main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Rostu's Renegades: Return with the Jedi

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by The Loyal Imperial, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Badlands, Moorja
    The Brubb's repulsorcraft turned and accelerated toward the large rock sheltering the Republic soldiers, pelted by a shower of slugs as it approached. The pilot was unperturbed by this development, as he was no longer even aboard.

Knowing that his next pass would expose his back to a counterattack by Republic survivors, he had instead decided to abandon the attack platform and his present mission entirely, in favor of personal survival. As the pod had slowed down to make its turn, he had dropped off the back and hit the ground running.

A pair of speeder bikes had somehow ended up a ways away from the engagement - if he could just stay low and get to one, he could make his escape while the enemy was still stunned...

TAG: UnknownRogue, tjace, Trieste, JEDIGUNSHIP

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Napp
    Moorja Badlands[i/]

The enemy hovercraft was coming around for another pass. Napp could see the craft as it turned around to make another pass at the group of Renegades. With the craft?s shielding, it would be extremely difficult to stop it. Normal blaster fire didn?t seem to be working, and he wasn?t about to throw a grenade at it if there wasn?t a decent chance at success of damaging the craft in any way. So, he sat and pondered his next move; the others seemed to be preoccupied with the craft, so he might as well help them finish it off. Maybe if he flanked it, he could snipe the sniper from the back, as it seemed to not be protected on that side.

It was at this point that he saw the Brubb pilot, who he guessed had been the sniper who had shot him in the arm, flee towards one of the abandoned speeders. None of the other Renegades seemed to notice that he was making a break for it. What kind of mercenary was he, anyways? They never ran unless the odds were stacked against them; what did he know that the Renegades didn?t? Was it true that he was the last remaining hostile? If so, Napp couldn?t allow him to escape unharmed. If the Brubb blew the Renegades? cover, there would be more enemy forces on the horizon, and then none of them would make it out alive. Self-preservation in this instance meant fighting, and Napp realized that he was in a good position to get a good look at the fleeing sniper.

The sniper was out of blaster pistol range, so Napp knew that he needed something more long-range. Pulling the DC-15 blaster rifle out of its sling on his back, he lay down on his belly on the purple landscape, aiming in the direction of the pilot. It was going to be hard to nail him while running at full speed, so it would probably be prudent to try firing a warning shot in the area in front of him. Maybe he would then expose himself more as a target, perhaps drawing his own weapon to fire back. Napp fired several shots in the direction of the sniper, the blue bolts streaking across the purple backdrop. With a little luck, he would nail the enemy and clear the area of hostiles.

TAG: Everyone

3. UnknownRogue

UnknownRogue Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2008
    IC: Bo Yinko

Lika was moving behind the repulsorcraft, her six legs churned at about half speed, while she was a wyrwulf, she was sentient, knew what a repulsorcraft was and knew she could not get into it herself. A few moments later an opportunity presented itself. The prey abandoned its craft and was moving for a pair of speeder bikes.

Lika's mouth water and she kicked into high. She pumped her legs as fast as they would go, covering 50 meters in no time.
    RUN! She willed herself, pouring on more speed.

She was fiercely protective of her older brother, must have been instincts.

Finally 3 meters away she dove in, getting low to the ground she attack from the ground, aiming to take a vicious bite out of the prey's knee.

TAG: Renegades and GM

4. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Badlands, Moorja
    The wyrwulf's fangs sunk into the sniper's armor-clad leg, but failed to penetrate flesh. The sudden impact sent him tumbling forward, and what had been intended as a warning shot instead became a lethal blow when the blue bolt slammed into the side of his helmet, killing the Brubb instantly.

TAG: UnknownRogue, tjace, Trieste, JEDIGUNSHIP, Loocem

5. Loocem

Loocem Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2011
    IC: Octro Bazak

Octro watched the last mercenary go down. He hoped it was the last, as he was about to try and regroup. Octro tried his speeder. It was dead, the fall from that high had not been as kind to the speeder as it had to Octro. It was fine, the girl wasn't large and he would probably be able to ride with her. He just hoped he could bluff his way through the cowardly flight he took. The Rodian hobbled quickly back to the others who were picking themselves up as well it seemed. Octro arrived, forcing a grin.

