main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Rogue Jedi: Kyp Durron Discussion & Story Index -- Looking for a new challenge/discussion topic!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Dantana Skywalker, Jun 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I may be wrong but I would think she was referring to his Dozen and Two Avengers. They were not assigned to deal with the smugglers on the outer part of the galaxy. They took that job on themselves. And to attack, which I'm sure they did, the bands of outlaws without provocation they too were technically commiting ilegal acts.

I bet you the Borrsk Feyla was too afraid of Kyp to send someone out there to try and stop him.

As for Kyp being the Grandmaster, now that he 'gets it' about the Jedi I think he'd be great at it. He'll probably sever ties, but not completely, with the G.F.F.A. The Jedi can't be too involved in influencing the governmental leader, but also they can't remove the voice of reason from a body of beings that get so lost in their own agendas they can't see the bigger picture.

2. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004

3. sonnymyson

sonnymyson Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2004
    I agree, Kyp would make an excellent GrandMaster. That is all.

4. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Question...

So now that Betrayal and Bloodlines are out, would someone like to take a guess as to where and what Kyp has been doing since DN? LOTF takes place about 5 years post DN. That's a lot of time to ponder.

5. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    I really don't have a clue about that topic (especially since I haven't started reading Legacy yet, and I'm totally spoiler-free :p). Still, I'm glad to be back, and there have certainly been some interesting discussions in my absence! Wow!

6. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    I've been boycotting the series due to the lack of Kyp action. I can't understand how they worked with his character so much in NJO, bringing him, IMO where he could become Luke's successor as the head of the Jedi, only to dismiss his maturing, leaving him back to scruffy and unruly. Although, scruffy sounded kind of appealing to me in DN.

What is he doing? Well, the Corellian conflict may be absorbing most of the Skywalker/Solo/Antilles' time but there's still a galaxy in need of order and an Academy that cannot run itself.

I'm sure Kyp, along with the other dismissed Jedi are out on various missions until the Jacen the Sith becomes too much of a problem that Luke can't deal with him alone.

7. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Lola, dearest, that is what fanfic is for! Personally, I can't wait to write the bunnies on my brain with the confirmation of Jacen's choices and Kyp's reactions.... I am kind of planning a series of 'Missing Moments' vigs featuring your fave Jedi. Hmmm. [face_thinking] Then again, I already have a lot on my plate. Maybe you should do that! ;)

8. Princess Cambria

Jan 20, 2006
    I'm so excited to hear plot bunnies are hopping around concerning our Mortal Knight and his latest adventures. * Does the Kyppie Dance * [face_dancing]

9. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    I'd do that--except I haven't read Legacy yet. So that would be kind of hard. :p But I might have to write some stories about Kyp soon, anyway. I have plot bunnies infesting my brain (they just keep spawning. Like goblins in an MMORPG.)

10. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Just wanted to jump in and mention real quick, from an earlier post, that bounty hunting actually is legal in the US. They're only called bounty hunters as slang, though, the official title is bail bond enforcement agents. There are only a couple of states where it isn't allowed.

As for Kyp in the Legacy series . . . I'm a little disappointed, too, but I've only read "Betrayal" at this point.

Dana

11. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Kyp really doesn't show up much in Bloodlines.

12. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    That's sad. :(

I haven't even read Swarm War yet, though. Yep, I like to be spoiled. :p

13. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    Kyp is in Bloodlines for only a few "seconds" and Han mentions him...but no real play.

Oh question, in ah, I can't remember the book name, but it's the one mainly about Jaina, right after Anakin is killed and Jacen lost, where Kyp and Jaina become Master/apprentice. Does Kyp kiss Jaina? I thought that in that book he did, but I listened to it this weekend, couldn't find it in book form, anyway they didn't. So I was wondering if they do or not...

14. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    That book is Dark Journey. Nope. They don't kiss. All you have there that possibly could seem as if Kyp was interested in Jaina that way was him checking her out while she was in the red dress at the Hapan Ball.

15. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    thanks...yeah I guess it was a fanfic :)

16. _sticks

_sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    can some1 plz help me? i cant find this story anywhere,
    and i even dont remember the title.

17. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    I'll try to help you if I can sticks. Just pm me the information on the story and if it's got Kyp in it, I've probably lurked in it.

18. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    So what does everyone think about Kyp mentioning that he's "seeing a lady" in the Exile excerpt? Or about the loooong hair he appears to have grown? Do you think he prefers blondes, brunettes, or redheads? :p Of course, this is SW, he could be dating someone with purple or green hair. :p

Dana

19. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    I was thrilled when I read the excerpt for Exile. I'm hoping it sparks some prediction fics about this mystery woman who he could be romantically involved with.

The only reason I said could be is because my first thoughts about the lady, was that it wasn't a lady at all, but perhaps a child, about five or six, of a ladyfriend he's trying to get something going with. :*

I can see him winning over the kid, then working his way closer to the mom.

I know, I think outside the box, way outside. :p

I will tell you, this is probably the first book in this series that I'm looking forward to. I skimmed the others and wasn't too keen on it. But I seriously hope they aren't just going to dangle this in front of us with no further mention of it.

I'll have to cry.

20. Princess Cambria

Jan 20, 2006
    I think the 'lady' would be someone completely opposite of Jaina both physically/emotionally and not a Jedi. Someone 'safe' for Kyp to open up to and accept him for the sexy man he is.

Well...that certainly narrows things.:p

Seriously, who is it?[face_thinking]

21. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    I don't see this woman being a Jedi. If she was Luke would know who she is. I mean he's been away from Ossus for a bit, but how many new candidates could have joined them in that time?

Though I'm not a big K/J fan I believe Jaina had some qualities that would be good for Kyp. She was brazen, intelligent, and someone to keep him on his toes.

I picture Kyp most of the time with someone more messed up than he was, someone who needed him to keep out of trouble, although getting into trouble with Kyp might not be such a bad thing. ;)

22. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Edit: Oops!

Hey Dana! glad to see you alive and kicking - and yes, I know I'm posting above your remarks... *runs off to find the other thread*

23. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Hey, Jade_Max, long time no see! Entries in the K/J challenge actually go in the K/J thread, this is the Kyp thread. :)

Dana

24. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    :oops: Oops, my bad ;)

25. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    I just finished the Dark Nest series and m reading temptest-I wont be able to get the other two LOTF until tomorrow. Anyhow If there has been no real J/K thing why has Han made a comment about kyp twice? That doesnt seem reasonable unless there was something?
    Iam going to get Dark Journey too since that is what people refer to with K and J.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.