main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Rise of the Next Generation: NJO AU

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by SkywalkerShine, May 2, 2018.

1. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    OOC: I know, right?! AAAH! [face_love]

IC: Quorra Flanigan

Crash Site, Zonama Sekot

Zekk grinned, his emerald eyes laughing. "Sure. I'll bring the Hoth chocolate and berry pastries."

The young woman giggled with rosy cheeks. Zekk was very sweet for a Jedi. Why some people disliked them was beyond her. All they wanted was to bring peace to the galaxy. And this is why she admired them: for their courage, perseverance, and kindness.

"Sounds like a plan." Quorra winked playfully.

[face_batting]

NPC: Anakin Solo and Luke Skywalker
    Crash Site, Zonama Sekot

The Jedi Master, Luke, stepped up to gaze at everyone with saddened eyes. "I should have foreseen this. We lost five good Jedi. But this threat will end. As long as we work together to find those responsible and bring them to justice, the galaxy will finally be safe."

Anakin glared quietly at the attacker that was handcuffed and taken away to the Jedi shuttle by two surviving Jedi, ready to be interrogated. He then smiled softly at Tahiri. Placing gentle hands on her cheeks and resting his forehead with hers, Anakin replied, "Things will get back to normal. Like Uncle Luke said, once we find those responsible for this, the galaxy will finally be safe. Don't you worry..."

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Kaleesh-Cyborg @The Real Kyp Durron @Adalia-Durron

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  2. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Skamlös Krigare
    Zonoma Sekot - not far from crash site

The Kaleesh watches as so many make a big to-do over one human who had apparently attacked them. That explains some of the explosions he had heard anyway. As the Yuuzhan Vong leaves the group and starts to come toward where he is hiding, Skamlös is suddenly reminded of his duties and begins to back away slowly so as to avoid detection. Unfortunately, his master Nokzen Ziv has been made aware of his absence and is on the hunt for him.

"Cursed Wild Space parasite," Ziv grumbles, stomping his way through the forest in search of his missing slave. Though several years younger than Skamlös, he is stronger and of a much more intimidating build. "Where are you, Scumlös?"

Skamlös curses in Kaleesh under his breath. He didn't think he would be gone long enough for Ziv to take notice. Part of him demands that he run; flee into the forest and find a way to get back home. But he wouldn't know the first thing about where to go on this vast new planet, so he does the only thing he knows to do after so many years of living this way; he goes back to his master.

"I am here, Master," he says, bowing at the waist as he stands before the brutish Yuuzhan Vong, "I was only--"

The last sound he makes is a grunt of pain as Ziv cuffs him hard with a backhanded blow that sends him reeling and forces him to drop to his knees.

"Abandoning your duties, I see," Ziv replies, taking note of Skamlös' current position, "Ah, that's better. A slave should always kneel before his master. I suppose you need a bit of retraining in your role as a slave." From behind his back, the Yuuzhan Vong produces a thick-lashed whip. "Come, slave."

His head still throbbing from the blow dealt him, Skamlös staggers to his feet and obediently follows the cruel intendant. He has been through this before and knows how to survive, but how much longer will he do just that? He wants to do more than just survive and, looking back over his shoulder he finds himself wondering what it might be like to truly live.

Tag: @SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine likes this.
  3. The Real Kyp Durron

The Real Kyp Durron Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2018
    IC Kyp Durron
    Beside Adalia

"Good to see you, but that's for later. What's going on here? Tell me I just shot down an attacker please as the thought crossed my mind after I hit it, that I didn't."

"Naw, you're good." He watched as others began to take charge of the man before turning to her. "So what you doing here, aside from the obvious?" He watched as she reached up and brush a random red hair out of her face. It'd been a few months since he'd seen her and the emotions were just under the surface, but he was in control.

TAG @Adalia-Durron

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  4. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Skamlös Krigare
    Zonoma Sekot - dwelling place of Nokzen Ziv some time later...

The beating had been severe. Skamlös had been able to avoid such punishment for a long time up until now, so thankfully the whip was not tearing into flesh that was healing. All of his scars were old from when he was younger and more inclined to rebel. What had gotten into him? Why had he let his curiosity get the better of him? It certainly did not prove to be worth it. Often worse than the beating is the salt water thrown on him afterward to speed up the healing process and now he hangs by his wrists, chained to a post to dry like a piece of worn out cloth. A long time ago, he would have wrestled with his bindings and tried to slip out of them, but a lifetime as a slave has taught him it just isn't worth it.

So he just waits patiently, knowing Ziv will need his labor at some point and will have to loose him in order to get it. He tells himself things could be worse; he could be one of those unfortunate creatures the Yuuzhan Vong decide to experiment on in their disturbing obsession with pain. He has been with Ziv for five years now and has not been subjected to this yet--not that he doesn't live in fear that it could happen. This is why he has tried his hardest to be too valuable as a slave, but now he wonders if he has crossed that deadly line that will make him expendable.

Meanwhile, Ziv is already planning work for Skamlös to do once he gives him the freedom to move again. For one thing, the Kaleesh will have to scrub his own blood from the walls and floor of the "training room" in Ziv's house. What a mess. Kaleesh blood is far too red. It's no wonder they are inferior.