"I guess my plan worked, eh? I couldn't think of a proper distraction to peel off one of the mercs at first, but then it came to me and I took off. I hope you all realised I wasn't actually peeling out on you, that's why I said at the end 'I sure hope I don't get chased by anyone.' I suppose Rodian's aren't good at conveying sarcasm as well as some of you are. Anyhow, anyone need medical attention?" Octro was born a liar, as most Rodian's were, but he was not sure even his skills could convince most of these. "So, Tattoo, sorry about somewhat usurping your leadership and putting my plan into action without asking. But I guess that's just trusting my troop, eh? After all we are just a bunch of Renegades, right?" Octro laughed.

TAG: Renegades

6. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Moorja Badlands

Napp?s blaster bolts streaked across the purple landscape, their blue bolts promising to bring major pain to whatever they came in contact with. What had been intended as a few warning shots turned into much more than that, but not by Napp?s doing. Right before firing, the dog-like creature that belonged to the four-armed man had caught up to the fleeing sniper, biting his leg and causing him to stumble forwards. This put him right in the path of the blaster bolts, which ripped through his helmet and killed him instantly.

Napp breathed a sigh of relief. For now, it was all over; he had survived. However, this was going to be the easy part. Who knew what dangers awaited in the coming hours for the Renegades? The others had proven their worth so far, but he was still not sure if they were totally capable of completing the mission. An important task for them would be to never let their guard down; Napp was angry at himself for forgetting this simple guideline, but the others were equally at fault for the mistake. Unless they could all fix that flaw, it could lead them into trouble.

He stood up and slung the rifle over his back where it belonged. Maybe he would have to paint the kill onto its barrel; bounty hunters were proud beings, and they did their job with pride. If it meant showing off a little, he might do it. But not now; the mission was still on. He looked at the others, still somewhat deaf from the Flash-Bang grenade. Could they hear him? ?Where?s that coward Rodian of ours? I want to give him a piece of my mind for leaving us without backup like that.?

He was answered when the Rodian medic came up to the rest of the team, hobbling. It was ironic that a medic would end up in such bad shape himself. "I guess my plan worked, eh? I couldn't think of a proper distraction to peel off one of the mercs at first, but then it came to me and I took off. I hope you all realised I wasn't actually peeling out on you, that's why I said at the end 'I sure hope I don't get chased by anyone.' I suppose Rodian's aren't good at conveying sarcasm as well as some of you are. Anyhow, anyone need medical attention?" he asked. Napp gave him a glare; this guy needed to get his act together if he wanted to live. "So, Tattoo, sorry about somewhat usurping your leadership and putting my plan into action without asking. But I guess that's just trusting my troop, eh? After all we are just a bunch of Renegades, right?" He laughed when saying this. Sure, it would keep the Rodian happy to think he was such a comedian, but Napp wasn?t so pleased. It had nothing to do with the leadership bit; what it had to do was with the abandoning of his comrades while under fire. No one ever did that on a real military team.

?Look, Medic,? Napp said gruffly. He was glad the Rodian had patched up his arm, but his other act was inexcusable. ?If you?re going to be a part of this team, you need to understand one important thing. You never, ever, EVER abandon the rest of your team unless we give you permission to do so. From the look of it, you almost got yourself killed. You?re the most important person on this team, and we need a combat medic if we want to survive this. Getting yourself killed doing something foolish won?t do any of us any good.? He turned to the rest of the team. ?I would say that we were caught unawares there. My first act as Team leader is order that we stay on the move. We can?t trust anything on this planet, especially without sensors to guide us. The Major gave us an objective; we can?t afford to have too many more firefights like this.? He was angry, there was no denying it. But the others were going to have to agree with him; Rostu had given them instructions to reach the city in one piece. In order to do that, they would have to keep a low profile.

7. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    IC: Jai Hespera
    Moorja Badlands

Slowly, the effects of the grenade wore off. The mercenaries had been defeated, but the squad was much more banged up than Jai had expected. Of course, she hadn?t expected to walk into an ambush, either. They needed to optimize information gathering. She stood up, checked her rifle for damage, then slung it across her back.

