main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT RIP RYL Episode Lando (2018-2018)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Mar 15, 2018.

?

Can We Get a New Movie Night Poll?

1. No

11.1%
  2. Absolutely Not

14.8%
  3. kathleen kennedy

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    @Dandelo - i voted for ur thread title <3

2. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    *lands and gifts to Kronos!*

:D

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Hmm, since we are talking about cartoons anyone up for listing your top 10 favorite?

10.) Spongebob
    That's what my alert told me.

Iron_lord likes this.
  4. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm attempting to watch Justice League but it doesn't even feel like a finished film. The opening credits feel hell of off, and the thug in the Batman intro scene has to be the worst actor I've seen yet in the DCEU.

Don't get me started on the ridiculous saturation (ORANGE faces), editing, and music. Oh, the music hurts the most. This has got to be the worst Danny Elfman score of his career. He couldn't even make the Wonder Woman theme standout as anything special. It's just there.

WB, Whedon, Elfman. Anyone who came in to be involved with this massacre of Snyder's film should feel absolutely ashamed of this complete turd they released. I could not any happier than I am now about Whedon not getting to direct a Batgirl movie.

It's such a strange year. In 2017 I was more hyped for the DCEU than the MCU. With 2018 it's the opposite.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Should Snyder be absolved of all blame if you feel such dissatisfaction with the film?

6. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    Can't blame Snyder at this time since I haven't seen his cut of the film. At least the scenes he directed have noticeably better acting, dialog, and framing. I just can't get the full feel of Snyder's scenes because they are brought down by poor editing, color-timing, and the utterly bland score. And my word, Superman's mouth. Ugh.

Speaking of poor editing: The Atlantis mother box scene includes six Atlantian guards. Steppenwolf kills two and the other four are just magically dead.

Another: The russian family sees the Parademons flying out of the Silo towards them, then in the next shot the Parademons are flying back into the Silo. They did absolutely nothing.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  7. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    Saw Tomb Raider earlier tonight.

A perfectly fine little stalwart action-adventure movie, if also equally stock and habitual. It's saving graze, really, is just how stripped-down and linear it is in purpose. No frills, no excessive run-time. And while the heroine showcases countless video-gamey stunts, at least some real effort was made to ground her physicality with a certain kind of dramatic realism, or at least humility. If Jolie was a (Brosnan-era) Bond equivalent then Vikander is more of a Jason Bourne type, and even then is never any kind of instant Filipino-fighting machine; rather, she desperately sprints and clings to dear life, and on more than one occasion gets knocked around real good by her opponents, both male and female.

Also, unlike Jolie, never once throughout the film is Vikander sexualized, not even in that innocuous Hollywood PG-13 manner. Which is fine, respectively, insofar that Jolie was all things sultry sexpot incarnate while Vikander is more of a sporty little thing better suited for all but drinking Gatorade between speed bike racing and extreme rock climbing sequences. Another semi-refreshing aspect is how the film never quite devolves into a silly and generic supernatural-CGI finale, as one might expect. Its mystical premise unfolds with a bit more in-universe logic.

Honestly, I enjoyed the whole thing markedly more than I did, say, Black Panther.

-

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  8. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    I just had deja vu reading this review. Damn you, Ingram. You wasted my deja vu of the month.

Anyways, going to be seeing this tomorrow. Everyone I follow for reviews liked it well enough I am big fan of the two recent games.

9. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
  10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Tomb Raider looks cool.

11. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    SW The Last Jedi New Toy Pics!

New TOY pics and more!

12. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
  13. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Indeed! Hope you all have a good one.

Iron_lord and heels1785 like this.
  15. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    cubman green beer count: 2

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    How many more are you planning on having?

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Dunno, just gonna see where the day takes me.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Anyone else doing anything Irish/green related?

Iron_lord and Dandelo like this.
  19. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Does golfing count sense your on green grass??

20. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Yes, golfing is very Irish

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Sure? Why not. :p

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    *puts on my green top hat*

[​IMG]

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Welp my workout for the day begins. Maybe it’s not safe not run on a treadmill and type at the same time, but I am going to do it.

Iron_lord likes this.
  24. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
    Not Irish. Not even of Irish ancestry; well, possibly Scotch-Irish but that's technically not Irish either. I'm also not a drinker. Anymore. Grew outta that by the time I hit my 30s.

So I haven't any real interest in the whole thing. Besides, I have to work today. And if anybody pinches me, I'll throw them out a zeppelin window.

-

25. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    I thought golf was more Scottish than Irish...it did originate in Scotland after all :p

kinda ninja'd by @Ingram_I :p

Edit 2: oh...he was talking about himself and not golf...never mind. Move along, move along :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.