main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Rogue Jedi: Kyp Durron Discussion & Story Index -- Looking for a new challenge/discussion topic!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Dantana Skywalker, Jun 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    *raises hand*

Me, as well! Though just since '05 and I haven't written as many Kyp fics as I would like. :p :)

2. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    The thread died again.

Can't let that happen!

The only problem with Kyp is that while he's easily one of the most complex characters in the EU, there just really isn't much to talk about for some reason.

There. Now I want ya'll to go and prove me wrong.

3. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I don't know if I qualify as a Kypling, but I've written my share about him - and I'm still around :)

4. sonicflame

sonicflame Jedi Master star 1

Sep 25, 2002
    Randomness from my iPod struck this morning when it started playing "Everything" by Michael Buble. Such a cute song! And such a plot bunny...someone needs to write a K/J songfic with it. :) I was thinking a maybe slightly drunk and a little tipsy Kyp out with a group and deciding to sing karaoke. I'm no good at writing K/J (though I love the idea) or I'd do it myself.

5. peskymynock

peskymynock Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2008
    I'd say there is still plenty to write about. What about the mysterious woman Kyp mentions in the Legacy of the Force series? I don't remember which book it was in but he talks about her while with Luke and Mara. All he says about her is that she likes his hair long and doesn't mind the gray in it. Who could she be?!

6. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Unfortunately peskymynock I don't think they'll ever expand on that. :(

But here in fanfiction she can be anybody we want her to be.

7. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    When Kyp was first introduced, he made a special connection with Han. Perhaps, a cool challenge idea would be to revisit their connection now that so many years have passed. I mean, it could take place in any era or genre really.

What do you think?

8. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    That is definitely the fantastic thing about fanfic!

Ooh, that's a cool idea. I'd love to see it in pro-fic, but I doubt that'll happen. :(

9. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    I feel the need to get more love back into this 'ship.

Suggested challenge: The Command Chair.

We all know that Kyp Durron has a complex relationship with leadership, with the balance between his aggressive desire to fix the Galaxy, and his knowledge of what too much power and ruthlessness can do.

So today's bunny is a very simple one: write a 'fic which explores the relationship - literal and figurative - between Kyp Durron and a command chair; one of those big thrones Palpatine and Thrawn used, or Han and Ackbar aboard the Rebel cruisers. Or, I guess, it can be a squadron leader's ejector-seat in the cockpit of an X-wing.

Can be canon-compliant or AU; but it's encouraged to have Jaina Solo sharing the chair with him, one way or another. [face_mischief]

- The Imperial Ewok

10. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    *falls over laughing*

I can see the crack already. Awesome challenge idea.

11. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001

You're evil. :p One way or another, huh? *swats away bunnies*

I had to laugh when I read the challenge.
    Kyp's first love...The Command Chair. [face_laugh]

12. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    I cracked up when I read the suggested challenge. That's just SO Kyp!! [face_laugh] Love it!

- Serena

13. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    For the Jedi second ion power only to Luke, this character seems to be sitting on the sidelines way too much. In profic, he seems like more of an afterthought.

The character is vastly interesting, if only qas a foil for Luke. His history, his redemption, his demons. Come on, the potential is astronomical!

Here's another idea, write a Kyp-Luke action vig where the two work together to over come a great obstacle. Kyp must provide the final nugget of wisdom to get them safely out of trouble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.