The Rodian rejoined them. "I guess my plan worked, eh? I couldn't think of a proper distraction to peel off one of the mercs at first, but then it came to me and I took off. I hope you all realised I wasn't actually peeling out on you, that's why I said at the end 'I sure hope I don't get chased by anyone.' I suppose Rodian's aren't good at conveying sarcasm as well as some of you are. Anyhow, anyone need medical attention? So, Tattoo, sorry about somewhat usurping your leadership and putting my plan into action without asking. But I guess that's just trusting my troop, eh? After all we are just a bunch of Renegades, right?"

Unbelievable. Not only was the humor terrible, but he had the gall to lie to their faces about running out on them. He was quickly losing his status as an asset, and there was only one other known quality. She would watch him.

The Feeorin that had been dubbed ?Tattoo? was equally displeased. After he finished chewing out the runaway, he addressed the whole squad. ?I would say that we were caught unawares there. My first act as Team leader is order that we stay on the move. We can?t trust anything on this planet, especially without sensors to guide us. The Major gave us an objective; we can?t afford to have too many more firefights like this.?

Jai spoke up. ?I agree that we need to stay mobile and out of sight. What is the status of our speeder bikes? Also, if we still intend on following the disguise plan, we should check on the mercs? armor. I doubt there is enough salvageable for all of us.?

8. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Corporal Talnar

Talnar wasn?t about to point out that she?d been the one to stop them, getting all of them into that mess. It probably wouldn?t endear her to Napp, the most injured of the bunch. Far better to focus on moving forward.

?Agreed. We better hope they didn?t have long range communication capabilities. I?m guessing their sniper called out position in to the others. I don?t believe in coincidence on the battlefield,? Talnar said as she came out from cover, all threats neutralized, ?Either way, let?s be quick. I?ll check these over here, see what we can salvage.? The Khil indicated the two mercenaries that had landed their repulsorcraft and then been eliminated. One she?d shot through the chest (which did cause her chest to swell with some satisfaction), but the other had been taken out by the Brubb?though Talnar didn?t know that. In fact, as she slung her rifle onto her back, she assumed the merc was dead. Talnar was more concerned with whether or not the mercenary was going to have anything she could use to at least cover her Republican armor. After all, she needed a disguise the most out of anyone. Talnar was pretty sure everyone would agree that was an objective fact.

Actually?just how different were her companions? attire from that of the Separtists, Talnar wondered as she bent over the mercenary the Brubb had caromed into.

Tag: TLI/BobaMatt

9. Loocem

Jul 25, 2011

Octro took the large man's words with ease. He put a disheartened, hurt look on his face, however, to try and convey how disappointed in himself he was. Tattoo had simply repremanded him. No consequences. Octro thought he had done pretty well. He had completely bombed out on his crew, and didn't really face too much for it. He knew that he couldn't speak up too much here in the next day or two, it wouldn't roll over well with the others. Hopefully he could 'redeem' himself later in this mission. For now he would just sit back and listen to the others.

TAG: (Purely aesthetics here)

10. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Badlands, Moorja
    The purple camouflaged armor was badly damaged, the impact having completely shattered one side, and the corresponding portion of the unfortunate mercenary's skeleton was in similar condition. In appearance, what parts remained intact did not seem all that dissimilar from the plastoid armor worn by the Grand Army's clone troopers: the material a cheaper and thinner relative, perhaps. The short and squarish helmet was almost entirely undamaged, however, and more significantly was linked to its fellows by a short-range comlink.

TAG: Trieste

11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Moorja Badlands

Napp didn?t think the Rodian was too concerned about the chewing out he had just received, and this worried him a little. Sure, others he had worked with hadn?t exactly been trustworthy, but at least they did their job well. This was a different scenario, another chance for a true renegade in the bunch of misfits to really screw up, and thus cost the team dearly. He would have to keep an eye on this ruffian; he may be a medic, and maybe he was indebted to him somewhat for the patch-up job on his arm, but he still didn?t feel comfortable with the Rodian around. Something just didn?t seem right with him and his attitude.

The sniper broke his train of thought. ?I agree that we need to stay mobile and out of sight. What is the status of our speeder bikes? Also, if we still intend on following the disguise plan, we should check on the mercs? armor. I doubt there is enough salvageable for all of us.?