"I should make him dig his own grave," Ziv chuckles to himself as he looks out the window to make sure his slave is still hanging where he had left him, "Just to put the fear of the mighty Nokzen Ziv back into that uneducated brain of his. If he continues to neglect his duties, I will have to do away with him anyway. Rebellious slaves never fetch a good price. Too much work to be done to correct their behavior."

The pale-skinned brute walks away from the window to recline in a chair. Might as well catch a bit of sleep while he waits for Skamlös and his raggedy clothes to dry out so he can put him back to work.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Zekk with Quorra at Crash Site

Quorra laughed with a pretty blush.
    "Sounds like a plan." Quorra winked playfully.

Zekk felt happy that he had lightened her mood and that she was set to stay with them. He looked forward to deepening their acquaintance.

IC: Tahiri with Anakin

Luke spoke, voice full of sadness but firm resolve:
    "I should have foreseen this. We lost five good Jedi. But this threat will end. As long as we work together to find those responsible and bring them to justice, the galaxy will finally be safe."

Anakin glared at the attacker that was handcuffed and being taken away to the Jedi shuttle by two surviving Jedi, ready to be interrogated.
    He then smiled softly at Tahiri. Placing gentle hands on her cheeks and resting his forehead with hers, Anakin replied,
    "Things will get back to normal. Like Uncle Luke said, once we find those responsible for this, the galaxy will finally be safe. Don't you worry..."

"Works for me." Tahiri cast a glance toward where Master Durron was talking with the lady pilot with the timely arrival.

She grinned secretly. There were definite sparks there.

Such a handy pilot would be great to add to their ranks, if she were willing.

@SkywalkerShine
    @Adalia-Durron

6. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Crash Site, Zonama Sekot

All of a sudden, Quorra heard something from afar. There were movements among the bushes which was odd. Perhaps small animals? It didn't seem to bother or faze the other Jedi. With curiosity getting the best of her, Quorra decided to investigate. Why? Something inside her told her to check it out...

The young brunette smiled up at Zekk warmly. "Hey um... I'm gonna browse around. Ya know, get some fresh air alone. I'll meet you guys back here, okay? And thank you again, Zekk. For being wonderful." With that, the young woman walked away with the same warm smile. She was super happy that Zekk acknowledged her. He was very sweet and understating. She liked that in a guy.

But her main focus was the source of that noise...

NPC: Anakin Solo
    Crash Site, Zonama Sekot

Anakin smiled at Tahiri and noticed the female newcomer walk away. He recognized her as a musician Zekk and Tahiri admired. Her songs were pretty cool, he had to admit. But it was time to focus on other matters.

"Hey Zekk? While the others are tending to the wounded, would you like to join me in seeing who this guy is working for? Maybe we could use that 'street kid toughness' on him." Anakin grinned playfully.

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Some time later at the dwelling place of Nokzen Ziv, Zonama Sekot

After departing from the others, Quorra was alone in the forest. All of a sudden, she stumbled upon a dwelling place. For some reason, this placed reeked with an eerie and unwelcoming atmosphere. But what really caught her attention, once she snuck inside, was a male Kaleesh chained to a pole. His scars were bloody, as well as the floor and walls around him. The poor man was beaten to a pulp. Quorra held her mouth with welling tears.

What monster would do such a thing? Then, Quorra did the unthinkable. She walked up to the man and shushed him softly. "Don't worry. I'm gonna get you out of here." Taking a pin out from her hair, Quorra began to pick the lock. She tried to keep quiet, but the darn chains wouldn't stop their slight rattling every time she tried to pick the lock.

TAG: @Kaleesh-Cyborg

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Zekk
    Crash Site, Zonama Sekot

Quorra smiled warmly. "Hey um... I'm gonna browse around. Ya know, get some fresh air alone. I'll meet you guys back here, okay? And thank you again, Zekk. For being wonderful."

Then she walked away, her smile lingering.

IC: Tahiri

Suddenly, Tahiri noticed Anakin's mood shift to something serious and crucial.

"Hey Zekk? While the others are tending to the wounded, would you like to join me in seeing who this guy is working for? Maybe we could use that 'street kid toughness' on him."

Zekk nodded and Anakin exchanged a silent warm "see you" look with Tahiri.

@SkywalkerShine

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  8. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Skamlös Krigare
    Zonoma Sekot - dwelling place of Nokzen Ziv

Leaning on survival skills engrained into him from a young age, Skamlös has put himself into a sort of trance, calming his own mind and body in order to detach himself from the pain, knowing there will be no relief or freedom until Nokzen Ziv decides to release him. Imagine his shock and surprise to see a stranger inside Ziv's fortress clearly with the intent to free him. He groans and shakes his head as though not believing what he is seeing, but the vision of Quorra doesn't go away and he realizes her presence is nothing he is imagining in his pain.

"Are you insane?" he hisses in a whisper, "Get out of here! If my master catches you, he will be furious."

He watches Quorra from behind his bone mask, horrified to realize she really does intend to free him. Does she not realize how brutal her own people can be? And why does she even care about the likes of him, a Kaleesh slave?

"Please, do not do this," he begs her, "You will pay dearly and I am not worth the risk you are taking. Get out of here before--"

"What's going on in there?" Ziv bellows from beyond the door, footsteps following his voice as he approaches to investigate. Skamlös shoots Quorra a pleading look, begging her to flee, but all too soon, the hulking form of Nokzen Ziv is casting his massive shadow over both of them.

