main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Ring In The New Year!! - Official Fan Fiction Social Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by JadeSolo, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Force Ghost star 9

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm superstitious too about things like I won't eat meat during a run of shows because I got food poisoning before my first concert at Jordan Hall.

2. mavjade

mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 10, 2005
    Makes sense to me!

I also wont say the name of the Scottish play, or tell another dancer 'break a leg'!

If I catch someone doing these things in my [:p) theater they get in deep trouble, and they all know it! My dad who is normally the TD/SM of our productions enforces it also!

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 SFTC NFL Bonanza Winner star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Well I'm off. Nighty Night.

*off in bliss over General Hospital today*

4. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    I've decided, I love dancing. Even though it gives me blisters on my feet when I do it barefoot. Contra dancing is the best thing EVER. :D

Doesn't hurt that I got to dance the waltz with the guy I have a crush on. [face_blush] 'Twas very nice. We got to dance and talk about where we learned to waltz poorly and how our winter term projects went. Well, mostly just mine, because by the time we got to that subject the dance was almost over. But, it's sweet that he cared enough to ask.

That, and contra is just incredibly fun. All that spinning and twirling just kinda rocks.

5. mavjade

mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 10, 2005
    Dancing rocks! I've done it all my life, it's in my blood!

I've not done a lot of ballroom, and I've never done contra, but I would love too!

Dancing with a guy you like is always the best, he holds you really close...[face_batting] and who doesn't love a man who can dance!

Is this a class you are taking at school?

Just a tip...if you put lotion on your feet, don't while you are dancing, it makes your feet soft and then you will get blisters. You want the callous', believe me. This comes from years of experience dancing in everything from barefoot to point shoes(which give the worst blisters ever)!

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I love ballroom, have done it since I was in 5th grade. My favorite has always been jitterbug.

7. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Godd morning, just checking in before dashing of to work. You all have a good day, now.

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Ah, yeah, you too. Enjoy work and strangle people with their TV cords. :)

9. kotorchick

kotorchick Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 11, 2005
    I may try ballroom sometime. Though I know my way around a studio dance floor, I only know the waltz reallly well and a few other dances marginally well. I'd love to try it for fun sometime.

Mav- I think I'm the only dancer who does lots of pointe work that hardly gets blisters. I've had like three in my life, and most have been on my heels. My old high heel tap shoes rubbed more.

10. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I don't know much about dancing... but I will say good morning to all of you. [face_coffee]

11. amidalachick

amidalachick Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Good morning, everyone!

Dancing's great. :D I've taken ballroom/Latin and belly dancing classes, and I've actually gotten to perform with the belly dancing. I like it better than ballroom because you don't need a partner. Although I'm sure with the right partner, ballroom would be a lot of fun... [face_batting] :p

12. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Right partner...like Antonio Banderas? :*

Okay, everyone, I'm sure you've all noticed that this thread has passed 10K posts. Thus, I'll be closing it and opening up a new one. Hang tight for a minute. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.