main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CEII ROTJ and AOTC-3D movie screenings

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DARTHLARS, May 29, 2013.

1. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Return of the Jedi - (BluRay version?)

Friday night at 19:30 (7:30 pm)
    Grugapark, "right next to Messe Essen"
    The screening is free with a CEII pass.
    Food and drink will be sold in the park. Picnics are encouraged.

Info on the official site

Attack of the Clones - 3D

Times, locations and pricing (?) yet to be announced. There will be more than one screening.
    This will be the first time that the movie will be screened in 3D.
    The 3D tech is RealD (circular polarization).
    Viewers will receive souvenir 3D glasses to take home afterwards.

Info on the official site

2. TheDarkKing

TheDarkKing Jedi Padawan

Jan 28, 2013
    Cracking news, this year just gets better. I made right choice upgrading to a VIP ticket.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Great to get AOTC in 3D given it was meant to happen this year anyway.

4. DARTHLARS

Mar 12, 2002
    The schedule has been updated with time and location for Attack of the Clones 3D.
    All screenings will be at the Digital Stage in "Halle Essen".
    Unfortunately "Halle Essen" is not (yet) on any official map, but I have been told that it is a hall inside the exhibition centre.

Friday: 12:30
    Saturday: 11:00
    Sunday: 10:30

The documentary Star Warriors, about the Star Wars-themed Rose Parade in Pasadena, will be shown on the Behind-the-scenes Stage on Friday at 15:00.

5. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I was thinking about going to the 3D screening, but I had hoped/expected it would be placed at the end of the day after convention hours. I am not sure if I wanna spend 2 hours during convention watching a movie I have already seen - even if it is in 3D.

TheDarkKing likes this.
  6. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    No different than spending 2 hours queueing for autographs or wandering around looking at stands that sell stuff you've seen most of at every other event.
    You get to see a movie that has not been and might not be commercially released, which is something to brag about to those who only saw TPM 3D.

Plus it's the atmosphere, watching ROTJ & AOTC amongst and audience of fans is much better than seeing it in a cinema surrounded by regular people

7. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    Absolutely, my best experiences at any theater were the midnight viewings of the PT. Only the fans showed up for those and it was awesome! I can only imagine how a packed theater of fans from Celebration will be. I am definitely attending.

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Plus you apparently get a unique pair of 3D glasses, as a collector I can't miss out on such a limited thing.

9. TheDarkKing

TheDarkKing Jedi Padawan

Jan 28, 2013
    I'll be going to see it for sure at least one of the days, just need to see what it clashes with each of the days.

10. DARTHLARS

Mar 12, 2002
    Apparently "Halle Essen" is a typo in the program. The German name is "Saal Essen" with English translation "Hall Essen". It is a larger conference room located on the upper floor. The stairs are in or close to the main entrance hallway.

11. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    I see your points on the movie thing.
    I just can't shake thinking my time could be better spend, than watching a movie I have already seen.
    But as it is right now, I won't be spending time getting autographs, so maybe I will end up watching all three screenings just to pass time.8-}

12. jedi hulk

jedi hulk Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2013
    I wonder if the "Star Warriors" documentary is any different than the one on the Bluray...

13. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    I think I saw somewhere, that it will contain deleted footage, that are not on the Blu-Ray. Though I don't remember where, I get news from emails, facebook and twitter.

jedi hulk likes this.
  14. jedi hulk

jedi hulk Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2013
    Ah thanks :D

15. DARTHLARS

Mar 12, 2002
    From the official site:

jedi hulk likes this.
  16. Jae-Dec

May 20, 2013
    Interesting, I see the tickets are already being offered. Might look into getting one.

17. DARTHLARS

Mar 12, 2002
    The "Tickets" link on all pages are for the entire convention. I assume that all screenings are included.

More screenings:
    • Clone Wars. Darth Maul story arc: Episodes “Revival”, “Eminence”, “Shades of Reason”, and “The Lawless” edited together into a movie. Introduced by Dave Filoni.
      Digital Stage, Friday 17:00 - 19:00 and Saturday 17:00 - 19:00.
    • Restored! The Lost Michael Parbot Documentary.A rare documentary about The Empire Strikes Back by French filmmaker Michael Parbot. French language.
      Collector's Stage. Saturday 17:30 - 19:00.

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  18. Jae-Dec

May 20, 2013
    You're right of course. That's logical, thanks for the heads up.

19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I've seen all the Maul stuff from TCW, though if Filoni is introducing it and maybe doing a Q&A after I might attend if only to ask him what his plans for Maul were before the show was cancelled.

20. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I wonder if the French documentary will have any subtitles, my French is definitely not good enough to be able to understand a whole documentary in the language.

21. Matsemitsu

Matsemitsu Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Damn this tight scheduling! Great thing of course that there's so much to do, but I would've liked to the see the 3D version of AOTC, just not when the screenings overlap with some very cool Q&As every single day. I'd say sitting in on Kathleen Kennedy's first Celebration appearance for instance handily beats a (however exclusive) screening of my least favorite SW film.

Still, too bad...

22. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    Exactly, me and my friends can only go on Saturday, because we all have young kids and I really hate that we can't see AOTC because KK is having her stage show (and hopefully shares some EPVII news)