Napp looked around at where he thought the bikes would be. Some of them looked salvageable, others . . . less so. At least one was gone, the victim of a vicious collision and subsequent fireball with a merc craft. There wouldn?t be enough for all of them, unless some shared their speeder with another team member. At least Napp wouldn?t have to; he was too large for someone else to be able to tag along.

The Khil woman spoke up next. ?Agreed. We better hope they didn?t have long range communication capabilities. I?m guessing their sniper called out position in to the others. I don?t believe in coincidence on the battlefield. Either way, let?s be quick. I?ll check these over here, see what we can salvage.? Napp knew that this was exactly what the Major wanted. Even though he didn?t really see eye-to-eye with Rostu, he knew that getting some armor was important. Without it, the team would be at risk of being detected by enemy forces. Even with it there would be a high likelihood that their cover would be blown, but maybe they could prolong that a little with this stolen armor.

As the group proceeded over to where the two mercenaries lay dead, one from a shot wound and the other from being run over, Napp remembered that there were two enemy craft unaccounted for. He spied a makeshift bulwark from this position; maybe that was where they were? Running over to the structure, he pulled aside the covering, exposing two o the enemy craft to the purple landscape. ?I think we have another option to the speeder bikes!? he shouted to the rest of the group. With any luck, having these two craft would make up for the lost or damaged speeder bikes. Also, it would maintain their cover more, because undoubtedly these craft were recognized by enemy forces. If the pilots were careful with how they piloted the craft, they might be able to get through the enemy line undetected. It would be a gamble, but at least then they would have some covering fire if they needed to make a hasty retreat. As he looked at the controls, he could tell the main ones from the not-so-important ones instantly. All these craft would need would be a few slight modifications and a good pilot, and they would be ready to go.

The only issue Napp had with the plan was the armor scavenging. Only three mercenaries lay dead in the area, one of them definitely too small for his armor to fit the bulky Feeorin. He would probably have to do with a makeshift chestplate and have to rely on cover to stay alive. It would be a gamble, but unfortunately the enemy hadn?t provided much armor in his size. He would have to make do for now until more could be obtained.

12. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    OOC: Inventory post! So you don't need to comb the battlefield for their gear post-by-post. Feel free to take their weapons (or just the ammo packs): they're all in good condition (standard blaster rifles, and a sniper rifle).

Moorja, Badlands
    Two suits of armor lay entombed beneath their deceased owners' repulsorcraft, damaged heavily in the back and the front from the fatal slugs. Unless heavy equipment was brought in, retrieving them would be impossible.

The Brubb sniper's helmet was a complete write-off, but the rest of his armor was almost completely untouched, except for a small pair of fang marks in his legplate: unnoticeable unless one was looking for them. Slightly more inconveniencing was the armor's size: from helmet to toe, it measured only a meter and a half.

The armor belonging to the first mercenary to die in the engagement was in a similar state: the back was covered in scratches due to the hard fall from the moving repulsorcraft, but the only real significant damage was to his helmet, from when the slug had passed straight through his faceplate.

The last suit of armor had suffered obvious damage to its chestplate, where a pair of slugs had penetrated. The rest of the suit and the helmet were entirely undamaged, however.

Though most of the mercenaries' repulsorcraft had suffered extensive damage or been completely destroyed, the Republic soldiers had lost only one speeder bike in the engagement, to an out-of-control attack platform. Any gear that had still been attached to the speeder was completely obliterated in the explosion.

13. Loocem

Jul 25, 2011

Octro spied the sniper rifle left by the one who had hit Tattoo. "Hey, Snipes," Octro said to his teammate, "You need that rifle? I am no master in the art, but I can take a good shot every now and again, and with my side as broken as it is, I'll need to stay back as much as I can. You can have first priority on the ammo, but the rifle doesn't look any better than yours."

Octro knew that the others didn't trust him, but they would still have to rely on him as a team member to some degree. Everything Octro said was true, too. He wasn't a great shot, but he could line one up for a surprise assault just as good as she could. He just couldn't move as fast to a target in the heat of battle. He really didn't see any reason she would object, but he was still uneasy as he showed the rifle too her.

