main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Greetings, Guest

The Fall 2019 RPF Awards is in the voting phase over in the Resource Forum.

Be sure to swing by, view the nominees and cast your vote (via PM) before the 26th November.

Star Wars Rise of the Next Generation: NJO AU

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by SkywalkerShine, May 2, 2018.

1. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: Quorra Flanigan
    Inside the Burning Light, Zonama Sekot

Quorra smiled warmly and gazed down timidly. Seeing Zekk smile and chuckle made the young singer blush even more. If only there was a way to tell him how she felt about him. But how could a Jedi, let alone a Human, love a Yuuzhan Vong? Especially after what her people have done. Maybe if she proved herself as a friend, Zekk and the others would probably accept her after. Hopefully...

The Burning Light was now ready to travel to Naboo. "Oh! Looks like Jacen and Danni closed the ship. Please tell the others to strap in. We're heading to Naboo," Quorra told Zekk with an excited smile.

She operated the controls and got the ship to hover above the ground. "Burning Light to Jade Shadow. This is Quorra speaking. We're on our way to Naboo. Let us know by holoprojector that you'll be heading towards Chandrila from Tatooine. Burning Light out."

After that, the VCX-100 light freighter flew off into space.

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    Khalia Octa likes this.
  2. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    OCC: This is a new chapter, where the Burning Light is heading towards Naboo and the Jade Shadow is heading towards Tatooine.

Aboard the Burning Light, Space

After connecting with the broker on Tatooine that someone wanted to talk to them, the young woman decided to play some music. While the Burning Light was automatically flying through space, Quorra was in her room by herself while playing a soft tone on her quetarra. She had this instrument from her teenage years and loved it very much. It reminded her of her father, who would play the quetarra in his basement. It was a way to calm the spirit and escape into another world...

Flashback

A fifteen-year-old Quorra was sitting beside her father, Marko Flanigan, who was quietly playing his quetarra. The blonde man with with green eyes had a calm and welcoming spirit about him. Something Quorra never experienced as a slave to the Yuuzhan Vong. Marko's composure had no stiffness or worry. He was just one with the music, which filled the basement with peace.

After he got through playing, Quorra smiled happily and clapped. "That was amazing, dad! How do you play so well?" The middle-aged man chuckled heartily while placing the string instrument down on his lap. "Well, kiddo... I just use my heart and ears to listen to the sound of music. But most of all... I use the Force to guide me."

What Quorra didn't know was that Marko was Force-sentive. He use to train at Luke Skywalker's academy a bit but decided to leave, due to wanting to live in peace with his wife Analla. His brief master was Tionne, a scholar of Jedi history and student of Luke Skywalker. She also played music, which Marko could relate to.

The teenage girl tilted her head with confusion. "The Force? What's that?"

"Ah. Let's see... The Force is an energy field created by all living things. It's what keeps the galaxy together. You see, Quorra, the Force connects us. You. Me. And music. For example: when we play music from the heart and mind, we feel more connected. Music, just like the Force, brings us together."

Upon hearing this, Quorra was amazed. The Force sounded like an amazing concept. But how could she feel it? She was a Yuuzhan Vong who couldn't feel connected to anything, let alone the Force. Gazing down at the floor with a sad expression, Quorra sighed. "I wish I could learn the Force. I really want to be connected with every living thing in the galaxy."

Marko stared sadly at the saddened Quorra. If he had the power to give her the Force, he would. But sadly, he had no such power. Instead, he could only give her words of encouragement. Lifting her chin up with a gentle hand and index finger, Marko smiled at his adopted daughter. "You already are. Even though the Force isn't present, you are still connected with the galaxy. Always remember: Peace. Strength. And love."

Quorra smiled up at him with tearful eyes and hugged him. "Thanks dad..."

Present Day

Back inside her room aboard the Burning Light, Quorra smiled sadly while holding her quetarra close. "Thanks mom and dad..." Placing the string instrument down beside her chair, the young woman bowed her head sadly and sobbed quietly, wishing her parents were still alive...

TAG: @SiouxFan

IC: Anakin Solo
    Aboard the Jade Shadow, Space

While Jaina was piloting the ship, Anakin was sitting in the co-pilot seat beside his older sibling. He smiled at Tahiri and Rhea, saying, "Never thought we'd end up as detectives." Then he glanced at his sister with a chuckle. "Jedi detectives. Who would've thought?"

TAG: @SiouxFan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Khalia Octa

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Zekk about to depart on the Burning Light

Zekk headed out to tell the other passengers to strap in, as Quorra requested. He found her warmth and genuineness refreshing. When all this adventuring settled, if it ever did, he'd like a chance to get to know her better ... Although you can tell a lot about a person in the midst of action and crisis, it wasn't that conducive to ... hmm. Maybe it was, given the history of the Skywalkers and Solos... the rule rather than the exception

IC: Tahiri on the Shadow en route

Jedi detectives ... Tahiri laughed and glanced at Rhea. "Don't mind these crazy snarky Solos. You'll get used to their quirky sense of humor, eventually."

@SkywalkerShine & @Khalia Octa & @SiouxFan

Khalia Octa and SkywalkerShine like this.
  4. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Aboard the Jade Shadow, leaving orbit above Zonama Sekot--

Jedi detectives. Who would've thought?

Jaina only chuckled at Anakin's comment as she changed course to avoid a large chunk of what used to be a Vong frigate. "Master Horn would have something to say about that." She commented wryly, earning a chagrined look from her brother. Anakin, clearly, had forgotten that Corran was CorSec before he became a Jedi. "Besides, being a detective beats being a desert hermit any day."

