main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion ROGUE SQUADRON - Patty Jenkins Film Potentially Back On

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by BadAcrobat, Dec 10, 2020.

1. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    When did that comic come out?

2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    A few years ago I think.

2Cleva likes this.
  3. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    It happens in Marvel's Star Wars Issue 52.

2Cleva likes this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  5. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Before we start dunking on the resume, let's remember that the highest profile efforts by two Rogue One writers were After Earth and Twilight: New Moon.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    That sounds interesting.

7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Never heard of him. What else did he write?

8. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Monster Trucks

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  9. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    He co-wrote the story for that movie, he didn’t write the screenplay. The most recent film he’s actually written was Love and Monsters, which was pretty well received.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, he passes with me for Love and Monsters.

11. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    So . . . this is basically another movie set during the rebellion against the Empire. It's amazing how Disney and Lucasfilm seem incapable of letting go of that story arc. And when they are not letting go of it, they are recreating it - the Sequel Trilogy, for example.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  12. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Mhm, or maybe it's the fans who can't let go, and Lucasfilm is just giving them what they want?
    People freaked out over the return of Boba Fett, and Luke Skywalker appearing in The Mandalorian. They also freaked out when it was announced that the big three would return for the ST. Maybe, just maybe, a ton of fans actually want to see that stuff. In fact, when Star Wars moved out of the comfort-zone of some people, they immediately started complaining, causing rather significant backlashes to the PT and ST.

And besides, why exactly wouldn't they also have further movies about the storyline that defines the entire saga in the first place?
    A franchise adding further details to the story that defines it is hardly unusual. You won't find many who jump to a completely different story, leaving this new storyline completely disconnected from the original one. It's not like this is the only project they are having either. The Acolyte clearly isn't about this period, and who knows what Taika Waititi's movie will be about.

You don't even know what this movie will be about, apart from probably including X-Wings, yet you already decided to complain anyway. The movie could just as well play after the ST and have nothing to do with Empire vs. Rebels. You basically trash Lucasfilm and Disney, not because they have done something, but because you made up a possible future in your head and decided that it must definately be true. How about waiting for something to happen, instead of accusing people of doing something they haven't even done yet?

Could this movie be about Empire vs. Rebels? Yes.
    Would that in any way define whether the movie is of good quality or not? No.
    Would it somehow mean that Lucasfilm is "incapble of letting go"? Sure as heck not. There is more than one project, and more than one interest among the public about what they want to see from Star Wars. Offering a whole bunch of projects that cover completely different things hardly constitutes clinging onto a specific storyline.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    Sarge likes this.
  13. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Also there is High Republic.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    No. It’s post-TROS for the 3720th time.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope all the standalone movies ate post tros, we have tv shows covering the other eras.i think they Will do trilogies for movies in distant past.

16. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Wasn’t that movie basically rewritten by Tony Gilroy pretty late into production?

ETA: I was hoping the guy who wrote Monster Trucks would get to write a Star Wars movie! This rules!

17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    All my favorite SW stories are from the classic Rebels v Empire period. I don't believe for a moment that the period is exhausted; there's a million possible stories to be told in that era. I'll be doing a happy dance if RS is set during the classic trilogy.

18. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    But what if future era of the galaxy really meant it was set in the past? Food for thought.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

That feels more Taikai's movie then.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    *cursor hovers above the ban button*
    [​IMG]

PymParticles and Sarge like this.
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    What if its in OT era but right after jedi, and shows last few months of the war, that small time has been covered, books and video games, maybe a movie too.

Sarge likes this.
  22. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I am semi excited as Monster Trucks was meh and Love and monsters while being ok 85% of it's runtime it had an awful stupid ending.

23. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Yeah maybe I'll be wrong but I imagine that it will be set during the OT, almost definitely not set after the ST. I know some people are convinced that it'll be set post-TROS and I feel like they're setting themselves up for disappointment. Yeah I've seen this business about a new era or a future era however they phrased it but I think that's just some bad phrasing that people are taking the wrong way. This is probably going to be an OT era side story.

Sarge likes this.
  24. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    In what universe does this say OT era? Please explain that one to me.

25. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Again...NEW GENERATION OF PILOTS! how does that scream OT era?

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.