TAG: Tjace

14. UnknownRogue

UnknownRogue Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2008
    IC: Bo Yinko

Yinko sat with his back against his rocky cover. The last of the mercenaries had been dealt with but his head still throbbed slightly. Lika came up and sat next to him, laying her head in his lap. He smiled lightly and scratched behind her ears. Yinko looked up, the others were coming back together now, getting things in order. He rose and once again, orbited the group, they all knew what had to be done, there was no sense in him repeating what had already been said.

Yinko squatted down with Lika, examining the debris from the exploded, run away repulsorcraft. Aside from a few shards of metal that, in a tight spot, would serve well as a knife there was nothing salvageable. Lika suddenly growled softly. The Rodian was a few meters away examining a sniper rifle. Yinko had some unfinished business. The Codru-Ji rose and walked over to the Rodian. He freed his leaf-bladed hunting spear from his back and slowly, deliberately pointed it at the Rodian's throat.
    "If you ever desert this team again, Coward, I will kill you myself." Yinko said in a deadly calm voice.

TAG: GM, Renegades

15. Loocem

Jul 25, 2011

The Insect fellow with the dog girl came up to him, putting a knife to Octro's throat he said, "If you ever desert this team again, Coward, I will kill you myself." Octro had to hold back a smile. He had worked for the Hutts before. This rabble rouser wasn't very threatening to Octro, but instead he tried to put on a fearing face and forced a large gulp. "Yes sir," he squealed out, trembling, "It won't happen again."

Octro wasn't threatened by the soldier at all, mostly because for one, Octro wasn't about to be deserting again, and two, even if he did, Octro would be gone, how could this dim witted ruffian kill him? If he could somehow manage to get away from whatever Octro was running from, there was no way he would be able to catch the Rodian. It would never be worth the effort for the man and his pup to kill Octro.

TAG: UnkownRogue

16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010

Why these mercs were using blaster tech with the ion storms was beyond Talnar. Maybe they had reserves, but there was a reason she?d left her standard issue at home for this one. Those ion storms presented a dangerously high risk to the tech as far as the Corporal was concerned. She didn?t want to be in the middle of a fire fight staring down the barrel of someone else?s slugthrower when her blaster rifle went dead. She passed on the ammunition and armor. It wasn?t going to do her any good.

The armor?that was a different story. In examining the merc?s helmet, she found it was pretty much untouched and that it held a commlink inside. Helmets and Khil didn?t get along that well considering how they squeezed face tendrils that were kind of important for minor tasks like breathing. You know, nothing too critical but a nice thing to keep going. She put her hand over the comm..

?Comm in here,? Talnar said, ?Could be broadcasting.? She tossed the helmet to Hespera, who seemed like her head would be the best fit for the helmet. ?Might be able to pick up some useful intel.?

In scouring the other dead mercs, Talnar found that their armor was similar to her own. In fact, the trade off between the two was negligible. There was only one set that was going to fit her, though?that of the first dead merc.

?Guys, if we don?t want me waltzing into a Seppy-controlled city with a giant target on my chest, I?m gonna have to take this one,? Talnar said, ?The rest of you are all freelancers, maybe you can pass yourself off as new recruits or something, but that ain?t gonna fly with me. I don?t think they?re gonna believe I just stole this armor off some poor sap. I mean, I can?t just ride??

And this was when Talnar finally realized that she didn?t have a speeder bike anymore. ?Well that?s not good?? she murmured.

?I think we have another option to the speeder bikes!? Napp shouted.

Talnar went over to inspect them with the Feeorin. ?That?s good,? she said, but upon closer inspection she was somewhat skeptical of his claim, ?Are you sure? They seem pretty damaged to me. I mean we could fix them, but I don?t think we?ve got the time?? she was going to finish with something like ?captain,? ?major,? ?colonel,? something like that, but just then remembered that Napp was none of those things. She just let the statement hang in the air.

Tag: JEDI, tjace, UR, Loocem (all of you mainly for permission to take the armor)

17. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Badlands, Moorja
    The distant rumble of thunder rolled across the badlands. Dark clouds on the horizon briefly flashed bright blue, illuminated by lightning. Meteorologists on both sides of the battlefield hurried to try and discern the course the storm would take.