She had to change course again to avoid more flotsam. Taking a quick look around, she was amazed and depressed at the amount of debris that was in orbit over Zonama and Coruscant. She shook her head at the amount of work it was going to take to clear the debris. Months, probably. Years, possibly. And that does not even count the work needed to make Coruscant 'habitable' again.

She took a quick look at her radar display and did not see any other debris nearby. After confirming this with a look outside, she nodded to Anakin, "I think we're clear of the mess. Contact Fleet control and let them know we're clear."

"Roger." He replied, more or less following proper cockpit protocol, before keying the mic and relaying the information.

Control copies. Cleared on course. Came the reply.

"Jade Shadow, cleared on course." Anakin replied, confirming Control's last instructions. "Everyone buckled in?" He asked over his shoulder.

After getting confirmation from Tahiri and Rhea that they were ready, Jaina made a final check of her restraint out of habit. "Here we go." She announced, pushing the hyperdrive levers forward. The stars outside elongated and were gone.

Don't mind these crazy snarky Solos. You'll get used to their quirky sense of humor, eventually.

Jaina frowned a bit at Tahiri's comment. It sounded as if Tahiri did not know Rhea at all. Jaina only vaguely remembered Rhea from the academy, but the blonde woman would have been in Tahiri's class, right? Should not her and Anakin remember more about her?

"So Rhea..." Jaina asked, trying to sound low-key, "....you'll have to refresh my memory...were you in Anakin's class?"
    @Khalia Octa

Aboard the Burning Light--

Jacen woke up when he heard the thump of a door closing. Blinking his eyes to clear them, he took a look around and saw that one of the cabin doors was now closed...that must have been what woke him. Checking his chrono, he saw that they had left Zonama about fifteen minutes ago. Not as long a nap as he had hoped, but better than nothing.

Sensing he was awake, his stomach immediately started to growl. Frowning at the noise, Jacen took a look to his right hoping that it had not woken Danni and was relieved to see that she was still out, her head resting on his shoulder and her feet curled up underneath as they sat on one of the Light's couches. Smiling, he slowly got himself up, gently lowering Danni's head to the couch as he did. "Sorry," he whispered, "I'm going to make some dinner."

Danni only gave him a quiet grunt in reply.

After making his way to the galley, he started to search for something to make for everyone. As he did, music started to come from the closed cabin. Ah, he thought, Quorra is practicing. Unconsciously, Jacen started to sway in time with the music as he found stew and vegetables in the computer menu. Although he had the musical ability of one of the crystal snakes he used to keep on Yavin, Jacen always liked listening to it. As he heated the stew and vegetables, he resolved to learn to play an instrument.

Dinner preparation complete, he looked over at Danni and found her still sound asleep. Shaking his head, he stuck his head in the cockpit and saw that Zekk, too, was also conked out. Just Quorra and I, I guess.

Jacen knocked on Quorra's door and stuck his head in, "Hey, I've just heated up some...." he stopped when a clearly surprised Quorra looked at him with tear-stained eyes. Chagrined, he started to close the door. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have barged in. Everything okay?" He asked concernedly through the small crack in the door.

@SkywalkerShine

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  5. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Bringer of Truth to EUC/TPM AnniversaryBannerFinal star 5 VIP - Game Host

Jun 23, 2018
    IC: Rhea Zurian
    Aboard the Jade Shadow

"Don't mind these crazy snarky Solos. You'll get used to their quirky sense of humour, eventually." Tahiri commented, looking Rhea's way. The white-haired woman glanced back at her, a confused smile played on her lips. She'd seen the Solos around the Academy frequently on Yavin Four and wondered why Tahiri didn't remember her.

Jaina, seeming confused as well, frowned slightly, leaning back in the pilot's chair. "So Rhea...you'll have to refresh my memory...were you in Anakin's class?"

Rhea, sitting comfortably in her own chair, folded her arms across her chest. "I...I think so? It's all a bit of a blur before I left the Academy. All I really remember is the people who were there. We're about the same age, right? So I guess I would have been."

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @SiouxFan
    OOC: Didn't really have much else to say! Hopefully that's all good ;)

SkywalkerShine likes this.
  6. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Aboard the Burning Light

The surprised young woman wiped her tears and sniffled a bit. "No, no. You're fine. Um... Actually... I wanted to speak with you. About earlier." Quorra got up and gestured her hand towards her swivel chair. "Please. Feel free to take a seat," she quietly said and sat on her bed. Placing her quetarra beside her, Quorra sat cross-legged on her bed and sighed.

"I wanted to tell you about me being a Shamed One. I... I didn't want anyone to know. I'm not like my people. And I don't intend to be." Quorra's saddened eyes gazed down at the floor as she held herself, afraid that Jacen wouldn't think of her as a friend anymore.

TAG: @SiouxFan

NPC: Anakin Solo

Aboard the Jade Shadow

"Don't mind these crazy snarky Solos. You'll get used to their quirky sense of humor, eventually."

Anakin grinned at Tahiri and crossed his arms, not paying attention to the fact that she and he had vivid memory of Rhea. Tahiri was one of the people that always brightened Anakin's day. He was truly grateful to have her around after all they have went through. If he died on the Myrkr mission... what would've been the outcome? Perhaps in another universe, he didn't make it...

Then he heard Jaina ask Rhea about being at the former academy on Yavin 4.

"So Rhea..." Jaina asked, trying to sound low-key, "....you'll have to refresh my memory...were you in Anakin's class?"

"I...I think so? It's all a bit of a blur before I left the Academy. All I really remember is the people who were there. We're about the same age, right? So I guess I would have been."

