main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rise to the Next Level- Heroes (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jek_Windu, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    So I've seen Monday's episode and all is revealed...

Nice to see that Nathan is still Nathan, and didn't immediately revert back.

The worst thing from last season was that Chandra Suresh was at Coyote Sands, I didn't like that at all, and the company would have snapped him up from the beginning.

A wasted storyline is Ando, his supercharge has been used once when he first realised he could use it, and since then that's it. Why didn't tattoo lady immediately come up with Ando, as that is all Samuel really needs rather than 50 of 'them'

2. Count_Doodie

Count_Doodie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2006
    did anyone else catch that peter said call you later to a deaf woman?
    [face_laugh]
    -doodie

3. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    Aye, I remember thinking about that while I was watching. Did she have some fancy voice-to-text phone or what?!

4. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    Well, season finale next week.

I've been pretty happy with this season. Ideally I'd have liked the Peter/Sylar thing from 'The Wall' stretched over a couple of episodes, it felt slightly rushed but I like the overall result, it's an interesting take on it all. What happened to 'the hunger' though?

There are so many promos around for the finale, it's pretty obvious what's going to happen.

5. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    It is the finale already? I didn't think that 11 episodes have played since it came back on this last time?

6. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    Aye, I was shocked myself. I think there's only been 6 maybe?

I don't know what I think about friendly Sylar yet.

7. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    We got a taste of good Sylar last season so I am okay with him changing sides, afterall it gets to repetitive with him being the bad guy.

Speaking of bad guys, Sameul was a huge let down. He was a suck ass villian.

8. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Is it just me, or was this season of Heroes really boring? It seems like it was even more of a slow burn than normal.

9. Daren_Kole

Daren_Kole Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2004
    It WAS boring. Too much babbling, not enough fighting/ using powers.
    You can skip a lot of episodes. You can even summarize this season in a couple of sentences.

10. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    For example episode 18: Sylar and Peter act all emo and knock down a wall.

11. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Why was the season so damn short though?

12. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    The order was shortened since NBC had doubts about the new season.

13. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Ahww. Sounds like a cancellation in the near future.....

14. Count_Doodie

Count_Doodie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2006
    http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/05/14/heroes-canceled-by-nbc/
    -doodie

15. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    When I started this thread, I believed Heroes was going to be the next BSG- the next show to take an old concept and put a brilliant new spin on it. Now, upon learning that it probably won't even get to finish its story, I find I don't care.

I know plenty of people have moaned about the drop in quality after season one, but I guess this is an appropriate time for a little more natter. For me, Season 1 embodied all the best things about comics- a cast of interesting characters (D.L. was awesomeness in a can), a strong story arc (Linderman was the most amiable mass-murderer on television), and events that mattered (Charlie died and she stayed dead).

The rest of the series, on the other hand, embodied everything that is deeply wrong with the comic medium- potentially interesting characters pushed aside for those that are bland but seemingly-popular (what happened to Micah and Molly?), story arcs that go absolutely nowhere and make absolutely zero sense (a lot of people noticed the nuclear explosion above New York City, huh?), and events that just don't matter (Magic Healing Blood! Anyone can have a power or have it taken away in five seconds or less! Nathan's dead!).

Frankly, I would much rather have seen shows like The Sarah Connor Chronicles or Dollhouse get third seasons than this dreck see a fourth trainwreck.

16. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Please marry me.

17. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I saw on Yahoo yesterday that the show was cancelled with no finale planned and I can see why...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.