"Who are you and what right do you have trespassing on private property, little lady?" Ziv pauses to snort and spits a large glob of phlegm at Quorra's feet before lumbering toward her. "He is not for sale," he continues, gesturing toward Skamlös, "And nobody steals from Nokzen Ziv. Now get out before I acquaint you with pain in ways you never thought possible."

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  9. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Interrogation area near the forest clearing, Zonama Sekot

Near a bunch of trees, the attacker was sitting on a rock with stun cuffs around his wrists. The male Human was being questioned by Luke and the others, while two Jedi guarded the attacker side-to-side. "You said that someone paid you to eliminate us. First, tell us who you are. Then tell us who the mastermind is and what their motives are."

The male Human gulped while looking down. "Uuh... My name's Jak Brim. I'm a mercenary that was hired with my partner to end you guys. And the mastermind... uh..." Jak gulped while sweating. "I... I forgot his name!" he lied. Anakin could clearly see that this man was nervous about something. Why was he acting this way? Was the mastermind so influential that it caused this man to act in such a frightened manner? What was more strange was that he was a mercenary! Anakin glanced over at Tahiri and Zekk. Luke stood there with a calm yet confused look.

Dwelling place of Nokzen Ziv, Zonama Sekot

Quorra didn't heed the Kaleesh's warnings. She just smiled reassuringly at him as she was almost done picking the lock. "It'll be alright. Please remain calm." All of a sudden, a hulking figure overshadowed the two. The young woman disguised as a Human gasped softly and glanced up at the cruel, angry brute. "Who are you and what right do you have trespassing on private property, little lady?"

Before she could answer, the menacing Yuuzhan Vong spat a huge glob of phlegm at her feet. This almost set Quorra off due to the disrespect from him but she remained calm. Instead, she glared up at him. "Gross..." she mumbled.

"He is not for sale," he continues, gesturing toward Skamlös, "And nobody steals from Nokzen Ziv. Now get out before I acquaint you with pain in ways you never thought possible."

The young woman sighed. "Look... I'm not here to buy him. I'm here to free him. No one deserves slavery. Besides, we're on Zonama Sekot, the living planet! I'm pretty sure this planet and others won't like when I tell them that a large, cruel Vong is keeping a slave and beating him. Now I'm telling you... Let. Him. Go."

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Zekk with Anakin

Luke was questioning the would-be attacker who was stun-cuffed around the wrists and also being guarded by 2 Jedi.

"You said that someone paid you to eliminate us. First, tell us who you are. Then tell us who the mastermind is and what their motives are."

"Uh... My name's Jak Brim. I'm a mercenary that was hired with my partner to end you guys. And the mastermind... uh..." Jak gulped while sweating. "I... I forgot his name!"

Zekk glowered. He could tell the sleemo was lying. He caught Anakin's glance and then Tahiri's as she came over from checking on the wounded.

Zekk thought: This mastermind, so-called, must be powerful indeed to make this guy cower and cringe and lie through his teeth.

Zekk strode forward and put on a menacing tone. His emotions were calm and free of angry taint, but Mr. Brim didn't have to know that.
    "Listen, you're not doing yourself any favors by not giving up the goods on your 'friend'! If you think for one split second he's going to come and help your slithery butt out of this jam, you're even stupider than present appearances."

Tahiri chuckled and suggested softly to Luke: "Perhaps Mara could get something constructive out of him?"
    TAG @SkywalkerShine

11. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Skamlös Krigare

Though his expressions remain unseen behind his mask, Skamlös' jaw drops as Quorra defies Nokzen Ziv.
    'She's a goner,' he thinks to himself, 'She's dead meat. Ziv will probably kill her and try to fuse her organs onto me or some other such sick and twisted experiment. I guess we're both dead. Blast. I really wanted to get back home before I die.'

"You got spunk, girly," Ziv chuckles, reaching behind his back and producing a very sharp, very large battle axe, "That'll get you killed! You will not set him free! He is my property and I paid a fine price for him! Now back away and I might let you go unscathed."

Skamlös' gaze shifts from Quorra to Ziv and back again as each of them speaks. He maintains his silence for fear of making things worse for the girl. At the moment, Ziv just seems amused by her brazenness.

"You fail to realize this slave is Kaleesh," he replies, "If you knew anything at all, you would know that these creatures only exist to be slaves to other species. They are too stupid and primitive to be anything else in life, but they make darn good slaves. His beating was well deserved and I most certainly will not be letting him go on the command of some skinny little girly."

12. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007

Anakin watched as Zekk stepped forward with a calm yet menacing tone. "Listen, you're not doing yourself any favors by not giving up the goods on your 'friend'! If you think for one split second he's going to come and help your slithery butt out of this jam, you're even stupider than present appearances." Anakin nodded with raised eyebrows and a grin. Now that was the Zekk Anakin knew.

Jak gulped up at the young man who was in his early twenties. These Jedi clearly didn't know who they were dealing with! Their new boss was someone who wasn't to be taken lightly. They couldn't know! Not yet... Jak glared, trying to muster up whatever courage he had left. "Fine! I'll tell you one thing: He's a Yuuzhan Vong. And a madman! He was upset about hearing the death of the Superem Overlord and Onimi's death. I think he and Onimi were pals or somethin', I dunno!"

