main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Star Wars Rise of the Next Generation: NJO AU

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by SkywalkerShine, May 2, 2018.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Zekk on the Burning Light

Zekk stirred and stretched. That was one nice, refreshing nap! Now he was hungry. He heard the sound of voices from the galley & headed that way. He paused when he saw Jacen and Quorra.

"Hi there. That nap was just what I needed." He indicated the stew. "Any left for me?"

TAG for @SiouxFan & @SkywalkerShine

IC: Tahiri on the Shadow

Tahiri had said what she needed to say and she felt Anakin had heard her and appreciated the care and concern behind the words. Now it was up to him to move on and grow from the past, not stay stuck in it.

She sensed that things were smoothed out between the pilot, Rhea, and Jaina, and felt relieved. This would help them function well as a team, if nothing else.

TAG for @Khalia Octa & @SiouxFan

2. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Aboard the Light

Hi there. That nap was just what I needed. Any left for me?

"Yep." Jacen replied knowingly. "Just make sure you save some for Danni."

"Save some of what for Danni?" Came a female voice from the beyond the galley.

"Stew." Jacen replied loudly in the direction of the voice. "I was getting tired of military rations, so made a pot of stew."

Danni poked her head around the corner, "You made a stew?"

Jacen rolled his eyes and looked at Zekk. "Why does no one think I can cook?" Zekk only shrugged, his mouth full. Turning to look at the blonde, Jacen tried to act affronted, "Someone had to help Dad with dinner! Trust me, you do not want to eat whatever Jaina makes."

Zekk, his mouth still full, only coughed as he tried to hide a laugh. He'd eaten Jaina's 'cooking' more times than he cared to remember.

"I can only imagine." Danni replied, bonking him with her shoulder as she grabbed a bowl from the counter. "Smells good, whatever it is."

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha; @SkywalkerShine; @Khalia Octa

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    SkywalkerShine likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Zekk on the "Light"

Zekk grimaced as Jacen and Danni bantered and he recalled Jaina's attempts at cooking. "If I recall, 3PO was a better cook!" He said with an indulgent laugh. "Like Han, she's better at fixing things – making them go faster."

Zekk sat down next to Quorra. "Believe me, Quorra," He said, his green eyes full of mirth, "They had to be good at fixing things up because the Falcon was always acting up!"

TAGS for
    @SiouxFan ; @SkywalkerShine

4. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Aboard the Light
    Like Han, she's better at fixing things – making them go faster. Believe me, Quorra, they had to be good at fixing things up because the Falcon was always acting up

"Ugh." Jacen made a sound as he shook his head, "Damn thing is a pain in the butt....just once I'd like to take it somewhere and not have it breakdown en route."

Danni shot him a look, "For a fee, I'll make sure Han never hears about that."

Jacen grinned, "Deal." He addressed Quora, "How long is our flight to Naboo, anyway?"

Crew quarters, Jade Shadow

"Hey, Anakin..." Jaina started as she rounded the corner to where she had last seen her brother, "...I could go for a game of...." She broke off, seeing her brother's state. He looked a mess

"Everything okay? I am sorry about what I said."

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha; @Khalia Octa; @SkywalkerShine

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Tahiri on the Jade Shadow

Tahiri was glad that things were smoothed out with Rhea and appreciated Jaina's overtures, especially to Anakin as Jaina probed with deep concern if everything was okay and apologized for the earlier tension.

"Jaina," Tahiri said with a warm smile of gratitude, "I for one would welcome a game of dejarik or Force sabacc." She laughed. "No planets up for grabs this time." She said this to lighten the mood and also gave Anakin a pointed look.

He could either confide in his sister or join in the lighter mood. Everyone was still more or less trying to find their footing after such a long war. It was hard to feel "normal", but Tahiri was ready to start making "everyday" memories.

TAGGING
    @SiouxFan ; @Khalia Octa ; @SkywalkerShine

6. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: Quorra Flanigan
    Aboard the Burning Light

"Believe me, Quorra," He said, his green eyes full of mirth, "They had to be good at fixing things up because the Falcon was always acting up!"
    Zekk said.

Quorra smiled at the others as they spoke about cooking and the good old times. Seeing the others happy made the young woman happy as well. Whenever Zekk spoke, she would try her best to not blush. Quorra chuckled and continued to eat her stew.

"How long is our flight to Naboo, anyway?" Jacen asked.

Before Quorra could answer, the ship's transmitter beeped. "Actually, we're approaching Naboo right now. I'll go to the cockpit and take us out of hyperspace."

