main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rings and Sabers.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Elven_Jedi, Apr 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KongZilla

KongZilla Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    Nine Nazgul versus Nine Sith. Well, if you go by the films, sure the Sith would win. Then of course they'd kill off each other till only two were left. But if you go by Tolkien's text. Nazgul would rip up the street with the Sith.

And how about Cave Troll vs Rancor. Cave Troll!
    Bill the Pony vs the Landspeeder. um.. I don't what I'm talking about anymore.

2. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000
    Saruman could be like Anakin. He "turned".

However, Anakin's 'turn' was accepted by the Force. Saruman was judged unworthy to go the Grey Havens. Also , Saruman didn't so much 'turn' as go the the Valar in supplication, at which he was rejected.

3. Elven_Jedi

Elven_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I'ed have to go with the Nazgul to. Have all you people seen
    The Two Towers trailer??????

Heres one for you....Shelob VS Rancor

And back to an earlier subjest, between the Sith and the Balrog I would go with the Balrog, And it might not of lost if:

1. It and under estimated Gandalf
    2. It had realized that Gandalf had blown the bridge

3. Gandalf himself said the Balgrog "was his match".

4. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    you are crazy. there is no way 20 sith would get beat

5. Corpsey_The_Ewok

Corpsey_The_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2002
    Stick the Watcher in the Water into the depths of Naboo, and watch him duke it out with all the other sea monsters.

6. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    id like to see the balrog fight an opee or something

7. Elven_Jedi

Mar 23, 2002
    The Balrog all the way!!!!
    It had migic powers, It would make short work of Siths, becuase swords "Sabers" cant hurt it.

8. Lahne_Pryok

Lahne_Pryok Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2002
    I think that Jedi and Elves are very similar. They both have a strong connection to nature and living things. As well, as have some pretty cool healing abilities and powers.

Later,

9. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I don't know. I think I'm underestimating the Balrog, but he didn't seem that bad to me... Nothing 20 Sith couldn't handle. The could just use the Force and through him of the bridge or something. The Balrog in hte movie reminded me too much of a certain video game character to be scary.

But the Nazgul, they were scary and their horses were even worse. But I still found the most disturbing part in the movie to be when Bilbo tried to grab the ring in Rivendell. Oh my. :eek:

Another comparison between Star Wars and LotR: Orcs and Stormtroopers. Both are are semi intelligent and a force of 20 can be easily dispatched by one person due to their incredibly bad aim.

10. Rogue-Leader

Rogue-Leader Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Stormtroopers would shoot up the Orcs before they knew what hit them.

11. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    I don't know about that. The stormtroopers would try to hit the orcs but they'd miss. Then the orcs would try to hit the stormtroopers but they'd miss. And to complete the picture, the Star Trek red shirts would beam down and try to kill both the orcs and the stormtroopers but they'd miss and hit some explosive, killing themselves and everyone else. It's no wonder the good guys always win. :)

12. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    Okay, but say there's some orcs and stormtroopers with good aims. A blaster bolt would instantly slice through orc armor, but there's no way an ordinary arrow would kill a stormtrooper. Unless it was a really really dumb trooper.

13. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    And there are many very dumb troopers. :) But I see your point. If there was a stormtrooper and an orc both with good aim, the stormtrooper would win.

14. Rogue-Leader

Aug 6, 2001
    BAck to an earlier to debate between 20 Sith and a Balrog. I think the 20 Sith would, Gandalf was able to take down the Balrog, though he went down with it, and I think 20 Sith are much stronger than one wizard.

15. Kendu_Knight

Kendu_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    I agree with Lahne_Pryok in saying that the Jedi are much like Elves. They're the highly, well respected (by most anyway) beings with wondrous power. They both eventually "leave" their lives, with the Elves leaving over the sea and the Jedi leaving over the sea of stars (when their bodies are given back to the galaxy via burning or disappearing). They dwindle and fade, and eventually make their one final swipe against the darkness before they leave.

16. Elven_Jedi

Mar 23, 2002
    ok ok ok, on a different knote, would you all take The Ring Of Power, or........................the death star 1

17. KongZilla

Mar 29, 2001
    Let's see... Damning my life to a wraith's existence under the power of Sauron or being blown to smithereens by a bunch of cocky rebels.

...Do I have to pick? :)

About Orcs and Stormtroopers... I'd go with Stormtroopers but, I seem to remember an entire legion of troopers being wiped out by a bunch of primitive teddy bears with arrows. I'd go with Uruk Hai Orcs over Stormtroopers though.

18. Rogue-Leader

Aug 6, 2001
    Well since I'm mortal and the Ring of Power would, as KongZilla said, turn me to a Wraith and force me to serve Sauron I would take the Death Star. It isn't for certain that you would be blown away by Rebels. If you actually send out more than three TIEs in your defense you would probably be able to defeat the Rebels.

19. Rogue-Leader

Aug 6, 2001
    I'm not sure if this comparison has been made yet but I guess Sam and Artoo are kind of alike in the way that they will follow their masters wherever they go.

20. Rogue-Leader

Aug 6, 2001
    Just for the sake of keeping this thread alive, I'll ask a question. How old is Gandalf supposed to be, was he around the first time Sauron came to power?

21. Elven_Jedi

Mar 23, 2002
    I dont know, I think he helped take out the "Necromancer" which was I think before Suaromon. And I would take the Ring Of Power.

22. Elven_Jedi

Mar 23, 2002
    Is any one here going to the opening day of The Two Towers?

23. KongZilla

Mar 29, 2001
    Well, I'm not making plans yet... :) but yeah, I'm going to opening day of the Two Towers. Midnight show most likely.

This is from theonering.net

Gandalf entered into Middle Earth as one of the Istari, and was deemed the wisest of the order by Galadriel. He has been said to be the person most responsible for Sauron's downfall, laboring nonstop for roughly 2000 years to put an end to his reign. Gandalf was the bearer of Narya, the Ring of Fire, given to him by Cirdan when he arrived in Middle Earth. Gandalf always held Hobbits near to his heart, and he also held their race in high regard. When Bilbo found the Ring, Gandalf immediately suspected that it was the One Ring, but allowed Bilbo to keep it, for he knew Bilbo to be strong, and innocent: plus he knew no safer place for it, and he dare not be tempted with it himself. In the year 3001, Gandalf persuaded Bilbo to leave the Ring to Frodo, and shortly thereafter, Gandalf set in motion the Quest of Mount Doom. Gandalf was one of the most important people at the Council of Elrond, because he alone knew the full history of Sauron and the Ring. He fell in the Mines of Moria, in battle with the Balrog.

...and there is more but I wont spoil anything for those who haven't read the books.

24. Rogue-Leader

Aug 6, 2001
    Is the Ring of Fire one of the rings of power that was made in Eriador? How come Gandalf never talks about being responsible for Sauron's downfall?

25. KongZilla

Mar 29, 2001
    I don't think the "Ring of Fire" is an actual ring. I think it means a circle of fire. This is what he was talking about on the Bridge. "I am a servant of the secret fire. Wielder of the Flame of Anor..."

As far as Gandalf being responsible for Sauron's downfall... Read the books. I shouldn't say anything more. If you really want to know... you can always do a search.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.