main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Rogue Jedi: Kyp Durron Discussion & Story Index -- Looking for a new challenge/discussion topic!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Dantana Skywalker, Jun 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Hey, you're here!

I don't have but a second, but I wanted to let you know who Sanar is. She belongs to to the talented Trickster_Jaina_Fel, from her Always Series. Just a warning: it starts off a little rough and not as well-written, you can really see her develop over time. But by the time you get to the third book, In the Morning, she's developed her own style and she's really quite brilliant. You might want to check it out. You can get there by looking at my latest posts, or going to my watched user list and then to TJF and her fics are in her profile.

I also really just wanted to...

TAKE 100! *throws confetti* [face_dancing]=D=:)[face_dancing] ;) [face_love] :D [:D]

2. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Wow. This discussion is really going. =D=

Inara: Dena Cracken? Never heard of her though I do like Pash in the Xwing series. Maybe you could do a bit about them and then throw Kyp into the mix. I'd read it.

JJD: I read part of that Always series. I must have missed something because isn't Kyp like a ghost in that one? Or is Sanar now with Kyp's clone?

Don't mind me. I've had a bad head cold for days now, so my thoughts might seem more whacked than usual.

As for YK's Strift. I've lurked in that story. She's a good character. I'm just not excited about the pairing.

Just like Dru from TKL's Legacy, not that I've even come close to finishing that one yet. Not crazy about her with Kyp, which I agree that he's written wonderfully by them.

sporkyI'm working now on a Jedi Academy Trilogy AU whose first 2 posts are of the events leading up to his parent's arrest and their being dragged off to Kessel and stuff, and it's always interesting to see what he's like as a kid.

That sounds interesting. Let me know when that's done. I'd like to read it.

3. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    I read part of that Always series. I must have missed something because isn't Kyp like a ghost in that one? Or is Sanar now with Kyp's clone? It's a loooong story, and I don't want to give anything away, but let me tell you, it's perfect. :D

Anyways, yeah, I'm not such a big Dru fan either. I mean, she's okay as a person, but I'm not a Dru/Kyp 'shipper (Sorry, TKL).

I don't know. I'm just so picky about the man....

4. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    Oh, sweetheart, you haven't read Kyp till you've read TKeira_Lea's Force Evolution Series. It's massively long, but well worth the reading.

I'll have to go check it out then! I'm not afraid of reading really long fics...well...not really.

Anyways, Fee is TKL's OC in that fic who will end up with Jacen someday, even if it "takes a Force of nature" as she's so fond of saying.

It would take a "Force of nature" for Jacen to wind up with anyone.:D

And Jacen is the second sexiest guy in the universe of course! (Kyp being first!)

Ah...I would have to argue with that. IMO, the only thing he's got going for him is...well...er...travel experience?

And Sanar is, too. And a bunch of other things I can't think of because I'm too tired. Soooo...

Oh, Sanar is so canon, it's scary! As is YodaKenobi[/i]'s Wrev Caster. I keep looking for them in profic only to remember they're OCs.

Thanks for the plug, Sporky

Anytime![face_hug]

In terms of Kyp pairings, I actually am not specific when it comes to him, though I always prefer canonical characters to an OC.

I do agree that canonical characters would be better, though for me, there are no canon characters who would suit him.

I have had a Kypfic brewing in the back of my mind for a quite a while, and it features Kyp and Dena Cracken (Pash Cracken's canonical sister). They are actually the same age, and I really like Cracken family dynamics (her father being head of intelligence has just so much potential). But it's never progressed into anything beyond a random idea because the way I write romance is...complicated.

I've never heard of Dena before. Actually, I've never read much of Pash or Airen in anything besides the X-Wing series, and one or two of the NJO novels. It does sound like an interesting match up. :p I can just imagine all the problems it would cause.

He appeals to me as a lone, solitary figure, and as much as I love the idea of him finding happiness, I want him to retain his mystique.

Exactly! Although I do like Kyp with Sanar, I also agree that he should remain solitary. I said this to someone somewhere, that I think if you polarize him his character would go kaput. There would be no point to him any more. He started out as a controversial character and should remain one.

Does that make any sense?

It does.

What are the titles of these stories you mentioned?

You've got the one with Sanar, and Strift is from Revolution, The 8th Cortex, and the Living Force. This trilogy is an NJO AU, meant to replace the last few books of the series.

