main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rise of the Sith Empire, long and epic trilogy--Post NJO, Ben Skywalker. Need help! Please repy!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briman, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Hi!

I'm writing a long epic trilogy centered around Ben Skywalker, titled the Rise of the Sith Empire and it will be set twenty-one years after the war with the Yuuzhan Vong invaders.

Anyone willing to contribute-writing scenes, feedback or ideas-are desperately needed. Each installment will be something like a hundred pages long, and will include epic lightsaber duels, the return of the Sith, war-battles and transitional characters. There will be romance, angst, the rising of the Sith and powerful villians.

Basic plot points: The Rise of the Sith Empire, the breaking of the Jedi Order, a war between the Galactic Federation and an ambitious Confederacy bent on overthrowing democaracy. A Jedi's fall into the pit of the dark side, a romance between Ben Skywalker and another Jedi Knight that will lead to grave and serious places. A civil war between the Jedi Order and a Sith Lord patiently waiting in the shadows for the right time to strike and put his plans into motion after several thousand years.

Epic lightsaber duels and Jedi waging war against Jedi that leads to dark places. And in this all, the main character Ben Skywalker dealing with all this, a powerful glimpse into the possible future of the son of Luke Skywalker.

I will be posting the Prologue later tonight, so anyone interested in reading that or giving feedback on it please post your reply.

Also, I am looking for maybe two people if interested to help with certain scenes and to help with the writing and structure of the plot and the characters and how they move.

Thank you very much.

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    You should probably try the Beta Reader Index. Look for betas in the Beyond the Saga section and contact a couple whose specalties fit your needs.

3. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Hey Brian. Here are some links that may help you.

The Beta-reader Index

Adopt-a-newbie

The Amazing Lightsaber thread

The 7 Forms of lightsaber combat

The Teenage Writer's Society

In addition to going to these sites for help, I also recommend reading others stories and leaving feedback. Building up a reader base takes time and if you show an interest in others work, they'll take a look at yours.

P.S.~I left you some feedback in your story thread. Good luck with it.

Edit: Also take a look here: The Fan Fiction Forum Index~you'll find many topics of discussion--pretty much anything and everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.