main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion ROGUE SQUADRON - Patty Jenkins Film Potentially Back On

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by BadAcrobat, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Hey, maybe Applebee's will do a promotion for Rogue Squadron! Let's start a write-in campaign!

Darth__Lobot, Glitterstimm and EHT like this.
  2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I feel the need...the need to feed!
    [​IMG]

Darth__Lobot, EHT and Sarge like this.
  3. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    There’s a direct causal relationship between Lucasfilm not providing us any movie updates and this conversation happening.

4. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes, because "I feel the need...the need for more information about hypothetical film projects that LFL claims will be released at a theoretical later date in time. A claim that they have made before, despite the lack of films actually materializing" doesn't roll off the tongue quite as well. Especially when typing.

Darth__Lobot, EHT and Sarge like this.
  5. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I didn’t know that Applebees even had wings

I think I went there once when i was 10 or something

6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  7. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Yep, they're pretty good.

8. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    After watching Top Gun: Maverick (for the second time), It made me think that's pretty much how I want Rogue Squadron to be. Have a former New Republic pilot (either a Commander or Captain) that survived the destruction of the Hosnian system be tasked by ADMIRAL Wedge Antilles (Denis Lawson) and GENERAL Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac) with creating the new generation of Rogue Squadron and have them be tasked with eliminating the final vestiges of the First Order.

Heck you could even follow the Maverick model and have him be a decorated War veteran. Hell watching the movie I thought of Tycho Celchu as the main lead (Maverick/Tom Cruise) and Winter as his love interest (Penny Benjamin/Jennifer Connolly).

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
    clone commander bossk and Sarge like this.
  9. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    I always liked the idea of the lead character being the kid of one of the OG Rogue Squadron pilots who died at Hoth or something. Considering Jenkins' own father was a pilot who died in a training exercise, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the angle. Maybe the kid suggests the Rogue Squadron name once they decide to forgive and honor their father or whatever.

Also, if Wedge is in this, seeing as his pilot son dies in TROS (Snap Wexley), there could some surrogate father/kid story going on. They could do a similar thing with Poe, considering he seemed to be good friends with Snap.

Other random thought, but if there's some sort of recruitment aspect to this (ala X-Men First Class, Ocean's Eleven, etc), I'd love it if one of the pilots they seek out is a pod-racer pilot.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
    Sarge likes this.
  10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Say what???

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    He wasn’t really his son. He dated or started dating or thought about starting to date (I don’t really remember because the books sucked) his mom in the Aftermath trilogy and was a mentor for young Snap.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  12. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    He gave him the nickname Snap.

13. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Oh, if they're crazy enough to give out free tickets to Rogue Squadron I bet you'll find it more tempting than you can ever imagine =P~

All-American breakfasts, lunch, a cold Budweiser or signature cocktail, AND a free ticket to see Star Wars: Rogue Squadron :xwing:? It's easy to turn down a proposition like that when it's only hypothetical, much harder when it's right there on your phone, waiting for you to press the "place your order" button.

clone commander bossk and Sarge like this.
  14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Anything involving a Budweiser is easy to turn down.

Bor Mullet, starfish, EHT and 3 others like this.
  15. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015

This teaser trailer for me might just be the coolest trailer I've ever seen!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
    Sarge likes this.
  16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    ... yes, the same teaser that came out in December 2020. Thought this was something new at first.

TCF-1138 and PymParticles like this.
  17. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Sorry, just I had never seen it before.

EHT likes this.
  18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Oh OK... well, glad you got to see it now. And it would be cool if it does end up getting made.

19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    SURELY the producers are looking at the box office of Top Gun 2 and saying yes!

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I wouldn’t even mind if they just completely remade Top Gun 2 only with aliens and X-Wings. :p

21. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    It really doesn't. I have to eat less than mediocre food, pay $25 and go watch a movie that while I am sure is great, I have no burning desire to go watch?
    And all of that out of guilt so that I don't waste the free coupon? Man, none of that at all sounds good at all, let alone too good to be true :p

Based on that conversation in June, the only option now is a remake of Top Gun 2, only with Applebee's bantha steaks and chicken wings

22. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    They don’t show you how that day ended but right after Patty put on the flight suit and hopped in the X-wing she flew on over to Applebees and scarfed up some delicious appetizers, a full salad plus a cheeseburger entrée and then washed it down with a fruity signature cocktail. =P~

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
  23. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Iceman has to be a Wampa, right?

Blobofat likes this.
  24. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I'll go one better than the thread title:

'Definitely' Not Xmas 2023,

2Cleva likes this.
  25. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    XmAs of 2023 is going to be Avatar 3, not Star Wars.

chris hayes likes this.