main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF Garage Sale 2016 - July 30th at the Apex

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by FanForced, Mar 23, 2016.

1. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Dude! I saw that City of Arvada is having a community garage sale at the Apex. I rented a spot ($25) for us to peddle our wears. I will be collecting your treasures from now until then. Please message me if you want to bring them by my house early. Also, you can bring your stuff to a meeting and we'll load up my car. Also, you can bring your stuff on the day of the sale. Options!

I will woman the booth the day of. Also, I will prep and price the items beforehand. A few helping hands will be needed, either at the Apex or to babysit Logan on August 1st. Or JT can stay home with the purple minion, but JT is great at upselling so I'd rather he be at the sale.

Simply Limeade would also be appreciated. A hug from Ewan McGregor would also be appreciated.

Stay tuned!

QueenHighMistress likes this.
  2. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    Wait, what? August 1st is a Monday. I think they meant July 30th, because I see that date on their website as well. I'm emailing them.

3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    [​IMG]

4. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    July 30th is the date. Saturday is the day. And I won't be needing a babysitter after all.

5. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    Since one rented "space" for $25 is equivalent to two parking spaces I was thinking that we rent two adjacent spaces for a total of 4 parking spaces. I could pay for this ahead of time and then reimburse myself the $50 out of the profits. I think the increased foot traffic and extra parking spaces will be worth it in the amount of sales.

catz44 likes this.
  6. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    When do you have to have the space booked by? Should we wait until we see how much is donated?

7. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    I'm not sure when the deadline is, but I can ask. It says that the spots usually sell out, though. I'll see if she'll tell me how many have been sold.

8. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    email sent to Apex

9. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    They said there are plenty of spaces still left and there is no deadline to reserve them. It just goes until they sell out. So, we have some time to see if we need the extra space. Does anybody have large-foot-print items they are donating to the RMFF Garage Sale?

10. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    Kim is donating fabric, YAY! Let me know if anybody needs me to store their stuff ahead of time. Bring your treasures to a meeting or event and I'll load it in my car.

AuttyBot likes this.
  11. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    How about kids clothes? (girls)

12. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    yessum

13. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    Thank you for registering for our Annual Community Garage Sale.
    Saturday July 30 from 7:30-noon-ish
    Apex Center, 13150 W. 72nd Ave. Arvada, CO 80005

Arrival & Set-up: When you arrive please follow the arrows through the parking lot to line up for check in. The line will circle around the back of the building. You will then be directed to drive to your spot and unload between 5:30am and 7:15. All the cars at that point either need to be moved to the west lot or stay there until the sale ends at noon. Each space is 2 parking spots.

Supplies: We will be supplying you 1 table and 1 chair. You are welcome to bring more tables, chairs and a shade tent if you would like. Also, please make sure to bring enough change for your sale. We will not be able to supply change for you.

Food: We will have food vendors on site during the sale. Our Blue View Caf�(located in the upper galleria) opens earlier that day for us and we will have someone driving the golf cart around selling breakfast burritos. We ask that you do not sell food.

Donations: If you do not sell everything and don� want to bring it home, we will have a donation area where you can drop off your unwanted items. ARC will be picking up those donations at 2pm. Anyone can bring items to donate so pass the word along.
    Donations Items will need to be in a bag or box before being placed in the donation area. With exception to large items. We have some bags on hand if you need to bag things up at the end of sale. Ask a staff member in a Yellow shirt if you need any.

Questions: There will be staff in bright yellow shirt to answer your questions throughout the sale. If you have any questions prior to the garage sale please contact Brandy Strauch at (303) 403-2594 or email her atBrandys@apexprd.org .

Restrooms: They are located inside the Apex Center. Closest ones are through the Ice entrance.

Marketing: As I� sure you have seen we have been doing lots of marketing for the sale. Please feel free to make posts on your Social Media sites to invite your friends and family to come shop!

Quick reference check list:
    -Remember your sunscreen ?
    -Change/cash
    -hat / sunglasses
    -Extra chairs if you need

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  14. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    Our garage is officially open to store your treasures. We will be storing, sorting, cleaning and pricing in our garage until the day of the sale. So feel free to bring your items on by. :)

ladyblues and AuttyBot like this.
  15. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    I will need sandwich size and gallon size bags. Lots. The pinch-close or zipper kind, please. not the flap over kind. If you would like to contribute some, please bring some to a meeting or event. Thanks!

16. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002

WAIT, WHAT?

17. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007

That was right after you had messaged me about you cleaning out your craft room. Then I gave you the wrong date for the sale so you donated the stuff. It was a while ago but I didn't go back and change the post. I guessed it was fabric but now I don't see that you used that word. You said, "unpacking your sewing room boxes and things need to go."

18. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
  19. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    You're not going to believe this, but I have a DCC thing that day. :p

We're having a department post-con party.

20. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Oh, DCC...

We're not really asking people to come to the garage sale. The FB event is more to let people know that it's happening and to please bring donations to the next meeting on July 16 at Dan @Jomama's house.

21. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    We need the things!

22. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Thank you to everyone who donated items for the garage sale this Saturday! We have quite a few things, so hopefully we'll bring in some credits.

Here's the rub...FanForced is having a rib popped back into place Friday morning and shouldn't be doing any heavy lifting. And...garage sales involve heavy lifting.

Is there anybody who can help us organize anytime Friday and/or help Saturday morning will setting up at the Apex Center? We would love some RMFF help for the RMFF garage sale! Thanks so much to whoever can help for any amount of time, even an hour.

23. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Sorry, took last 3 Saturdays off. Gotta work this one unfortunately.

24. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    After 4 1/2 hours of garage selling and awesome donations from several RMFFers, we made a grand total of... $62.50!

I'll PayPal it to our treasurer.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

he-guy likes this.
  25. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    I hope that you got some help or at least some relief! I was at an event Fri-Sunday so I am just seeing this.[:D]