Always Series. Just a warning: it starts off a little rough and not as well-written, you can really see her develop over time. But by the time you get to the third book, In the Morning, she's developed her own style and she's really quite brilliant

Oh, her progress definitely happened in leaps and bounds. I started with the third in the series then worked my way backwards. It was kind of strange.

TAKE 100! *throws confetti*

*opens Napster and starts blasting the Victory Celebration track*

Whoot! Party!

I'm just not excited about the pairing.

Yeah...I'm not as excited about it as I am with Kyp and Sanar. And you have to stop lurking! Go and post!

That sounds interesting. Let me know when that's done. I'd like to read it.

Will do. It's still in it's toddler stages and I've got most of the prologue written, so it might take a while.

5. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    I do agree that canonical characters would be better, though for me, there are no canon characters who would suit him. Dontcha just hate that? Happens to me all the time!

He appeals to me as a lone, solitary figure, and as much as I love the idea of him finding happiness, I want him to retain his mystique. You definitely have a point here, and I agree. But at the same time, I don't like him too solitary, as in DN, where they completely ignore his most interesting relationships: Jaina, Han, even Luke. He needs to interact with these people and it just doesn't happen.

I can think of a lot of things that would make me mad, but I think the angriest would be if the profic writers were to completely ignore the Kyp/Jaina relationship that they spent the whole NJO developing. It doesn't have to be romantic; it just has to be there, and real. And how come he never gets any screen time with Han? Hacks me off to no end. :mad:

6. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    Dontcha just hate that? Happens to me all the time!

Oh yeah. And what makes it even more frusterating is that they'll probably pair him up with someone I'll wind up hating. If they ever do pair him up.

I can think of a lot of things that would make me mad, but I think the angriest would be if the profic writers were to completely ignore the Kyp/Jaina relationship that they spent the whole NJO developing. It doesn't have to be romantic; it just has to be there, and real.

That's true. Only...how are they going to be able to do that? Especially with Jaina now, it seems, permanently attatched to Zekk.

And how come he never gets any screen time with Han? Hacks me off to no end.

Me too! I hate how, after Darksaber, the EU just completely ignored that relationship. *vows to write several Han/Kyp viggies and such when she has the time*

7. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    I can think of a lot of things that would make me mad, but I think the angriest would be if the profic writers were to completely ignore the Kyp/Jaina relationship that they spent the whole NJO developing. It doesn't have to be romantic; it just has to be there, and real.

I prefer them as friends, you all know that. And that friendship was solid and somehow Denning made it disappear. Cause let me tell you, the NJO Kyp, my Kyp, would not have let Jaina and Zekk be like that a year after they were tossed from Killik camp.

But then IMO neither would Han, hence my problem with the DN trilogy.

I'm sorry. Those books just burn my buttons and I get out of control. *takes deep breath*

But I'm fine now.

there are no canon characters who would suit him.

True. Thank the Force for fanfiction.

8. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    If I ever get to it. And to be honest, that fic would mostly be about Kyp. What really interests me is how Kyp went from JAT to pre NJO, and to receive some form of military support (Kre'fey ships his x-wings at one point). I feel like he had many scuffles with NR intelligence. Dena is such a minor canon character that she's basically an OC. But again, I don't even know if I'll put a romance in that fic. Kyp's development interests me so much more, and there is so much to write about without venturing into the sticky area of romance.

Same here. After you guys mentioned it, I tried to start it, but there is so much of it, and I don't have the patience to find the Kyp parts. Though I'm sure the rest of the fic is good...I want some Kyppie. [face_mischief]

I always get this strange feeling that there is this barrier between Kyp and Luke that they'll never be able to cross. Perhaps it's because for a long time, Kyp was Luke's star student, and he viewed Kyp with the eyes of someone foremost seeing the enormous first potentional. It makes for interesting dynamics. I like Han and Kyp the best - there is something emotional satisfying for me, and sometimes, I find myself thinking that Kyp is Han's child more than his biological ones. But maybe that's just me.

[face_whistling] One fic I'm working on is a Jainekk fic post TUQ. Most recent Jaina and Zekk fics are either AU to NJO or Dark Nest, or they magically assume that the mind meld disappeared (the easy way out :rolleyes:), and frankly, I'm a big fan of canon, so I want to see if I can build something for those two that acknowledges the fact that they are Joiners. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Jaina and Zekk have to suffer from the consequences of what could be an irrevocable bond.

