main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Role Playing 101

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Syrix_Kahl, Mar 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    IC:
    Kera looked over at Dire Wolf. He obviously didn't trust the Rodian. She removed her jacket, tying it around her waist, but keeping her path to her blaster open. Kera felt her eyes adjust to the dark and they narrowed, ready for whatever was at the bottom of the staircase.

2. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    IC:
    Fel's Apartment

After reading the datapad while eyeing the man, Fel lowered his blaster. "Ok I trust you for know. So what da ya want?" Fel asked Garen.

Tag Syrix

3. MrJango

MrJango Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2002
    Jimb-Oh stood still for a while, examining the fantastic mechanism of Kols light saber flashlight stone.

the gungan understood that. "you havnt seen one of these before, master Jimb-Oh?"

Jimb-Oh shook his head. "No, never. Its really an extraordinary design. Did you incorporate that stone into it yourself?"

"you should know, master jimb-Oh, that all real jedi build their own light sabers. It would be a disgrase if i had someone else help me!"

Jimb-Oh sensed a bit of irritation in the gungans mind, he was clearly offended by the question. "Im sorry, master Kol, it was a dumb question. lets go now."

"Yes, lets continue."

led by kols light, the two jedi travelled through the corridor searching for signs of unusual activity. when they had gone a couple of hundred meters kols light suddenly went out.

"What happened?" Jimb-Oh asked.

he could hear clicking sounds from the gungan mixturing with the light saber.

"This has never happened before!" Kol suddenly exclaimed. "The crystal fuse must have gone out!"

"Can you fix it?"

before Kol could answer, they heard a scrammling sound of a metal object hitting the ground.

"Whatsa Thaat!!!" kol half-screamed.

"Sssch,keep quiet!" this was the first time Jimb-Oh had heard kol use his native tounge. he was obviuosly so stressed by the situation that he forgot how to speak his otherwise good basic. "what do you think that was?"

"I have no idea," kol had gotten back to normal basic. "We better check it out!"

without kols light to help them, the two jedi started making their way through the corridor, towards the sound.

TAG Syrix

4. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    MrJango - Okay, I'm going to change one thing from your post. The rock glows naturally, it's not powered in any way. I didn't make that clear before. My mistake.

However, it still goes out - which is probably even more reason for concern. ;)

--
    Using the wall as a guide you soon see a light further down the corrider as it curves around. It can't be very much further, as you can now see well enough.

You notice a small object on the floor.

5. MrJango

MrJango Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2002
    OOC: Syrix, can i make up what the object is myself or do you have a plan for it?

6. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    MrJango - I've got a plan for it. It's a droid control unit thingy. Grr.. I can't think of the right name. You know, not the things that the jawas attach to C-3P0 and R2, but the receptor unit thngy that controls them.

Whatever. It's one of those control unit things.

:D

7. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    OOC: Syrix, can you reply to my post? Thanks.

8. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Fel - Sorry, here you go:

--
    Garen: "I don't want anything. I'm here as your contact with the organisation. I can just wait here for you if you like. or did you want me to tag along?"

9. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    OOC:
    Hey, Syrix, whenever you have time, can you update what's going on with my character and Mitth's? There's no rush, I'll be around.

~Inyri

10. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Inyri and Mitth - Sorry for taking so long. Been caught up with working out new rules for the game and plenty of work for uni. Anyway...

--
    You reach the bottom of the stairs. Before you is a large smokey room. It's dimly lit, but through the smoke you notice a few occupied tables. Some card game seems to be being played at a number of them, and the corners of the room seemed to be filled with private conversations. You pass through the room into a much more open area. This room has much larger gaming tables and a bar running along the back wall. You are led over to a corner booth. Someone occupies the far seat. The rodian motions for you to make yourselves comfortable and then heads over to a table. The man opposite you extends his hand,

"Cigarette?"

11. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    OOC:
    No problem.

