main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I am online---not feeling to well (something with lunch), but I'm going to try to get some posts done.

Sith-I-5, got it. Let me get my directions settled and look at where I need to post first and where.

2. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Bardan_Jusik

I will have a post up for Stakes and Taab either tomorrow night or early this week; my wife is ordering me to the dinner table (I kept telling her 5 more minutes when I was responding to the game posts---bad idea). :_|

Bardan_Jusik and Sith-I-5 like this.
  3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
  4. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hey guys...

For anyone that's known me for any length of time on the boards, you know I've been a very busy man the last few years since my life self destructed back in 2013. Its been a process getting it back to "normal" and many of you have weathered that storm with me (and thank you for your support & friendship). Well, one more "puzzle piece" is put into it's rightful place. There's a nod to Intervention & Echoes on the last page in the "About the Author" section. For the price of a cup of coffee, you can enjoy my first ever professional literature---I'm now officially an author!

Its only in print format---for now---but if anyone needs international shipping, let me know (i.e. Sith-I-5). If they don't ship internationally, I can order it and ship it to you. In any event, all the ratings and reviews help this young new author. I have a series of books planned and this is the first.

Paperback Book: Giovanni Salzano the Traveling Mercenary: A Story of the Beginning

5. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay, well, Well Done on becoming a published author.

Is Mr Salzano any relation to the Italian general?

Bravo likes this.
  6. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Sorry I've been unexpectedly absent. Gonna try to figure out a post as soon as I can.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Negative. Fictional character through and through. The last name "Salzano" was influenced by the real-life town of Salzano, Italy. But no further relation to the character and other historical people.

I'm online tonight and tomorrow (Labor Day). In order of tags --- Bardan_Jusik, then everyone else.

8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    This only took the entire day---since 8 am. Research and figuring out code took up most of the time. Argh. [face_plain] At least its done.

Erito (aka Elite)

I'll be able to get in one post----most likely storyline---before the end of the night. I'll try to sneak in a post before the end of the week as well.

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I don't know how much it costs to sell a book through Amazon.

I would probably give it a shot if it was on there.

Mitth_Fisto and Bravo like this.
  10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Amazon raised their rates (authors make less starting this year) and they are losing a lot of business because of it.

I will be online this Monday---this last Saturday exploded with unpleasant drama I had to handle on a friend (now former friend) front Saturday night (which was my Echoes night). I am out of town in Santa-Fe, New Mexico this Friday night, Saturday, Sunday, and returning home late Monday afternoon. :)

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Bravo

Unless you advise otherwise, I am going to assume Cimmerian Death/Hell/heck, even drokking Rodeo Riders to be vulnerable to Verpine Shatter weapons.

They seem to be able to be taken out by grenades, but within either the proximity of open portals, or having retreated into one. Or is it just plot armour?

12. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    No. ..no. . .anything but plot armour! Our weapons cannot penetrate armor of that magnatude! All Mercs! T.E.A. time! Take Evasive Action!

13. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Don't escalators keep moving?

I mean, I'm just wondering, as that's usually been my experience with them. :)

And did I get the count right? Initially twenty Beasts and 1HR, but one Beast was executed and one got splattered?

(As an aside, I am anticipating the moment I get to write when Swifts realizes the Beasts are the same as the shooting range targets on the Jod ship.)

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Yes, I have been meaning to post here for assistance in scene enhancement.

Like Harry Callahan unable to remember if he had shot six times or only five, I cannot remember if I intended for there to be only an upward moving escalator, or if I just forgot to put in a second one that comes down.

So, Bardan_Jusik , have Atin and Laz stepped onto the upward moving escalator that the hidden Agent was on, or are they on a parallel downward-moving escalator?

Laine_Snowtrekker is right that their escalator will be moving still, but I don't yet know in which direction.

And did I get the count right? Initially twenty Beasts and 1HR, but one Beast was executed and one got splattered?

You got the count right. I wanted to splatter two Beasts with Atin's shot, but I had eaten into my getting-ready-for-work buffer, and could not find the descriptives in time.

15. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    They are on the same upward moving escalator that we all started on. So yeah they had to rush against the motion of the steps to get down to where Atin could see enough to fire and would now be moving back up as they stopped to fire (well Atin fired, Laz didn't). That would potentially move them up beyond where they could be seen by the beasts I reckon, but I leave that to you. I should have been more clear and also written about them pushing past Basset (as I had intended to), but was fighting confusion myself (regarding Mitthy's post, Jeth's signal meant forward depending on which direction he was facing which was unclear in the post, but he mentioned in his character's internal monologue "they were going to run back just because someone was hiding from probably just another straggler in a station that likely had many" so figured that's what he wanted us to do) and it simply slipped my mind.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Looking to get my next Atin post in within the next 24 hours or so.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  17. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Hey guys,
    Loving the congruity of the situation from all angles :)
    As a first timer, I must say this is fun!

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    The Vanguard

Should have something up for you tonight or over the weekend.

The Vanguard likes this.
  19. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    I'm looking forward to it sir! Sith-I-5 :)

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Bardan_Jusik

Bleed out quickly?

That Beast that Atin hit is gone. In Darwin Award / US military(?) / Star Trek parlance, he has been beamed up by Scotty.

I did like that Atin can reset the weapon's effects.

21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I wasn't sure of that so I went with the least amount of damage so I didn't OP the weapon, though I'm good with the vaporization (I had initially written it that way and then went back and re did it). In any case, the beast is dead which I reckon is the important part. :p

Yeah they can be tuned (exactly what was meant by that was never made clear in any of the literature, at least as far as I can remember, so I went with resetting projectile velocity which seemed to make sense). However, it's an exacting process that can't be done on the fly, so Atin is stuck with the gun he's got at the moment.

Edit: I've edited the post to better conform with your description, while still leaving the shot being somewhat problematic to Atin though for different reasons now. :p

22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I will be online this week----Monday and Tuesday night is the hope (it may be Tuesday and Wednesday night alternatively).

I am extremely sorry for not being online more. We have been one Teacher short since June and we are now in need of a Cook and we had to fire another Teacher on Friday. So, we're 3 employees short at work now and on top of being the Jack of All Trades at work as the Assistant Director, I am now also working 8:15am through 6:45pm without a break the last few days to cover the empty positions; and now this seems will continue until we can fill the empty employee positions stated above. Add a hour and a half drive each way to work and I'm out of the house 13 1/2 hours a day, Monday through Friday.

I just saw my wife for the first time yesterday (Saturday)---and we live in the same house and work the same hours (her less days then I and a different job). I've been coming home from work and going straight to bed since last Monday.

So please don't take my AWOL as anything intentional and/or personal. Its been purely a product of no energy.

On the flip side of this conversation, I bought my first Star Wars books in 9 or so years. So I hope the pleasure reading will give me the extra energy I need for Echoes. :)

The Vanguard and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  23. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Will probably post something tomorrow

Mitth_Fisto and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    The Vanguard

I have been unavailable. Will try to get a post done for you in next 48 hours.

25. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Understood Sith-I-5
    I've been pretty swamped as well. I'll check the thread periodically.