Plus, I love to build relationships from almost nothing. (*coughJagandShawnkyrcough*)

BTW, have you guys read Ars_Longa's By Any Other Name? It's a really great Kyp fic, and it provides a look at Kyp that's I've never seen before. That fic has become my first obsession. :)

9. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Being in love with Kyp, I thought I'd show up here. I've only written him as a minor character so far, but he's definitely my favorite EU man!

The Dark Nest books anger me as well. :mad: They just don't seem like Star Wars, to me, and I can't see the characters acting like that. At all. I also agree about the ignoring of Kyp and Han's friendship. It very much annoys me--but of course, they pretty much ignore Kyp except when they need plot twists and Han seems to be permanently out of character. At least, that's my opinion.

Oh yeah. And what makes it even more frusterating is that they'll probably pair him up with someone I'll wind up hating. If they ever do pair him up.

You know, you're right. It's very likely. But you can take comfort from the fact that whoever it is they will only stay together until the next writer gets their hands on the franchise. Kyp is definitely the most under-used character in the Expanded Universe, simply because there is so MUCH they could do with him, and so much they completely don't. In my opinion, only Zekk comes close to be as ignored and underused. And I like them both--why do they always do this to me?

As for my favorite Kyp--well, I like them all, but I have to admit to a preference for the young Jedi version, sometime in between the Jedi Academy trilogy and the NJO. Something about that kind of transition stage just intrigues me, the contrast between the kid who grew up in the spice mines and the Jedi Knight.

10. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005

True. Thank the Force for fanfiction.

*nods* Oh yes. Thank the Force a million times.

What really interests me is how Kyp went from JAT to pre NJO, and to receive some form of military support (Kre'fey ships his x-wings at one point). I feel like he had many scuffles with NR intelligence.

Yeah, that's an interesting subject! It's like...we don't hear from him throughout the rest of the EU and then all of a sudden he pops up with a squadron and a reputation. Not that he didn't have a reputation from Carida, but.....

Same here. After you guys mentioned it, I tried to start it, but there is so much of it, and I don't have the patience to find the Kyp parts. Though I'm sure the rest of the fic is good...I want some Kyppie.

Heh. I'm about halfway through Legacy now, I think, but I have the same problem as you do. It's so hard for me to get through the parts without Kyp in it, and it's too troublesome to find those parts with him in it. Actually, I also have the same problem with the profic novels. Sometimes I don't by a book because it doesn't have Kyp in it. It's so hard for me to read the parts of any book without him. Though how I tolerate the Zahn stuff, I don't know.

I always get this strange feeling that there is this barrier between Kyp and Luke that they'll never be able to cross. Perhaps it's because for a long time, Kyp was Luke's star student, and he viewed Kyp with the eyes of someone foremost seeing the enormous first potentional.

*dances around* I now get to say an insight that only came to me because of YodaKenobi's fics! You're one hundred percent right, there is some sort of permanent barrier between Luke and Kyp. But there's something else about it as well. Both Luke and Kyp fell to the dark side, however, Luke completely overthrew his experience while Kyp integrated it in himself. In this way, they are two completely different people, and will....hold on a second. I can't finish that thought because I'm not making sense, but I will when I can clarify my thoughts. Anyway, if you read his fics you'll understand what I'm talking about. I hope.

One fic I'm working on is a Jainekk fic post TUQ. Most recent Jaina and Zekk fics are either AU to NJO or Dark Nest, or they magically assume that the mind meld disappeared (the easy way out ), and frankly, I'm a big fan of canon, so I want to see if I can build something for those two that acknowledges the fact that they are Joiners. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Jaina and Zekk have to suffer from the consequences of what could be an irrevocable bond.

Heh. As soon as I read Dark Nest I had a feeling that any fics revolving around taat trilogy would become AU. Glad to see you're up to the challenge of writing them as canon says. And yeah, that'll be interesting to see.

BTW, have you guys read Ars_Longa's By Any Other Name? It's a really great Kyp fic, and it provides a look at Kyp that's I've never seen before. That fic has become my first obsession.

Oh man! I've read in on FF.net and it is an amazing fic! But actually, I was first directed there for a Miko Reglia character study because I had asked (my first post ever too) if there were any books that featured him besides Vector Prime. That fic needs to be updated...or was the 8th part the last one?

Edit:Being in love with Kyp, I thought I'd show up here. I've only written him as a minor character so far, but he's definitely my favorite EU man!

Welcome to the thread!

It very much annoys me--but of course, they pretty much ignore Kyp except when they need plot twists and Han seems to be permanently out of character.

