main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion ROGUE SQUADRON - Patty Jenkins Film Potentially Back On

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by BadAcrobat, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Right as we know Snyder was responsible for everything right with Wonder Woman and Jenkins everything that’s wrong. Give me a ******* break. It’s the same with Kennedy and Star Wars. People like to blame her for things they don’t like and then give her no credit for things they do like. The truth is Jenkins made a movie you liked and then one you didn’t. Big deal. It happens. Get the **** over it. I have no reservations about her working on Star Wars. If I like the film great. If I don’t then oh well. It’s just a ******* movie.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Also zack snyder worked on both wonder women.

3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    C'mon, tell us how you really ******* feel. :) ;)

4. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I’m just ******* over it. Jenkins had nothing to do with Wonder Woman being good. The ******* director of the film had nothing to with the way the film turned out. It was all Zack ******* Snyder. I bet there’s a SnyderCut of Wonder Woman 1984 that’s ******* amazing too!

5. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    it’s not just a ******* movie

it’s ******* Rogue Squadron

:p

6. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
  7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
  8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'm still looking forward to RS, but I have to admit that WW84 added a dose of caution to my enthusiasm.

9. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I've still yet to see WW84.

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I haven't been bothered to see it after all the bad press around it.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    It’s really not that bad. It has some issues that the first one didn’t but overall I still enjoyed it quite a bit. Pedro is great too.

BigAl6ft6 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  12. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Oh, I'm definitely going to watch it. Never been one of those people to avoid something because others don't like it. I have a pretty big To-Watch list, though. I have to say, though, I'm not a fan of Jenkins' latest comments regarding movies made for streaming.

13. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Gotta love Snyder fans having the gall to ‘question her qualifications’ after she made a bad film…

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  14. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    WW84 is not that bad. Not as good as the first one, but still okay for one watch.

And ironically in a movie called Wonder Woman, the saving factor for me were the performances of the lead male characters played by Chris Pine and Pedro Pascal.

15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The director of Rogue Squadron's qualifications are being questioned because, uh, WW84 was bad.
    One of the writers of the new KOTOR game's qualifications are being questioned, uh, because, uh, she once joked that she liked Yoda Stories over KOTOR.
    Kathleen Kennedy (one of the most successful producers in Hollywood history)'s qualifications are being questioned because, uh, uh, uh, she once wore a t-shirt with a slogan on it.

I'm sure there's no pattern here.
    Nope.
    No pattern at all.

16. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    What are you talking about? There was a ton of bellyaching when Jon Favreau was hired for The Mandalorian over Iron Man 2, Cowboys vs. Aliens, and the soulless Lion King remake he had literally just released the same year Mando premiered!

Oh, wait. There wasn't. Never mind, carry on.

17. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I love those movies, but I agree completely with your point.

TCF-1138 and PymParticles like this.
  18. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    If you had to put the movie in the SW timeline , where would you guess its going to be. A %. From little I've read its 70% OT 30% ST. Maybe in between ANH & TESB like the game?

19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'd put it right smack in the Rebels vs Empire era, from R1 or a little earlier, up to RotJ and its immediate aftermath fighting Imperial remnants. I know a lot of fans say they're burned out on that era and its iconography, but to me, that is the living heart of SW.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  20. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    The era itself won't predetermine this film's popularity. This film's primary challenge is no different than those of TFA, R1 and Mando: invest the audience in a new set of characters. And this film's logline certainly implies that challenge:

The story will introduce a new generation of starfighter pilots as they earn their wings and risk their lives in a boundary-pushing, high-speed thrill-ride, and move the saga into the future era of the galaxy.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Pedro Pascal was my favourite thing about Wonder Woman 1984. I would be very happy if she brought him in here again. I mean there's nothing that explicitly states that Mando couldn't have had a brush with Rogue Squadron.

22. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean for the story itself sure but I do think you are underestimating the importance of Era in the initial sales pitch of a movie.

If you were to give me a movie where all I know is that one is set during the OT era and another is set 1000 years in the past...The one set in the ancient past is initially more interesting then the one set in the ANH era.

23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    My reaction is exactly the opposite of yours.

Corellia's Dream likes this.
  24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well there are always gonna be people who are different. But i'm honestly six of the OT era of this point.

25. DarthKegs

DarthKegs Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 21, 2019
    I love all era's of the SW universe but what I would like to see is a Star Wars movie set in the distant future from the OT. Maybe 300 or 400 years after the events of ROTJ. It would be interesting to see how the tech had moved on and if our heroes were still referred to as legends of the past and had any bearing on the events of the galaxy in those years that had passed.