main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Room for Me - Dear Diary challenge response - updated 5/8 - Han Solo/OC

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    HeeHee! This is so good! I love how you have them interacting in the gallery.

Well done! =D=

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Love how she got distracted discussing her passion of art. :D :D

And that meant he understood me.

I was in trouble.

Or, more precisely, he was in trouble.

I?ve never let anything stand in the way of my goals.

Never.

I guess we'll be seeing just how much he gets her? [face_mischief]

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Love this so far!! Ynna is wonderful. Everything she says about Han... I can so relate. =P~ [face_love]

She's right: underneath his whatev demeanor, he's totally sincere; and if he gets to liking and respecting, and being attracted, lands!! you're the luckiest lady alive. You can't snare a truer love. Except for Lukie-boo, of course. ;) :D
    Could I have PM's for this? :) :)

4. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    W00t, I have not posted in here yet?
    *whacks herself*

It's such a sweet story. Ynna certainly got herself into trouble:D
    And Han being lost in the gallery under a bunch of ladies. *lol* He deserves some rescuing.
    Of course, now you got me rather interested in those pictures.

Pm me when you update?[face_batting]

5. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005

Just found this and love it. What is it about dangerous guys and those smiles?

Could I get a PM when you update?@};-

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    PonyTricks Me either. And everyone should have a goal. ;)

alhana_antilles I ended up really liking her, even though it's incredibly difficult to picture Han with ANYONE else. :p

talkingbanana I'm not artistic, but I really admire those who are. And so it seemed a good fit, Han falling in love with an artist. :)

Arwen_Djo Thanks! I figure it would take a tough woman to put up with Han, especially after having his heart broken. :_|

verybusy She's a woman who knows what she wants. [face_batting]

Golden_Jedi I think Han "goes with his gut" a lot, and sometimes that's how art is - a punch to our guts that we have to respond to.

Blue_Milkshake Me, too! :D

Jade_Pilot Thank you! [:D]

Healer_Leona Maybe. [face_whistling]

Jade_eyes Sure! And thanks for reading!

MsLanna
    I will, and glad you enjoyed! :)

Lea-El They steal our hearts. [face_love] And I'll add you to the PM list.

[b]#4[/b]

Okay, so he?s cute.

That?s no surprise. After all, I?ve seen his image on the holos since I was a teenager. He knows he?s cute. That?s the problem. But for all his ?I?ll do what I want? attitude, he?s got a core of values buried beneath the rogue?s exterior. There are certain boundaries he?s set for himself, they just aren?t always the one society says he should have.

Case in point.

We went out for drinks after the show. We talked for a long time because the drinks were good and the music was mellow and pleasant. He has a surprisingly sharp mind for a smuggler. To be honest, I?ve always thought of Han Solo as someone who got by on charm and good luck, but there?s a sharp mind behind that lazy grin.

Okay, back to my point. I tend to get distracted when I think about his smile. We?re talking and he finally gets around to asking how old I am. Without thinking, I answered and glanced up at the band because I liked the song.

Finally, I noticed it?s been quiet for a while and I looked at him. He was pale and sweaty and tugging at his collar. ?What?s wrong?? I ask, wondering if he?s going to be sick. Maybe he [i]can?t[/i] hold his liquor, despite his bad boy reputation.

?Uh?? He cleared his throat and winced. ?You?re kinda young, aren?t you?? Who would have thought a smuggler, famous across the galaxy for his daring and his casual respect for the rules, would have a problem with my age? And besides, what?s fourteen years got to do with anything?

?Maybe you?re just kind of old,? I retorted, stung by his comment.

?Hey!? He didn?t like that, one bit. Maybe he realized how it felt to have something as silly as a number thrown back in his face.

Gods, I hated it when people told me I was too young. I had traveled alone to Coruscant when I was sixteen to make my way as an artist. My father had begged me not to, but my mom had taken one look into my eyes and shrugged.