Anakin smiled reassuringly at Rhea and chuckled. "Hey, it's alright. A lot went on at the academy and a lot of people came. So don't feel bad." Deep down, he did his best to remember. Maybe she was in one of his classes and didn't pay much attention. Either way, Anakin wanted to change the subject and not talk about Yavin 4. Especially after what the Yuuzhan Vong had done...

"So um... What do you like to do, Rhea?" Anakin asked with a smile.

TAG:
    @SiouxFan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Khalia Octa

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC Tahiri on the Shadow

Tahiri glanced closer at Rhea. She did look somewhat familiar. Her memories sometimes were a bit scrambled, due to the attempted shaping she had undergone. Yavin 4 was a very bittersweet mention, full of good and sad undercurrents. She sensed this same tenor of mood from Anakin and was glad for the change in subject.

Tahiri thought of the upcoming mission and hoped it would go smoothly. Her stomach rumbled...

"Hey, Jaina, everyone, I feel like it's been ages since we had anything to eat! Want me to see what we can make in a hurry? Something more tasty than ration bars, I'll bet!"

@SkywalkerShine @SiouxFan & @Khalia Octa

8. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Aboard the Jade Shadow

So um... What do you like to do, Rhea?

Jaina frowned a bit at Anakin changing the subject. Didn't anyone else think it suspicious that they got attacked by some group at the same time two other people they either didn't know, or could only vaguely remember, showed up? Jaina opened her mouth to comment, but immediately closed it. Maybe she'd spent too much time being a goddess, or maybe she'd spent too much time around Tenel Ka, or maybe it was just having to fight a war for the last 4 years. Whatever it was, it had left her jaded and skeptical. At least Anakin had kept his optimism.

Hey, Jaina, everyone, I feel like it's been ages since we had anything to eat! Want me to see what we can make in a hurry? Something more tasty than ration bars, I'll bet!

Jaina's stomach rumbled at the mention of food. "You're not kidding! Let's go see what we can rustle up in the galley."

Quora's room, Burning Light

I wanted to tell you about me being a Shamed One. I... I didn't want anyone to know. I'm not like my people. And I don't intend to be.

Jacen stared at the musician for a long moment and his heart went out to the young woman...er, Vong. "You're secret is safe with me." He shrugged, "Well, for now. Tahiri is going to pick up on before too long...she was shaped, too, and will probably figure it out."

He took the offered seat, "I've got a zillion questions for you about this, but first: Are you hungry? Every one else is out cold, and Zekk can sleep through an orbital bombardment." He paused and thought for a second before smiling, "In fact, I think he has. Let's talk over stew."

@SkywalkerShine; @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha; @Khalia Octa

A/N: Sorry, it's a bit short, but I wanted to get started with Jacen and Quorra.

9. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Bringer of Truth to EUC/TPM AnniversaryBannerFinal star 5 VIP - Game Host

Jun 23, 2018
    Aboard the Jade Shadow

"So um... What do you like to do, Rhea?" Hearing Anakin's question, she sighed with relief inwardly. Rhea didn't particularly want to be discussing her past right now.

"Well, I really like flying, any ship, I don't mind, it's just being up there is what I love. Combat's my thing too, it's how I relax and clear my mind." she winked in his direction. That was enough, Rhea figured, she wasn't going to mention everything about herself yet, not until she felt comfortable around them.

Tahiri's voice sounded in the cockpit."Hey, Jaina, everyone, I feel like it's been ages since we had anything to eat! Want me to see what we can make in a hurry? Something more tasty than ration bars, I'll bet!"

Rhea smiled at her remarks, "Can I come help too?"

TAG: @SiouxFan; @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha; @SkywalkerShine
    OOC: If you're wondering, I just used colours so that it's easier to distinguish different characters ;)

10. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    OOC: It's alright, @SiouxFan. As long as it's five sentences or more, you're fine. And yes, let's get this thing going with Jacen and Quorra! :) Thank you, @Khalia Octa. This actually really helps. :D

Aboard the Burning Light

As Quorra kept her head down in thought, she heard both comforting and curious words from Jacen. "You're secret is safe with me." He shrugged, "Well, for now. Tahiri is going to pick up on before too long...she was shaped, too, and will probably figure it out."

The young woman glanced up at Jacen with eyes filled with awe. It was very relieving that a Jedi understood what she was going through. Thankfully, Jacen didn't despise her because of what the Yuuzhan Vong had done. What really startled her was the fact that Tahiri was shaped. Maybe that's what that symbol on her forehead represented. But Tahiri seemed so upbeat despite all that she had gone through. Perhaps it was for the best, now that the war was over.

"Thank you, Jacen," Quorra said with a serene smile and nod.

Jacen was right though. Quorra felt that she had to tell Tahiri and the others sooner or they wouldn't trust her. Then she heard the young man speak again. "I've got a zillion questions for you about this, but first: Are you hungry? Every one else is out cold, and Zekk can sleep through an orbital bombardment." He paused and thought for a second before smiling, "In fact, I think he has. Let's talk over stew."

Quorra smiled happily and chuckled, hearing about Zekk being a heavy sleeper. She also did her best not to blush in front of Jacen. For a bunch of Jedi, Jacen, Zekk, and the others were pretty funny. Jaina, however, was different. Something about her made Quorra feel nervous. Jaina wasn't a bad person though. Just the type to be very serious and observant. It was going to be tough telling Jaina her secret...

"Okay! Sounds good." Quorra got up from her bed, leaving her quetarra on it. She walked out the door and waited for Jacen with a warm smile.

