main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Rogue One Toys, Collectibles, Action Figures, etc.

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , Feb 3, 2016.

1. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  2. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Jyn figure looks nice and out of Rogue One I may buy figures of only Jyn and Donnie Yen character.

3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    What about the Deathtrooper?? U gotta get the Deathtrooper!!

whostheBossk and vncredleader like this.
  4. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    Stormie is Stormie whatever he is called. I also prefer unmasked characters. [face_sigh]

5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I see....

All igh then... it's
    ur loss!!

:p

nightangel and vncredleader like this.
  6. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I still can't believe they aren't releasing a Krennic figure with the first black series wave. The main villain usually sells like hot cakes.

7. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
  8. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    That's not the whole first wave... that's "vote for one"!

Tough choice... I'd love a Mara Jade, but I'd prefer a Mara Jade Skywalker, a version we've never got despite that version winning a previous 3.75" Fan's Choice poll (where Hasbro's SW director told the sculptors "Forget the vote, make whatever version of her you want")... but it'd also be fun to have a decent Jaina Solo figure. The 3.75" one was just Stass Allie with a new head & some retooling, giving Jaina a giraffe neck to accommodate her shawl, as I recall.

Not sure they'd do Rex justice at this point; Starkiller could only be an improvement over the 3.75" offerings (the one pictured, the dark-side version, had a teeny tiny little helmet-head smaller than the heads of the other two versions in the same set!)

Dengar'll get made eventually anyway. They've already made half of the ESB bounty hunters. Wasted poll slot.

Darth Talon might face the same 'controversy' as Slave Leia if she hangs around on pegs for over a year so some oversensitive parent can see her and get shocked by her revealing attire.

my kind of scum likes this.
  9. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Oops had the wrong link qued up (though now I wonder which link ended up in collecting?)
    First wave
    http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=18266

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Disappointed there's no Krennic in the first wave. I'll still get all of those on Force Friday.

whostheBossk likes this.
  11. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Wow, you guys in the USA are so lucky to have this Force Friday event... Whilst we in Malaysia have to make do with TFA and older SW merchandise, until the stuff for R1 makes their debut later this year (most likely in October or November)! :(

And this is in my wishlist, with regards to R1 merchandise:
    - Figurines for Jyn Urso, Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus, and maybe even that character played by Forrest Whittaker
    - As well as the awesome new vehicles to be introduced (including the updated AT-AT!)

12. BucMan-55

BucMan-55 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2004
    Kylo Ren?? Really. Unless Jyn or maybe the Death Trooper is the 2 pack in that case, the other will be the "Finn" of Rogue 1 black series.

13. weezer

May 16, 2001
    One of the collecting sites said they heard that Jyn will have a case of its own.

In other news, figures get revealed by Hasbro tomorrow at SDCC
    http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2016/07/21/sdcc-2016-rogue-one-figures-to-be-revealed-tomorrow/

14. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016

Please please please a 3.75" Pao Bistan and Saw

15. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    BucMan-55 "Kylo Ren?? Really. Unless Jyn or maybe the Death Trooper is the 2 pack in that case, the other will be the "Finn" of Rogue 1 black series. "

As someone who has never collected any toys could you explain this? I look at those collecting threads and some of the terminology and jokes are quite hard to understand.

16. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Each case (box) has six figures in it. If a wave or assortment only has five characters one gets packed in twice. In theory that should be the most popular character because you're probably going to sell more of it. The general complaint about Hasbro is that it seems like they have a hard time contemplating that, so the figure that gets two packed are figures that don't generate much interest, so the sit on the pegs and prevent more figures from getting put out.

whostheBossk and CrazyOldJedi like this.
  17. bleeedorange

bleeedorange Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 22, 2015
    Yakface just posted this on instagram [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Cantina Regular

May 24, 2016
  19. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Those are all definitely 6"

20. Cantina Regular

May 24, 2016
  21. BucMan-55

BucMan-55 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2004
    A few common terms in figure collecting:

Rare = obvious, less of this than the others

Shortpack = (Usually in the smaller figure cases) When cases have an even amount of most of the guys in the case(say 6 pairs meaning 12 total figures) but only one of a figure or two, they are called shortpack. Most famous was Princess Leia and Obi Wan back in 1995 during the relaunch of the SW action figures. The cases had 16 figures in each box but had 9 total figures in the line so 7x2 plus 1 plus 1 to get to 16.

Peg Warmer = Figures who don't sell well "keeping the pegs warm" for the other figures who do sell well, but don't last on the pegs(they get sold quick). Hoth Han was the first real pegwarmer from the relaunch line back in 95 and Lando was the shortpack of wave two .

The 6" TFA line featured Finn as the extra figure in it's cases when they came out last year. He wasn't as popular as Rey, Ren, Troopers, or even Chewie. If I were a toy company, the first figure I'd put a double in is the storm trooper or the main villain. This is why only Jyn or the Death Trooper should be the extra. I also expect K2S0 to not sell well at all. The character might be great, but the figure looks very bland. That to me means he'll probably be the extra.

BTW, unfortunately Hasbro can't help how much of what assortment stores purchase, so if they get behind after say a Force Friday, they tend to order up. That may be why there are so many Zuvio and Guavian Death Gang Members out there. They wanted to restock, so ordered up and that's what they were shipped by the warehouse. They don't sell, so they stop ordering and eventually have to clearance them out to move them. My local Target has about 10-12 6" Black Series on it's pegs right now. They've had those same 12 figures for the past two-three months. Finn, Zuvio, GDG, and Resistance Troopers.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  22. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
  23. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    hmmm, we will see, maybe if the price is good I may get a Deathtrooper. :p

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  24. bleeedorange

bleeedorange Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 22, 2015
    Looking forward to all the new goodies showcased today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    This Wave will be ordered as soon as it's available.