That's an interesting way to put it. It's true though.

But you can take comfort from the fact that whoever it is they will only stay together until the next writer gets their hands on the franchise.

[face_laugh][face_laugh]Good point!

Kyp is definitely the most under-used character in the Expanded Universe, simply because there is so MUCH they could do with him, a

11. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    You're right, I don't understand the thinking on this trilogy, Han and Jacen (consistant with the NJO)both seem to be in character, but that's about it. I can see Leia thinking she is more experienced than Saba gives her credit for, but she comes across as blantly arrogant. Don't get me started on Jaina and Zekk.
    I agree with Kyp being grossly under-used. He's only brought in to be an antagonist towards Luke within the Jedi, filling the role Corran used to have until he started "playing ball" with Luke's way of thinking. Kyp really needs to be a featured character in the upcoming nine book series, along with the Solo/Skywalker clan.

12. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    Ooooh, Kyp featured as a main character? =P~ You'd have to tear me away from that book. And I find it rather said that the professional writers are more frightened of writing their own creations than we are. Come on, people! Fear is a thing of the dark side! Get over yourselves and go for it--Kyp deserves more screentime!

13. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    I always get this strange feeling that there is this barrier between Kyp and Luke that they'll never be able to cross.

I have to disagree. Kyp's change after Dark Journey basically knocked down that barrier and when he and the others stood with Luke on Zonoma Sekot, I think it broke down completely.

As for the LOTF series I'm hoping Kyp has a big role. I actually see him directly under Luke leading the Jedi. Kenth Hamner is good but he lacks the passions. Cighal is too much of a healer, Tresina Lobi too quiet, and Corran is too perfect. Maybe when Luke's Grand Master Kyp will be given a leadership role underneath him.

Welcome Sakura.

Kyp is my fav too. I really only have one fic and some OC stuff but Jag is the main character in mine. Kyp is there too, as Jag's best friend. At the end, I'm kind of hoping to continue it and if I do it would be the OC I'm developing, that the fic is all about, Han and Kyp.

That's only if I can ever finish the next post. :p

14. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Wow. Stuff...happened while I was gone. :p

Lola- prefer them as friends, you all know that. And that friendship was solid and somehow Denning made it disappear. Cause let me tell you, the NJO Kyp, my Kyp, would not have let Jaina and Zekk be like that a year after they were tossed from Killik camp.

But then IMO neither would Han, hence my problem with the DN trilogy.
    Amen! And I would be perfectly content with a "just friends" thing if their relationship was actually there *fumes* :mad:

I'm sorry. Those books just burn my buttons and I get out of control. *takes deep breath*

But I'm fine now.
    *pants Lola on the back* We all know how you feel. You just let it out, sister.

Inara Same here. After you guys mentioned it, I tried to start it, but there is so much of it, and I don't have the patience to find the Kyp parts. Though I'm sure the rest of the fic is good...I want some Kyppie. I'll go try to find you my favorite post. It might take a while. Yeah, the whole thing is great, but the Kyp and Jacen parts are my favorite. Oh, and Valin. When I go back through and reread, those are the parts I read. :D [EDIT] Never mind. Here it is. It's actually not as powerful if you haven't read the whole thing, but it's still enjoyable. :D go here. There's this other post that's brilliant, where Kyp does things with the Force that no one has ever done. It's incredible, and just proves (to me, anyways) that he is indeed the most powerful non-Skywalker descended (and maybe period) Jedi alive (or maybe ever).

I always get this strange feeling that there is this barrier between Kyp and Luke that they'll never be able to cross. Perhaps it's because for a long time, Kyp was Luke's star student, and he viewed Kyp with the eyes of someone foremost seeing the enormous first potentional. It makes for interesting dynamics. I like Han and Kyp the best - there is something emotional satisfying for me, and sometimes, I find myself thinking that Kyp is Han's child more than his biological ones. But maybe that's just me. Hmmm...Maybe I agree. But I think Luke, and the Order, need Kyp, probably for the reason he gives in DJ: he's the callous that lets you know your boots don't fit. But I do agree about Han; I adore their relationship. It's so...believable. In another life, Luke and Kyp wouldn't have any sort of relationship at all, but no matter the universe, Han and Kyp would be friends. :)

BTW, have you guys read Ars_Longa's By Any Other Name? It's a really great Kyp fic, and it provides a look at Kyp that's I've never seen before. That fic has become my first obsession. Ugh! I feel so awful! Ars is one of my favorite, most devoted readers. I adore her. But I haven't got around to reading it and I feel so bad! I'm really hoping to next week when I'm off for Thanksgiving; I need a new obsession (like I don't have enough already!). ;)

Sakura- It very much annoys me--but of course, they pretty much ignore Kyp except when they need plot twists and Han seems to be permanently out of character. At least, that's my opinion. You are so right it isn't even funny.

