Unlike Rebels, another dark times series shouldn't be about fighting the Empire within a growing resistence. Sure a surviving Jedi or another type of character can have a battle against imperials, but that is not the main focus of the show.

kalzeth likes this.
  4. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Space Deadwood rated PG-13. All my monies I would throw it it.

kalzeth and TheRedBlade like this.
  5. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    DOTJ. With Ostrander and Duursema on writing and set/costume design, respectively.

Consider this - Je'daii fighting WITH KATANAS on Tython. Metaphorical full-circle for a franchise that pulls more than a bit from samurai films, hmm? ;)

kalzeth likes this.
  6. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Man it feels like October 2012 again. Anyway, yes, I'm hoping for Old Republic era but if that does happen I want to see an aesthetic similar to Dawn of the Jedi (which I did read) or Tales of the Jedi (which I've never read).

BobaMatt and kalzeth like this.
  7. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Maybe Zahn will write this

WMIRTUTSF, Kylun and kalzeth like this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So I would wager that Johnson came up with a hellova lot of First Jedi Temple lore and I would just blatantly assume that this is going to be an outgrowth of that. So, if it is set in the ancient past, it would be the 7th, 8th, and 9th canoncial theatrical prequels to 1977's Star Wars. (PT, Rogue One, Solo and Clone Wars). I know the Ewoks movies were released theatrically overseas but they are now Legends. Make Wilford Brimley Canon Again!

9. Captain RX

Captain RX Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2014
    It's gotta be Unknown Regions right? They have been hinting it lately and both Thrawn and possibly Snoke are from that part of the galaxy so there's already some connective tissue in place.

SWpants, Revyl Ren and kalzeth like this.
  10. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Right now I would say Old Republic is a better bet. May change once we see the movie but it seems RJ put more focus on Jedi history in this movie than he did in developing Snoke's character.

kalzeth and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  11. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah I think RJ's trilogy will be about the Old Republic. And the Live Series could delve into the Unknown Regions.

Either way I'm excited.

kalzeth likes this.
  12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    We live in a strange universe where the notion of a Thrawn movie is now a closer reality than it was pre-Disney.

cthugha, WMIRTUTSF, revan772 and 12 others like this.
  13. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    What I wouldn't give for that. Just no OT focused stuff I hope.

14. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Sure, but still not that close. :p

Iron_lord and kalzeth like this.
  15. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Give me a series set in the 100 year darkness, with the Galaxy in turmoil and dozens of Sith Lords warring it out while the remnants of the Republic and Jedi seek to consolidate and strike back.

16. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    To me the 100yr darkness is no place for Sith Lords. My preference is for the dark Jedi of that period to not be full Sith yet. Sith identity not happening until after the war is over and the survivors flee to korriban. Giving this period a type of darksider we won't see elsewhere.

darklordoftech likes this.
  17. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    This sound very plausible. To give TLJ the depth it needed (that TFA left hanging), Rian had to work out a serious backstory for the first Jedi. In doing so, he essentially wrote the skeleton of a new trilogy. It won't be connected to the Skywalker Saga in that it will be far back enough to not have to worry about small details affecting the SkySaga, but at the same time will give even more weight to it.

18. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    There's a possibility this could actually be good.

It's more than a little premature to assume it's going to be an Old Republic trilogy or necessarily concern Jedi history, though. "A corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored" could be anything. Maybe he wants to do a fringer trilogy. Maybe he wants to do Dark Times stories about the Jedi Purge. It sounds promisingly like that but it's premature to start selling ourselves on that yet -- and it's also worth remembering that there are all kinds of ways even that concept could be taken, from Jedi origins to Sith wars to the foundation of the Republic to random golden-age-of-the-Republic adventures to Mandalorian wars to some totally random Pius Dea-style conflict. I wouldn't get spun up about any theories yet.

19. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    Havac
    The only thing that is certain is there are plenty of great possibilities, so LFL/Rian would almost have to try to mess this up. (Forces of Destiny)

kalzeth likes this.
  20. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    If we are getting ancient Jedi, I wonder how the sabers would be. For me, I would like to see a design that predates the crossguard, in an age before the Sith exist. A very earlier form of the saber that is still pretty recant in the new trilogy. If it starts pre 100yr darkness, various Jedi can be shown not wielding one, feeling their is no need. Would be great to see the corded sabers though. Whatever it appears as, an ancient saber should be even more bulky then the later crossguards. Forcing duels with them to have a different style then what we are used to.

kalzeth likes this.
  21. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    This is great news. Less great is them announcing it without announcing anything about it. Now I gotta deal with months of speculations.

BigAl6ft6 and kalzeth like this.
  22. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I see this being old republic related simply because, like the Kenobi movie, it's something us fans have been screaming for ever since Disney bought Lucasfilm and Disney know that

Happy Fans= **** tons of money!

kalzeth likes this.
  23. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Awesome news indeed! I am most excited for the fact that these new movies will be about brand new characters in a previously unexplored setting. It's about time to take advantage of the virtually limitless potential of Star Wars!

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Unknown Regions maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dagobahsystem and Captain RX like this.
  25. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    this is very interesting its one of two things either last jedi is absolutely amazing and that great a director that disney and lucasfilm want too lock him down and in a big way. or he is willing too put up with and do everything kathleen kennedy asks

im hoping for option one

kalzeth likes this.