main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rise to the Next Level- Heroes (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jek_Windu, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    So, what did y'all think tonight? [face_whistling]

2. LosDosMos

LosDosMos Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2005
    Have I mentioned I love this show? 'Cause I really, really love this show. :D

I can't believe Nathan sold Peter out like that. :eek: I guess I shouldn't be too surprised though; he is a politician after all.

I hope Isaac figures out soon that he doesn't need drugs to paint the future. And when he does, is Simone going to choose him or Peter? [face_thinking]

Hiro was great as usual. :D His segments always add comic relief that defuses the tension a bit. The thing with the Nissan car was some pretty gratuitous product placement though. :p

And Claire! :eek: Just when you think the quarterback is actually decent...:mad: Interesting that she didn't wake up until the wood was pulled out of her head. [face_thinking] Could be the only way to "kill" or incapacitate her permanently. I'm all for her f'ing around with the QB's head next week, but I really hope she doesn't hurt or kill him. She could be in danger of becoming Sylar 2.0.

I didn't like the smirk on Niki's mother-in-law's face when she and Micah were leaving. Makes me suspicious. [face_thinking]

I wanted to smack Matt's wife. She and the chick that was running around with Mohinder look really familiar to me.

And what's up with Sylar? Just when I thought Niki had the strangest powers, we see what he can do. Obviously some telekinesis, and it seems like he has some of Claire's regenerative powers. He's a serial killer; is it possible he's killing other 'heroes' and somehow absorbing their abilities? [face_thinking]

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

A
    L
    E
    R
    T

According to TV Guide, that's Peter's power.

4. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Spoiler thread, don't need the spoiler tags.

That makes sense though. Explains how he could fly. I had assumed that Sylar was at least attempting to steal others powers.

5. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Interesting. I was thinking that the Petrelli brothers had to be physically close for their powers to work, but this makes more sense given Peter's sketch last week.

6. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I was thinking maybe Peter could only fly at night and his brother could only fly during the day but the Rogue/Mimic power makes much more sense.

7. weezer

May 16, 2001
    That closing was great though.

Healing powers or not, that would suck.

8. Rouge Null

Apr 24, 2000
    Claire obviously doesn't feel pain, or very little, so it wouldn't suck that bad. All she's gotta do is hold herself together until she heals, and then she's good to go.

9. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Why do I have a strange feeling that Claires Dad authorized the "Autopsy"?

Overall this show seems to get better with each episode.

10. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I think he has to be responsible. Aren't autopsies used to determine cause of death? One would think that the large chunk of wood stuck in her head would be an obvious cause. And why was it removed after she was cut open? I would think that would be the first thing they would inspect. And where did the Dr. performing it go? Pulled out the wood and chose that moment for a bathroom break? No, this is not a standard autopsy by any means.

11. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    I can't believe Nathan just sold out his own brother...

and then I wonder what's going to happen next week with Claire. how's she going to explain coming back to life from the wood stuck in her head?

12. LosDosMos

LosDosMos Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2005
    Oh, interesting. [face_thinking] Reminds me of Synch, from Generation X.

13. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Pain or no pain it would suck to look down and find yourself cut wide open. In fact I think it would be even worse if it didn't hurt.

14. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ha!! Love this show more with each episode. It keeps on surprising and or shocking me.

Nanthan pissed me off big time doing that to his brother. Standing there and taking those few punches from Peter wasn't even anywhere near good enough. Yeah I was irritated that Peter couldn't seem to shut up in front of other people, but that was a low blow.

I was disappointed in the QB's attemped rape. He does deserve a damn good scare. Going to be very interesting to see the story Clair and or her dad come up with for her resurrection.

The chick running around with Mohinder... anyone else thinking she's not what she seems??

15. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I was totally fooled by him too. I hope she makes him pay.

She's gotta be to hang around with him: knocking on the doors of suspected murderers...listening to rants about mutants...and the constant whining about fullfilling his father's dreams...

She a plant for sure.

16. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Yeah that was my first thought when she showed up. Seemed a little too convenient [face_thinking]

17. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Yeah that was my first thought when she showed up. Seemed a little too convenient

Exactly!! And just too little and cutesy. Bugs me big time.

18. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Actress Rena Sofer will be joining the cast as Nathan's wife:

[image=http://entimg.msn.com/i/150/Movies/Actors3/Sofer_WM38888615794_150x200.jpg]

It's a recurring role.

19. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Wonder what her problem will be. His comment about her not being at the rally was interesting.

20. Rouge Null

Apr 24, 2000
    Re-post of mine:

Right up until Hero-Hiro showed up I was convinced it was Sylar, and that Peter was going to die right there. I'm wondering how much older this version of Hiro is. I'm also curious as to what the black guy's power is. Does he negate powers, or does he steal them?

21. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Another fun and exciting episode.

So we got a bit more look at Nikki's alter ego, sassy little thing that she is. Clair was perfectly right and justified in her decision of stopping the QB serial raping. Of course it was done in a way that left the audience knowing he had no regrets.

I had guessed that Peter's situation had to do with Hiro, just the time being stopped. Hiro was looking pretty good there. :D

Damn, it seems that heroin might be the catalyst that helps Issac see the future, poor guy. Probably going to kill him as well unless another means is found.

Are we to know that the black guy with Evil Glasses is Nikki's DL? I hadn't read for sure, but the fact Micah said something about no one could find him fits. Plus as the child to two superbeings, what powers might he grow up with?

Have to say I'm excited about Mondays now. :D :D

22. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Another great episode. Glad to finaly see Nikki's alterego power on screen. The stuff with Hiro & Ando was funny. "Does Peter Parker cheat when he sells photos of Spider Man?"
    This show just seems to get better & better.
    I think the black guy has some sort of power siphon. Either that or hes Syler.
    I kinda figured it was Hiro on the train the way time stopped around Peter but they way they explained it was WOW!!!.
    Next weeks episode looks great from the coming attractions.
    Is it me or does it seem that all of them are being drawn to Vegas for some sort of confrontation?

23. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    another great episode. i loved the ending w/ Peter and Hiro. so it seems Claire's dad has a helper that follows him around. I wonder what happened to the pychic cop?

24. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Damn, it seems that heroin might be the catalyst that helps Issac see the future, poor guy. Probably going to kill him as well unless another means is found.

That kinda reminds me of Paul Atreides and the spice, except that Paul had prescient visions before he started using it.

25. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Future Hiro was pretty cool.

He finaly got his costume :D
    I got the impression that he was just a more powerful/better trained psycic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.