TAG:
    @SiouxFan

Aboard the Jade Shadow

Anakin felt his older sister frown at him but maintained a smile on his face. He felt the same way she did. The sudden attack, random people showing up, and the war. What really got to him was being near death and seriously wounded after that mission. And almost losing Jacen to the Vong. This almost made Jaina fall to the dark side. But thankfully, she pulled back to the light.

"Well, I really like flying, any ship, I don't mind, it's just being up there is what I love. Combat's my thing too, it's how I relax and clear my mind."

Anakin smiled happily at Rhea's answer. This girl was definitely a great addition to their investigation. "That's pretty cool. We're glad to have you on-board. You'll get use to being in this group," he said with a hearty chuckle and wink.

"Hey, Jaina, everyone, I feel like it's been ages since we had anything to eat! Want me to see what we can make in a hurry? Something more tasty than ration bars, I'll bet!" Tahiri said.

Jaina agreed with her. "You're not kidding! Let's go see what we can rustle up in the galley."

Anakin smiled, seeing that the girls wanted to whip up something in the galley. "Okay! I'm game."

TAG:

11. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Jaina, aboard the Jade Shadow

Well, I really like flying, any ship, I don't mind, it's just being up there is what I love. Combat's my thing too, it's how I relax and clear my mind.

Jaina nodded at the first part of Rhea's comment. Finally, another woman she knew who liked to fly. Tahiri was a decent enough of a pilot, but she was a bit like Jacen...pretty good at it, but did not really relish the chance to do it. It was the second part of Rhea's comment that drew Jaina up short. Who is able to relax in combat?

As they left the cockpit, her and Tahiri shared a look, clearly less than impressed with Rhea's cavalier look at combat. Oddly, it was almost the same look the two had shared when listening to Nala earlier...a look of bemused disbelief. Jaina knew she was a really good fighter pilot...but she was never able to relax doing it. Either she was doing it wrong, or Rhea did not know what true combat was. Shaking her head, Jaina followed Tahiri into the galley.

That's pretty cool. We're glad to have you on-board. You'll get use to being in this group.

Jaina was not sure if Tahiri had seen Anakin's wink, but she was pretty sure she'd have to talk to her brother about flirting with the 'new girl'. First Jacen, now Anakin. Boys, she thought, smiling.

"Aunt Mara always likes spicy stuff, so let's see if there are any ribenes in the processor." Jaina commented.

Jacen: Burning Light

Okay! Sounds good.

Jacen smiled at Quora's chipper-ness and followed back into the galley. Pulling out a couple of bowls, he handed them to Quora who ladled some stew into each. After grabbing a couple of drinks from the cooler, and spoons from a drawer, Jacen nodded over at the small eating area opposite the galley.

After sitting down, Jacen took a drink of his fizzade and looked over at Quora. "So....what brings a girl like you to a place like this?" He smiled when she laughed and tried not to spit our her drink.

After a moment, Jacen took a bite, trying to decide which of his million questions to ask first. He did not want to offend his friend, but he was curious how she'd managed to stay hidden for so long. "How did you escape the worldship? And how do you keep the masquer going? You escaped quite a while ago, right?"

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha; @Khalia Octa; @SkywalkerShine

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Tahiri on Jade's Shadow

Tahiri shared a look with Jaina after hearing Rhea's comments about flying and combat. How could you relax? Maybe it was the adrenaline rush followed by the slow-down afterwards that led to a relaxed frame of mind? Lightsaber sparring had that effect for some students. Not for her, however. Relaxing in a glade with a picnic lunch was more to Tahiri's tastes.

Anakin teased Rhea, as they exited to the galley area. Anakin had his father's easy manner even with new acquaintances; they'd come away feeling like they'd known father or son for years instead of mere minutes.

Jaina suggested looking for ribenes, and Tahiri produced them triumphantly.

Tahiri also found a berry pie & sauted mushrooms.

@SkywalkerShine ; @SiouxFan ; @Khalia Octa

13. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Aboard the Burning Light

As the two sat down and began to enjoy the stew and drinks, Jacen began to joke about her 'being in a place like this'. She almost spat her drink out by his jokes as Quorra covered her mouth. After she quickly drank the beverage, the young woman cleared her throat and chuckled. Then came the serious moment.

"How did you escape the worldship? And how do you keep the masquer going? You escaped quite a while ago, right?"

It was time. It was time to tell one of her friends the truth. Jacen was the first to know of her story, minus her mother and father. Quorra gazed up at the ceiling and sighed. "Oh boy. Those are tough questions..." She gathered her composure and stared at Jacen with a serious look.

"It happened a long time ago, when I was about 12 to 13-years-old. I um..." She paused, closing her brown eyes and recalling the horrible times she had as a Shamed One. Clearing her throat, she continued. "I was helped by this old Yuuzhan Vong warrior named Vias. Old school guy. Secretly, he believed that our people were once peaceful. How he theorized this, I don't know.

One day, while a religious ceremony was going on, Vias had woke me up and took me away as a 'prisoner'. In reality, this was a good opportunity to get away from that horrible life. Once we got to one of the Slayer ships, we had the doors to the cargo hold entrance locked. Vias had made me wear the masquer to become Human and disguise myself. The masquer can be modified by rubbing my face to appear older. I do have some masquer on standby, but just a limited amount."

Quorra gazed down at the table with a sincere look. "Vias was like no other Yuuzhan Vong. Though he was tough, he believed there was more to life. I don't know what he saw in me though. Potential? I dunno..." The young woman took a swig of her fizzade and placed it down with a relieved breath. "Maybe it was because I was a dreamer. Like him."

