main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF featured in magazine article

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by DieWompRatDie, Jul 18, 2018.

1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Hey, everybody! Good news!

Colorado Country Life magazine wants to feature the RMFF an upcoming issue. They would like to interview us, use historical photography, and take a recent group photo of us.

The author of the article, Mary P., and I have worked together. She is a great writer and one I trust to do a great job on the group.

Since she won't be with us at the upcoming July get together/BBQ, she would like to meet and chat with several of us at my and @FanForced's house. We are happy to host. I will also look through my photos of group events and pull a bunch of group ones and event ones (except Starfest...) that hopefully give a good flavor of what we do.

We can discuss more at the BBQ this Saturday.

The deadline for the article is August 10, hence why we may move on this a bit quick.

Thoughts? Comments?

2. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I know I've been pretty much MIA lately, but I would hit the charity aspect of the group, which I'm sure you're already planning on doing. Donating time can be more valuable than donating money sometimes. Lots of fun to be had, too! ;)

he-guy and DieWompRatDie like this.
  3. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I can't find many photos in my records of the X-Wing at WOTR. Does somebody have a bunch they could send along?

4. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Honestly, I would go look through the X-Wing Project’s FB page and see what they have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    You might try getting ahold of @cyodarun, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Interview day is scheduled for Sunday, July 29 at 11:30 at my house.

If you have ever been to an RMFF meeting/get together or event, please come and share your experiences as we want all voices, even if you're not currently active.

Facebook event:

7. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Thanks to Wes, Michael Berg, Grant, @he-guy , @AuttyBot and Linda for participating and offering great insights for the interview on Sunday! Based on what we said, I think it's going to turn out great.

8. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    We have a finalized date/time and location. The shoot will be on Saturday, September 8 at 8 a.m. at Wings Over the Rockies Museum in front of the X-Wing. The photographer will set up at 7:30 so we can start right on time.

Wings staff are on board and are happy to help!

Family is invited! We would love to have spouses and/or kids in the photo, so bring em' if you want.

We are allocating about 2 hours for the shoot and have a hard stop at 10 a.m. since it is Open Cockpit Day. Please come in an RMFF shirt, a costume, or Star Wars shirt if you don't have either of those.

Any questions?

9. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    The cover!
    [​IMG]

QueenHighMistress and darth-maul like this.
  10. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Nice!

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  11. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    QueenHighMistress likes this.