main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG ROTS Charity Premiere Roll Call

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, those who think they CAN make it to the ROTS Charity Premiere this May, please post here your interest so on the day they sell the tickets (or we get a discounted price), we can together get the tickets and so get seated together.

SW Costumes/Armors are MOST recommanded. ;)

For a start:
    1. You must have SGD120-150 AT LEAST for the ticket
    2. Afford the taxi or Nite Rider Bus (if lucky!) home
    3. Parents allow you to arrive home PAST Midnight

Location will be revealed when it's 100% confirmed but be notify that it's near (NB: Not AT, eh) the town area and on a weekend. ;)

2. GetzJedi

GetzJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    Count me in... Can I drive my own car to the venue? Must take public transport huh?

3. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    > Can I drive my own car to the venue? Must take public transport huh?

Of course you can drive your TIE Fighter...I meant Car to and fro the venue. ;) The public transport is only for those who don't have private transport.

Unless they hike into someone's car. :p

4. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    After attending the first two charity premieres, got to complete the trilogy. Costume is still a problem, but the money shouldn't be.

:)

5. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Yup, definitely attending. ;)

6. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    pfft like u had to ask fatimah! LOL
    count me in. its like a definate MUST. a starwars fan can do w/o the toys... but how can one live if he has attended a premiere!? haha
    thank god i'm going ns onli in june.. hehehehe

7. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Faiz - Hey, what a coincidence..I'm finishing NS in June..lol :)

8. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    LOL! oh and i meant "hasn't" in the prev post, typo

9. Curlywhirlyjedi

Curlywhirlyjedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2005
    all you gotta do is call me on my comlink and i'll be there yes i will

10. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    There is a change of date I heard, to Mon May 16th. Will post more infos when I get them. ;)

11. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    By hook or by crook (most likely by crook) i WILL be there !!

12. are-k

are-k Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2004
    I'll go. Is the 16th the confirmed date? I have to make travel plans as i'm coming in from overseas

13. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Where are you from Are-k? Cause the ticket may have to be bought on the spot a few weeks earlier, rather than online so you'll need someone to help you get it. ;)

So far, according to Reno who is in contact with 20th Century Fox and provider of Official Talents at this and several other SW-Related Events this April-May, May 16th is the confirmed date for ROTS Charity Premiere. It was initially on 12th (or was it 13th? :confused: ) May but the President of Singapore can't make it so it was shifted to May 16th instead.

This is what I can gather so far:

DATE: 16th May 2005, Monday
    TIME: ?? (7pm onwards probably)

Yes, if you got SW Costume/Armor or own any type of lightsabre (gun is NOT recommanded), please do wear/carry it along to the event. ;)

Let I said, NEVER let this happen again. Then again, it's kinda monkey crap as with the costume those American Kid don were gone case and very ghetto. And a couple days later on the day TPM is officially released in Singapore, Shawn and his group of friends were walking down Orchard Road in their relatively accurate Boba Fetts (3 of them?), Darth Maul, Jedi Knight, Mon Mothma and Royal Guard costumes/armor on the way to watch TPM, and they were even employed by YeoHupSeng to help promote the SW Costumes Contest organized for a week at The Hereen. :p

14. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    the presidents gonna be there!!?? ARRR, PALPY'S GONNA BE THERE!!?? AAAARRR

15. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Hey Darth Eagle and Company!

Congratulations on snagging the charity premiere :) Hope you show us your pics of the event!

16. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Hiya StompboXX! :) We sure will take lots and lots of photos, especially now that I have DigiCam and 2 256MB SD Card with plan to get a 528MB one when I find a bargain price for it (not enough can throw in my Analog Camera as I still got some films left).

I also got some photos from the AOTC Charity Premiere but haven't upload them and from other events we attended online yet. [face_blush] Will do so later for some inspiration. ;)

17. are-k

are-k Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2004
    I'll be flying in from Brunei. You guys are talking about the Singapore Children's Society premiere right?

http://www.childrensociety.org.sg/whats.asp

What's the difference between normal and gold class? I see gold is twice the price.

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Errr....maybe as I'm not the one talking with Fox; it's one of our members, Reno. Especially that previous years it was for the Community Chest.

Well, when it comes to GV Grand, Gold Class means that the seat is very comfortable (like Sofa?) and less than 40(?) people in the theater. The last time I watch movies at GV Grand in 1999, Gold Class cost SGD36 when the regular ticket was only SGD6-7.

Will confirm with you again once we get even more infos. ;)

19. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I got confirmation from the Singapore Children's Society that the regular ticket is SGD150. But they only allow transaction by mail/fax and there is no group discount.

Am waiting for a response from Singapore Film Society (the other group that is responsible for this Premiere, other than Fox) on wherther they'll be selling it over the counter soon.

In the meantime, all people interested please set aside SGD150 for the ticket. Will see if we can get group discount soon ;) especially if "bride" them with quality SW Costumes/Armor. Hmmm....wonder if Janice remembered her promise..... :p

Other than that, the SGD300 is for Gold Class seats that only have 30 seats in the theater. As of Fri, only 26 left according to Ying Ling of the Singapore Children's Society.

As for today, the list of interested/attending members (paying full or not ;) ):
    - GetzJedi
    - JaZzYjaZZ
    - Lukedecop
    - Xeno_kenobi
    - Faiz (please check with the people at #starwars if they are interested too, okay?)
    - Curlywhirlyjedi
    - Yazid_Skywalker
    - Messa

Am waiting for response from the rest.

Ps: Anyone know how to contact B0baFett/Kenneth? I haven't receive a response from the e-mail I last communicated with him and I heard he had changed his HP no. :(

Are-k, on that day, just look out for the Costumed Talents (think Reno will have his Vader, Boba, IRG and others out ;) ) and you will most likely find us. :D

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    More infos from the Singapore Film Society.

"Tickets will be priced at $150 for the normal 35mm halls and $180 for the digital hall."

So most of us going for regular 35mm screening?

21. GetzJedi

GetzJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    I'm okay for both.

22. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    (please check with the people at #starwars if they are interested too, okay?)

yokai!

@_@ at the prices. man, and i was gonna save up to splurge during my last freedom month of may(before i go ns) but looking at the digital and the gold class prices... x_x

i dun think i'd be able to afford the gold class one.. its overboard man.. but i dun mind paying to go for the digital one.. too bad there's no THX system there.. that would have made everything PERFECT. bleh

23. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm fine with both the normal and digital one, but I do feel that Lucas would want everyone to watch the digital version.

:)

Btw when can we start buying the tickets?

24. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Count me in for the charity premiere, thanks. :) I don't mind either format. Definitely not Gold Class though.

25. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, I'll love to go for Digital one too but a few of us rite now are at the "mercy" of Fox. :(

Will check with Reno soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.