TAG:
    @SiouxFan

Aboard the Jade Shadow

Anakin smiled at Jaina's suggestion with a nod. "Yeah! Anything we make, I'll eat. I am staaaarving!" After they all made it into the galley, Anakin smiled at Tahiri and decided to give her a peck on the cheek. He didn't want her to feel jealous or anything when he spoke to Rhea. Tahiri truly mattered to him and he loved her with all his heart.

"I'll get the drinks," the young man announced and walked towards the cooler.

Aboard the Jade Shadow

Rhea followed the others with a quiet smile and wanted to keep to herself. This group was pretty okay but still, Rhea wanted to be independent for now. Perhaps she would get to the know the others along the journey. Who knew?

"Anything I can help with?" the white-haired woman asked the trio, crossing her arms and smiling softly while leaning her back against the wall.

TAG:
    @SiouxFan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @SkywalkerShine

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    Khalia Octa likes this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Tahiri with the others on Jade's Shadow

Tahiri smiled at Anakin whose love wahsed over her in a gentle wave as he entered with Rhea. She had always been confident of his unwavering friendship, and now also of his affection for her.
    As he moved to get drinks, she said: "Something fruity or chocolatey for me, please."

She glanced over at Rhea who was standing to the side and offered to help. "Could you please heath these ribenes while I tend to the mushrooms? The pie can be heated or not." She winked.

@SkywalkerShine ; @SiouxFan

15. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Aboard the Burning Light:

Secretly, he believed that our people were once peaceful.

Jacen nodded at this. He found it impossible to believe that the Vong could have always been such a war-like culture. At some point, societies like that ran out of enemies to over-run. Of course, what he knew of Vong history was pretty limited, and consisted mostly of them realizing that their galaxy was dying and needing somewhere to go.

Vias was like no other Yuuzhan Vong. Though he was tough, he believed there was more to life. I don't know what he saw in me though. Potential? I dunno...Maybe it was because I was a dreamer. Like him.

Quorra's comment brought a smile to Jacen's face. He also considered himself a dreamer, and was often made fun of for such frivolities.

"I know what that is like. My brother always thought I spent too much time planning events, and not enough time actually doing." His smile fell, "Of course, his doing got me captured and tortured, so maybe a little more planning would have been useful." He saw the quizzical look on Quorra's face. "Ah, you haven't heard of the Myrkr mission?"

Quorra shook her head in reply. Jacen sighed, "Perhaps that's for the best. Not our finest hour...got a lot of good people killed. For a questionable goal." He pulled up his shirt, "And I got to experience your 'Embrace of Pain.'" Jacen lowered his shirt. "Don't get me wrong, I love my brother immensely. But we didn't have enough intel on the situation." He nodded at Danni, "You'll have to ask her about it sometime. From what she's told me, she about shouted herself hoarse at Master Skywalker to get him to delay our mission." Jacen sighed again, lost in memories long ago.

Finally, after a couple of moments, he looked back at Quora and asked quietly, "How long were two you on the run before you met your 'folks'? And what happened to Vias?" Quorra opened her mouth to answer, but Jacen pressed on, having one more question: "And what do you plan on doing when the masquer's start dying?"

@SkywalkerShine

Aboard Jade Shadow

As Jaina munched on her ribene, she nodded her thanks at Anakin when he gave her a Corellian ale. Apparently, he had found Mara's reserve stash. She still was not sure what to make of Rhea. She seemed nice enough, but her answers always seemed a bit vague. If Rhea was going to be on their 'squad', Jaina needed to know if she could trust the other woman. Because she was a Solo, things were bound to get ugly on this mission. And when things get ugly, she needed to know if Rhea was up to the task.

"Pardon me for being blunt, Rhea...." she asked in what Jacen called her 'Goddess' voice, "...but what were you doing for Mandalore while the rest of us were up to our necks in Vong?"

@Khalia Octa

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @SithOverlord101

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  16. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Aboard the Burning Light

"I know what that is like. My brother always thought I spent too much time planning events, and not enough time actually doing. Of course, his doing got me captured and tortured, so maybe a little more planning would have been useful."

Quorra gazed at Jacen with a quizzical look. The Myrkr mission? Didn't sound too good; the way Jacen put it.

"Ah, you haven't heard of the Myrkr mission?"

The young woman shook her head, sitting up straight and trying to piece together where Jacen was going with this. But when he pulled up his shirt, Quorra gasped softly in pity and shock, covering her mouth with her right hand.

"Perhaps that's for the best. Not our finest hour...got a lot of good people killed. For a questionable goal. And I got to experience your 'Embrace of Pain.'"

Quorra bowed her head sadly at the table, clearly speechless. What was there to say? This young man, who have gone through a lot, experienced that despicable machine the Yuuzhan Vong had used. She always hated that thing...

"Don't get me wrong, I love my brother immensely. But we didn't have enough intel on the situation. You'll have to ask her about it sometime. From what she's told me, she about shouted herself hoarse at Master Skywalker to get him to delay our mission."

After he spoke about Danni opposing the idea about Jacen and the others going on that unthinkable mission, the young singer nodded. "I understand..." was all that Quorra could say. She kept her head down in thought and sympathy.

"How long were two you on the run before you met your 'folks'? And what happened to Vias?"

Before Quorra could answer, Jacen asked one more question. However, this particular question gave her a knot in the stomach. Unlike the radio and podcast interviews she partook for fans, these questions were more personal. But deep down, Quorra had to stay calm and know that she was among friends. The question that had her feel some type of way was:

"And what do you plan on doing when the masquer's start dying?"