Putting down the spoon, Quorra ran towards the cockpit and sat down, strapping in. Once she used her controls to take them out of hyperspace, the planet Naboo could be seen ahead. The beautiful, greenish-blue planet was in view and The Burning Light would be through the atmosphere shortly.

TAG:
    @SiouxFan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @SithOverlord101

NPC: Anakin Solo

Aboard the Jade Shadow

"Everything okay? I am sorry about what I said."

Upon hearing his sister's voice, he glanced up with tearful eyes. He wiped his tears away and smiled quietly. He didn't want to be seen as weak in front of his loved ones. He wanted to stay strong for Tahiri and the others. But how? There was a little voice in him that kept nagging, saying, "This is all your fault..." Anakin tried to dismiss this negative voice but couldn't...

Putting on the best smile he could, he nodded. "I'm okay. And it's okay. You were right though. I should have--" All of a sudden, the transmitter beeped. "We're approaching Tatooine. We'll talk later." After giving the girls a reassuring smile, Anakin ran to the cockpit and sat on the pilot's seat. After getting out of hyperspace, the dust bowl that was Tatooine came into view.

TAG:
    @SiouxFan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Khalia Octa

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Zekk on the Burning Light

Zekk frowned ruefully as the transmitter went off & Quorra dashed to the cockpit. He was enjoying the warm stew with the rich broth and hearty vegetables. He wouldn't have much time left to savor but he tried taking his time. Once they were on the ground, who knew when they'd be able to just unwind?

He hoped he and Quorra would have some down time to spend together. You learned a lot about a person in the heat of whatever action was going on, but he preferred quieter moments. It was, he reflected, a sign of maturity.

@SkywalkerShine & @SiouxFan & @SithOverlord101

IC: Tahiri on the Shadow

Tahiri frowned over at Jaina as Anakin dashed to the cockpit. "Looks like we're about to arrive. Guess he's as all right as we can hope for considering. I guess nothing like success on this mission to help turn the tide…" She concluded hopefully.

Accomplish something that meant something, Tahiri mused. That would help more than all the words of assurance, which unfortunately only went so far.

@SiouxFan & @Khalia Octa & @SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine and Khalia Octa like this.
  8. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Flight deck, Jade Shadow

Frowning to herself, Jaina buckled herself into the co-pilot's seat and put on her headset. While she trusted Anakin inherently, and knew that he was a really good pilot, she still would have preferred to be at the controls flying an unfamiliar approach into a new destination. Hearing stories about what flying on Tattooine was like was not the same as actually flying on Tattooine.

"Jade Shadow..." the bored male voice of air traffic control sounded in her ear, "...squawk 0546 and ident. State intentions."

"I have the radios." Jaina announced to her brother as she entered the requested code in the IFF transponder, following established protocol. Keying the mic, she responded to Control. "Jade Shadow with the flash." Using the 'Ident' function on the transponder set off a three-second alarm on the controller's display. "Request instrument approach to Anchorhead."

"Jade Shadow, we have radar contact. Fly heading 285 for Anchorhead. Descend and maintain flight level 095"

Jaina felt the Shadow bank to the right as Anakin made the heading change. "Heading 285 for Jade Shadow. Descend and maintain 095." Jaina confirmed to control. Glancing down at the instruments, she noticed that the external temperature sensors were uncomfortably close to red-line. "Forward temps are a bit high, we should angle the deflect ..."

"I got it." Anakin replied, making the necessary changes to the front shields.

Jaina nodded. Scanning the flight instruments, she noticed that were flying a 275 degree heading. After five seconds, when it was clear Anakin was not going to correct the heading, "Heading is 285."

Anakin grimaced, and turned ten degrees to the right.

Fighting the urge to roll her eyes, Jaina consulted her charts and entered the frequency and inbound course for the approach to Anchorhead. "Inbound course laid in." She announced, and heard Anakin acknowledge. Job done, she glanced back at the flight instruments. They had leveled out at flight level 098. Three thousand meters high. "Should be flight level 095."

Anakin grimaced again, and started the descent. Clearly, he was a bit out of practice flying in a radar environment, where everything had to be precise. Ten seconds later, Jaina cleared her throat. "Anakin, the inbound course is 305."

He looked back at his instrument display and noticed that he had dialed in 315. Shaking his head, he made the correction and sighed. "You have the controls, I have the radios."

"I have the controls." Jaina replied, placing her hands on the flight controls and throttles and banked the craft slightly to the right. She glanced at her brother, "Everything okay?"

"Yeah, just really out of practice." He gave his sister an appreciative nod and keyed the mic, "Control, Shadow is established on the localizer."

"Control copies. Contact Anchorhead on 135.42".

