main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT RIP Charles Lippincott

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by darthvader88, May 20, 2020.

1. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    TOASTEROVEN likes this.
  2. Hernault

Hernault Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 5, 1999
    That video is like one of those medical videos on how life begins. Something very very very small swims and breaks into something very small.

Thank you, Mr. Lippincott. You unlocked a potential. Your groundwork raised the possibility for a mass consensual hallucination and suspension of disbelief in a completely new universe. This universe was entirely non-earth oriented, and therefore accessible to many. Its depiction effectively leveraged a used-universe, and became timeless. Its production required massive new engineering in visual effects, and became indelible, inseparable from young retinae. Many of a generation were caught in your sly trap. Carry on.

3. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    Terrible news. Rest in peace.

TOASTEROVEN and darthvader88 like this.
  4. TOASTEROVEN

TOASTEROVEN Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2005
    If I recall correctly, and that's a big if, I remember reading in the Star Wars novelization that came out in 1977 that Han said something to Chewie about something that had happened on Tocnippil. (I don't have my copy on me, so I can't check the spelling. I REALLY wonder if I'm getting those last two syllables right). I figured that that planet's name was a tribute to this gentleman. As was stated above, we can thank this man for laying the groundwork to turn a movie into a phenomenon.

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The scene:

Solo and his Wookiee partner had succeeded in shaking a portion of their pursuers. But it seemed that whenever they slipped free of several soldiers, more appeared to take their place. No question about it: the word was out on them.
    Ahead, a series of shield doors was beginning to close.
    "Hurry, Chewie!" Solo urged.
    Chewbacca grunted once, breathing like an over-used engine. Despite his immense strength, the Wookiee was not built for long distance sprinting. Only his enormous stride had enabled him to keep pace with the lithe Corellian. Chewbacca left a couple of hairs in one of the doors, but both slipped inside just before the five layers slammed shut.
    "That ought to hold them for a while," Solo crowed with delight. The Wookiee growled something at him, but his partner fairly fluoresced with confidence.
    "Of course I can find the ship from here—Corellians can't get lost."
    There came another growl, slightly accusing this time.
    Solo shrugged. "Tocneppil doesn't count; he wasn't a Corellian. Besides, I was drunk."