main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Rise of Skywalker Director’s Cut

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by smudger9, Dec 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Not so sure; all the Disney Star Wars BluRays have been scrubbed of any references to production problems; heck, from the Solo BluRay alone, you'd never guess that Ron Howard was brought in to finish and adjust the film. IMHO, we're never going to see the TROS deleted scenes and stuff because of this attitude.

2. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

SomethinSomethinDarkSide Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 19, 2013
    The comic book adaptation of TROS is said to incorporate deleted scenes. That and/or the novelization are probably the only way we'll experience some of the deleted material

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    or you have to buy the gigantic box set to find the TROS deleted scenes, or they're saving it for an X-Mas edition like with TFA where they had the 3d blu ray release with more deleted scenes and JJ commentary. I'd hope they'll pop up on D+, that's where the Scavenger and the Stormtroopers exclusive feature from TFA eventually landed.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  4. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Maybe if we are lucky we will get a re edit with super slow mo at 1000fps when rey and kylo kiss in the rain with all jedi ghosts giving the two legit clapping.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    There must be some thinking or background to no deleted scenes so maybe just maybe no deleted scenes will lead to a directors cut in some sort of deluxe box set [face_thinking]

black_saber and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  6. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Gone are the days where millions of people will buy both the vanilla and multi-flavoured versions of new Star Wars films. The home release of TROS will do fine I'm sure, but people won't be queuing up for a 2nd release, either as an extended version or with multiple extras (IMHO).

7. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I’m thinking the deleted scenes are from different visions of the film, such as the Oracle and such. Things they explored but cut because they didn’t know what to do.

8. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    The first blu-ray and digital release of The Force Awakens did not have EP commentary. I would expect this is a pretty barebone release and will have more editions later.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    The big Saga boxed set doesn’t have RoS deleted scenes or commentary either.

That speaks volumes. Those features aren’t being withheld simply due to plans for a later home edition release.

10. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Source?

11. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    A listing description for the set. I think it may have been linked on the boards before but I can’t seem to find it.

12. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Lack of deleted scenes and commentary on ANY release REALLY speaks volumes. It means they either don't care, don't have anything, or don't want anything revealed. They are throwing it out there and saying "let's get it done with". That confirms the production mess this all was.

Wow!

jc1138 likes this.
  13. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Has anyone even spotted JJ lately? He wasn’t even at the Oscars, which was very strange since his movie was up for an award.

14. HevyDevy

Apr 13, 2011
    Thanx.

But what did it specifically say?
    I know the saga set preorder article I read said "27 hours of bonus footage".

That sucks if that doesn't include deleted scenes.

15. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    It listed the special features for each movie. The ones for RoS were the same aa those for the blu ray, I believe. No commentary or deleted scenes, at any rate.

Man...a Chris Terrio+ Maryann Brandon commentary track would have been hilarious. Going by their comments on RoS thus far, Brandon would have sounded dead inside while Terrio would have happily spouted whatever BS occurred to him at the time.

alwayslurking likes this.
  16. HevyDevy

Apr 13, 2011
    Damn. :(

I don't want to get my hopes up they will be released further down the line.

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  18. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    No deleted scenes is baffling to say the least - I mean it's the one thing I really Iook forward to in the blu-ray release of Star Wars movies.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I think the fact that it isn't in the big volume set actually speaks volumes that they will put out another edition later. So theoretically someone would buy the regular release and/or big boxed set and then 6 months later (right around X-Mas time) they put out the TROS super duper edition, like the TFA 3D release with extra content.

20. HevyDevy

Apr 13, 2011

I feel like that is being overly optimistic really. But hopefully it is true.

I don't follow the movie scene very closely. Does that happen a lot?

21. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Lot of the previous ones have had deleted scenes, but I've noticed that Disney is very careful to hide any of the production problems their movies have had, like how Solo made no mention of the change of director. Could see them not putting deleted scenes out for that kind of reason.

22. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Yes, because with SW this happens all the time. (said no one ever)

23. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I don't know about that. I think Disney/Lucasfilm's best opportunity to shift units (of all the films) is with the upcoming 4K release of the 'Skywalker Saga'. Whatever doesn't appear with that release, I suspect, won't be seen for several years until an 'anniversary' edition or something like that.

24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Considering they keep re-releasing Star Wars movies with extra new bonus content throughout the years, yes, it happens all the time.

I'll believe this is the only release when it turns out to be the only release, which it won't, because there's extra updated home video releases going back decades throughout SW releases.

Disney and LFL has been holding back extra content for different platforms, I think even ANH on D+ even had new deleted scenes (extended cantina intro), so the notion that this will be the only release of TROS and that'll be the only bonus features we'll ever see I think is a bit premature, considering how many different and extra/new bonus releases the movies have gotten throughout the years.

Heck even the D+ release of Avengers Endgame had more deleted scenes than was on the Blu Ray. And the big Marvel box set had even more deleted scenes throughout the years. So I'm not surprised if Disney would sit on deleted scenes for the initial TROS release and put it out on different platforms/formats.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  25. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    And yet the set includes an filmlong bonus documenting the production of the movie:
    The Skywalker Legacy – The story lives forever in this feature-length documentary that charts the making of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.

Read More: The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ Blu-ray Has a Ton of Special Features | https://929nin.com/rise-of-skywalker-special-features/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.