IC:
    Kera gave him a smile, "Thank you, but no. I'm fine for the moment." She leaned against the back of the seat. "Nice place. What drinks are decent here?"

12. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    IC:
    Fel's Apartment

"Do you know how he looks like. If you do then follow me, were going to the Holonet cafe in 3:8," says Fel. He opens the door and waits for Garen to follow him.

13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Mitth takes one of the offered cigarettes and lights it, but barely puffs on it. "I would prefer to skip the pleasantries and get right to business. I am assuming you brought us down here not to chat or play cards, but something else more important. Am I correct?"

14. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    IC:
    Kera raised an eyebrow, surprised. Well, Dire Wolf certainly was blunt. That could have it's plusses. "What my partner is trying to say is that we were under the impression that you may be interested in speaking with us," Kera flashed the man a slightly flirtatious smile.

Edit=corrected grammar

15. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    So sorry

I've had mid-term tests and a stack of assignments for uni. Plus I've been taking steps to finish off those news rules :)

Anyway,

Fel - Garen: "Right then. Let's not stick around." He gets up out of the chair and follows you out the door.

Inyri and Mitth -

You hear a slight chuckle from the shadows.

"Ah, it is indeed refreshing to know that there are still people who prefer to bypass the bull**** and get down to business. But first, the lady would like a drink, yes?"

The man clicks his fingers, it's not exactly what you'd call a flamboyant gesture, however within seconds a suited thug arrives athe the table. The man in the corner turns to Kera,

"What would you like to drink?"

While you make your order, another man approaches the table. You suspect that if he had a codename, it would be Mr. Black. His suit, shirt and tiw are all black, his hair, neatly slicked back, is a jet black and his glasses seem to be absorbing the light around them. You also can't help but notice a commlink attached to his left ear, and a slight bulge on the left side of his suit jacket. He hands a folder to the man in the corner.

MrJango Continue as before.

Gay-Len and DA we are awaiting a response from Gay-Len...

16. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    Fel's Apartment

"Good follow me," said Fel as he left down through the broken steps of the stairs and walls. Once they were outside Fel called an airtaxi to take them to the Holonet Cafe in Sector 3, Area 8.

Tag Syrix

17. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    IC:
    Kera decided she liked these people. This whole place was more her speed. She expressed her thanks for the drink and nursed it, reclining in the booth. "Alright, now we can talk."

18. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    OOC:
    Is this thread dying? Where did everyone go?

~Inyri

19. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    I'm sorry I'm not replying as quickly, but creating new rules takes time. If everyone wishes really hard and clicks their heels together three times, then I can probably get the new rules up and start allowing new players to join by the end of next week - probably earlier if I click my heels too :D

I know DA is still waiting for Gay-Len to make up her mind, but I have no idea what has happened to MrJango...

Anyway, now that you've got my attention, I've a few questions to ask to everybody who is either playing currently, or wants to play in the near future:

1) Would you rather start your characters right from Level 1, or a little higher, like level 5 say. The only really difference being that the obstacles thrown at you will be harder the more powerful your character is.

2) Well, I don't think there is a number 2. I was pretty sure I had a couple of questions, but I think it will better to wait until I've got all my information sorted out.

--
    Inyri and Mitth - The shadowed man speaks,

"So, you two wish to gain the confidence of the Black Heart gang so as to take it down from the inside? (OOC: At this point, is anybody else reminded of a quote from Mallrats: "Bickity Bam! It falls apart like the fricken Death Star!" well, I'm not quite sure if that's correct, and Jay certainly wouldn't use "fricken", but you get the idea... Anyway, I digress..)

Don't look surprised. There is little that happens in this city that I don't know about. People will tell you that knowledge is power. I can tell you now, they're wrong. Knowledge is money - pure and simple. Money, in turn, can get you power, but it's not quite as straight forward.