Anakin glanced at the others with a slight worried and confused look. Luke brushed his chin gently while thinking this over. "I see. Thank you. That is all we need at the moment." He gazed at the two Jedi guarding Jak. "Please contact a shuttle immediately and escort our 'friend' for further questioning." After the Jedi Knights bowed, they took the cuffed man and led him away. What the others didn't know was that they were in for a rude awakening before the man went away...

Quorra could feel that the Kaleesh was nervous. She didn't even have to look at his expression. All she knew was that she was up against a hulking Yuuzhan Vong who took out a huge battle axe. A slight expression of fear was present in her face, but Quorra quickly dismissed it.

"You got spunk, girly," Ziv chuckles, reaching behind his back and producing a very sharp, very large battle axe, "That'll get you killed! You will not set him free! He is my property and I paid a fine price for him! Now back away and I might let you go unscathed."

The female musician breathed softly as he spoke. Picture an ash-rabbit being corned by a large, menacing nexu. That's exactly how Quorra felt. But even preys had ways to outsmart their hunters.

"You fail to realize this slave is Kaleesh," he replies, "If you knew anything at all, you would know that these creatures only exist to be slaves to other species. They are too stupid and primitive to be anything else in life, but they make darn good slaves. His beating was well deserved and I most certainly will not be letting him go on the command of some skinny little girly."

All of this to her was just talk from a boastful Yuuzhan Vong who cared for nothing but seeing others miserable. This really ticked the young woman off. Glaring up at Nokzen, Quorra did the unthinkable...

< "I am not afraid of you. And I will not let you continue this madness. Let him go. NOW!!" > the young brunette spoke in clear yet husky Yuuzhan Vong language. As she did, it was as if her glaring eyes shone yellow with anger again. Just like it did when the attack shuttle assaulted the Jedi...

All of a sudden, Quorra gasped and covered her mouth with a bewildered look. Realizing what she'd done, it was obvious that she blew her cover. Okay, so maybe that wasn't the best way to outsmart someone...

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Tahiri at Interrogation area

Tahiri gasped as Jak revealed the mastermind behind the scheme. As he was led away, she felt a premonitory chill. That was too easy. Was it just the beginning of another crisis?

She sighed and moved over to say to Zekk: "Great handling of that Gundark butt."

He laughed. "Thanks. Wonder if Quorra's back by now?"

Tahiri grinned and winked. She knew the signs of a burgeoning interest.

@SkywalkerShine

;)

14. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    OOC: I'm jumping in here...hope you don't mind!
    IC: Jaina & Jacen -- Interrogation area

As the prisoner was being escorted away, Jaina saw her twin scowling in the general direction of Tahiri and Zekk. Curious, she made her way over to her brother and sat next to him on the small boulder.

"You don't approve of Zekk's interrogation?"

"Huh?" Jacen was so lost in thought, he hadn't noticed his sister's arrival. "Oh, that." His tone turned matter-of-fact, "Nah, the guy's lucky Anakin didn't ask me to assist...I would have just tied him to an Embrace of Pain and waited for answers."

Jaina didn't know what to make of that, so said nothing. From what Jacen had told her, excruciating didn't even begin to describe what the Embrace was like. Somehow, though, he had lived through it...although she was a little saddened that he would even think about using it on someone else. Not wanting to dwell on it, she changed the subject.

"What's troubling you, then?

Jacen gave her a sideways glance and lowered his voice, "There's something odd about our new singer friend."

"We-ll..." Jaina drawled, "...she does seem to have a thing for Zekk."

"Didn't you have a thing for Zekk?"

Jaina bonked her brother with her shoulder, "I got over it. Besides, it's not as if our class had any better choices."

"There was always Ganner." Jacen replied, dead-pan.

Jaina's bark of laughter echoed through the clearing, earning several odd glances from the assembled throng. Embarrassed, she tried to swallow the rest of her mirth. "Wouldn't that have been a sight. He always was a bit over the top."

Jacen replied with the grin that Jaina wished she would see more often, "He was at that."

For a long moment, the two of them sat and reflected on their friend and all they had both lost during the war. Finally, remembering what Jacen had said about 'odd', Jaina reached out towards Quorra, but didn't sense anything different.

"I don't sense anything about Quorra."

Jacen nodded, as if expecting that to be her answer. He thought of asking if she meant if she meant she didn't sense anything, or just anything odd. Jaina had fought the same war he had, however, and would know by now what a void felt like in the Force.

"Probably just me being paranoid." He agreed quietly.

Jaina bonked him again with her shoulder, "Dad would call it a survival skill." Her voice lowered, "Keep an eye on her and let me know."

Her twin answered with a solemn nod, "Wilco."

15. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Skamlös Krigare

Skamlös gasps as Quorra says something to Ziv in the Yuuzhan Vong language. He doesn't understand what she is saying, but the tone in which she says it is angry; even aggressive. So she is a Yuuzhan Vong. He had thought so from smell alone, but he wasn't sure. Not until now. His eyes shift warily to his master, knowing this is definitely going to shift the balance of this argument. In what way, he does not know. Nokzen Ziv narrows his eyes at Quorra and moves forward, towering over her smaller and more delicate figure.

