main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Allegiant General Pryde/Richard E. Grant in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Jul 27, 2018.

1. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah. Intentions were good, there's something to say for that even in the face of Hollywooding things up to hell.

2. spacebaby45678

spacebaby45678 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2016
  3. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
    Hype level : 1000000000/10

4. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015
    That sounds very positive and it looks very genuine.

spacebaby45678 and Bor Mullet like this.
  5. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    This movie is gonna be such a hit. It’s a shame 90% of this board has already decided they are gonna hate it before even watching it. Very happy to see Richard E Grant is pleased with the film after all the hard work they put into it!

6. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I would not say 90% hate it but rather 90% meanwhile react after each new leak / trailer like the audience during the Pontius Pilate speech in Life of Brian. I can't wait to see the reactions on this board after the movie.

7. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    There'll definitely be alot of over the top comments however the film turns out.

8. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Well, he is an actor.

I jest. Agreed that he really does seem to have liked it. I'm curious to see reactions from the main cast and to compare those with the previous two.

The Legions of Lettow and arjank like this.
  9. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015
    I know and was thinking about that too but it looks really genuine. I still have no high hopes for TROS though....

Alien Vanguard likes this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I have hopes for TROS. They’re not high, but they are hopes.

Avnar likes this.
  11. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Richard E. Grant: "Having seen the first when when I was a theater student when I was 20 years old and before any of the younger cast were even born it's an extremely emotional thing to see just the passing of time that goes through all of these movies and [Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker] felt really like a combination of everything that I've read in the Bible, Greek mythology, [and] the Wizard of Oz all, you know, rolled into one - this extraordinary summation of the whole story that delivers an emotional wallop at the end that I was totally unprepared for and I was wiped out and I barely slept. So thank you very much for having me!" (December 4, 2019)

12. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    the leaked plot sounds bad. the board all mostly seems to agree. and the new tv spot confirms that plot is true.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    spacebaby45678 and Avnar like this.
  13. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Grant: I have spoken.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  14. Mirandar

Mirandar Jedi Padawan

Dec 7, 2017
    Richard feels excentric but at the same time very genuine, he usually posts a lot of almost "vlogs" on twitter and he feels like the kooky uncle you wish you had. I want to believe him :p

15. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Whatever this board usually thinks about something, the opposite is usually true. So that is a good thing! I don’t read leaks. I judge a film the way I’m the director intended it to be.

16. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    sure, that's your perogative. but the same thing that is happening with this film also happened with Force Awakens. See i thought the same, that no way could the leaked plot be real. then I saw the movie and ALL of it was real. Now that this latest trailer confirmed the stupid macguffin #1 of the film, safe bet the plot is real as we had not see that macguffin in any footage before this. So, unfortunately, this leak is confirmed at this point and the boards feelings on the matter are irrelevant.

17. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016

Richard E. Grant: "The big character plot twist [will surprise people the most about Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker] that I had no idea would be coming. Um...and I'm assuming it's in the final movie which I haven't seen it [yet], but it made total emotional sense and story sense and I thought that was really smart." "I think it's an incredible thing to take something that began with the first movie in 1977 and nine movies later reach a conclusion [and] resolution. It runs the risk of the Game of Thrones syndrome where by there's no way that you can please all of the people all of the time because people are so emotionally invested in the story that, you know, with the movie they are going to see may not be the movie that they have in their heads to see, but for a four decade long fan as I am, I thought it pulled off that feat incredibly." "I read in the script and I then...I know what happens in the end. I'm in a bit of the end, so I know what happens. (laughs)"

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    spacebaby45678 likes this.
  18. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Twist:
    Palps is the good guy and Leia is a Sith Lord.
    You heard it first.

Ubraniff Zalkaz likes this.
  19. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Leia is Plagueis.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  20. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]

HevyDevy and Ubraniff Zalkaz like this.
  21. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    This is quite intriguing. He says he's in a bit "at the end." Normally actors talk about their character in the story, not another character. Does the big character plot twist have to do with General Pryde? How? :confused:

22. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    Pryde is really.......??? I'm stumped. Got nothing. Why would he be involved in a twist reveal? Maybe he's had a grudge against the Rebels since ANH. Family on Dantooine or something.
    Could he be the one who hid Rey on Jakku? How would that connect him to 77 though? Very confused.

23. alwayslurking

alwayslurking Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 21, 2019
    I'm thinking it is maybe just the Hux thing? IDK. I'm surprised he is in a bit at the end, honestly. I figured he'd die in battle (though maybe that's what he considers the end).

24. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016
    Probably the same thing he saw in the script just now in the finished cut just reiterated.

There was also this that Ridley once referred to before.

Daisy Ridley: [Reference] “[J . J. Abrams] did say the question [of Rey’s parentage] is answered. So at the end of [Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker], you do know what the dealio is.” (July 1, 2019)

spacebaby45678 likes this.
  25. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    I wonder if the character twist has something to do with Palpy and some kind of weird connection to Pryde. I doubt he's talking about Hux, because that twist comes in the middle of the film, and this seems to be something towards the end. REG also separately said that the ending was very emotional and packed a wallop. I do think the twist he's referring to comes towards or at the en.
    In an interview, Daisy Ridley said that there are lots of twists, not just one.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019