"135.42." Anakin replied. After making the frequency change, he checked in with Anchorhead and got clearance to land, he sat back and watched his sister fly. There was no two ways about it: even flying an unfamiliar ship, Jaina was a natural.

Smiling, he commented, "Tenel Ka was right, you know. You really are a lousy passenger."

Jaina laughed, "So she's told me." She looked over, "And you're just a little rusty. I'll be happy to take you up for some practice."

"Deal."

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha; @SkywalkerShine; @Khalia Octa

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  9. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Galley, Burning Light

Danni shot Jacen an amused look as Zekk followed Quora to the cockpit. "They're hiding that really well."

" 'Bout as well as we did when we were looking for Zonama Sekot." Jacen dead-panned as he picked up the used bowls.

"Fair point." The blonde woman replied as she helped Jacen load the dishwasher. "An-nnnd..." she drawled, her voice dropping to a whisper, "...that's twice today I've caught you holding hands with a pretty brunette."

Jacen fought a grimace. "I thought you were asleep?" Seeing Danni's innocent shrug, he continued, "She needed some emotional support...her family history is even more messed up than mine."

"Really?"

"Really." Jacen confirmed before kissing Danni's cheek, "And you have nothing to worry about. Like I said, dark and broody is more Jaina's thing." He nodded towards the cockpit, "Let's go keep them out of trouble."

"You don't trust her 'skills'?" Danni asked innocently as she followed him towards the cockpit.

Jacen laughed, "Oh her 'skills' are fine...it's the 'flying-while-trying-not-to-get-caught-flirting' that might get us in trouble."

Opening the cockpit door, he took the seat behind Zekk and put on the headset while Danni did the same behind Quorra.

"...vectors to Theed. Maintain this heading for now. Expect docking bay 492 upon arrival." The female approach controllers voice sounded in their ears. Danni saw Jacen's quizzical look and returned one, something about that did not sound correct.

While Zekk replied to approach control, Danni thought some more. What was it about the docking bay? Finally, she remembered....

"That's not right." she announced as she pulled up the diplomatic clearance guide on her display.

Jacen caught on what she was looking for as the two ignored Zekk and Quorra's quizzical looks. "Try the 'Official Diplomatic Clearance' section" he offered.

Danni nodded at the comment and thumbed to the section. After a couple of seconds of skimming the section, she found what she was looking for. "I thought so. It says here that '...vessels on official clearance will be parked in bays 087 through 186'."

"Meaning....what?" Zekk asked.

"Meaning we're being herded somewhere." Jacen replied in a monotone, staring out of the viewport. "I have the radios." He announced to the crew. Keying the mic, "Approach, Burning Light was told to expect 'official' clearance."

There was a pregnant pause before a new voice was heard, the shift supervisor if Danni had a guess, "The official bays are occupied at the moment. Be advised, we are still considering you to be official traffic."

All four shared a look before Danni said what they were all thinking. "A hundred bays occupied? How much official traffic does Naboo get?"

Zekk shook his head, "Probably not that much. Jacen, what do you think?"

Jacen was reaching out through the Force and trying to get a read on the controllers, but did not sense any duplicity. "I'm not picking up anything....let's land where they tell us." He shrugged, "We'll find out soon enough."

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha; @Khalia Octa; @SkywalkerShine

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Zekk on the Burning Light , Cockpit

Zekk listened closely to the exchange between Danni and Jacen about docking bays and customary protocol for incoming vessels.

Jacen's knowledge of such things and intuitive Force sense was getting a bad vibe on the whole thing, which personally he never would have picked up on, that they were being sent to an out-of-the-way slot for some mysterious, nefarious reason.

He glanced over at Quorra as the person on the other end of the transmission said all the official bays were full.
    There weren't that many ships registering on the scanners.
    Maybe we should just head for one of the usual bays? What could they do about it?

@SiouxFan & @SkywalkerShine

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  11. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Aboard the Burning Light

"I'm not picking up anything....let's land where they tell us." He shrugged, "We'll find out soon enough,"
    Jacen had informed. The young woman glanced back at Zekk. Something was definitely off. Even though she didn't have the Force, Quorra still had a bad feeling about this. But for now, she had to trust in Jacen and the others' word.

The young woman nodded and began to descend the Burning Light towards the docking bay they were given. A few moments later, after carefully landing in their newly assigned docking bay, Quorra cut off the engine for the ship and sighed. Getting up from the pilot seat, she said, "Well'p... the only thing I can say is keep your eyes open. Naboo may seem like a nice place, but nice places can be dangerous too."