Kyp is definitely the most under-used character in the Expanded Universe, simply because there is so MUCH they could do with him, and so much they completely don't. Everyone is so right in here! My fondest wish is that the Power That Be are reading this thread!

corellian_ale- I agree with Kyp being grossly under-used. He's only brought in to be an antagonist towards Luke within the Jedi, filling the role Corran used to have until he started "playing ball" with Luke's way of thinking. Kyp really needs to be a featured character in the upcoming nine book series, along with the Solo/Skywalker clan. Agreed. Maybe that means someone will Corran off now that we no longer need him? [face_praying]

sporky- but

15. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    corellian_ale: Han and Jacen (consistant with the NJO)both seem to be in character, but that's about it.

Actually, that's one of the things I liked about DN. Han finally seemed more like his OT self, and Jacen was himself also.

Sakura:Kyp featured as a main character? You'd have to tear me away from that book.

:D Me too!

Lola64:I actually see him directly under Luke leading the Jedi.

IMO, he makes the most sense as a secondary leader. He's certainly got the charisma and the passoion for it.

Tresina Lobi too quiet

I think maybe the only reason she's so quiet is because she's a minor character, and isn't used all that much. She has like, what, half a line or so in any book?

That's only if I can ever finish the next post.

You can do it! *puts on a cheerleader's outfit and cheers*

Jedi_Jaina_Durron: Wow. That made so much sense.

I'm so glad it did. And you're welcome.

And isn't YodaKenobi brilliant, too? He can inspire such insight!

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly with you on that.

16. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Yeah, but I doubt they'll ever make him into a central character. Even in LoTF, the most we can hope for is the amount of exposure he had in NJO.

Kyp's not even an antagonist anymore. :( Now he's Luke's supporter, at least in TUQ. It's annoying because this new Kyp, as fun as he is to read, is being pushy about the wrong reasons. He's no longer fighting about his stance so much as he is fighting for Luke. And his views on the Killiks keeps changing randomly (in one part of TUQ, he's as gungho as Jainekk about aiding the Killiks, but then later he supports assassinating Raynar).

The possibilities are endless. As soon as I'm finished with one of my WIPs, I'm starting on the fic I've titled "The Genesis of Kyp Durron," and it's all about Kyp post Darksaber till right before NJO.

Because he's the best writer ever.[:D] Every book he has written, I've gobbled up. TTT, HoT, SQ - for me, they are the very essence of Star Wars. I can't wait for Allegiance and for Outbound Flight. Though I think the other reason I like Zahn so much is because if ADORE Thrawn and the Chiss.

The reason could be that because Kyp is so complex, he can't be written extensively in a novel without taking over the entire book. In otherwords, he has to be intimately connected to the storyline, which I doubt Del Rey will do. A lot of people like Kyp, but a lot of people don't, and I don't think there is enough interest. Del Rey would probably say that Kyp had his ten minutes of fame in JAT. :_|

I think I should clarify what I said about Luke and Kyp. I think they are close, and when I said barrier, I didn't mean that they don't understand each other because they do. In fact, I think Kyp is one of the few people who views Luke honestly and vice versa. But I don't think there's that a high level of comfort in their relationship, like there's that tiny bit of formality as well as a complicated past relationship that keeps them from going bar hopping together. They're close and they respect each other highly; in fact, Kyp got into a fight with Corran to go rescue Luke, but I don't know if I'd call them friends like he and Han are friends. Luke can relate to Kyp in terms of his Jedi experiences, but Han can relate to Kyp in terms of personality and background. It's what I tried to hit upon in my fic.

I don't know if Corran is too perfect, but I would also like to see Kyp hold a leadership position. In fact, I think he and Kenth would balance each other really well. Kyp can be trusted to always look out for Jedi interests, he's charismatic, and he's pas

17. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Kyp fell to the fourth page. :_|

I was wondering, have any of you read the Kyp short story in Tales from the Republic?

18. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    Where is that? Did I miss something?

(sigh) Have to participate in this thread as soon as I have time, which, hopefully, might be the next week.

