main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Allegiant General Pryde/Richard E. Grant in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Jul 27, 2018.

1. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    I think it’s always been part of what made him so engaging to people. His look draws you in like a Marvel character and then the character makes you love him. Boba Fett’s look had a similar impact on people but what was behind the look was never as strong.

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Just not my jam, that’s all.

Ender_and_Bean likes this.
  3. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    What? The galaxy needs Smurfs like hin.

4. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I love Thrawn’s look, it’s just really simple and effective, also weirdly believable.

I could see him as taking charge of the First Order Forces mopping up the New Republic behind the scenes of The Last Jedi. I just want them to give him a respectable send off. If Thrawn is part of this film, I think that’s going to inevitably lead to future movies in the timeline featuring aliens from the Unknown regions as villains.

BalanceOfTheForce likes this.
  5. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    January of 2020:

His smile and optimism... GONE

6. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah. Probably because of a bunch of TROLLS on Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2018
  7. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    he looks like a bad guy imperial/FO officer. Everything about his face screams movie bad guy (which is different from a real life bad guy haha). And this is why i hope he wasn't cast as a villain...JJ, surprise us! ;)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Jo Lucas likes this.
  8. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Guys... he will have purple Hair and will wear a fine purple Robe because he is Aiden Holdo. He's back!

oncafar likes this.
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    If they want Thrawn in live action I prefer they keep Lars Mikkelsen. He's played the role brilliantly so no need to replace him.

TheSithWriter likes this.
  10. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Could REGs character be from Serrano by any chance.:p

11. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    Have the new filmmakers even went with the animated voices though? Honest question since I can’t recall. I know Saw was Andrew Kashino but then they cast Forrest for the live action role. The directors have final say I guess on casting and if J.J. loves Grant or thought of him when looking at a Thrawn image (wishful thinking on my part) then I’m all for it. He’s a great actor.

12. TheSithWriter

TheSithWriter Jedi Master

Aug 7, 2003
    One of my closest buddies reported to me the other day that on some of the other sites he trolls for news, that Richard E. Brant (Grant?) has been cast in Episode IX as our favorite Chiss Grand Admiral. Personally, I seriously doubted it.

We all know Thrawn to be a true and noble warrior, devoted to his causes, and loyal to his people. Because of this, I can't really imagine him throwing in his lot with the First Order, aside from maybe having helped set up Gallius Rax's fallback position in the Unknown Regions. As powerful as the Order is, they strike me as bullies with bigger guns than the Empire had, and thus, not Thrawn's type.

Plus, the recent material from "Thrawn" and "Thrawn: Alliances" suggests to me another possibility.

We all know Thrawn was last seen
    in the grip of a purgill as they dragged the Chimaera off into hyperspace,
    to who knows where?

Due to a current lack of anything regarding Thrawn after that point, I have formed something of an hypothesis.

Suppose after the purgill dropped the Chimaera and took off again, Thrawn decided to focus on helping his people against the threats of the Unknown Regions, such as
    the Grisk (sp?),
    the Vaagari (sp?),or even the Nagai. At this point, being so cut off from the Empire, Thrawn might reach out to Ezra and explain the threats in the Unknown Regions, not just to the Chiss Ascendancy, but also the space currently controlled by the Empire. You tell me - would it be possible for Thrawn and Ezra to work together for a common good? Is this why neither of them has ever been seen again (yet)? And what of Ahsoka and Sabine? If they find Ezra and see the work he and Thrawn are doing, establishing another Empire of the Hand with Eli Vanto's assistance, would they also contribute?

It would explain the prolonged absence of any of these characters after Episode VI, all the way thru VIII. But if the First Order is still expanding its reach, it might attract the attention of Thrawn and his people. It makes more sense to me that Thrawn would come in to aid the Resistance, rather than the First Order.

As I said, this is purely a speculation, but I would welcome thoughts on it.

13. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Maul was voiced by Sam Witwer in Solo

Ender_and_Bean likes this.
  14. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    THREAD MERGE.

15. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    After seeing that image, I really hope he's not Thrawn. Haha.

16. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah I don't think that is who he will be. My guess for the time being is that he will be a FO Big wig.

17. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    It’s only a photoshop but I like it as an older version. I feel like seeing him older would add even more gravitas. Like old Magneto.

[​IMG]

18. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    For some reason the combination of Thrawn looking like a regular dude who just happens to have blue skin looks silly to me. And yet I have no problem with the green lady in Guardians if the Galaxy! Go figure.

19. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    Snarky. :p

MJ

cerealbox likes this.
  20. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    I could easily see Thrawn's return disappearance into the Unknown Regions being kept that way until after Episode IX. Hell, it wouldn't be a stretch for them to recanonize the Thrawn Trilogy storyline with updated Sequel Trilogy characters. I feel like these character's being thrown all the way out there is not just to finish their storylines but build toward something else. Maybe it could be covered in one of the new trilogies being worked on; or one of the undescribed tv series we still haven't gotten details on.

21. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    Going back a few months there was also this bit from Zhan that he seemed to have to clarify afterward...

Zahn says he has two more Thrawn books on his deal, but they are in limbo as episode 9 gets finalized #CCROnt #StarWars pic.twitter.com/TpaPzQt49D

— Parks And Cons (@ParksAndCons) May 19, 2018

They also didn't make Zahn aware that they were using Thrawn initially in Rebels:

Dave Filoni left Zahn in the dark about Thrawn when writing that third season of Rebels. It was only towards the tail end of production on the episodes the author was made aware of the plan, as Lucasfilm pitched Zahn the idea of writing a prequel novel.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  22. Rebellious Princess

Rebellious Princess Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 27, 2018
    All this Thrawn talk and Grant being cast with a similar look still makes me wonder, though I've learned not to expect what I want to see anymore.

23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I don't understand. How, exactly, does Grant have a "similar look" to Thrawn?

24. Rebellious Princess

Rebellious Princess Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 27, 2018
    High forehead, chiseled features, gaunt cheeks and similar hair.

25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Let me test it out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You're right that there are some obvious physical similarities.

But knowing Grant as an actor, I think his vibe is very, very different from the cool-headed Thrawn. He has a much wilder energy.

Rebellious Princess likes this.