TAG: @SiouxFan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @SithOverlord101

Aboard the Jade Shadow

Moments later, they landed in the docking bay of Anchorhead. After the ship's engine was turned off, Anakin stood up and smiled at Jaina quietly. "Well'p... time to meet this broker Quorra told us about. She told me that there would be someone meeting us by the entrance."

TAG:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Zekk on the Light

Zekk reflected on Quorra's warning about Naboo. Yes, it was always a good idea to keep your eyes open - especially in places and situations that seemed non-threatening.

He hoped it wouldn't be necessary.

He made sure he had his saber handy, just in case.

IC: Tahiri on the Shadow, about to Debark

Tahiri made her way to the Shadow's boarding ramp with the others and wondered fleetingly who this broker might be. She felt that Anakin's talk with Jaina had done a world of good and smiled at him warmly. Apparently, sharing time with his siblings was going a long way to making him feel centered and part of something warm and nurturing again.

@SkywalkerShine ; @Khalia Octa ; @SiouxFan ; @SithOverlord101

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  13. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Jade Shadow, Anchorhead, Tatooine

Jaina stayed in the cockpit while the other two moved aft to open the dorsal hatch. If she'd learned anything from her father, it was this: always keep something up your sleeve. She had shut the engines down, but only so far as 'alert stand-by' status. Until they could get a better feel for who this contact was, she was going to stay ready to blast off of the desert rock in a hurry. Frowning, she realized she should have taken up Han's offer to bring the Falcon...the belly-mounted cannon might have come in handy. Too late to do anything about that now.

Hearing the hatch open behind her, Jaina caught a shape moving in the shadows to her front left. "Company's coming!" she shouted back to her brother. Anakin knew the drill, he'd give her a signal if things started going haywire.

Making sure to stay in the shadows of the cockpit, she slowly got up to keep an eye on their contact as he (she? Jaina realized she couldn't remember which it was) moved towards the ship.
    @SkywalkerShine; @Khalia Octa; @SithOverlord101

Burning Light, Landing dock 492, Naboo

Jacen and Zekk didn't even notice as Quora left the cockpit, so pre-occupied were they on focusing outside.

"Everything okay?" Danni asked quietly, not wanting to break their concentration.

"How many folks do you sense?" Jacen asked the two, just as quietly.

"Three." Zekk immediately whispered.

"Three." Danni agreed a moment later, hoping she did not look like a total rookie by not thinking to reach out before now.

Jacen nodded. He leaned out the cockpit door and commented down the hall, "Quorra, can you come back her a moment?"

Footsteps followed and Jacen started talking as soon as they stopped, "Okay, here's how we're going to do this: We don't know why they landed us out here in the boonies, so we're going to go along with it. Danni?" He stood and looked at the blonde, "You and I are going to head out and meet the three." She gave him an understanding nod.

"Zekk, you stay up here and be ready to get us out of here in a hurry." He turned to Quorra. "Quorra, I want you to keep out of sight for now."

Jacen looked around. "Everyone ready?"

Three heads nodded in agreement. Satisfied, he took Danni's hand and the two of them made their way to the main hatch. Before opening the hatch, he handed Danni his lightsaber. "If anything nasty starts to happen, I want you to keep them off the ship."

Her green eyes widened in surprise, but she did not reach for the offered 'sabre. "What about you?"

"I know a few tricks." He smiled, "I'm sure it'll be fine. But...Quorra's our only link to whomever is behind this. She needs to survive."

Danni nodded and took the 'sabre. Damn him and his logic. "Okay, but if you think I'm leaving you here, you're out of your mind."

Jacen gave her another smile and opened the hatch.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  14. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    OOC: HAPPY NEW YEAR! [face_party]

Landing dock 492, Naboo

Quorra grinned at Zekk, seeing that he was ready for action. Working with the Jedi Knights for the first time was truly an honor. The galaxy was rebuilding itself, thanks to these brave people. And it was all thanks to the Galactic Alliance and their allies as well. If the Shamed Ones hadn't stepped up to the plate, the galaxy would have been doomed. Thankfully, the Yuuzhan Vongs and their masters accepted defeat.

Before she could fully depart from the cockpit, Jacen told the young musician to come back. He had a look of suspicion on his face, and rightfully so. Quorra nodded with a puzzled look and walked back. "Okay, here's how we're going to do this: We don't know why they landed us out here in the boonies, so we're going to go along with it. Danni?" He stood and looked at the blonde, "You and I are going to head out and meet the three."

Quorra saw Danni nod her head in understanding. Jacen was right. Something must be up...

"Zekk, you stay up here and be ready to get us out of here in a hurry." He turned to Quorra. "Quorra, I want you to keep out of sight for now."

