main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by the_chosen_two, Mar 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Got the ROTJ arcade game now. It turned out I was typing the "?" and "!" in the wrong order. [face_laugh]

Anyway; awesome game. I've been having a lot of fun with it.

2. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    Man, the endurance level is hard! I'm trying to earn a silver medal, but I can't get past wave 17. It sure is frustrating. Do anyone have any good tips on how to beat it?

3. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I don't know, I'm pretty bad at that myself.

Does anyone know if you can re-lock ships?

4. Lando_Bubrissian7

Lando_Bubrissian7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2004
    If you're talking about RSII's "Endurance", you can use your targeting computer to lock on your targets. To make the TC more effective you should pick up the advanced upgrade in the "Strike At The Core" mission (just before you enter the reactor chamber, under the pipes at the bottom right).

Anyways,

IT'S ABOUT TIME!!! They just released the ROTJ arcade code?! Well that's just peachy! :( Months ago my GC kicked the bucket. Well everyone that has one that's working enjoy playing the newly aquired arcade game (while your GC's still alive)! I think It's time I went B2R. AARRGGHHH!

5. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004

A good tip for endurance is to jump alot.

6. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    I've managed to earn a silver medal now. It was the only medal I lacked to get the Jedi Starfighter. I managed to reach wave 27 this time, even though you only need 23 to earn silver. But frankly, now that i've got the Jedi Starfighter, I'm not motivated enough to continue earning more medals. It's just not worth it. The only ship I don't have now is the TIE Hunter, and it's not that much of a deal anyways. It can't take anything compared to the rebel ships. Even the A-Wing is better.

7. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I bought this game last week, pre-owned, dirt cheap, along with Price of Persia: Sands of Time and Waverace BlueStorm,(What can I say, I've got enough good games and thought I'd move onto the mediocre).

Needless to say, I really should'nt have listened to all those bad reviews, the core-game engine is the same as ever, and the flight sections seem to be easier to control than the last game. The "on-foot" bits are good fun, they'd hardly make an excellent game on their own seeing as the controls/camera are rather clumsy, but they add a good sense of character and do a good job of guiding you through the action of the original trilogy, especially the exceptional "Escape from Hoth" Bonus Mission and the excellently paced, yet sadly relatively short Sarlacc Pit. The missions seem slightly easier, I managed to score 3 Golds, 7 Silvers and then the rest on Bronze on my first play through. For all those people who ever wanted Next-Gen Super Star Wars games, this delivers.

Multiplayer is a well drafted yet slightly clumsy affair, Dogfighting and Tag and Defend seem like good concepts, but they lack scope and playability, with Dogfighting being nothing more than a game of cat and mouse, ending with "who can lock on their torpedos first" game, with lasers being a weapon saved for humiliation, with Tag and Defend playing similarly poorly, except with bases, which one person will usually horde.
    Co-Op, Rampage and Special modes however really do shine; the first being a master-stroke, "Rogue Leader with 2 People", more enemies and a human teammate make the original game much more entertaining, it's just a shame that some of the better bonus missions are'nt unlocked from the get-go; the latter pair of extras, Rampage and Special are tremendous fun, destroy as much stuff as humanly possible in either fighters or walkers (walkers only feature in special), which rarely gets boring and features a wealth of different, customisable options, lots of levels and a great number of craft and unlockable craft to unleash hell, then Special rounds the package off with Trench-Run and Speeder-Bike racing. The trench run is biased towards the person choosing to just close their X-Foils and pelt down the trech in the X-Wing, however, the even playing field of the Speeder Chase is fantasticly well balanced, and an utter joy to play (again and again, usually).

If you see this cheap, don't hesitate, as far as Star Wars games go, this has some super-shiny polish and excelent levels of gameplay and playability.

8. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    I got the platinum medal (whatever you call the one above gold) first time on endurance on rebel strike.

9. momaw_nadon99

momaw_nadon99 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    This game rules!
    I have so far gotten 1 gold, 7 silver, and 7 bronze.
    The multiplayer rules if you set rules like no homing...

10. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    The game is alright. But, RS2 & 1 have a bit more of a challenge. Preety much, When I got the game afew days after it's release back in 03', I beat the WHOLE game within 20 days (Sans Beating endurance because endurance is SO easy too. & also unlocking the ROTJ arcade game, Obviously [face_laugh]).

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Quick question, as I don't have my copy handy at the moment- is the Slave 1 in the game the Boba or Jango color scheme? (and if it has both- I'm referring to whatever is in multiplayer).

12. Billy_Shears

Billy_Shears Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2002
    Whichever one it is (I think it has the color scheme of Jango's? I could be wrong) it flies nothing like the one in AOTC, in both multi and single player. It's slow, the only lasers come out of the bottom turrets, there's no missile launcher, and the sonic mines (which are pretty cool) come out of the front of the ship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.