main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue Squadron!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Dark_Sith_Alf, Nov 10, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Sith_Alf

Dark_Sith_Alf Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000
    The game is supposed to take place between ANH and TESB. I noticed that several levels though are same(except for the planets) as some of the missions in the Rogue Squadron books. First of all book two "Wedges Gamble" one mission has them attack an imperial moon base orbiting Kessel. Then game level 6 "The Jade Moon" attack an imperial moon base. It's not just those similarities, the book says you have to protect the commandos until they take over the base. The game says the same thing. Since Rogue Squadron books were created before the game it looks like they copied from the books. So some of the Star Wars Rogue Squadron books have good tips on how to beat some levels in the game. The same mission as the book just with different names.

2. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Well...yeah. It's a well known fact that they took the story from the books.

3. Dark_Sith_Alf

Aug 30, 2000
    On the level "Ambush At Mos Eisley" an interesting thing happens every once in a while on one of the videos. When Luke says "Mos Eisley is under attack. We need to assist." During the video with the tie bombers flying above Mos Eisley every once in a while the two of the three bombers on the right side of the screen will accidentily drop bombs on the third bomber. Kind of funny to watch and gives you one less enemy to kill.

4. Dark_Sith_Alf

Aug 30, 2000
    Dack: Whoa Commander you lost. You must be getting a little rusty.
    Luke: That's enough Dack.

5. Jade Skyhiker

Jade Skyhiker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    lol! =D
    I remember that... I guess Dack got his just desserts in ESB eh? (I'm such a meanie)

You're probably right about the books/RS reference. Hmm, I need to read those again...

6. Dark_Sith_Alf

Aug 30, 2000
    Luke: I feel guilty beating you guys. I used to make this run every day in my old T-16.

7. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    You'll also notice that though this is before ESB, they for some reason have already come up with the Walker leg tangle -- and they won't let you play the walker levels in any other ships. I think that you should be able to take it on in an X-wing, and just use a full complement of torps on it or something.

8. Dark_Sith_Alf

Aug 30, 2000
    If you get Gold on all levels you can use any ship you want on any level you want. So you can use the Y-wing on "Defection at Correllia" and bomb the AT-AT.

9. Darth Jared: Sith Lord

Darth Jared: Sith Lord Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 1999
    Actually, you can't. You can't do it on speeder levels or on the Death Star trench. But that would be nice though.

10. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    WOOOOOHOOOOOO! I just got all golds today!!!! Now all i have left is Hoth, and i have a silver on that. YAY!

~Sithy~
    in honor of Sky!

11. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Wow, pretty cool. I can't get all gold in the N64 version, it's extremely hard. I only need 3 or 4 more though. Fest, Sullust, Mon Cal, and maybe somewhere else. Of course I haven't played it in a year or so.

12. Dark_Sith_Alf

Aug 30, 2000
    Y-wing at Correlia must be a game glitch.

When I played the game levels for the first time I never stopped playing a level until I got that Gold medal.

13. howlrunner22

howlrunner22 Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 1998
    Y-Wing at Correlia? Where's the fun in that? I'd rather stay in my snowspeeder and crash and burn. =)

14. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    YIPEEEEEE!!!!!!! I just got a gold on Hoth today!!!!!! YAY! Now i can use all ships on ALL levels except the speeder-only levels. YAY!!!!!!!!!

For you all who have done what i did by getting all golds, play Battle of Calamaria with Y-wing and boost ahead of your TONS wingmen then drop 3 or 4 bombs on them. *evil grin*, i sank about 5 or 6 into the ocean depths. Heh heh heh.

~Sithy~
    in honor of Sky!

15. Jade Skyhiker

Jan 3, 2000
    evil

=P
    I only had RS for a week. I only got 4 golds or something. Bad. I got most silver but I just couldn't get a hang of the N64 controls..

16. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    I've got it on PC.... Consoles (to take the words of Sky), are poopy. =D

~Sithy~
    in honor of Sky!

17. Jade Skyhiker

Jan 3, 2000
    Awwww, another reference to me. Warm & fuzzy feelings =D

I still think getting golds with the N64 on certain levels are goshdarn impossible

18. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    me got all the golds last year
    it heap big fun to play tiefighter use cockpit view, so when you crash, you get spinny

19. Jar Jar Fett

Jar Jar Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2000
    So you guys like Rogue Squadron, eh?

http://cube.ign.com/news/23965.html

Check out the new Rouge Squadron 2 demo clip. You haven't played nuthin' yet...

20. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, they took the time to model the entire Death Star but they didn't think to add a scene of the Death Star blowing up!

"Don't do anything foolish, like running off to Dagobah."

21. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yeah JarJar, i saw those, oh, about 4 months ago. :-D Thanks anyway, i hope everyone else can view them.

BTW, whoever is playing the gameplay movie suuuuuure is trigger-happy. lol.

~Sithman~

22. Dark_Sith_Alf

Aug 30, 2000
    About using the Y-wing on Correlia and speeder levels, I said that because I had a friend who said it was that he had gotten all gold and that he was able to use Y-wing on Corellia, and a speeder on Tatooine. I think he really just got all gold and thought he could use any ship anywhere in the game but he really said that before he actually checked the game level. I apologize to the nation.

Here's something fun to do. On Kyle II when you get flying above the sensor array, 3 of your wingmates will usually be flying low to the ground near the sensor array. If you drop your bombs right above them they'll all be caught in the blast so you can get be rid of your annoying wingmates. It's fun!

23. Dark_Sith_Alf

Aug 30, 2000
    Rogue Squadron game quotes. Someone says a quote from a level, the next person says which game level and charachter the quote was from. I'll start things off.

"It's an ambush I don't know where they came from"

24. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Believe it or not I didn't see that gameplay footage until today. Judging from the ships and amount of them, I'd say Yavin, but judging by the DS architecture, it looks like this game starts at endor...so will we be seeing some of the missions with PLourr, Dllr, and all of them?

25. Dark_Sith_Alf

Aug 30, 2000
    Actually I was referring specifically only to quotes from the Rogue Squadron game. Since this topic is devoted to the Rogue Squadron game. Only 1 level in the Rogue Squadron game is after ROTJ qith wedge as the commander. Obviously "The Battle of Mon Calamari". So. Is anyone going to solve which level and which pilot the Rogue Squadron quote was from?

"It's an ambush I don't know where they came from"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.