This made a whole lot of sense. If there was someone out there trying to harm then, then she and the others had to be cautious. "Got it," Quorra said with a nod. The young woman had to trust Jacen's instincts. If something were to happen, they'd have to act. This was not going to deter them from finding the mastermind who wanted to kill the Jedi on Zonama Sekot.

Once they were all in agreement, the plan was set in motion. Seeing Jacen and Danni interact brought a smile to Quorra's face. Hopefully, Jacen would be okay. Sitting back down in the pilot seat, Quorra gazed up at the sky from the cockpit view. "So much for peace, huh?" Quorra said with a scoff to no one in particular.

TAG:

Anchorhead, Tatooine

"Company's coming!" he heard Jaina shout. Anakin stood his guard as he walked out of the hatch and down the ramp. He placed his hand near his hip, ready to take his lightsaber off his belt if need be. "Who are you, stranger?"

There, coming to a stop in front of them, was a short, elderly Tynnan with a dark hoodie and cloak. He appeared to be hunched a bit and had materials on his back. He also had bright grey eyes and carried a gentle presence about him. Holding his wooden staff closely, the old creature softly asked, "Hello, young master. I am Lowell, the traveling merchant. Are you the ones that Quorra mentioned about?"

[​IMG]

TAG:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Zekk with Quorra on the "Light"

Zekk gave Quorra a smile. She was full of pluck and slipped easily and without complaint into whatever was asked of her. She was a gentle and accommodating part of the team.

He continued vigilant due to the odd circumstances surrounding their arrival but didn't sense any immediate threat.

@SithOverlord101 \ @SiouxFan \ @SkywalkerShine

IC: Tahiri on Tatooine

Tahiri stood beside Anakin and felt a warm ambience from the newly arrived, Lowell, was it? He was gentle and affable. He had a quiet air about him that was oddly restful.

Tahiri waited to be introduced and to hear what Lowell had to tell.

@SkywalkerShine \ @Khalia Octa \ @SiouxFan

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    Khalia Octa likes this.
  16. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Landing Dock 492, Theed, Naboo --

After lowering the ramp, Jacen paused a moment as Danni hid his lightsaber behind her back. Job done, she nodded and the two of them started down. As they did, they noticed Zekk reaching out to them in the Force and the three formed a loose meld.

Stopping at the bottom of the ramp, Jacen nonchalantly turned to his left and gave the forward sectioin of the Light a perfunctory post-flight look over. Danni followed his lead and did the same with the aft. In actuality, they were not looking at the ship at all, but using the routine to surreptitiously cast a look at their surroundings. Completing his walk around the Light's nose, he was about to return to meet Danni when he caught sight of Quora in the pilot's seat. So much for staying out of view.

Jacen had forgotten that he was in a meld, and smirked at Zekk's chuckle coming through.

He met Danni at the ramp and caught her microscopic shake of the head. Obviously, she hadn't seen anything either.

Casually, the two made their way to the dock's entrance, Jacen slightly in front, and watched as three beings separated from the shadows and started to meet them. Here we go. Danni sent, tensing a bit.

"Greetings gentlebeings." The dark-skinned leader of the trio called out, his voice a rich baritone. "I am Inspector Katana of the Customs Office." He gestured to the woman in her mid-thirties on his left, "This is Ms. Pelletier of the External Affairs Ministry." She gave a polite nod. "And Mr. Delacour, Theed's Tavern League president." He gestured to the older man on his right, a balding man of about sixty, whom also nodded politely.

"Greetings." Jacen replied. "I am Jacen Solo," he gestured slightly to his right. "And this is Ms. Quee." He turned his attention to Ms. Pelletier, "I believe my mother contacted your ministry about our visit?"

Ms. Pelletier started to reply, but Inspector Katana answered instead, "She did indeed. That is why we're here." He paused theatrically and lowered his voice to a stage-whisper, "Ms. Pelletier is in charge of issuing Diplomatic landing clearances, and brought your arrival to our attention. We still have a sizable Peace Brigade presence here on Naboo, and we did not want your arrival to attract unwanted attention."

"Peace Brigade?" Danni asked. "Why would they be here?"

Pelletier sighed, "We still don't know. They've been under surveillance ever since we uncovered their operations, but we haven't come up with anything. They might be just trying to re-start their lives."

"They might." Jacen agreed with a half shrug. "But you don't believe it?"

Ms. Pelletier snorted, "I don't. Extremists are always up to something."

"Which is why we wanted to warn you." The Inspector continued. "And to request that you not parade around in Jedi robes while your here. We don't want to incite trouble."

