main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Rogue And Goddess: K/J In Fanfic - New Stuff Soon!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Dantana Skywalker, Jun 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Has anyone had a chance to read Bloodlines yet? [face_dancing]

I'm just dying here with anticipation whether Kyp has a part or is mentioned.[face_praying]

I'm disappointed, there are no books available here as of yet. I should have ordered one. :rolleyes:

2. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    Wait! Is it out yet?????

3. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Bloodlines is meant to be out now! But like PRINCESSCAMBRIA I can't find it yet! :(

I really would like to see a Kyp-appearance or to have him mentioned! :) I can't wait for the book!

4. Princess Cambria

Jan 20, 2006
    Yippie...I got the book!![face_dancing] This book is mainly about Jacen and Fett. I found it an intriguing read so far especially with the changing pov's.

Here's a couple of tidbits: Spoiler Alert :cool: Now commencing spoiler shield...

Kyp has a few lines while in a Jedi Council meeting on pages 228 & 229. I thought Kyp was a little out of character, but it's hard to know his mindset since we don't know what he has been doing all this time. No K/J interaction. Darn it anyway, at least he's in the book.

Also on page 25, H/L are talking about Jaina's boyfriends and Han says, "I liked Kyp better. What ever happened there?" Zekk is still around, but no word about Jag's situation.

That's it so far.

Here's looking to Tempest on sale 11/28/06.

5. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    Oh, I think Kyp was perfectly in character in his part on Bloodlines.

I especially liked his first two bits of dialog, and the other parts made perfect sense to me, and caused me to wonder if in fact that wasn't part of Luke's reasoning for making Kyp a Master and Kyp was reminding Luke of it. To my recollection, how/why Kyp became Master isn't discussed anywhere. It just happened at some point between Survivor's Quest and the NJO. :)

I would not be surprised if Kyp is not in Tempest, though. With what the main plot point of the book seems to be after reading Bloodlines, he's largely uninvolved unless, say, Han draws him into it.

6. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    *Reads PRINCESSCAMBRIA's last post about Kyp!*
    . . . *starts dancing* [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] . . wicked! I'm happy! I hope we see alot more of him in the books to come though!:)

7. Alishu06

Mar 29, 2005
    Ahhhhhh I can't find it!!!!!! But I like the spoiler..:)

8. Princess Cambria

Jan 20, 2006
    Finally my muse cooperated and I wrote up a little songfic for the K/J August Writing Challenge. Better late than never I say. :p

Since I'm the one who offered the challenge, I tweaked the challenge requirements for my benefit. Enjoy my contribution Live Without You :)

9. Alishu06

Mar 29, 2005
    SO I had to buy the book, I was really upset ;) that Zekk is still tailing Jaina...grrrrrr lol

10. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    I know . .

I like Zekk, he's funny! :) (But funny's not as hot or interesting as Kyp!;))

[face_frustrated] I really need more Kyppie both in profic and fanfic!

*looks at PRINCESSCAMBRIA's challenge* [face_thinking] Hmmm, I might try the challenge![face_mischief]

TTYL [face_peace]

11. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Ooh, the challenge has got me thinking. "Help find Kyp"? What does that mean? Is that supposed to be vague? Oh dear. I don't need more bunnies!

I really hope Kyp is in the next books more!

-Mia

12. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    ::Starts singing the "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaamen" song from Sweet Charity.::

13. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Upping causse I feel like it!

14. Princess Cambria

Jan 20, 2006
    I came across the DP for Tempest...If you're interested, here it is with more discussion. Spoiler Alert> http://boards.theforce.net/literature/b10003/25184317/p3

So my question to all you wonderful K/J shippers...

How would you define Kyp and Jaina's relationship since the end of NJO?, DN?, LOTF?... Still partners? best friends? master/apprentice? aquaintices? romantic wanna-be's, brother/sister like? Where do you want the ship to go from here? If they're not together romantically, then how? What are your thoughts and feelings?

edit: spelling

15. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    How would you define Kyp and Jania's relationship since the end of NJO?, DN?, LOTF?... Still partners? best friends? master/apprentice? aquaintices? romantic wanna-be's, brother/sister like? Where do you want the ship to go from here? If they're not together romantically, then how? What are your thoughts and feelings?