A.

19. Ars_longa

Mar 26, 2004
    It's not just you. Keep reading BAON. :)

A.

20. Ars_longa

Mar 26, 2004
    I now have it posted on LJ first - look at the link in my sig. I posted the last addition there fairly recently (didn't post it on FF.net yet) and the next one is 27 pages by now, but don't expect it sooner than around New Year. My betas are even busier than me, unfortunately. :( And thanks for the kind words. :)

A.

21. Ars_longa

Mar 26, 2004
    30s... no, don't think so. But, as I said before, I'm from different culture. I married at 20 and it wasn't considered an early marriage. But yes, Jaina is too young and immature for Kyp during the war; however, I think she'll catch up pretty quickly. I plan to hook her with Kyp at BAON about an year after TUF time - but, as you certainly know, in my fic there are lots of factors that will influence her personal growth that are sadly lacking in the books. :)

Um, actually, I did. I just can't remember if it was here or in our frequent brainstorming chats with Abby or Dana. But I definitely did. Don't count it as bragging, please. :)

A.

22. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    I love that book. Where else can we get a Garm BelIblis story, a Shada Dukal, a Mara Jade, two Fenig Nabon, one of them with Kyp, Harkness, Hal Horn? It's a whose who of mini fics.

I wonder what ever happened to Fenig Nabon. She could always come back into Kyp's life. I liked her. I especially liked when she called him a spoonbender.

23. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    I loved that story! I love that anthology in general, but I especially love the Kyp short story. Not only did it have Kyp in it, it had wonderful dialogue--"I guess they start 'em young out at Skywalker's ranch?" [face_laugh] I still remember that!

And Kyp and Fen were great. I keep hoping that she will reappear. The characterization of Kyp was good, too, for that stage in his life. He was very vulnerable, but still proud and tough and practical when it came to a crisis.

24. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    You know, I could swear that I had replied to this thread.:confused:

Inara:And his views on the Killiks keeps changing randomly (in one part of TUQ, he's as gungho as Jainekk about aiding the Killiks, but then later he supports assassinating Raynar).

Well, everyone's view about the Killiks changed that oftenit seemed. And anyway, Raynar deserves to be assassinated. He's such a jerk!

I'm starting on the fic I've titled "The Genesis of Kyp Durron," and it's all about Kyp post Darksaber till right before NJO.

*cheers* Can't wait.

Every book he has written, I've gobbled up. TTT, HoT, SQ - for me, they are the very essence of Star Wars.

I've read most of the books he's written also, and do agree he's a great writer, but...but...I hate how he doesn't seem to step in to the the larger world: he's stuck with the things that deal with Thrawn. But then again, it would be lovely to have him writing the Fels.

The reason could be that because Kyp is so complex, he can't be written extensively in a novel without taking over the entire book. In otherwords, he has to be intimately connected to the storyline, which I doubt Del Rey will do. A lot of people like Kyp, but a lot of people don't, and I don't think there is enough interest. Del Rey would probably say that Kyp had his ten minutes of fame in JAT.

Now that's just not fair! [face_pout]But that's a good point. Kyp really would need a whole book to have a more main part.

Kenth is more political and military minded, and he's good for maintaining external relations with people outside the Order.

*snickers* You got that right! Kyp seems to have alienated almost everyone that's not a Jedi.

I was wondering, have any of you read the Kyp short story in Tales from the Republic?

Yup! Loved them, particularly the Bel Iblis and Kyp ones. I was very disapointed when she just disapeared. I plan on pairing her up with Kyp in a fic in the fara future.

Ars_Longa:Where is that? Did I miss something?

Sanar is from Trickster_Jaina_Fel's Always series, and I can't seem to remember where Jacen and Fee are from.

I now have it posted on LJ first - look at the link in my sig.

*marches over to the site* Whoot! And no problem.

I married at 20 and it wasn't considered an early marriage.

*makes a face* Where I'm from, a lot of people would see 20 as an ideal age. Of course, but we generally don't get married to people ten years older than us.

25. Ars_longa

Mar 26, 2004
    Oh gosh. She's at least 20 years older than Kyp. That would require some explanations for sure...

Don't forget R&R... especially the second R. :)

Um, age difference is not a big deal in our culture, esp. if it's the man who is older. Anyway, if the average life span in SW universe is more than 120, then I don't think 14 years are more of a problem than 7 in ours (which is the age difference between me and my hubby).

A.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.