Jacen pointedly looked down at his attire, black semi-dress pants and blue button-up shirt. "Fine with me, I don't like wearing those things anyway...you have know idea how much they itch."

Inspector Katana laughed and gestured to his formal uniform, with it's dark brown wool outer layer. "Oh, I might."

"Pardon me," Danni interrupted, gesturing at the Tavern League official, "...but what is Mr. Delacour's role in all of this?"

The older man offered a sly smile, "Simple my dear, I was hoping to entice Quora to sing again at my club."

His comment set off warnings in all of the Jedi, but none could find any duplicity in his comment.

"I'll be sure to pass on your request." Jacen replied cautiously, still not convinced of the older man's agenda.

"Please do."

Ms. Pelletier handed a small card to both Danni and Jacen. "Please call me if you have see anything while you're here."

"Sure thing." Danni replied.

Their job done, the three officials turned and left.

@Khalia Octa; @SkywalkerShine; @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha;

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  17. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Landing dock 492, Naboo

Quorra smiled up at Zekk as she sat there in her pilot seat. But when she glanced down at Jacen, he had a look of disapproval. That's when it hit her: She was suppose to stay out of sight! Quorra jumped out of the seat and backed away by the cockpit's exit. Turning around, she headed towards the lounge. However, she didn't realize one of the people she sang for was talking to Jacen and Danni from below.

"Sorry for the sudden reaction, Zekk. I was suppose to stay out of view." As Quorra sat in the lounge seat, the young musician sighed quietly. "Guess we won't have time to listen to that music. Huh, Zekk?" She really wanted to spend time with the young, tall man. He was gentle and kind. But would he still be the same once Quorra told him what she really was? Only time would tell.

TAG:

Anchorhead, Tatooine

Anakin felt a sense of calmness about the old creature. He held Tahiri's hand and smiled. So he must be the one that Quorra mentioned about. "Yes sir. My name is Anakin. And this is Tahiri. Should we go somewhere private to talk?" The young man wasn't sure if he should mention about Jaina, due to not being rude. But at the same time, she was backup, in case something happened.

"Oh, yes yes," Lowell replied, turning around towards the exit of the docking bay. "Let us go to the local bar. We'll chat there. There is also another ally I want you to meet. They say that they know Han and Leia very well. As well as Quorra."

Lowell continued to guide them towards the direction of the bar, which was the Anchorhead Cantina.

TAG: @SiouxFan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Khalia Octa

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Zekk with Quorra - Landing Dock 492, Naboo

Zekk said: "Yeah, looks like we will have to postpone getting some down-time. I have a feeling things will get very active before we're done here. Tends to happen when you start off with the unexpected, like being shuttled off to a strange landing area. It'll make relacing that much more worth the wait."
    @SkywalkerShine

~

IC: Tahiri with Anakin & Lowell

Tahiri stifled an inner ripple of amusement. The most interesting things tended to happen in Tatooine cantinas, given the Sky/Solo history. She looked forward to meeting this ally. If it was someone who knew the Solos and whom this Lowell vouched for, she felt it was someone they could trust, as well.

@SiouxFan \ @SkywalkerShine

Khalia Octa and SkywalkerShine like this.
  19. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Jade Shadow, Tatooine

"Oh, that can't be good." Jaina whispered to herself as she watched Anakin and Tahiri follow the other being out of the docking bay. While she did not sense anything dangerous about the other being, her ability to 'read' unfamiliar races was rudimentary at best. Anakin hadn't given any indication of anything wrong, but his danger sense wasn't the most acute...sometimes he was too brave for his own good. And Tahiri being with him only made things worse.

Shaking her head, she leaned out of the cockpit. "Hey, Rhea? You up for some cloak-and-blade stuff?"

@Khalia Octa; @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Docking bay 492, Theed, Naboo

As they walked back to the Light, Jacen looked over at Danni. "What'cha make of our hosts?"

Danni shook her head, "Someone knows that there's more to this than just warning us about the Peace Brigade." She sighed. "But why tell us anything at all if they're not going to tell us the real story?"

That was the ten-thousand credit question. "Maybe we're bait? They want us to make draw Peace Brigade into doing something illegal?"

Danni shook her head again, "But why ask us to not wear Jedi robes, then? If they want you to be bait, you'd be more obvious in traditional garb."

Jacen shrugged, out of ideas. Idly, he flipped the card in his hand, intending to put it in his back pocket. As he did, he noticed something on the back. Taking a closer look, he saw a hand-written note:

Pen and Parchment, 2100 hours. Marné Pelletier

He stopped. "Does your card have the same note?"