?You won?t stop her by fighting it, Styros,? she told my father. ?Give the girl some credits, make sure she can reach us if she needs us, and give her our blessing.? She understood, knew it was something I [i]had[/i] to do. And if I fell flat on my face then at least I had tried.

For nine years, I?ve been pretty much on my own and that?s the way I liked it. Who was [i]he[/i] to tell me I was kind of young?

?I?m not old,? he grumbled, sounding a lot like a petulant little boy.

Laughing, I reached out and touched the lines fanning out from his eyes. ?No,? I agreed. ?You?re just well aged, like the very best whisky.?

?That?s stupid,? he muttered, but his expression was smug.

?Smooth and fiery,? I whispered as I moved in for the kill. I let my lips lightly touch his and felt a shock run through me.

I?ve been kissed before. I?ve lusted. But I?ve never felt like my whole body tingled with awareness from one simple kiss.

Bemused, I pulled back and I could see that he was a little bit dazed himself. He blinked at me and then a slow, naughty grin appeared. ?You are trouble, little girl,

7. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    FIRST POST! Girl this was so naughty and nice! ;)

Okay, so he?s cute.

Ah-huh...and the sooner you get past that, the better. He's way too cute!

To be honest, I?ve always thought of Han Solo as someone who got by on charm and good luck, but there?s a sharp mind behind that lazy grin.

Nice characterizations here. :)

Okay, back to my point. I tend to get distracted when I think about his smile.

Not unlike a certain Alderaanian Princess!

Finally, I noticed it?s been quiet for a while and I looked at him. He was pale and sweaty and tugging at his collar. ?What?s wrong?? I ask, wondering if he?s going to be sick. Maybe he can?t hold his liquor, despite his bad boy reputation.

That's just too funny! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Laughing, I reached out and touched the lines fanning out from his eyes. ?No,? I agreed. ?You?re just well aged, like the very best whisky.?

?That?s stupid,? he muttered, but his expression was smug.

Oh, she's a player all right!

I?ve been kissed before. I?ve lusted. But I?ve never felt like my whole body tingled with awareness from one simple kiss.

Bemused, I pulled back and I could see that he was a little bit dazed himself. He blinked at me and then a slow, naughty grin appeared. ?You are trouble, little girl,? he told me.

?Glad you noticed,? I said and raised my glass in a toast.

Wow! She's such a good match for him. Hmmmm....wonder what went wrong! Great update Vadey.

Bravo! =D=

8. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    That 'little girl' is obviously someone Han needs to help him recover from his loss. Although, by reading the FIRST story, that recovery takes a long, long time!

9. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    As a testament to how *real* Han is - I can completely see the look on his face after that remark.

10. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005

Amen. :D

Yes, she's definitely trouble!

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

Thanks for the Pm. :D Hee!! Ynna sure knows Han's number doesn't she? :D Good looks, charm, luck, and a sharp mind. Smooth and fiery. :) [face_dancing]
    She can definitely keep up with him verbally, even pass him up at the sparring. :D :D
    And the kiss at the end... Woohoo!! woot!! fireworks! [face_love] :)

12. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    It's to early in the morning for math problems but I never new sixteen and nine made fourteen. Oooooh! She is trouble!

Loved it, more please!

13. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Just to clarify...

Ynna has been on her own since she was sixteen. She's not sixteen now. I checked Han's age, and this takes place two years after the events of The Courtship of Princess Leia. That makes him about 39 and Ynna about 25. :) Just so everyone knows that Han isn't being naughty and trying to put the moves on a teenager. [face_shame_on_you]

14. Arin_Atona

Jul 10, 2004
    Fixed [face_mischief]

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    But for all his ?I?ll do what I want? attitude, he?s got a core of values buried beneath the rogue?s exterior. There are certain boundaries he?s set for himself, they just aren?t always the one society says he should have.

Aren't there always? lol

?You are trouble, little girl,? he told me.

?Glad you noticed,? I said and raised my glass in a toast.

Oh yeah!! [face_batting] [face_batting] Is it warm in here??

16. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    *fans self* Whoa! She is trouble, but the good kind. :*

17. Arwen_Djo

Arwen_Djo Jedi Master star 3

Jul 3, 2006
    Hmmm... going in over our heads, are we?

Good post.

18. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Jade_Pilot I couldn't picture Han with a timid little miss. :p

PonyTricks It's not an overnight thing, that's for sure. ;)

Arin_Atona I really wanted him to be himself, even in this different reality.

Golden_Jedi I don't think Han knows the danger he's in. [face_mischief]

Jade_eyes Fireworks indeed, and from a simple kiss. =P~

Lea-El Well, they're not QUITE that young. :p As I said, about 39 for him and 25 for her.

Arin_Atona QFT [face_devil]

Healer_Leona Ynna and Han would agree that it is quite warm indeed! :D

Blue_Milkshake She'll give him a run for his credits, that's for sure. :p

Arwen_Djo But only in a good way. [face_batting]

[b]#5[/b]

It took him a few days to get in touch with me. I had expected nothing less. Playing it cool, I suppose. That was fine with me. I needed time to process that devastating kiss anyway. Sometimes when I thought about it, my lips tingled again. It?s rather disconcerting.

His message, when it came, was classic Solo:

[i]Hey Little Girl,

Want to get together sometime? Let?s grab some dinner.

Han[/i]

That was it.

Of course I wanted to have dinner with him. I wanted to have a lot more than dinner with him. But Han Solo had never had a hard time finding a date, I was sure. The question was could I stand to have my heart broken?

I knew he could do it. He was already halfway there.

I knew I was in trouble because when he called me ?Little Girl? I didn?t feel an overwhelming urge to punch him in the face. That told me how far gone I was already.

It really wasn?t fair. I meet this guy and I like him. A lot more than I wanted to. Not only is he handsome and charming and everything I liked in a guy, but he?s famous to boot. Or is he more infamous than famous? Who cares?

Trying to play it cool myself, I waited until the next day to accept his rather vague invitation. I tried to ignore the fact that I wanted to send him a message that said something along the lines of:

[i]Dear Han,

Not only would I like to have dinner with you, I?d like to have your baby. Think we could work on that?

Ynna[/i]

Instead, I sent back something more appropriate.

[i]Dear Han,

Dinner would be nice. I like this little Corellian place called ?The Gambit.? I hope that?s okay with you. Once you decide on a night, let me know and I?ll check my schedule.

It was nice talking with you the other night.

Ynna[/i]

All in all, I?m rather pleased with my reply. It keeps things casual and light and hopefully lets him know right away that I wasn?t going to be bowled over by his charm. He didn?t need to know I was already a goner.

A girl has to have some secrets.

19. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    Little girl Yep! she's a gonner![face_blush]

She could have asked if he was on the menu.:D

Sorry my brain couldn't do math.

Love the story.

Hey I got first post!

20. Arin_Atona

Jul 10, 2004
    Pfft. That's going to last long. :rolleyes:

We shall see, though. :)

21. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Yeah! Another update. :D

Loved the 'note' where she said she wanted to work on having his baby! That one might have sent Han running the opposite direction, so I'm sure she did the right thing by sending a different reply. :p

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    ROFL! Ynna's actual reply was more suited I think ;) casual and light indeed. :D The one she wanted to send was a bit much. :D Whee! Things are moving right along. :) Still bowled over at how much I'm enjoying this. :) ;)

23. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Dear Han,

Not only would I like to have dinner with you, I?d like to have your baby. Think we could work on that?

Ynna

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

She's a good sabaac player too, right?;)

24. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Dear Han,

Ynna

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Get in line, girlfriend!

Great job Vadey! =D=

25. furrylittlebantha

furrylittlebantha Jedi Master star 3

Dec 2, 2005
    Total awwwwwww moment and at the same time incredibly heart-breaking, as I am a firm L/M shipper: he calls her Little Girl.

Awwwwwwwww!

Almost you persuadeth me to believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.