I'll bite...

I personally think they have matured into more of a friendship role...Lets face it Kyp is what like 46-47 now? If he hadn't pursued Jaina by now I don't see it happening. I think she still looks up to him and he will always have a special place in her heart but I don't see them involved romantically in Profic...

I still love them as a couple and I love to read about them...and write about them, but I can't help being over run with non-K/J plot bunnies... For Force sake I've written two J/J fics and one of those is a WIP...[face_blush] ... But unfortunately I think that is where she will end up despite the seemingly joining at the hip of her and Zekk...My personal belief is that Zekk will die somewhere in the next couple of books...

However, I still like my K/J fix...[face_love]

FL @};-

16. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Hey, all!

*looks at header* I should update that, hmm? *adds to list of things to do*

We need more challenge ideas. I know it's late to start a Halloween one, but how about an autumn-themed challenge?

In other news, the Rogue & Goddess Podcast is officially looking for stories and readers. If anyone wants their story read for the podcast, please let me know. Also give me a PM or respond here if you would like to read something. This isn't solely a KAJSU thing, it's K/J-fandom-wide, so it'd be cool if people pitched in. Otherwise it's just gonna be me reading stuff. :p

Stories should be around 1,000-3,000 words, or something that can be broken down into installments of that size. For more info, the site's in my sig.

*goes off to add new challenges to first post*

Dana

17. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

I know this is completely random, so shoot me :p, but I have to ask . . .

There's a gap between DN and Legacy rite?o_O Well, I've been thinking (way too much Lol) . .

I think its from Betrayal and Bloodlines where this thought crept up into my mind . . do any of you guys think something happened between Kyp and Jaina in that time, in the gap, or is it just me?[face_thinking] (If this has already been asked I apologize [face_blush])

Its just with Han saying stuff like: 'I liked Kyp Durron better anyway . .' it got me thinking. Maybe something happened between our rogue and goddess ;), even if it might have been brief in that gap between the DN and Legacy.

Well???[face_plain]

18. Specterace

Specterace Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2005
    To me, Han's just stating his honest opinion in those statements. Sure, he may then be retracting them a bit for Leia's sake (who, IMO, sorely needs a lesson in how to let go of grudges), but the fact that he just keeps repeating the point over and over (and doing so in a more serious tone each time) suggests that if there was ever a guy that Han would be "cool" with as a son-in-law, it's Kyp.

As for Jaina and Kyp, the books don't really tell us that they've done much of anything since DN. Then again, Jaina's gotten about a paltry 20 pages of time combined so far in LOTF, and her thoughts are mostly dominated by her brother's betrayal and her court marshal. She may not have spared so much as a thought to Kyp, but then again, she hasn't spared a thought to "The Corrugated One", either. So for now, all indications point towards Kyp and Jaina having had little-to-no contact in the last 4-5 years (which could in turn be explained by the existence and proximity of Zekk).

The thing is, depending on the way the situation in LOTF goes, we could begin to see a whole lot more contact between Kyp and Jaina. In BLOODLINES, Luke was clearly leaning towards arranging for Ben to get a new master despite the objections of Mara (who's all of a sudden become Jacen Sith-Solo's biggest fan, for some reason). If Luke goes through with this, then Kyp certainly becomes one of the few viable candidates suitable to take over Ben's training, which by nature would facilitate his chances of seeing Jaina more often. Also, I just don't see Kyp as the sort of guy who'll be sitting on the sidelines for too long. It's just not him, and it would be an incredible waste of his character from a plot-characterization standpoint. So we may not be seeing much K/J action now, but that does not mean that it won't crop up sometime in the future.

Specterace

19. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    I'm with Specterace in thinking that there's not much opportunity for Kyp/Jaina time between DN and LotF. In fact, I can see Kyp's feelings being at least bruised by the bond that remains between Zekk and Jaina after the Joiner one fades. Some time in that five years, Zekk became Jaina's 'Jedi partner' (a phrase Leia uses in Betrayal), a position formerly held by Kyp. That's got to smart...

Or our Kyp was mature enough to let it happen, being as he's on the Council and perhaps restricted in his ability to be Jaina's partner by other responsibilities.