Quorra closed her eyes and breathed calmly before she could answer. Then she mustered up the courage to speak. "I can't remember. It must have took me... days or so to come to Dantooine. I can't remember. I think I was in stasis at the time due to the vehicle I was in. When I crash landed on the planet near my parents' home, I was rescued. That's when I met my adoptive parents, Marko and Analla Flanigan."

She continued with a remorseful look. "As for Vias, I'm not entirely sure. I just only hope that he's okay. He stayed behind so that I could escaped. I wish I could've repaid him. He was one heck of a Yuuzhan Vong warrior." Then came the last question. This made tears well up in her eyes.

"If the masquer dies off... I don't know. People will see the real me. That ugly beast. After what the Vong had done, I might as well disappear! I just... I just want to be human." Quorra glanced up at Jacen with tearful eyes. "I just want others to accept me, Human or not! I just want Zekk to... to..." At that moment, Quorra sobbed quietly, knowing full well that Zekk wouldn't love a monster like her.

[​IMG]

TAG:
    @SiouxFan @SithOverlord101

Aboard the Jade Shadow

"Something fruity or chocolatey for me, please."

Anakin chuckled mischievously. "And for me too." He stood beside Tahiri, playfully smiling at her after giving the Corellian ale to Jaina and the others.

Then he heard Jaina speak.

"Pardon me for being blunt, Rhea...." she asked in what Jacen called her 'Goddess' voice, "...but what were you doing for Mandalore while the rest of us were up to our necks in Vong?"

The way she spoke kind of made him nervous. Sure, she was the usual observant and tough type. But ever since the war ended with the Vong, Jaina was somewhat different. She was more careful and distrusting of others. Anakin both understood and worried about this. The young man glanced at Rhea, hoping she wouldn't take this personally.

TAG: @SiouxFan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Khalia Octa

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Tahiri on the Jade Shadow

Tahiri took a long sip of her beverage and frowned at Jaina's questioning of Rhea.

Usually, the Solos balanced each other out and made a superb team: Jacen planned; Anakin did what needed doing; and Jaina asked the hard questions, even of herself.

Tahiri hoped though that Jaina would learn again to ease up and not be on such high and constant alert.

She cast a look at Anakin as if to say: Should we run interference?

Rhea didn't owe them anything and if she took offense that wouldn't make their mission any smoother. Quite the opposite.

@SkywalkerShine ; @SiouxFan ; @Khalia Octa

18. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    Aboard Jade Shadow

Offering the last of the heated ribenes to the group, Rhea munched on one herself. She turned down the offer of Corellian Ale from Anakin, wondering how there wasn't some law about drinking and flying. She shrugged and grabbed herself some caf instead.

"Pardon me for being blunt, Rhea...but what were you doing for Mandalore while the rest of us were up to our necks in Vong?" Rhea turned to face Jaina, placing her mug down on the bench. There was a slight edge to her voice, Rhea wasn't going to get out of this without explaining herself.

Rhea sighed, "You're probably thinking I'm untrustworthy, huh? Sorry, I guess I should have just explained it beforehand." She smiled slightly at the group and continued.
    "I left the Jedi because I wasn't really myself, my mindset at the time was bad and I needed to get away from the war, away from the Jedi, away from rules and regulations and work out who I am. If I fought the Vong, who knows what would have happened. I talked to Master Skywalker about it, for some reason he was okay with it, didn't reason much with me, just asked a few questions. Maybe he sensed the turmoil in me? I'm not sure, but he asked me if I'd ever rejoin the Order. I said possibly, it would depend on well I felt after my "war vacation", but maybe. I didn't want to give up the hope of returning to the Jedi, they were the loving family I didn't really have.
    In Mandalore I spent most of my time meditating, slowly finding my balance, my centre, and working out my purpose in the war. It took a while, but it worked. And here I am."

The woman sipped the last dregs of her caf then added, "I'd be happy to talk with anyone who wants to know more, but I don't want to waste your time." She smiled again and went to clean off her mug.

TAG: @SkywalkerShine, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @SiouxFan
    OOC, I hadn't fully planned out what she was doing then, so hopefully this makes sense ;)

19. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Aboard the Jade Shadow

After watching Rhea head back to the galley, Anakin frowned at his sister. "Was that really necessary? Rhea is trying to help."

Jaina glared at Anakin and Tahiri for a long moment. "We don't know who Rhea is. She says she went to the Academy, but none of us seem to have any memories of her there." She addressed Tahiri, "She was even in your grade, and you don't remember her either."

For a long moment, the other two pondered this fact before Jaina continued, "I just don't know if I believe this '...finding my balance....' story."

Anakin let out a snort. "Oh, come on. Jacen went on and on about '...needing to find my place.'"

The instant his words left his lips, Anakin realized he should not have said anything about their brother. In Jaina's eyes, Anakin had gotten her brother killed. Sure, Jacen had only been a POW and had returned to the 'living' a year later, but Jaina had felt her brother die and her life had taken a dark turn afterwards. Oddly, Jacen himself never blamed Anakin for the Myrkr plan, and had downplayed Anakin's heart-felt apology. War is hell, Jacen had replied at the time, humor in his voice, and life is random. Jaina, however, had not been able to shrug off the loss as easily--her twin had died, and Anakin had been the reason.

"That didn't stop him from fighting, though, did it?" Jaina replied, almost at a yell. "He didn't go hide off on some backwater planet to '...take a war vacation...'"

The intervening silence was almost deafening. Finally, Jaina slumped in the chair. "I'm sorry. I'm just tired of not knowing who to trust." She got up and made her way to the galley, "I'll apologize to Rhea."

Dining table, Burning Light

When I crash landed on the planet near my parents' home, I was rescued. That's when I met my adoptive parents, Marko and Analla Flanagan.

