main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF Treasury Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by cyodarun, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    We've tossed around a few ideas to help establish our RMFF Treasury

Some that I recall include:

Everyone donate a buck at each meeting, I was thinking I could pick up a bank or something and folks could just put in their $$, of course this should not be a requirement

Ebay donations

RMFF garage sale this summer

What else can you think of? I know $$ are short with everyone trying to save for C3, but lets start working on some ideas.

Carry on.

2. Stoneman

Stoneman Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2004
    I have ideas. I'll discuss them with Sarnia next time we cross paths, Id hate to make a wad of myself in front of all you fine people. But here is one you can try.

Hold a wine tasting event, contact Balistirri winery in Denver for info on it. Use the event to collect Donations, or hold a raffle of some sort.

3. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Thanx for posting this thread, CYR.

I've done a few wine tasting events in the past, and they can be very successful. So, it is definitely something that we can look into further.

I don't mind pony-ing up a buck or $2 at each meeting. After all, we only 'officially' meet once per month, so it's not a financial strain for me personally. I also concede that this might be more of an issue for others as well, though.

Keep the ideas comin', folks!

4. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    mmmmm....I hate wine..... :D :D :D I would love to do a little wine tasting event....just not sure how to make any $$ unless we do the box stuff....but I am a snob.

Didn't SC talk about some type of raffle awhile ago?

What type of license is needed for a "public" raffle....maybe we could sell tix at the LINE PARTY for some cool SW stuff....I still have quite a few of those uncut IMAX passes (btw, if there is anyone that did not get one shoot me a pm, I will put one aside)

We could also try to put a couple on epay and see what happens.

I hope to start working on a couple of SW themed walking sticks as well.....one more thing I would be willing to donate for a raffle.

At the end I am with SS, I think the meeting donation would be the easiest, and I think it should be optional as bills are more important than our treasury.

5. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001

POO_DOO!!!! My wife was cleanin' out a closet and came across that 2000 Star Wars poster that James Cukr signed!!!!! DBL POO_DOO!!!! Well, at least it's still intact....we could raffle that off on EBay!!!!! I think it was originally intended to be raffled anyway(but for KEMPE!?) FLOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.