main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rise to the Next Level- Heroes (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jek_Windu, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I am skeptical about the quality of this upcoming season. What I have seen does not endow me with confidence that the producers, Kring in particular, have learned from their past, myriad mistakes.

2. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    It looks like things may be moving more. If they don't drag out things and they do the smart thing and KILL MAYA, it should be a very good season.

Angela Petrelli continues to intrigue me. I look forward to her role this season.

3. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    There are literally tonnes of spoilers about now. Episode guides for the 2 openers are about spurring rumours that Sylar is a Petrelli and that he becomes HRG's new partner.

Sylar also has two new abilities, one is unknown AFAIK, the other is invisibility.

In terms of what the trailers show, Ando blasts Hiro with some red lightning, Claire teams up with her mother to learn to fight, 'future Peter' shoots his brother (or is it just a shapeshifter?), and one of the guys on Level 5 claims to be Peter Petrelli.

Also, Angela Petrelli's ability has already been used by Peter. One of the Heroes crew has stated that Peter has all of Sylar's abilities.

4. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    I'm going to be missing the initial airing of the episodes this season because of class and work...So I wont be able to watch them til a few hours later or the following day. [face_plain]

5. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    ONE MORE DAY!!!!!!!!

6. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Now it's like less than six and a half hours. *grins* Of course, I'll be watching it tomorrow since staying up till 4 am like I did last night doesn't sound appealing. Still- Heroes is almost here! I can't wait to watch it, it looks so awesome. I think I'm going to rewatch the season 2 finale tonight before bed, so I'm all refreshed for the new ep tomorrow.

7. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I KNEW Angela's ability was dreams. So glad that's finally settled. Nikki turning that guy to ice is weird. I thought it was future Peter, but I doubt it now. Mohinder can go die and take Maya with him. The new villians are great and Hiro's story was quite good so far, but I could do without Ando being a villian. Very curious about Linderman and if he's dead or not. Angela is so deliciously evil. I really hope we see what drove her to be the woman she is. It wouldn't surprise me if she offed Papa Petrelli after her latest revelation. Poor Elle. Very curious to see what she'll end up doing. I hope she becomes a hero if others are becoming villians. I see they wrote Molly off for the time being. Lastly, Bob :_|

8. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Wow. I hope they get Ali Larter into that White Queen getup again. And they've brought another Veronica Mars veteran into the cast. And we've got a Gaius/Number Six situation going on. And Maya's clothes have gotten much skimpier, and Claire's more form-fitting, and Dr. Suresh has been working out. Peter still steals the show. I wonder if we'll ever see Caitlin again or if the plot has moved on and abandoned her. I wish the revelation at the end hadn't been spoiled for me. I'm liking Hiro less and less. Surprised none of the New Orleans gang were squeezed into the episode. I really enjoy the show, but wish that they'd stop ignoring characters' abilities because they'd inconvenience the plot. Anyway, say what you will about it ripping of Buffy or X-Men -- I find it a different and enjoyable enough iteration that I'm happy to keep watching.

9. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Well it did clearly rip off Spider-man. But again, Mohinder can go die and take Maya with him :p

10. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    To me it seemed as if Mohinder is now a "FLY" rather than like Spiderman.

11. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002

Hopefully someone makes a giant fly swatter then.
    :p

12. Lord_Lahmien

Lord_Lahmien Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2008
    Maya's character was always unnecessary to me but Season two was a bit weak for me as a whole, both her and Suresh have run thier course in show. The future glimpse of Sylar and his 'legion of doom' was awesome and probably the higlight of the show for me. Along with that the whole thing of going back on Sylar being a brain-eater was kind of lame but how else could they give him Claire's ability and keep Hayden on the show.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    "You can never die"

If that doesn't connect back biologically to Adam I don't know what does!

14. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    That was my thought exactly.

15. Count_Doodie

Count_Doodie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2006
    waaay back in the day, season one ish, i called that sylar doesn't eat the brains. like watches he just tinkers around with them to see how they work. i cant find me old post so i cant enjoy this moment fully!
    -doodie

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  17. Count_Doodie

Count_Doodie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2006
    can someone remind me what happened to claire's flying boyfriend?
    -doodie

18. Lord_Lahmien

Jun 19, 2008
    Or for that matter the cousin in Louisanna with the muscle mimicing ability I forget her name at the moment.

19. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm really annoyed that Mohinder = Brundlefly. Like, practically shot-for-shot so far.

Other than that I'm enjoying the season MUCH more than Season 2.

20. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I don't remember Nikki dying last season, I am wondering if I missed that part. It now looks like Nikki and Tracy are clones with abilities that are different from each other.

So far this season is far better than the strike riddled season of last year.

21. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    It was left vague what happened to Nikki last season (similar to DL at the end of season 1). Last we saw she had run in to save Monica from a fire and was trapped trying to get out before a massive explosion. Nothing more was said until we saw the coffin this past week.

22. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    As long as they don't have a flash back episode of Niki surviving and then being killed in a Night Club. Poor Micah, he has lost his entire family. If this were a comic book he would be the person who would start a league of super heroes when he is old enough.

I must say I am really liking Parkman. He was the only hero in season two that seemed to have a good story going for him, especially compared to season 1.

Peter is still my favorite, followed by Sylar. The preview for next week seems like they may keep up the good episodes.

23. Espaldapalabras

Espaldapalabras Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2005
    I didn't bother to watch the latest episode yet. In the past two weeks I have watched the first 3 seasons of Alias which is much better, and I like the guy who plays Parkman in that much better.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It's interesting how everything this season seems to be linking back in some way, shape, or form to Angela Petrelli. Mama Petrelli maybe, to me, the most facinating character of the series thus far. The character that went from being a kelpto in the pilot to running everything may be ultimately the key to everything.

25. Lord_Lahmien

Jun 19, 2008
    Is not Mr. Petrello the most awesome villian ever.

What he does to Adam and Peter is pure win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.