Jacen nodded. Her 'parents' sounded like a really interesting couple to get to know. Not very many people would have been willing to adopt a Yuuzhan Vong girl...not with them raining death and destruction on everyone.

I just... I just want to be human. I just want others to accept me, Human or not! I just want Zekk to... to...

Jacen reached across the table and took Quorra's hand, surprising the young woman. "Quorra," he said quietly, "...almost everyone I know is someone they don't want to be." He paused a second, and watched as Quorra wiped a tear from her eye. "I would sell my shirt to be a veterinarian at the Coruscant Zoo..." he shrugged, "...well, assuming it still existed."

Despite herself, Quorra chuckled quietly and Jacen smiled at the sound. Continuing, he nodded over at Danni, still sleeping on the couch, "Danni was quite happy being an astrophysicist on the edge of the known galaxy before she got 'drafted' by the Jedi. Zekk was content to be a freighter pilot. My sister would like nothing better than to go back to being the best mechanic anyone's ever seen, and my best friend would like to be anything other than the Chume'da of Hapes." He paused a minute to let that sink in and gently squeezed her hand. "We can only be what we are, Quorra."

He released her hand, but leaned forward. "I don't know what will happen between you and Zekk. Heck, I don't even know how the biology of how that would even work..." Quorra chuckled again. "...but Zekk is a lot tougher than you'd think. He can handle the truth."

@SkywalkerShine

Aboard the Jade Shadow

Jaina entered the small galley and leaned against the counter as she watched Rhea clean the few dishes. "I know you think I'm being a total bitch, but I've spent five years watching my friends die and not knowing who to trust." She took a deep breath, "I took it out on you, and I am sorry."

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha; @Khalia Octa; @SithOverlord101

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  20. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    Aboard Jade Shadow

Rhea continued washing up as she heard someone enter. It wasn't until she sensed who it was that she turned around. She listened to Jaina's words and took in the final "I took it out on you, and I am sorry.".
    With a long breath, she replied to the woman, "It's fine, don't feel bad about yourself, everyone has been through terrible things in the war, especially you." Rhea smiled softly at her weary face, sensing the dull sadness buried under her emotions, and hoping her words would comfort her.

TAG: @SiouxFan, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @SkywalkerShine, @SithOverlord101
    OOC: Didn't really know what else to say, so hope this is alright ;)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  21. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    OOC: It's alright, @Khalia Octa. And yep, you're doing a great job!

Aboard the Burning Light

"Quorra," he said quietly, "...almost everyone I know is someone they don't want to be. I would sell my shirt to be a veterinarian at the Coruscant Zoo..." he shrugged, "...well, assuming it still existed."

The young woman chuckled quietly while wiping the tears away. But the mention about Coruscant Zoo almost saddened her heart. Those blasted Yuuzhan Vongs... Why couldn't they leave Coruscant alone? Better yet, why couldn't they leave the galaxy alone?

"Danni was quite happy being an astrophysicist on the edge of the known galaxy before she got 'drafted' by the Jedi. Zekk was content to be a freighter pilot. My sister would like nothing better than to go back to being the best mechanic anyone's ever seen, and my best friend would like to be anything other than the Chume'da of Hapes."

It was great to hear that each of his family and friends wanted to be something. If only she could help everyone she cared for. Alas, life wasn't all rainbows and skipping bunnies.

He paused a minute to let that sink in and gently squeezed her hand. "We can only be what we are, Quorra."

We can only be what we are... Those words echoed within Quorra's mind thoughtfully. Maybe Jacen was right. She had to accept the fact that she was a Vong. But she would have to take time to accept that. Upon being adopted by the Flanigans (disguised as a Human when they first found her), Quorra learned how to love and have peace. But the one thing she would love to learn was the Force. Something that Marko briefly taught her about.

"I don't know what will happen between you and Zekk. Heck, I don't even know how the biology of how that would even work... but Zekk is a lot tougher than you'd think. He can handle the truth."

Quorra smiled and chuckled quietly, followed by a sniffle. "Yeah. I'm wondering that myself. But thank you, Jacen. If Zekk accepts me for who I am, I'll be happy. But if he doesn't... I'll remain happy. Thank you for this talk. I really needed to get this off my chest." She truly had a crush on Zekk and cared for him deeply. No matter what happens, Quorra would always be there for him.

The singer glanced down at her bowl of stew and chuckled, rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly. "Oh man... Your stew is cold now. Sorry..."

TAG:
    @SiouxFan @SithOverlord101

Aboard the Jade Shadow

Anakin tried to lighten the mood by speaking about Jacen and Rhea. Yes, his sister had every right to be suspicious about everyone after the war. But she could've been a little nicer to the new recruit. After mentioning about Jacen however, Jaina snapped at him.

"That didn't stop him from fighting, though, did it?" Jaina replied, almost at a yell. "He didn't go hide off on some backwater planet to '...take a war vacation...'"

At that moment, Anakin realized he shouldn't have even mentioned about Jacen or anything about his whereabouts. Deep down, he felt responsible for the death of his friends, his brother's well-being, and Jaina's near experience with the dark side. The young man bowed his head sadly, staying silent. Then he heard Jaina speak again.

"I'm sorry. I'm just tired of not knowing who to trust." She got up and made her way to the galley, "I'll apologize to Rhea."

After Jaina left, Anakin covered his eyes and tried to hide the tears. The shakiness in his voice was apparent. "It should have been me, Tahiri. I should have died that day. If we hadn't taken that stupid mission, Jacen and Jaina would've been okay. It should have been me..." Anakin always felt that he should have died that day. But why wouldn't the Force allow him to? Perhaps in an alternate universe, he was already one with the Force.

