main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph On Earth, Everyone Can Hear You Scream: The Prometheus / Alien Discussion Thread (Romulus)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Whitey, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Tommy_Docherty

Tommy_Docherty Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 17, 2009
    I wonder if the original Ripley is going to end up being a clone of prequel Ripley.

2. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    NO NO NO NO NO

See, I heard speculation about this long before Ridley Scott signed on. Sigourney Weaver has absolutely no interest in doing another Alien movie.

Basically she wished the producers the best, but didn't have high hopes for the project, given the state of all of the Alien films that followed 3.

3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    What do you mean "that followed 3?" The third one was terrible, and part of the reason the series almost died to begin with.

4. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Other than the reasoning of killing Hicks and Newt was stupid, Alien3 is a good movie, especillay in it's complete form. It put a lot of what Ridley did in the original, back into it.

That being said, Resurrection and both AvPs all blew dog.

5. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003

6. Crash_Davis

Crash_Davis Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2006
    Yeah, but remember, CGI was still in its infancy. I don't think Jurassic Park was released at this point.

7. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008

8. Crash_Davis

Crash_Davis Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2006
    I love Michael Biehn's interview in the Quadrilogy when he talks about somebody he knew stumbling upon his dummy set up in the ADI workshop.

"So I called my agent, and I'm like 'What the ****?' There ain't no ******* way that ******* thing's coming out of me!"

lol!

9. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    I had a dream about this. It was set in the 1970s and featured 50s serial-style voice overs and titles. Jane Lynch was part of a secret deep space exploration mission, or something. I never got to the discovery of the xenomorph, however.

I would probably watch it. I mean... Aliens vs. Sue Sylvestor cannot fail.

10. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Ripley's father was Ian Holm... is that better?

11. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I would be interested in seeing this if it was done well, and I would also be interested in seeing another standalone Predator film. Are the Avp films canon to both the Predator and Alien franchises or is it just a spinoff to both and is in it's own little world so to speak.

12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Two prequals

Both in 3D.

[image=http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/8/2010/04/340x_jockey-1.jpg]

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000

Of course. [face_plain]

14. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Not everything needs to be in 3-D.

15. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    First reaction: WHY!!!

Second reaction: Facehuggers jumping out of the screen at me, eh...

16. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    FINALLY they're going to do what Alien3 and Resurrection should've done, and explained what was up with the Space Jockey.

Maybe they created the xenomorphs in the first place?

17. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    Maybe the xenomorph is just a pokemon whose evolution got corrupted by Team Rockit's clumsyness8-}

18. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    According to Scott, you shouldn't expect facehuggers to be in the new movie.

"I think... I have to design ? or redesign ? earlier versions of what these elements are that led to the thing you finally see in 'Alien', which is the thing that catapults out of the egg, the face-hugger... I don?t want to repeat it. The alien in a sense, as a shape, is worn out."

19. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
  20. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I've been looking forward to seeing the space jockeys for a long time now. I know that they were in either the comics, in the novels or both back in teh day, but I never read them.

Has any of y'all seen the Batman fan film where he fights the joker, the predator, and the zenomorphs. Best fan film ever, can't think of the name of it right now though..:confused:

21. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Dead End

22. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    yeah, that's it.

23. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Starring that dead guy as The Joker.

No, no: the other one.

24. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    This tels me an expert is trying to make it good.

25. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    A few things...

1. If that's the case...I think Scott should stay away from calling it "Alien". Give it another name, because if you call it "Alien" in any form, people are going to expect facehuggers and the classic "worn out" shape. And if they don't get that, then no matter how good the film is as a sci-fi/horror film, the majority of viewers will probably hate it and act as if it's the worst thing they've ever seen.

2. I wonder if Dan O'Bannon had any input into the project before his passing?

3. Perhaps the "space jockey" race was a group of intergalactic slave-traders? All of those eggs.....were once humans being transported, going back to the original "kill me" scene in which Brett and Dallas were being turned into eggs themselves.