Danni flipped hers over. "Nope." She looked over at him, "A meeting? Could be a way to find out what's really going on."

Jacen nodded, "Or could be a trap." He continued into the ship, "Let's talk to Zekk and Quora."

The met the other two at the top of the boarding ramp and gave them a brief run down of what transpired, and told Quorra about Mr. Dellacour's invitation to sing. "Oh..." Jacen added, giving Zekk a pointed look, "....they request that we not 'parade around in Jedi robes.'"

Zekk looked offended, and Jacen held up his hands in surrender, "Don't blame the messenger." His tone turned somber, "What do you think of this note Ms. Pelletier left?"

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha; @SkywalkerShine

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  20. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Bringer of Truth to EUC/TPM AnniversaryBannerFinal star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 23, 2018
    OOC: Sorry it took so long!

IC: Rhea Zurian
    Jade Shadow, Tatooine

Rhea had been waiting in the Shadow while Tahiri and Anakin talked to whoever they had come here to meet-- Lowell, she thought she'd heard. Rhea hadn't been to Tatooine before and the hot breeze that entered the ship when the boarding ramp was lowered made sure she didn't want to return.

Tahiri and Anakin had just walked out of the docking bay when she heard Jaina call out to her. "Hey, Rhea? You up for some cloak-and-blade stuff?"

"Sure, why not," Rhea answered as she walked up towards the cockpit, "We've got time."

TAG @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @SiouxFan @SkywalkerShine

21. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Jade Shadow, Anchorhead

Jaina quickly shut down the Shadow's electronics and engines. She hesitated a second before shutting down the auxiliary power unit as well...knowing that once she did, their chances for a quick escape were over. She shrugged, with Anakin and Tahiri following the Tynnan, the quick escape plan was already dead. Once the auxiliary power was shut down, the Shadow got eerily dark. And quiet. Jaina fought a shiver -- for whatever reason, a totally dead ship always gave her a case of the willies.

Shaking her head, Jaina turned and saw Rhea leaning against the cockpit door with a quizzical look. Jaina fought a grimace, "Dark ships weird me out for some-odd reason." She paused, "I think it's because when the Falcon was shut down, there was no guarantee we'd get it going again."

Rhea smiled and gave her an understanding nod.

"Anyway, Anakin and Tahiri followed..." she paused again, trying to remember the Tynnan's name. It didn't come. "....whatever his name is to some local pub. Being who they are, they're going to need back up." She grabbed her black Jedi robe from the back of the pilot's seat. "Keep your eye out for trouble, and I'll try to track Anakin."

@Khalia Octa

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha; @SkywalkerShine

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Zekk with Jacen and Dannie on Naboo
    Zekk examined the note ...
    Pen and Parchment, 2100 hours. Marné Pelletier

"Hmmm. Split us up, get us running in circles, not knowing which is the "real" meet, and both could be a trap." Zekk laughed with irony. "Throw them for a loop wouldn't it if we didn't nibble at either one?"

@SiouxFan \ @SkywalkerShine

~~!

IC: Tahiri with Anakin and Lowell on Tatooine

Tahiri continued to follow Lowell - still not feeling anything ominous from him. He was as he put himself out to be, and Anakin didn't seem to have any portents of something dangerous.

She glanced over at Anakin and sensed his wry amusement. She sent out a tendril of Force attunement and stifled a chuckle. She could tell Jaina was unobtrusively keeping them under watch, just in case ... the Solos were trouble magnets -- so you could never be too cautious!

@Khalia Octa etc.

23. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    OOC: It's okay, @Khalia Octa! Glad to see you're doing alright. :)

Landing dock 492, Naboo

Quorra smiled quietly at Zekk. If only they could spend time together and forget about this whole thing. Why couldn't people just give these Jedi a break? They were living beings with feelings too! If Quorra had the power to put all the bad guys to sleep with one flick of a finger, she would. But things happen for a reason...

Finally, Jacen and Danni came back. Once Jacen told her about Mr. Dellacour's offer for her to sing at his club again, the young musician chuckled. "Aah, trying to get me to perform again, huh? But then again, why would he want me back there? I dunno. Zekk is right. Both could be a trap..." She thought about it. Then she nodded. "Okay. I'll take him up on his offer. There might be clues there. Plus, I can be a distraction while you guys look for evidence."

TAG:
    @SiouxFan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Anchorhead Cantina, Tatooine

Anakin smiled warmly at Tahiri, keeping her close to him. He felt the Force communicate to him through her. Oh yeah, he also felt his older sister and Rhea begin to follow them. Even from a distance across the galaxy, Anakin could always feel the worry and protectiveness from Jaina and Jacen. Especially Jaina. He chuckled lightly.