"I knew there was something strange about you," he growls, "You are one of the blemishes among our race. A shamed one! And you dare to bring your vile little self into my home to rescue someone almost as shameful as you are? You've got a lot of nerve."

His face grows dark with hatred and disdain as he draws up on the battle axe in his hands, but just as suddenly, a spark of triumph lightens his features and he smiles a cruel smile at the cowering Quorra. He has the upper hand now for sure.

"Still insistent on letting my slave go?" he asks, thudding a heavy hand against Skamlös' scar-striped shoulder and causing the Kaleesh to flinch in pain, then he takes a step back, spreading his hands as he continues, "Fine. Go ahead. I will even give you the key. And to repay your 'valiant' deed, I will make sure everyone knows exactly who and what you are, shamed one."

Skamlös doesn't understand much of what is going on here as far as what defines a shamed one in this culture, but he knows that certainly Quorra is being threatened with a high degree of humiliation which could later result in death. He silently prays she will just walk away. As much as he wants his freedom, his own culture is one of dignity in which humiliation is sometimes a fate worse than death. He locks his gaze on her, silently pleading for her to walk away and pretend none of this had ever happened.

16. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007

Anakin felt better about the small information on who could be behind all of this. However, it wasn't enough to determine who it actually was. He then heard Tahiri sigh and speak with Zekk.

"Great handling of that Gundark butt."

Anakin chuckled and nodded in agreement. To see Tahiri joke about someone ever since her ordeal with the Yuuzhan Vong, the young man was relieved to see her smile. Hopefully, when they found this mastermind, they could finally be at peace and live a normal life together. Then he saw Zekk laugh.

"Thanks. Wonder if Quorra's back by now?"

Ah Quorra... Tahiri and Zekk's favorite singer. Maybe it was just him but Anakin felt that Zekk admired the singer. Who knew? Maybe Zekk would finally find someone who liked him. Glancing over at his siblings, so many thoughts came to mind.

The trio had so many adventures together. From Centerpoint Station up until now, Anakin was always grateful to see his siblings together. Alive and well. He often thought: What would happen if he, Jaina, or Jacen died on the Mission to Myrkr? Would one of them nearly fall to dark side? Or travel alone to find peace? Perhaps in another universe it could happen...

All of a sudden, Jak stopped and began to panic. A beep-beep sound could be heard by everyone. "No... NO!! I didn't tell 'em who you were! Please!" As the beep-beep went quicker, one of the Jedi that escorted him saw behind Jak's neck a red glow.

"BOMB!! Get down!" The two Jedi ran off, leaving the tearful Jak to his fate. A bewildered Anakin grabbed Tahiri's arms and made her fall towards the ground with him. "AAAGH!!" the man screamed, before his neck exploded. The headless body fell limp on the grassy ground while the others who ducked watched in horror. Anakin's icy blue eyes were widened with disbelief and shock. "By the Force..."

Luke, who also ducked, stood up and cautiously walked over towards the body. Kneeling down and examining it, he saw the man's severed head feet away from his lower body. "Someone planted a small bomb in his neck. And judging from his reaction... they might have been listening as well." Luke spotted a beetle-like bug crawl out of the man's ear. Once the beetle got on the grass, Luke used his lightsaber to plunge down at it. "Oh yeah... They were listening alright."

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @SiouxFan

"I knew there was something strange about you," he growls, "You are one of the blemishes among our race. A shamed one! And you dare to bring your vile little self into my home to rescue someone almost as shameful as you are? You've got a lot of nerve."

Once Ziv raised his huge battle axe at her, Quorra gasped, closed her eyes while glancing away, and spread her arms to defend Skamlös. It didn't matter what happened to her. She just wanted the Kaleesh to be okay. All of a sudden, nothing happened. Quorra opened her eyes to see an amused and cruel look on Ziv's face.

"Still insistent on letting my slave go? Fine. Go ahead. I will even give you the key. And to repay your 'valiant' deed, I will make sure everyone knows exactly who and what you are, shamed one."

Hearing these words from the tall Yuuzhan Vong's mouth made her heart sank. She couldn't let her secret out. Not yet at least. What if her fans didn't accept her? What if the Jedi didn't accept her?! What if... Zekk didn't accept her if the truth got out?

Tears fell from her defeated eyes. She glanced over at Skamlös who pleaded her to just leave him. Gazing up at the cruel Yuuzhan Vong who had the upper hand, Quorra sighed through her tears. Leaving a slave was like leaving herself or a loved one behind. "Alright. You win. I'll do anything to keep my secret safe. Just... please. Please don't harm him any more. I'll... I'll do anything." Quorra felt as if her world crumbled around her. But in time, she will tell Zekk and everyone else the truth about herself.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  17. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Skamlös Krigare
    Zonama Sekot - dwelling place of Nokzen Ziv

Skamlös breathes a sigh of relief as Quorra agrees to back down. Though he hates his own situation, he would hate it even more if his situation became the cause of someone else's pain and suffering. Ziv, on the other hand, has plans with this foothold he has to blackmail the smaller Yuuzhan Vong whom he has caused to cower before him. He shows no shame or remorse in his ability to bully those weaker than himself. However as he looks down at her, he offers a slight chuckle that almost--ALMOST--sounds like sincere regret.

"You really care about a slave that much, do you?" he asks, slipping the battle axe back into the holster on his back, "No wonder you are a shamed one, feeling sorry for a lesser species like that. But fine. I will humor you."

