main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Allegiant General Pryde/Richard E. Grant in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Jul 27, 2018.

1. SKYGUY23

SKYGUY23 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2014

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  2. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    Lando's rival.

3. ioioos

ioioos Jedi Knight

Apr 17, 2015
    Hoping he will be:
    1. Thrawn
    2. Plagueis
    Likely he will be (due to his posh English accent)
    1. New First Order high ranking officer
    2. Voice of bad guy CGI character.

4. SKYGUY23

Jan 17, 2014

Why does he need a rival? Why spend valuable screen time on this plot?

5. SKYGUY23

Jan 17, 2014
    Cad Bane:p

6. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Actually I could picture Hux getting killed one way or another and Grants character escaping, leaving us to wonder if he’ll pop up again.

7. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    He is the real Snoke or Plagueis. I could picture him being physically transformed into Snoke.

8. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    No idea who he'll play...but I'll stick my neck out and say it'll be a mo-cap character.

I'll stick my neck out further and venture that he's someone connected to the Whills.

robot_3 likes this.
  9. Bunai

Bunai Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 17, 2017
    So, Snoke's brother?

10. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Yep.

[​IMG]

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm guessing he's going to play someone of Great Intelligence. :p

12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Snoke’s brother Sal.

13. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Kylo never liked Hux. Now that Kylo is Supreme Leader, Hux is demoted and Grant's character is in charge of the FO military. Only makes sense.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  14. Rebellious Princess

Rebellious Princess Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 27, 2018
    It would be interesting if Kylo made himself Leader not knowing Grant's character outranked him and he's come to lead the FO after hearing of Snoke's death, and discover's Kylo killed him.

15. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Huh, I never thought of that type of scenario. I could see it. What if Kylo doesn't just bust Hux down one rank but makes Hux the head of sanitation or something really demeaning like that? Now I'm picturing that the first time we see Hux it's a close up of him barking orders at people but those people tell Hux to drop dead and then the camera zooms out and Hux is mopping up the floor.

16. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    In his hatred of Kylo, Hux starts giving secret information to Rey and Finn. He's willing to risk hurting the First Order just to bring down Kylo.

17. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Okay, but this gave me a thought. Everyone expects Kylo to be redeemed, but Hux was basically just brainwashed from childhood, like Finn, plus he was abused by his father. What if Finn does lead a stormtrooper revolt...but Hux also joins in on the revolt and ends up redeemed? He'd be facing life in prison once the First Order is defeated, of course, but it would be a novel way to subvert people's expectations on Kylo's redemption. Not that I expect that to happen, of course. Hux is definitely on the chopping block for IX if anyone is. But I think that'd be kind of funny and/or interesting.

18. Rebellious Princess

Jul 27, 2018
    For one brief second I thought Hux was showing a bit of humanity when Kylo kept firing on Luke, and that's when I realized I wanted to see him do something good. That would shock a lot of people! Also Hux is one of my fav of the ST!

Jo Lucas and Revanfan1 like this.
  19. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    In the TFA novel he also didn't want to destroy the entire D'Qar system. Mind you, he was okay with destroying D'Qar itself, he just didn't want to destroy the whole system because the other planets were also habitable.

Jo Lucas and Rebellious Princess like this.
  20. Rebellious Princess

Jul 27, 2018
    Oh I didn't know this! Ok this makes me like him even more! I'm strongly starting to think Grant is going to be the second antagonist now and maybe the one who wants the throne more than Kylo and Hux.

21. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I reckon he's really Khan Noonian Singh...

22. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    I would love to have an older Thrawn enter the picture as a new bad for the finale. Richard E Grant as Thrawn would have presence like McKellen’s elderly take on Magneto. Brilliant and yet an added element of terrifying intensity that just isn’t possible with a cartoon like Rebels.

[​IMG]

I have no idea how they’d make it work of course.

- Snoke respected him and sent him out on a mission to look after their weapon building and he’s heard what happened and is plotting his move against be less experienced Solo?

- He ends up posing as a shadowy insider for the Resistance but ultimately plays both sides?

- Hux tells him Kylo Ren’s failings and how the FO isn’t what it could be or what he fought for in the Empire and he emerges out of retirement?

Like I said... no idea how it could come together but it sure as heck would be fun to watch! Especially if he also somehow lead the Knights in addition and deployed them strategically. I’d love to see him just out-thinking everyone and he’d run circles around this FO crew and be a truly worthy adversary for the Resistance.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I think he’d look a lot better without a blue face.

24. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Mainstream audiences are growing more open-minded to fantasy elements like blue skin and red eyes than they might have been in the 90s.

Movies like Guardians of the Galaxy and Infinity War have shown that a character like Thrawn could be accepted in the mainstream now.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Oh, I understand that. I just find the Chiss design (human with a blue face) to be very lazy by Star Wars standards. It’s, as you say, more consistent with the MCU or X-men aesthetic.

Mungo Baobab likes this.