Between NJO and DN, Jaina was still obsessed with Jag, so then wasn't a good time for Kyp to be more than a friend, either. We don't know what happened in that gap. They wouldn't have had to have ever dated for Han to concoct the idea that Kyp's the one for his daughter, though. I think Han knows how much 'the kid' cares for her.

Kyp's just been subjected to rotten timing and luck. Maybe Jacen will kill Zekk and give him his chance... finally.

20. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Funny this discussion should pop up today, 'cause I just barely got a bunny idea along these very lines! I shouldn't be starting another 'fic, I've got a bazillion to update as it is, but I was listening to "Far Away" by Nickelback, and I thought, "What if Kyp and Jaina meet up after all this time with the Joiners and everything, it's been ten years since he was, in essence, her master and partner . . ." There's no saying Jaina isn't old enough, lol. She's thirty-one now.

Dana

21. Princess Cambria

Jan 20, 2006
    I found this in the Lit thread. I'm so excited to see what happens and what it means!

Exile excerpt posted: Beware spoilers!

?Aunt Mara. Oops. Hello, Kyp. Master Durron.? The voice was Jaina?s, and Kyp looked up to see the diminutive Jedi at the top of the boarding ramp.

?Jaina.? Kyp gave her a friendly nod. He steered his thoughts away from the time, years ago, when he had fixated on her, when she?d been a teenager and he a younger, more self-centered man who hadn?t recognized that his interest in her was more about loneliness and self-appreciation than it was anything else.

He again pretended she had never meant anything more to him than the daughter of his oldest surviving friend should. She, perhaps, didn?t have to pretend. Giving Kyp a brief smile, she returned her attention to Mara. ?So I can take Zekk and Ben back the Temple now??

Mara nodded. ?I think so. Kyp, any reason to delay??

?No.? He glanced to the left, where the Jedi Temple, nearby, was clearly visible just past the Jade Shadow?s stern. ?Unless you?d like to save your engines ? I can just pick you up and set you down over there.? He reached out with his palm up, an overly dramatic gesture, and the Jade Shadow vibrated for a moment, moving under the pressure he exerted with the Force.

Jaina gave him a reproving look. She turned around and the boarding ramp lifted into place, concealing her.

[a few paragraphs later]

Caught by the wind, Kyp?s hair was pulled out of the hood of his Jedi cloak and stretched back to full length. The ends whipped mere centimeters in front of Luke?s eyes and tickled the tip of his nose.

Luke slid sideways to the center of the [rear] seat [of the airspeeder]. ?You?ve grown it out.?

Kyp reached up to give his hair an indulgent stroke, then grinned at his simulated display of vanity. ?I?ve been seeing a lady who likes it long. And doesn?t mind all the gray in it.?

What are your thoughts???? *Does the Kyppie Dance* :)

22. Specterace

Specterace Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2005
    I'll give a better evaluation of all that when I get my copy of TEMPEST, but methinks that Kyp's still got feelings for Jaina, because otherwise, he wouldn't have to hide them.

Oh, and as for him seeing a lady who likes the gray? That's either:

A) BS he's spewing to show off

B) Not going to last too long

All of this, of course, assumes that the lady he refers to isn't somehow "Chim-Chim"... (as Dana once named her in a fanfic)

Specterace

23. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    :D :D :D Its got Kyppie in it!!!!!!!!! :p Nothing can stop me smiling now!!!

And if this is implying some Jaina and Kyp interaction then . . . :D again!!!

Me happy! :) Thanks PRINCESSCAMBRIA for the great news!!!:cool:

PS: When's Tempest out???

24. Princess Cambria

Jan 20, 2006
    I'm smiling from ear to ear too SITH_MAYO! I'm just relieved he's in another book and has some interaction. There's always hope, what ever that means...;)

Officially, Tempest is on sale Nov. 28, but some lucky dogs have copies already. Check out Lit thread for major spoilers. Looks good from afar.:D

25. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    As I said on KAJSU, that whole pretending thing? He's *still* in denial, otherwise he wouldn't have to pretend anything. I mean, seriously, if he's over her, why would it be pointed out so specifically that he had feelings of any sort for her? Why not just skip over it?

Dana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.