I can help you, if you can help me. I don't want credits. However, a certain member of the Black Heart, a Tandroshan named Tok Aruk, has a little something of mine - and I'd like it back. You'll know it when you see it: it's a small black cube. That's all you need to know. Just return it to me and I'll consider it payment for this information.

20. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    IC:
    What information? That the rich are better off? That's not exactly news. Kera continued to calmly sip her drink, not showing any emotion, yet feeling irritated. Finally finishing the beverage, she set it on the table. "You're going to have to supply more information then 'Money is Power' if you want us to consider your deal. I don't do things without large monitary benefits, if you catch my drift." She began to pull on her jacket. "So, how much does your little black box matter to you?"

She hated these fringe games. Oh, to be normal...Kera pushed down her bitterness. The last thing she needed now would be to have Dire Wolf overhear her say something unprofessional and whiney. Those thoughts would be forced to remain in her head.

21. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Inyri and Mitth

The shadowed man tapped the folder. By the way he spoke you could just tell he was grinning to himself,

"The information you require is in here. I prefer to carry out all my business on paper - it helps me to keep my identity. Perhpas you would like to have a look?"

He opens the folder and passes a few sheers of paper to you before closing the folder again.

Each piece of paper contains an image with a small description underneath. They are mostly of people entering or exiting buildings. However one has obviously been taken inside a building. The description for that particular image reads:

Fey'ana, Tok, Areth and Pikee.

The four figures are seated around a table. You can clearly see Fey'ana, Tok and Pikee, however Areth is seated in front of the camera, and you can only see his (or her?) back.

The shadowed man decides that you've had ample time to peruse his wares,

"There's more of those, much more detailed, as well as floor plans, entrance passes for you, and your two friends, passwords, everything you need."

He paused, letting the full extent of what he had to offer sink in.

"Do we have a deal?"

22. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Ah..this reminds me so much like Baulder's Gate: Dark Alliance and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty for PS2.

How can we be so certain he won't sell us out to the Black Hearts? Mitth thought and leaned back in his seat, his hand with the cig resting on the edge of the table and the other one hidden underneath where he can grab one of his knives quickly if he needed too.

I suppose it doesn't hurt to obtain the box for him. He'll most likely reveal his deceit at the point where we meet Tok or return the box to him.

"Since you say Knowledge is Money which leads to Power, then how do I know that you won't sell this knowledge, us, to the Black Hearts?" Mitth tilts his head to the side questioningly. "After all, any information that keeps the Black Hearts on the streets longer is quite profitable to you and useful to them.

"And don't say that you won't because you want that box. I need assurance, hard rock assurance that you won't sell us out to them before or after the box is back in your hands."

Mitth folds his arms across his chest and looks hard at the man.

23. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    IC:
    "How do any of us know that we won't be sold out by anyone else?" Kera asked Dire Wolf. She looked at the man. "I'll get you the box, in exchange for the rest of that folder. If I get it sooner, maybe you can get me an alternate persona who'd be able to meet up with these people." She waved her hand towards the holo. "You know, as a bonus."

24. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Inyri and Mitth -

The man chuckled to himself,

"You assume too much, Chiss. I want the Black Heart off the streets as much as the CPF. They are bad for business. They do not conduct themselves as the rest of us do. You have my word that I will not sell you out. If you cannot rely on my word, then I cannot rely on you."

He turns to Kera,

"It is good to hear that you will be accepting after all. He slides the folder across the table. Everything you require is in there. I will see you again soon, I hope."

The man leans back into the corner. You get the impression that he's not going to say anything else.

25. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Mitth is surprised to hear his species name said from a human of the Galaxy Proper, but he kept that astonishment to himself. He just hoped Kera did not pick up on it, he'd hate to half to admit and answer any questions she might have.

"Pardon for being cautious." Mitth muttered to himself and turned to Kera. "Let's get out of here and find Tok, get that man his box and get this job overwith." He stood and put out his cigerette then pocketed the remains in a cargo pocket of his pants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.