18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Moorja Badlands

The Khil woman was certainly demanding, that was for sure. She claimed the armor of one of the dead mercs, without letting anyone else claim pieces of it. Napp would do the same himself, but it bothered him when someone else tried to do that to him. Not like the armor would fit him, though; he would probably end up being the ?new recruit? of the bunch when they hit the city. That would go over well; although he looked like a decent soldier, who knew what the Seps in their stronghold would think. Surely a well-armed Feeorin would not just join them spontaneously . . . but there was no other choice.

The Khil came over to the bulwark where Napp was standing. ?That?s good,? she said, but then frowned. "Are you sure? They seem pretty damaged to me. I mean we could fix them, but I don?t think we?ve got the time?? The controls didn?t look that damaged to Napp, but maybe they were a bit small for him to grasp. She was in the military, so she probably had a good eye for these kinds of things. However, if these craft didn?t work, what exactly were they going to do? They couldn?t just walk into town on foot and expect a warm welcome. They might be broken, but it was all they had. Two of the speeder bikes were completely gone; they were beyond repair or even salvage. It was walk and risk getting into more firefights, or take a chance on these craft in case they proved their worth as transports. If they failed, well, then they were in no worse shape than they already were.

?Look . . . corporal,? Napp said, taking a pause in between these two words. He hated to admit her rank, but he didn?t know her name, and she probably wouldn?t be too happy to be referred to as ?you?, so he had to use her rank. ?These craft may be the only way. We are missing two speeder bikes at the moment, and if we can?t find any more craft around here to transport us into the city, we?re in deep trouble. Staying out in the open, especially on foot, is suicidal. If we don?t take a better look at these craft, we?re going to have to double up on some of the other bikes, and that may end up with deadly consequences if they just give way while going at high speed.?

It was here that Napp noticed a storm brewing over the badlands. The rumble of thunder was unmistakable; this was going to be bad. It was probably an ion storm, not unexpected but very inconvenient. ?Hm,? Napp said. ?We?re not going anywhere if that storm comes this way. This complicates things.?

TAG: Trieste, Renegades

19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010

The rumble of thunder caused Talnar to look up and spy the oncoming clouds. An ion storm. She?d been wondering when the first of these would hit.

?Well, when it?s got to work, it?s got to work,? Talnar said, swinging onto the repulsorcraft and surveying the controls. She wasn?t happy about it, but he had a point. That storm wasn?t going to give them much time if it was headed their way. They?d need to get moving?and fast. ?Maybe we can get one or two working. I?m no mechanic though. Maybe it?ll be just enough to get us to our contact?and lend us some credibility with the locals if they?re not familiar with the former owners.?

With hesitation she extended one finger to see if the engines would start up and pressed a button, hoping that Napp was right. And that the thing wouldn?t explode either.

Tag: TLI/BobaMatt

20. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Badlands, Moorja
    The repulsorcraft instantly hummed to life in response, undamaged and fully functional.

TAG: Trieste

21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Moorja badlands

?Well, when it?s got to work, it?s got to work,? the Khil corporal said, boarding one of the captured craft. ?Maybe we can get one or two working. I?m no mechanic though. Maybe it?ll be just enough to get us to our contact?and lend us some credibility with the locals if they?re not familiar with the former owners.? She had a point; Napp knew he wasn?t a mechanic either, but he knew a few things about technology. If wiring was fried, you would be too; if a craft didn?t lift off the ground like it was supposed to, kill the engines immediately or you would be killed. Simple labels like that had gotten him far in life, and now were important in figuring out whether these craft were safe to use. Theoretically, in some far-fetched conspiracy theory, the now-dead Mercs could have planned to rig their crafts to explode so that they could get some post-mortium mayhem going in the Renegade?s ranks, but Napp doubted that they had thought that far ahead. Any mercenary who thought about anything like that wasn?t very efficient, and the ones they had fought seemed more preoccupied about killing the Renegades than sacrificing themselves to hope that the team would blow itself up when inspecting the craft. But, nothing could be counted out at this point; these craft had to work.

The corporal started the controls. Napp waited for the sound of the repulsorlifts to kick in; either they would work just fine, or he and the corporal would be dead. Thus, it was a relief when the craft lifted off the ground smoothly; so far, it was working. Napp inspected the other craft; it looked just as fully-functional as the one the corporal had gotten to work. It seemed like they were in good condition, or good enough to get them into the city. However, he would have to make a few checks, especially the weapons system. Who knew exactly how many shots the on-board blaster cannons had, and if that would be enough. But, he didn?t intend on getting into a firefight on the way. If they did, hopefully the others had enough firepower to get them out of the jam and to safety.