TAG:

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Tahiri with Anakin on the Shadow

Tahiri was glad Jaina had gone to apologize to Rhea; she was heart-sick at Jaina's admission about not knowing whom to trust. That was one of the subtle, near-invisible consequences of a long-running conflict.

Anakin then spoke about that Sith-spawned Myrkr mission ...

Tahiri had no doubt of Anakin's sincerity and it sent a shock wave through her. An icy chill, as well. Her eyes flashed, and her normally light and gentle tones were now cold as Hoth:

"That's a bunch of Bantha poodoo and you know it!" She exclaimed. "If we're tossing blame around, your Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara, as well as the oh-so-officious Master Durron should've known better. But we can second-guess ourselves from now until next Benduday and it won't change anything about the past, and don't you dare do something stupid-heroic on this mission we're on out of some misguided sense of noble sacrifice!"

TAGS:
    @SkywalkerShine
    @SiouxFan
    @Khalia Octa

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  23. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Jade Shadow

That's a bunch of Bantha poodoo and you know it! If we're tossing blame around, your Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara, as well as the oh-so-officious Master Durron should've known better. But we can second-guess ourselves from now until next Benduday and it won't change anything about the past, and don't you dare do something stupid-heroic on this mission we're on out of some misguided sense of noble sacrifice!

Despite himself, Anakin felt a little better as Tahiri's protectiveness kicked in. Smiling, he took her hand, "No, I'm not planning on doing to do something stupid or heroic." He shrugged, "Unless, of course, you do something stupid and I end up having to rescue you."

Ignoring Tahiri's angry look, he continued in a serious tone as he angrily wiped away a tear. "I appreciate the fact that you want to move on from what happened, but that mission was one I planned and one I led. I almost broke my family, and I need to remember so I don't do it again." As he said this, he realized one thing: that perhaps Jacen's introspection was not a bad thing. He smiled at the thought...the two of them were becoming more alike. He saw that Jacen was deliberating less about things, while he was trying to think things through a bit...more.

Galley -- Burning Light
    Yeah. I'm wondering that myself. But thank you, Jacen. If Zekk accepts me for who I am, I'll be happy. But if he doesn't... I'll remain happy. Thank you for this talk. I really needed to get this off my chest

Jacen smiled at the slightly younger woman. "No problem, that's what friends are for, right?" He squeezed her hand one last time, "And you'll find someone special...even if it's not Mr. Snoring Wonder in the cockpit."

Oh man... Your stew is cold now. Sorry...

"No biggie." Jacen shrugged as he said this. "It's probably better re-heated a second time." He motioned to her bowl, "Hand me yours and I'll pop them in the heater."

Galley -- Jade Shadow
    It's fine, don't feel bad about yourself, everyone has been through terrible things in the war, especially you.

"You have no idea." Jaina retorted, dead-pan.

In truth, she had not expected to live to see the end of the war, and had almost become numb to all of the things she had seen. Perhaps Rhea had the right idea when she had skipped out on the whole thing. Honestly, she had only been sixteen when the war started...surely no one would have complained if she had stayed in the background for a couple more years? She shook away the thought...she was an Organa-Solo, and neither side of her family had ever backed away to let someone else fight for them. Suddenly a warm feeling passed over her as she thought about her family. They all had done their best to protect those who could not protect themselves. For the first time, she was really proud of what she had done, of who she was.

Jaina leaned against the wall and looked at the silver-hair young woman for a long moment. She hoped that Rhea would not have to fight as much as she had.

"It got old." Jaina stated quietly, more to herself than anyone. "Watching friends die. It got really, really old. I'm glad you didn't have to go through it." Shaking away her memories, Jaina's voice rose to a normal level, "Anyway, thanks for volunteering to come along. I need help keeping those two..." she nodded down the hall towards Anakin and Tahiri, "....out of trouble."

@Khalia Octa; @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha; @SkywalkerShine; @SithOverlord101

24. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    Aboard Jade Shadow

She couldn't imagine what it would be like to live through such a terrible war, be in the front lines, and have so many of your friends die, but it was never your turn to go. She's right, I probably have no idea...

Rhea smiled at Jaina's attempts to lighten the mood, "It's fine. I've been enjoying my time with you all." She finished with the few dishes and stacked them beside the sink. "I'm going to head back to the others," As she said this, she turned to walk out, but gave Jaina a chance to follow if she wished to.

25. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Aboard the Burning Light

Once Jacen offered to heat her bowl of stew, Quorra smiled warmly and picked up her bowl. "Thank you."

She began to hand it to him with a thought in mind. Jacen was a caring young man it would seem. Quorra admired that. She only wondered what it would've been like to have adventures with him and the others when they were teenagers. But destiny had other things in mind for them.

Quorra smiled timidly while gazing down at the table. While in thought, she began to wonder if Zekk was doing alright. The last place she saw him at was the cockpit. She really wanted to share her new music with him and hoped that he would like it. Like Jacen said, they didn't know how the relationship would work out, once Zekk found out she was a Yuuzhan Vong. Would he love her? Who knows? Only the future held the answers...

TAG:
    @SiouxFan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @SithOverlord101

Aboard the Jade Shadow

The young man sighed and covered his eyes, bowing his head and resting his elbows on his laps. "I just want to make everything better..." He began to sob quietly, feeling that everything was his fault. Chewbacca, Jaina, Jacen... everyone he cared for was gone. Both physically and mentally. If only he had the power to make everything better. But he didn't...

The only thing that mattered was living a normal and peaceful life with Tahiri.

TAG: