main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga ROMANTIC RESPITE (Han & Leia on Bespin-From The Empire Strikes Back)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hopefulwriter, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Writer: Hopefulwriter
    Rating: PG for everyone
    Setting: Han & Leia's room on Bespin (The Empire Strikes Back)

ROMANTIC RESPITE (Han and Leia on Bespin - From the Empire Strikes Back)

A trio of footfalls on the shiny, immaculately polished floor of Bespin echoed through the

corridor as Lando, Han and Leia made their way past the curious side stares of techs and

workers on their way to the suite of rooms Lando had offered them.

“You are the last person I’d ever thought I see again.” Lando told Han as he slid

another glance at Leia. “Guess this means you’ve run out of hiding places.”

“You could say that.” Han admitted. “But I want to keep Leia safe.

“Let me guess.” Lando began, throwing a fold of his cape back over his shoulder. “From

the Empire.”

Han gave a hard glance at his friend. “How do you know about the Empire?”

“Word gets out here.” Lando replied as he indicated a turn to the residential

rooms in the complex.

Stopping at an ornately carved ivory door…Lando announced. “Here are your

quarters. I’ve planned a nice dinner for you at 11 hours…that will give you 5 hours

to rest and refresh yourself. Lando turned to Leia, lifted her hand for another gentle

kiss, then with a swish of his cape, the suave, handsome, dark man left.

As Han opened the door, Leia mused. “Now that‘s a gentleman.

Han retorted, closing the door behind them. “That’s a scoundrel.”

Both took a moment to look around the accommodations.

“Wow!” Han said viewing the rooms. “I don’t see how he could have gotten all this

legitimately.”

Plush couches, chaise lounges and chairs populated the large, dimly lit main room.

Fluffy, colorful, floor pillows were scattered around and a full, rare Akaia Bark covered

beverage center stood in the corner.

“Lot of interesting looking places here.” Han teased, raising his eyebrows at Leia.

She ignored the insinuation…. “Your friend sure takes himself seriously.”

“That’s about all he takes seriously.” Han replied in his deadpan manner. He still

silently wondered why the friend he’d hoodwinked years ago was so welcoming now.

“You’re skeptical about everything and everyone aren’t you.” Leia said moving to one of

the three side doors, opening and peeking in.”

“Keeps me alive that way.” Han told her honestly as he looking into another room; a

closet.

Leia looked at Han as she shut the door. “Lavatory.”

Han opened the last door… “Ummm….” Looking suggestively at Leia… ‘Bedroom.”

Leia rolled her eyes.

A knock at the door kept her from making a reply. They glanced at one another.

Han walked to the door, a hand posed over his blaster, and upon opening, found a female

server, her arms filled with towels and clothes. “These are for you.”

Leia moved to the door and accepted the bundle.

“There’s more.” The server stated as she turned to the cart behind her, then handed

the Corellian a large, beautifully woven basket filled with fruit and other edibles, finally

handing him a large bottle of ale, then turned to leave.

Han looked at the label on the bottle as he boot closed and then locked the door. It read:

‘Sarlinian Special’. Han gave a laugh.

“He remembered what I like. Hope it’s not poisoned.”

Leia was looking through the bundle she’d laid on the reclining couch. “There’s towels

and even an outfit for me. Now I won’t have to stay in these clothes.” She continued

to look through the remaining items and said to Han. “There’s no clothes here for you.”

“He doesn’t like me.” Han replied picking up an orange, square odacova fruit and taking ]

a noisy bite as he plopped down on the couch.

“I’m going to take a bath.” Leia told him as she gathered up the towels. “You can go

next.” She stopped at the lavatory door… “I won’t be long.”

While Leia was showering, Han poked around the room, looking into nooks, drawers

and behind draperies.

At the sound of the lavatory door opening he turned and saw Leia as she emerged wearing

a lavender robe, a towel wrapped around her hair.

“Alright, next.” She announced.

Han threw the core of the fruit into a trash bin and unbuckling his blaster belt,

he turned to Leia, “Keep this close by.” then walked through the lavatory door.

Leia seated herself on the couch and continued to towel dry her hair. She could hear

the shower starting…something flipped in her heart…this was like a domestic setting…

a couple sharing a room together. She shook her head, willing the image to leave her

mind.

Her hair dry, she ran her fingers through the tangles to comb as best as could be done

and began plaiting it…Han emerged from the lavatory completely dressed again. After

donning his weapon, he took a seat in front of Leia and watched her actions for a

moment.

“Don’t plait your hair.” Han said huskily.

Leia stopped… “What?”

“I said don’t plait your hair. I like it down.”

“Well, it isn’t very practical.”

“You can do it later.”

Leia gave a slight shrug… “Alright.” Why was she doing what he requested?…..he had

no hold on her. But he did……..her heart told her.

Han rose to sit beside her and took a strand in his hand, threading it through his fingers as he spoke.

“I don’t feel completely safe here, but this may be all the quite time we’ll have together.”

He said, inching his face closer, slipping a strong arm behind her.

Leia’s heart did another tumble, his breath fanning across her lips like a warm caress.

She looked deep into his hazel eyes..as if trying to look into his very soul. Then lifted a

finger to trace the scar on his chin. Han remained quiet and let her explore. After a

moment, he could tell she was experiencing the same emotions…feelings…needs

he was.

With no resistance, Han took her arms and lifted her from the couch. Moving together,

they approached the bedroom.

Han left Leia with this thought as he closed the door behind them. “This is where you’ll be glad

I’m a scoundrel.”

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    But he is a sweet, caring, thoughtful and playful scoundrel! @};-

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweetly lovely missing scene. Totally happened LOL [face_love]

amidalachick likes this.
  4. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Azure, nice to hear from you. Appreciate you taking time to read.
    That he is! Lynda V.

5. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, Thank you for taking your time to read. Always value
    your comments and critique. Lynda V.

6. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I'm with @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha here, I don't care what anyone says this happened and is canon! Also, I just love Leia here--not liking her hair down cause it's not practical, yes! [face_love]

7. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi gizkaspice, thank you for taking your time to read. I appreciate your comments.
    I like to 'fill in' what are unseen scenes to myself. Just my point of view. Love writing
    Han and Leia stories. Lynda V.

gizkaspice and amidalachick like this.
  8. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Add me to the "this is canon and totally happened" list! [face_love]

Your Han/Leia is perfection and I loved this fic so much. [face_love]=D=

9. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi 'Chick'....Thank you for taking your time to read ROMANTIC RESPITE. Your comments are appreciated.
    You are so generous. Lynda V.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.