He produces a key from his pocket and inserts it into the lock that secures Skamlös' chains and, with surprising--and not to be trusted--gentleness, he lowers the Kaleesh to the ground and sets him free. Skamlös is not so foolish as to think his freedom is the real deal though. He knows Nokzen Ziv is out to prove a point that will wound both of them. The Kaleesh will not take advantage of his perceived freedom; he knows what it will cost him. Like a programmed droid, he gathers his tattered robe and tunic and puts them on, wincing as the cloth comes to rest on his open wounds. He then goes about cleaning the "training room" on his hands and knees, scrubbing his own blood from the floor.

"You see?" Ziv says to Quorra, "He is content in his place here. My dear, he has been a slave so long, it would be a cruel shock to his system to set him free. He wouldn't know what to do with his freedom and he probably wouldn't last a day. He is safer here. He is fed and sheltered and I make sure he never has idle time to become bored. Slave! Show our...guest...to the door."

Skamlös immediately drops what he is doing and, wiping his hands dry on his robe, he hurries to the door to escort Quorra outside. Ziv follows, that same cruel and bemused smirk on his face as the Kaleesh behaves exactly how he knew he would out of fear. He knows it's likely that Quorra, seeing a creature reduced to the emotionless resignation of a droid, will be brought to sorrowful defeat, which is exactly what he wants.

"Thank you for stopping by," Skamlös speaks as though this had merely been a social visit as he holds the door open for Quorra to pass through, "May the various suns of Zonama Sekot shine warm upon you."

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Zekk and Tahiri -- at the Interrogation Site

All of a sudden, Jak stopped and began to panic. A beep-beep sound could be heard.
    Uh, oh. Zekk thought. Sounds like it couldn't be, could it?

"No... NO!! I didn't tell 'em who you were! Please!" Jak exclaimed desperately.
    The beep-beep increased; one of the Jedi that escorted Jak saw behind Jak's neck a red beam of light.

"BOMB!! Get down!"

The two Jedi ran off, leaving the tearful Jak to his fate.

Anakin grabbed Tahiri and they dove to the ground. Zekk gasped in horror as the bomb exploded.
    Luke cautiously stood and went to investigate once the air had cleared of the sound and fury.

Kneeling down and examining the body, he saw the man's severed head feet away from his lower body.
    "Someone planted a small bomb in his neck. And judging from his reaction... they might have been listening as well."

Luke noticed a beetle-like bug crawl out of the man's ear. Once the beetle landed on the grass, Luke used his lightsaber to plunge down through it. "Oh yeah... They were listening alright."

Tahiri felt an icy dread come over her. "Then the danger is even more immediate than we thought or feared." She breathed.

Zekk thought swiftly of Quorra. He hoped she hadn't run into any more would-be attackers. He cast a look over at Jaina and Jacen. "We definitely need to get on this ..." He said, although he wasn't exactly sure what the next steps should be, but the more input they got, the better off they'd be.

TAG for
    @SkywalkerShine & @SiouxFan

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  19. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    IC: Jacen, Jaina

"BOMB! Get down!"

Instantly Jacen dove off of the boulder he was on and flattened himself on the ground, only vaguely aware of his sister doing the same next to him. As the two of them heard a muffled whump, he felt his sister's Force awareness extend like a bubble as she scanned for any attackers, and he did the same...only he reached out through his 'Vongsense'.

"Find anything?" Jacen whispered as he cautiously peered over the boulder.

"Nope. You?" Jaina asked as she did the same, her unlit lightsaber in her hand.

"Yeah..." he said cautiously, gesturing with his head at the area behind where Tahiri and Zekk had previously been. "...I've got two Vong off that way. Maybe half a click." He focused his attention on the pair mentioned, "Not sensing any movement, though."

Jaina rose to her feet and offered her hand to Jacen, "Should we go check it out?"

Letting his sister help him up, "Not yet...they might not know we're here, and I'd rather not walk into a trap."

Jaina nodded absently as she heard Luke declare, "....They were listening, alright."

The woman followed Tahiri over to where Luke had speared an odd-looking beetle. Tahiri bent down and examined the beetle, "This is only a short-range vilip-beetle."

Luke nodded, "Which means that either his boss is on planet, or there's a repeater nearby."

"Well, that would explain...." Jaina started as she turned towards her twin. Her sentence died off as she realized her brother was nowhere to be seen.

"Explain what?" Zekk asked, picking up on Jaina's alarm.

Jaina continued to stare into the woods where Jacen had nodded and reached out through the Force for her brother. Giving Zekk a sideways glance as she continued to search the Force, "Jacen sensed a couple of Vong in that direction."

Zekk started walking in the direction indicated and Jaina hurried to catch up. "All the more reason we need to get to the bottom of this." He said over his shoulder to the rest of the group.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  20. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007

[​IMG]

The smell of blood from the floor filled Quorra's nostrils. A disgusted and heartbroken look could be seen on her face. After all the deaths and heartaches she had encountered and heard, the young woman just wanted to leave this nightmare of a place. She especially wanted to take Skamlös with her and see him be happy and free. But what Quorra saw next made her heart sank even more.

