main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Rogue And Goddess: K/J In Fanfic - New Stuff Soon!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Dantana Skywalker, Jun 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Nice interview, Dana and Jilly! :D

--Den

2. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    And now, SaberBlade!

Q: Where in the world are you located? if you could live somewhere else, where would you live?
    A: I live in San Diego, California. Where else would I like to live... I?ve always wanted to go to Ireland, so I guess Ireland. Though I visited North Dakota once and it was gorgeous there.

Q: How long have you been a "Star Wars" fan?
    A: Oh, ages. Since I was like seven or eight, probably.

Q: How long have you been a member of the boards?
    A: According to my sig, since September 2001, when I joined looking for NJO spoilers. But I abandoned the boards for a while and only got back into things after the October fires we had out here in 2003. The smoke set off my asthma, I was home sick for a week, and reread all the NJO books. Then the whole craving fanfic thing set in again...

Q: Where did you get your username?
    A: ::shrugs:: I wanted something with Saber in it... dunno why I chose Blade as the other half.

Q: How long have you been into writing? How did you get into it?
    A: I?ve been writing as long as I can remember. My first writing was actually a Star Wars fanfic about the YJK when I was in 6th or 7th grade in 1997. It was absolutely terrible.

Q: What's your favourite method of writing? When do you do most of your writing?
    A: I like to take a single word or idea and build a fic off of it? which inspires a lot of my one-word titles! I do most of my writing at night, before I go to bed.

Q: What do you do when you have writer's block?
    A: Pout and complain. Then go off and write something in a completely different style, fandom, or story, and hope that jars me out of it.

Q: When did you become a K/J 'shipper? How did you become one?
    A: I was a rather diehard J/Z shipper all through the YJK, and then came the wonderful scene where Jaina slapped Kyp. From there on out, I was a K/Jer... though I didn?t realize quite how hard I?d been hit until I came back to the boards and devoured all the K/J fics I could find.

Q: How many stories do you have on the boards, past and present?
    A: Currently, the total is at 16, and all but one of them are listed in my profile. The last one?s part of a summer challenge; I?ll post it separately and link to it once the challenge is over.

Q: Where do you get your inspiration from?
    A: Like I said before, usually a word or a stylistic idea. ?Wondering? was inspired by the idea of a second-person fic, just like ?Sanctuary? was a first-person fic. ?Miracle? came from the word ?memory?.

Q: In "Miracle", you're writing about Jaina's struggle with amnesia. Tell us a little about why you chose that?
    A: I didn?t really mean to choose it? the idea just sort of hit me after randomly reading a Harry Potter fanfiction where a character lost his memory the day after his wedding. I was afraid to post ?Miracle? because I thought it seemed like a bad soap opera... ?Jaina loses her memory and wakes up to find herself nearly married to a man she can?t remember! Tune in next time, on ?Holosoaps Today?!? But then I did post it, and everyone seemed to love it, so I guess it wasn?t that bad of an idea after all.

Q: What was your inspiration for "Broken"?
    A: ?Broken? was inspired by the words ?broken? and ?empty?, funnily enough. It was my mental kick to get me writing ?Star Wars? again, and I wanted to see mainly if I could write a K/J, since I?d never tried one before. I?m actually kinda embarrassed by it now, as I know my writing?s improved a lot? even since October or so, when I wrote it.

Q: What authors influence you? What are your favourite stories?
    A: Influential authors... DantanaSkywalker and JainaDurron top the list easily, but since I read so much K/J just about every K/J author influences me somehow. My favorite stories at the moment are Jilly?s ?Oskio Preskania Fracio?, Dana?s ?When the Tide Comes?, and obaona?s ?Dawn?.

Q: If you were a Jedi, what would your talents be?
    A: Um. Hm... probably something involvi

3. KnightJaina

KnightJaina Jedi Master star 1

Apr 24, 2004
    The interviews are fantastic! Thanks SaberBlade and JainaDurron!

-Jaya

p.s. One more quick question concerning the challenge...it says we're supposed to PM our fic (which I did) and post it. Are we supposed to post in on the Beyond the Saga boards, or directly onto this one? Thanks!

4. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    You're supposed to post the fanfic to the Beyond board, and PM the link to KypJainaIndex.

Dana

5. KnightJaina

KnightJaina Jedi Master star 1

Apr 24, 2004
    Alright, just making sure. Thanks again Dana!

-Jaya

6. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    All right, your story is officially up in the "Challenge" section. :)

Also, please note that I've extended the date of the challenge to July 08, 2004. If you'd like to judge (say, if you've volunteered in the last two weeks and haven't heard from me . . .), please PM me on THIS account and let me know. I know I had several volunteers, but I for the life of me can't remember who volunteered. [face_sheepish]

Dana

7. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    I just have to say... I found a bunch more K/J songs (that's what I get for ripping loads more CD's)

Aqualung - 7 Keys (lyrics)
    Snow Patrol - Little Hide (lyrics)
    The Streets - Dry Your Eyes (lyrics)
    Scissor Sisters - Better Luck (lyrics)

erm, except I haven't typed up lyrics to these ones.
    I'll do that tomorrow, or find them online.

There's also Lighthouse Family - I Could Have Loved You More, but I'm (vaguely) writing a fic for that. :p

and great interviews. lol.
    ... Force, dj, go to bed already...

EDIT: got the lyrics. they're copy/pasted from letssingit.com, since you can't link to individual lyrics...

8. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Results for the fanfic challenge are up, finally. Our winner is Daughterofflame!

Dana

9. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    Will there be a new challenge soon? I just found the thread [face_blush] it's great!!! I'll check back later for a new Challenge.