?I suggest that you take that craft, Corporal,? he said to the Khil over the whine of the engines. ?That way, if the Rodian bugs out on us again, you can kill him yourself with the blaster cannon before he gets too far away. And you?re probably the best shot with one of these platforms in the unit.? Again, he had said team . . . this was getting out of hand.

It seemed like the storm was getting closer; Napp wasn?t sure if it was just an anxious thought in his mind, or if the ion storm approached their current position. Either way, they were running out of time.

TAG: Trieste, Renegades

22. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    IC: Jai Hespera
    Moorja Badlands

The team picked through the remains of their enemies, looking for useful equipment. The medic addressed her. "Hey, Snipes, you need that rifle? I am no master in the art, but I can take a good shot every now and again, and with my side as broken as it is, I'll need to stay back as much as I can. You can have first priority on the ammo, but the rifle doesn't look any better than yours."

?Take it,? she said, ?and the ammunition as well. My weapon isn?t a blaster, it?s incompatible with these power packs. I don?t need another rifle anyway, especially since a blaster?s liable to short out in with all the ion storms.? Not to mention that after a miss like that, she didn?t deserve the other sniper?s rifle. She could take his armor though. After all, the major had ordered it. The Codru-ji approached the medic with a knife drawn, and Jai decide that she would rather be inspecting the armor than get in his way. It was several centimeters to short for her, so she drew her knife and cut away the shinguards from the suit. There. Hopefully the torso section would fit her now.

The Khil tossed her one of the helmets. ?Comm in here, could be broadcasting. Might be able to pick up some useful intel.? Jai put it on, listening for any enemy transmissions.

TAG: Loocem, GMs

23. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Badlands, Moorja
    The buzz of static filled the inside of the helmet: either they weren't linked to anything beyond each other, or the impending ion storm was already interfering with communications.

TAG: tjace

24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010

The repuslorcraft happily came to life with a press of the button. Though Talnar didn't know every single dial or control she was looking at, everything looked happy. Well, as happy as an inanimate piece of technology could be.

?I suggest that you take that craft, Corporal. That way, if the Rodian bugs out on us again, you can kill him yourself with the blaster cannon before he gets too far away. And you?re probably the best shot with one of these platforms in the unit,? Napp shouted.

Permission to shoot deserters? Oh this could be fun.

"See if the others grab what armor is salvageable," Talnar shouted. They were far enough away that it'd be quicker if she didn't power the repulsorcraft back down and go back there to help the process. "We're dithering here and I think we all agree we need to get out of the open before someone else finds us. How about we make for the contact and see what he can do for us?"

Tag: JEDI

25. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Moorja Badlands

"See if the others grab what armor is salvageable," the Khil corporal shouted back to Napp, who was still standing by the other repulsorcraft. "We're dithering here and I think we all agree we need to get out of the open before someone else finds us. How about we make for the contact and see what he can do for us?" Napp silently agreed with her; not only had he given the unofficial order to keep moving, but the ion storm certainly threw a wrench into the plan. Whichever direction it decided to go, the storm would probably be in their way at some point. Best to get as far as possible before it hit.

?Fine,? he said. He walked back to the palce where the others were trying to salvage what they could from the dead mercenaries. It was obvious that none of the remaining armor would fit him, and if he took any at this point, the residents of the city would give him a suspicious look as they passed. No decent mercenary would wear only shinguards, for example; it was either find a complete set of armor or go without and hope for the best. Unfortunately, most of the armor was already claimed, so it was probably best to go as he was. Besides, he could act as a prisoner when they entered the city; he had had experience with captors before, so this didn?t seem too different a job.

Now, the last question he had for himself was the chance to salvage some equipment. The blasters were probably going to be useless with the ion storm, as were the power packs. Unless one of them had a knife on them, he had nothing to take from them. ?So, are you all ready to ship out?? he shouted to the other Renegades. ?Ready to go spit into the faces of those dirty Seps??

TAG: Renegades

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.