After hearing Ziv's taunting words, he let the male Kaleesh go. But once he was released him, Skamlös immediately placed on his clothes (which looked painful due to his expression), got on his hands and knees, and began to clean up the blood on the floor. Why? Why would he want to serve this brute of a Yuuzhan Vong? This person that treated him so wrongly? The Yuuzhan Vong people, in Quorra's eyes, were nothing more than people who loved to see the misery of the weak. But not all of them were bad. The Shamed Ones helped the Jedi and their allies win the war. So faith in the Yuuzhan Vong wasn't completely lost.

"You see?" Ziv says to Quorra, "He is content in his place here. My dear, he has been a slave so long, it would be a cruel shock to his system to set him free. He wouldn't know what to do with his freedom and he probably wouldn't last a day. He is safer here. He is fed and sheltered and I make sure he never has idle time to become bored."

Safer here... Food and shelter... That's not what Quorra saw here. A home was a place where you felt safe in. A place where you can rest from a long day of work, be with family, and share wonderful memories. This place was not a home. It was a prison. A dark and lonely prison.

"Slave! Show our...guest...to the door."

Quorra gasped softly as she got out of her trance. She glanced at Skamlös, who scurried over to the entrance and opened the door for her. The young woman quietly glared up at Ziv with welled up tears and walked towards the door. This was not over. She would not interfere with Ziv yet due to her secret of being a Yuuzhan Vong. But one day, Quorra will find a way to help the Kaleesh and show him true peace.

"Thank you for stopping by," Skamlös speaks as though this had merely been a social visit as he holds the door open for Quorra to pass through, "May the various suns of Zonama Sekot shine warm upon you."

The young woman smiled softly and nodded. "And you as well. My name is Quorra by the way. It was... It was nice to meet you." With that, the young musician walked out the door and kept moving towards the woods. Once she got there, Quorra had her back on a tree and sank down slowly on the grass. She began to sob quietly while staring up into the tall trees that covered the blue skies. The luminous, green leaves danced among the light of the sun and birds could be heard singing soft tunes. Peace reigned in the woods. But still, that peace couldn't ease Quorra's broken heart.

Taking off her black choker and activating it, a holographic video of a sixteen-year-old Quorra and her adoptive parents could be see. They were smiling and hugging Quorra lovingly as the older Quorra observed sadly. "Mom. Dad. I wish you guys were here. I still have much to learn..." Turning it off, the young woman held the choker close to her heart and continued to cry softly.

TAG: @Kaleesh-Cyborg and everyone

NPC: Anakin Solo
    Interrogation area, Zonama Sekot

Once Anakin got up, he heard Tahiri's words with a worried expression. "Then the danger is even more immediate than we thought or feared." The young man nodded and gulped quietly.

After finding out that this was a short-range vilip-beetle, Anakin rubbed his soft chin thoughtfully. True in what Uncle Luke said. The boss could be on planet or it was a repeater. But where? All of a sudden, he noticed that his brother, Jacen, was already gone. Knowing his brother, he was already on the case. Anakin decided to follow Jaina and Zekk in the woods, making sure Tahiri would be safe if any more attack happened.

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Tahiri in the Interrogation Area

Tahiri smirked as Anakin followed Jaina and Zekk who had followed Jacen into the woods. Reckless and courageous Solos, she thought with affection, and Zekk wasn't too different from them.

IC: Zekk trailing after the Solos ;)

Zekk didn't have a Vong-sense as the younger Solos had. But he had a strong and life-honed danger sense, so he was attuned to any nuances hinting at threat.

As they crested a knoll, he saw Quorra approaching from a distance. Her demeanor seemed, if anything, despondent and disheartened. His stomach clenched. What could have happened in the brief interval since she had parted from them to cause this change in mood?

@SkywalkerShine & @SiouxFan :D

22. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Jacen had taken advantage of the small distraction and was able hurry out of the clearing and into the woods without being seen. After 100 meters or so, he slowed, not wanting to make any more noise than was possible. Through his 'Vong-sense', he could now tell that one of the two Vong was moving in his general direction.

Frowning, he moved to intercept, quietly moving from tree to tree as cover for his movement. Keeping an 'eye' on both Vong, Jacen noticed that the one moving had stopped again, and he adjusted his course accordingly. Moving slower now, as the lack of movement on the target's part would make it easier for it to hear his own movement, he continued to advance.

Stopping behind a cluster of small pines about 15 meters from the now stopped Vong, he quickly switched back to using the Force and could sense his brother and sister behind him a few hundred meters, their intensity shining in the Force. He couldn't sense Zekk as clearly, but he still recognized his friend's presence. Great. It's not that Jacen didn't appreciate their concern or desire to help, but the three of them were about as subtle as a rancor. He was about to tell them to stop through their link, but he heard a voice he recognized. ...I still have much to learn.

Taking a cautious look through the pines, he saw Quorra sitting under a tree, holding something. What is she doing out here? He was about to step out and ask when it dawned on him that she was dim in the Force. Curious, he switched back to 'Vongsense' and the singer bloomed into view. For a long moment, Jacen stared at his friend, trying to puzzle out how she could be sensed by both the Force and in 'Vong'. Deciding that he didn't have the time to really think on the subject, he cautiously came from around the tree.

"Quorra?" He said softly getting her attention. <Is everything okay?>

The singer gave him a sad smile, <Yes. I was just....> she trailed off, realizing that she'd given herself away.