Fireyforce

10. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Valentine's challenge is up, see first post!

Dana

11. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Hmmm. Just might have to enter the challenge....

~~Jilly

12. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    Hi, I'd like to submit ~I Love You...Please~ as a response to the Valentine's Challenge :)

~Goddess Jaina~

13. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Ohhhh... a Jaina/Kyp V-day challenge that can take until the end of the Month?

Hmmm, I have a few extra hours at work... *evil grin* I haven't written them in a while, should be fun! *rubs her hands together* muahahahah!

14. djcati

Mar 20, 2004
    Just so you know, I'm writing something for this... yeah, that's your cue to run away screaming.

Can I apologise in advance for my wayward muses, kthx?

15. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Oh yeah. Got slammed with a bunny for the challenge and it is reproducing into more subplot bunnies at an astonishing rate.

I should not have read the challenge, should not have read the challenge...

;)

-Mia

16. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Here's the interview with Abby. I'm a little late in posting it, sorry.

[b]Question: Where in the world are you located? if you could live somewhere else, where would you live?[/b]
    A: I live in British Columbia, Canada, on Vancouver Island ? not to be mistaken with the city of Vancouver. This is the same island that holds the capital city of BC (Victoria), but I live mid-island. Not sure where I?d live if I could, but I have a feeling I?ll end up in Victoria at some point.

[b]Q: How long have you been a "Star Wars" fan?[/b]
    Since I watched ROTJ when I was about 7 maybe? I saw all the movies in the wrong order happy

[b]Q:How long have you been a member of the boards?[/b]
    Since January of 2004, though I was lurking for a while before that.

[b]Q: Where did you get your username?[/b]
    A: Well . . . I?d like to say ?from my birth certificate?, but that?s not exactly true . . .

[b]Q: How long have you been into writing? How did you get into it?[/b]
    A: I?ve been writing ever since I was young and always enjoyed the times during school when we had to write stories ? my 5th grade teacher told me my story was too long so I had to write another one for ?publishing? (you know, laminated construction paper with illustrations and the whole bit). My mother writes, so I guess I come by it naturally. I wrote my first ever fanfic (though I didn?t know what fanfiction was) in grade 9 ? it was a Remmington Steele fanfic, lol. I also have one EPIC original story thing I?ve been writing since I was 14 and still isn?t completely finished.

[b]Q: What's your favourite method of writing? When do you do most of your writing?[/b]
    A: Hmm, no particular method I guess. I don?t usually use outlines, though sometimes I?ll write ahead of where I am if I get a good idea for something that happens later on. Usually I write in the evenings, but if inspiration strikes it might be anytime.

[b]Q: What do you do when you have writer's block?[/b]
    A: Generally sit and stare at the document open on my screen for a few hours before deciding I?m not getting anything done. That, or re-read the entire story and decide that I?m not going to write. Go and do something else, or maybe start another story.

[b]Q: When did you become a K/J 'shipper? How did you become one?[/b]
    A: After joining the boards. I came here *hides head in shame* as a J/J shipper looking for J/J fics, because that?s what was in the books. Then, out of some sense of morbid curiosity, I began clicking on K/J?s just to see what the fuss was about ? y?all can thank JainaDurron and SaberBlade for my conversion.

[b]Q: How many stories do you have on the boards, past and present?[/b]
    A: Currently I have 4 ? ?A Twist of Fate?, ?Best Intentions?, ?Kyp Durron and the Perogies of the Sith?, and ?Whatever You Do, Do Not Get Lost?.

[b]Q: Where do you get your inspiration from?[/b]
    A: Everywhere. I see, hear, read, pluck-out-of-thin-air things all the time that cause instant plot bunnies. I can base an entire story around one tiny idea that just grows.

[b]Q: What authors influence you? What are your favourite stories?[/b]
    A: SaberBlade, DantanaSkywalker, JainaDurron, Jedi-Princess-Solo

Anything by those above ? specifically Miracle, Just a Kiss, When the Tide Comes, Fallen from Grace. There are loads more K/J stories I follow/have followed and loved by many other authors.

[b]Q: "Best Intentions" is a rather unique story, in which Jagged Fel and Tahiri Veila have a one-night stand and she ends up pregnant. What was your inspiration for that?[/b]
    A: Nothing specific - I was walking toward the bathroom in the Home Care Nursing office one day and the thought popped into my head, "What if for some reason Jag slept with Tahiri one time and she got pregnant" . . . I dismissed the thought, but the bunny had other ideas.

[b]Q: You started out as a J/Jer, but have since ?converted? to K/J. Yet you still like Jag. What inspired this switch and what do you do with Jag now?[/b]
    A: Well, I explained about the ?conversion? above (really, once I saw the ligh

17. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    I wrote a little something for the Valentine's challenge... looked like to much fun to resist.

With All My Heart

18. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    That makes two of us, or is it three now...

*shrugs*

Anyway, here's my entry...

Almost Perfection

Just to be sure, I'm going to PM the link too ;)

19. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Blah . . . it's just so much fun seeing these that I'm not going to be absolutely stringent on the "requirements", lol.

I'm attempting to write one myself, but DWB is messing with me!

Dana

20. NenYim

NenYim Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    I wrote one. It's my first for a challenge like this, I hope I didn't do too badly! Snowy Night

21. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Whohoo! All the challenge fics are rolling in... off to read!

22. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
  23. djcati

Mar 20, 2004
  24. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I just posted my second K/J fic ever, Long Time Passing in response to the challenge. Part 2 will be posted tomorrow.

25. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I finished it in only...14 pages? Dang, a lot better than my first K/J attempt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.