main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion ROGUE SQUADRON - Patty Jenkins Film Potentially Back On

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by BadAcrobat, Dec 10, 2020.

1. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    He seems to do good work at times. Stargirl is very well written. Maybe he's not the lead on it though, but it is his concept.

2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Hey, if you don't like Jenkins in general then that's fair. Of course you'd be doubtful. That's how I feel about JJ. I just don't care for his filmmaking, so I usually groan when he's announced as a director.

My earlier post was just pointing out that Jenkins shouldn't be solely blamed for writing chores on WW84.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I don't if it will have anything to do with this movie, but first order remnants appear to be around post the battle of Exegol, like it was with Endor with Mnadalorian and books. So if it is ost episode IX, we could see it deal with the last remnants of the last wars.

4. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I mean, not that I doubt that there's at least some temporary First Order remnant presence, but we haven't seen any official post-TROS material, so we have no way to say it "appears" to be the case.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well we have non canon in case of holloween special lego star wars, so it's wether or not they'' use it.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Finally... we will finally see their Final Battle with some finality in a final film about this conflict.

7. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Get a new version of Tarkin, maybe a great grandson of Tarkin and he commands the last of the imperial force and legacy. It started with Tarkin and will end with Tarkin. The normal man who is really the people behind the creation of the empire.

9. Darthvader1975

Darthvader1975 Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2020
    Im really excited for this. Especially being post TROS. Newh eroes, new villains maybe some remnants of the FO etc. Add this to the Book Of Boba Fett, Mandalorian season 3 and other stuff and its an exciting time to be a fan.

So much possibility. Could be a link between the 9 films and a new trilogy.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  10. Darthvader1975

May 2, 2020
    Yeah 100 per cent agree with this.

People love making scapegoats out of people. They love having someone to blame if things dont go the way they want it to.

Im very optimistic that Rogue Squadron will be a great movie as Ive no reason not to. Id rather be positive then negative.

11. Darthvader1975

May 2, 2020
    Sorry for making another post but we could easily have cameos from the OT/ST in this.

Would be nice to have the falcon make an appearance and maybe have Jannah alongside Chewie if Lando actor Billy Dee isnt up for it. Why not?

Droids Threepio, artoo and BB-8 could also be a part of it and it would cool to see Tatooine, Coruscant, or any other movie planet make an appearance.

Plus old Wedge would be nice too.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Corucant deserved a comeback on the big screen, episode 9 was going to have it, hopefully this or other moives shows it again. Old man Wedge and Poe as instructors for new pilots.

13. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    In the years that the power was on Hosnian Prime and the other worlds it rotated too, Coruscant delved into infamy, criminal syndicates took over the vacuum left by the Empire. It would be a very different Coruscant than the one last seen at the end of the special edition of ROTJ, even the most affluent areas have fallen into decay.

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Liberation or purge of Corucant of the criminal element for a movie.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    @Darthvader1975 I appreciate your enthusiasm but please don’t stack posts like that. You can use the edit function if you’d like to add to your post or wait until someone else to reply to the thread before posting again. Thank you.

Darthvader1975 likes this.
  16. Darthvader1975

May 2, 2020
    Apologies

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  17. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I get not liking the second one - I was like, "How the heck am I bored when I get to watch Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman for 2 hours?" - but I was.

The first one though is fantastic and I continually revisit it. Let's hope Patty is able to capture some of *that* magic and that that is the filmmaker she is and just had a misstep (personally I don't want to see her take on Star Wars but at this point that seems like what we are getting, so I say hope for the best).

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    Sarge likes this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The bolded is at the heart of my dislike of most comic book films (and the aesthetic of Patty’s DC films). But Monster doesn’t look like that at all. So given that Star Wars has a totally different aesthetic than the MCU, I don’t see why Rogue Squadron should look like that. Coupled with the director’s personal connection to the material, I have hope for this one.

19. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    I can't help but wish this was set in the OT era... The ST era just doesn't do anything for me.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Nah the OT is already getting enough conetent, let the ST get some too.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  21. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    At the very least set things or create things in the ST era that are original to that era. Don't just keep copying the OT in the ST era. Sigh.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope more of these stanalone stories are post ST and creating more original stuff and makes it more lived in.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  23. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    The era between the prequels and originals is way overused

24. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Same here. If it were up to me, I'd have Rogue Squadron take place concurrently with ESB, showing the fallout of Battle of Hoth from a new perspective kind of like how R1 showed the story of ANH from a new perspective. Stories where the good guys are up against impossible odds work well for Star Wars.

25. Darthvader1975

May 2, 2020

She will certainly be the best looking director of the SW franchise. lol