Jacen shifted the blaster carbine he'd been carrying....not pointing at Quorra per se, but not pointing it away from her, either. <Who are you, really?>

The young woman stood, understanding the implied threat but also realizing that someone else might have just shot her on sight. <I am Shamed.> She switched to Basic, "And a singer."

Jacen nodded, and gestured to her right with the carbine, "And your friend?"

Quorra didn't know how Jacen had learned of Nokzen Ziv, but was too mad to care. "He's not my friend. He's a slaver and a disgrace." She followed that with a couple Vong invectives that Jacen couldn't quite follow, but made him smile nonetheless. Something about a rakatant and a amphistaff.

One hundred meters to Jacen's left, one of the 'rescue' party, Anakin if he had a guess, stepped on a branch that 'cracked' under his weight. Quorra turned her head in that direction, but didn't see anything. Turning her attention back to Jacen, she found herself alone again.

Not knowing what else to do, Quorra headed across the small clearing in the direction of the noise she'd heard.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  23. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Returning to the Forest clearing, Zonama Sekot

One of the Jedi knew. One of them knew of her secret now. What could she do? Should she run away and hide forever, leaving her friends and fans in a state of confusion. But then again, Quorra didn't want anyone getting hurt, especially Zekk. Plus, she was now worried about Jacen. Did he understand her ordeal? Could he perhaps help her find peace? The young woman sadly rubbed her eyes. What a day...

After having the quiet conversation with Jacen, Quorra decided to turn around and walk towards the direction of where the noise came from. She sighed and wondered how Jacen could have sensed her. Maybe it was from being captured by the Vong or something else? She didn't know. She had to beg him not to tell anyone once she saw him again.

One thing was for sure... she had to tell her friends her secret soon. Ziv and the Kaleesh knew. Now Jacen! She felt that it was time to tell the truth or her friends would never trust her again. And Quorra didn't want that. She loved the Jedi and their allies very much.

Finally, she came across Anakin and smiled quietly. "Hey. Um... Everything okay?" The young man smiled and nodded. "Yeah. Everything's good. Say, did you come across Jacen by any chance?" The young singer rubbed her neck quietly and cleared her throat. "I... thought I saw his silhouette. Must have been an optical illusion." That was half the truth. How could he move so quickly when she glanced towards the direction of the noise and back at him? Jedi were full of mysteries. Quorra then spotted Zekk and had a surprised look with rosy cheeks. "Oh! Hey Zekk."

;)

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Zekk and Tahiri encountering Quorra in the Clearing

Zekk grinned at Quorra's greeting. "Hi! I was worried about you ... crazy thing just happened! The guy we nabbed had a detonator that was remotely triggered to ka-boom! Now we're gonna go scout out the ones who 'hired' him."

Tahiri was drawing nearer to their conversational huddle.

IC: Tahiri Joins Zekk and Quorra

Tahiri frowned. She sensed a tumult of emotions from Quorra, and not just at the tail end of what she'd caught of Zekk's relating of what had just occurred with Jak.

She probed with the Force and then with her 'Vong-sense, which she didn't like to use, and gasped. Quorra had the Yuuzhan Vong telltales ... but Tahiri didn't feel she was a villain, even in disguise. She liked her already, and knew Zekk certainly did.

She approached them with a warm smile. "Hello Quorra. All this action is making me hungry! Care to join me on the Jade Shadow for a snack?" She hoped Quorra would relax in the privacy of the Shadow and over a tasty treat and share whatever she felt comfortable doing.

@SkywalkerShine

25. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    After putting another 100 meters or so of forest between he and Quorra, Jacen stopped to get his bearings. He still wasn't sure what to make of his new friend...it should not be possible to be able to sense her in the Force, yet he could. How? It probably had something to do with her background...whatever that happened to be. Jacen wasn't sure when her first album came out, but it had to be a couple of years ago...which meant that she'd been hiding in plain sight for at least that long. That feat alone was worth some admiration: she'd have to keep re-growing masquers, or at least modify the one (or more than one) so that she appeared to age properly, she'd had to fully embrace human emotions and mannerisms, and she'd had to have been on her guard the entire time. Jacen, for one, would really like to hear the tale of how she managed.

Not for the first time, he wished Vergere was still alive to ask about Quorra. He doubted that his former mentor would know the answer, but she'd at least have an opinion. He dismissed the idea of asking Uncle Luke as quickly as the idea came: it would just increase suspicions, and Jacen wasn't really sure if there was anything to be suspicious about...Quorra had been roaming around on her own for a couple of years and it seemed unlikely that she would wait until now to spring an attack.

With a grunt, Jacen rose from his knees and quietly moved in the direction of the other Vong...who still had not moved from his previous position. As he did, he decided to talk to Tahiri about their friend...she'd be the only other one to really understand Quorra.

After making cautious progress to his goal, Jacen spied a bedraggled Kaleeshi as he sweeped a small clearing. Apparently the slave Quorra had mentioned, cleaning for his master who was still in the dwelling. Taking a page from his father's 'when-in-doubt-improvise' book, Jacen slung the carbine over his shoulder and stepped into the small clearing.

<I seek the master of the house.> Jacen called, authoritatively.

@Kaleesh-Cyborg; @SkywalkerShine; @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Last edited: May 29, 2018