main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RL or Fan Fiction? When Real Life Experiences Inspire Fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by General_Kenobi_66, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DancesWithBlasters

DancesWithBlasters Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 22, 2006
    Oh, you have no idea! I do this soooo much. While I'm doing things, I'm always putting them into story/fanfic form while they're happening. Just this afternoon I was watching a dance performance, and I kept putting it how my OC would see it, which was kind of distracting. Most of the little things I write about come from RL, be it from me or people I know. I do this in my original fiction, too. I pretty much wrote myself into my short story once. It wasn't horrible flaunting or anything, in fact it was kind of sad, but I knew it was me in that story, and I always felt kind of bad. Also, a lot of things I have people talk about, or exprience, are things my friends and I have discussed, ideas we brought up, and things we've seen. Anyway, so for me, this an empathic yes!

2. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Real life definitely inspires stuff that I write! I just don't let it go blatantly in.

I might write more later, but I'm on the phone with my mom!

3. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    I am in the army, and currently deployed. I use a lot of what I am going through to inspire my Storm Trooper fic. I wanted to show the human side, how he views the war, and the whole prt of his life away from being a soldier and missing it. I came up with the idea shortly before I deployed and just recently started writting it. I hope to be finished by the time I get home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.