Moments later, the trio arrived at the Anchorhead Cantina. "Here we are, young ones. Do not worry. We are among friends here." Lowell led Anakin and Tahiri inside, where the music was played by three different types of species on stage. The cantina itself was filled with patrons, either drinking, dancing or chatting. The bartender was an older guy, a male Duros, wiping the bar counter. To the trio's right were the private booths.

Lowell led them to one of the booths that was in the back corner of the cantina. As Anakin and Tahiri went there, they could see a tall, muscular man with long slick black hair and black jumpsuit with a sleeveless black vest. He also had multiple tatoos on his right arm. There was also a taller and heavy built Yuzzem. Both were bodyguards of a woman in her thirties. The mysterious woman smiled at the kids happily. "My lady? Our allies, Anakin and Tahiri," Lowell said with a smile.

"Well, well, well. Look how much you've grown. Please, have a seat." Anakin sat on the opposite side of the booth, letting Tahiri go in first. Lowell sat beside the woman. "Here ya go, Lowell. A job well done." The older woman gave the elderly Tynnan a bag of creds. After the two settled in, the woman grinned. "I remember working with your mom and dad, way before you guys picked up lightsabers. Crazy times," the mysterious woman reminisced. Anakin tilted his head with squinted eyes. "I'm sorry, ma'am. I don't think my parents ever mentioned you before."

The woman chuckled heartily. "Ah! Where are my manners. I was formerly known the Shadow Woman by my enemies. But friends call me CeCe. CeCe Barula."

TAG:

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Zekk with Quorra and the Others

Zekk admired Quorra's quick thinking and her readiness to help them find clues, besides he could hear her perform. He said: "And I'll keep an eye out for anyone who even tries to do something underhanded against you while you're up there on stage."

@SiouxFan \ @SkywalkerShine \ @Khalia Octa

IC: Tahiri with Anakin and Ms. Barula

Tahiri smiled at the older woman and said: "Any ally of the Solos is welcome. I would just about guess Han and Leia Solo have crossed paths with a large percentage of independent individuals/groups striving for justice." Not to mention the ones who didn't admit to having pure and altruistic motives but who could still be trusted in a tight spot, like Lando and Talon Karrde.

:cool:
    @SkywalkerShine

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  25. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Landing Dock 492, Naboo

Aah, trying to get me to perform again, huh? But then again, why would he want me back there?

Jacen shared a look with Danni...he simply could not imagine why Mr. Delacour would want a pretty brunette singer on his stage on a weekend night. Danni shot him a small smile and kicked him under the table.

Plus, I can be a distraction while you guys look for evidence.

"That's actually a great idea...the place will probably be packed and it will give Zekk a chance to snoop around a bit." Danni added, a plan forming in her head. "After Quorra starts, you and I can sneak out and meet Ms. Pelletier." She shot Jacen a look, "And NO hand-holding this time around."

Jacen chuckled and tried his best 'Who? Me?' look he learned from Han. Zekk gave him a confused look, and they all noticed Quorra's blush.

Zekk shrugged. And I'll keep an eye out for anyone who even tries to do something underhanded against you while you're up there on stage.

Danni opened her mouth to make a comment, but Jacen kicked her under the table. Zekk had picked up on what she was about to say, and blushed. Earning a confused look from Quorra.

Jacen stood, "Well that settles that for now, then. Let's find somewhere to stay for the next few days, then. I don't know about you three, but I want to be able to lounge by a pool for a while."

"Throw in a couple drinks, and I'm in!" Danni replied heading aft to grab her small bag.

Anchorhead, Tattoine

By the time Jaina and Rhea got the ship sealed up, Anakin and Tahiri were well out of sight. Jaina shrugged, "Well, this is starting out well...seems like I'm always chasing down one of my brothers."

The two of them set off, Rhea keeping her eye out for trouble, Jaina trying to track her brother with the Force. "Right at the next intersection." Jaina commented casually, trying to make it look like the two of them were just on a stroll. Rhea played a long, even stopping to window shop a few times.

Halfway down one of the streets, Jaina came to a stop. "They're in there. I think." She nodded at a pub called Anchorhead Cantina. "Why does everyone always meet at a pub? Why can't someone meet at nice ice cream shop, or something?" Shaking her head, "Okay, let me go in first...I'll grab a seat at the bar." She turned to Rhea. "Give me a couple minutes, and then join me."

Rhea nodded, and Jaina headed in to the Anchorhead Cantina, hoping she would not be walking into trouble.

@SkywalkerShine; @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha; @Khalia Octa

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019