main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RotS Footage: Rick McCallum Rocks our World.

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by forever_jedi, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Is there a thread already?

From the TFN front page, another awesome Josh Griffin report:

C3: Rick McCallum Rocks Our World
    Posted By Britany on April 22, 2005

by Joshua Griffin.
    (Report contains many spoilers)
    Now THAT'S what I'm talking about.
    McCallum has been sold out on every Star Wars movie so far. Every time he's said the movie would be "the one" and "amazing" but this time I really do believe him. Why? Because he brought some serious footage to back him up.
    As you can imagine, the crowd was THRILLED by what they saw, and demanded Rick show it again. It will replay all weekend, knowing this is the real star of the Celebration. The DLP projector gave us an ultra clear picture and THX sound rocked the house. Makes me glad my opening night tickets are at the digital theater in town. Only if everyone were so lucky.
    Here's a rundown of what I remember from the new footage. It went by so fast, I'll try to catch it again later this afternoon and record an exact shot by shot.

"This is where the fun begins," Anakin says.
    A ship exploding, and battledroids getting suck into space with piles of debris. One battle droid is flailing its arms and legs as it flys out.
    Anakin carrys Obi-Wan out toward an elevator.
    Mace reflecting lightening back on a hurting Palpatine. Several shots of the exterior of the opera are shown, you can glimpse George Lucas' character just to the left of the main door.
    Yoda and clonetroopers high above the trees in a command bunker, scouting for enemies. A scout trooper scans in the background with binoculars. The ash planet is hauntingly peaceful. Ki Adi Mundi fights and dutifully defending hinself until he is finally overwhelmed with Clones. Lumanari is shown in what appears to be discussion action with clones as she prepares for battle.
    Yoda catching a Senate pod at the last minute, then tossing it back at Sidious. Yoda takes lightening and gets tossed against a wall hardcore. The crowd was shocked! Yoda hits the ground hardand lays there for a moment.
    Padme arriving on Mustafar. An extended closeup of the ship landing, including the landing gear deploying. Obi-Wan stands at the top of the ramp to the ship. An amazing shot of Padme and C3PO greeting Anakin as his starfigthter arrives on her veranda. The view is amazing.
    Obi-Wan with a projection of a planet from his starfighter. Clones in the background repair the ship and a group gather around Obi-Wan watching the planet with great interest. Great shots of Grievous on the wheel bike, with Obi-Wan fighting with him. One amazing shot had Obi-Wan and Grievous both holding on to a pike as they drove around Utapau.
    Lots and lots of duel scenes. Almost too much. Nah, that isn't possible. Anakin closing each door on the Mustafar conference room.
    He uses the Force and each luminary gives a surprised look. Then Anakin turns on the gathered leaders and proceeds to kill every one. The Emperor arrives on Mustafar and, with clonetroopers at his side, reacts to what he sees. We cut to Palpatine's ship landing high above Corusant in the pouring rain. Yoda's face is sad.
    Polis Massa is shown quickly, and the funeral scene on Naboo is haunting.
    A HUGE procession in the twilight moves slowly over a huge bridge out to an island. Everyone holds candles, and the Queen of Naboo is shown in the pale blue light of the night. The Tantive IV flys over snow-capped mountains of Alderaan and touches down near white buildings.

Other tidbits McCallum revealed: Rick and George finished the movie the day before yesterday. They screened it and it is complete! Steven
    Spielberg also saw the movie this week and gave his seal of approval.
    Press screenings begin in early May - just before the charity screenings on May 12th.
    It's hard to say if everyone is excited about Star Wars as a whole, or about this particular movie. Either way, judging from the reaction to this session, I would say Episode III is going to be a welcomed member of the Star Wars family.

2. DARK_HELMET_05

DARK_HELMET_05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    would you be able to find the actual footage, because if this is real that would be killer to see

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    [image=http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/simpsons/images/340/burns.jpg]

Monty Burns: "Excellent."

4. Darth_Brad03

Darth_Brad03 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Hell yeah!!! Oh Hyperspace don't fail me now...

5. forever_jedi

Jun 5, 2002
    .would you be able to find the actual footage, because if this is real that would be killer to see

Yes, it's playing at C3 all weekend long! :D

However, I supsct that it'll turn up on HS soon - if not today, by the end of this week!

6. Jedihillis

Jedihillis Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2003
  7. obi1andreasen79

obi1andreasen79 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2005
    :eek: :eek: i just sithed my pants.....

8. KaptainKaos

KaptainKaos Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2004
    I am only gonna sith my pants if it ends up on hyperspace.

9. Jumpman

Jumpman Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    It should end up on hyperspace sometime today...they sort of hinted at that during the rundown of Day 1 at the OS.

10. forever_jedi

Jun 5, 2002
    Report continues with Q&A:

C3: Report from Rick McCallum Spectacular
    Posted By Scott on April 22, 2005

(Report contains spoilers)
    Rick McCallum presented his "Spectacular" today. He started the show by presenting several minutes of footage from Revenge of the Sith. It was enough to make anyone avoiding spoilers go into the fetal position. Though the clips didn't have audio from the movie (there was music playing over it), they were bits and pieces scattered from the whole movie. Scenes showed included everything from the opening space battle to the final funeral scene. Fans got glimpses of General Grievous in action, the wheel bike chase, Polis Massa, the Emperor vs. Yoda, Bail Organa arriving at the Jedi Temple, Padme watching the Temple burn, Ki Adi Mundi on a snow planet, and more. Also included were the very first public glimpses of Alderaan. And as Josh mentioned earlier, there was a great shot of Yoda decapitating a couple of clone troopers.

McCallum followed up the rousing series of clips with a series of animatic vs. final footage comparisons. We saw footage from the final Mustafar battle, Yoda vs. Sidious, Kashyyyk, and more. Most notable was a scene of Anakin walking into the Opera booth and you could see Lucas (as a blue faced alien) in the lower left hand corner. (Now you know where to look for him in the movie!)

McCallum followed up with a Q&A with the fans.
    Here are the most notable points from what was said:
    - ROTS has a final running time of 2 hours 11 minutes. (McCallum joked it had 54 minutes of credits.) Lucas finished the film on Tuesday and screening it with Steven Spielberg (who gave it a Thumbs Up).
    - They finished the final shot of ROTS on the same sound stage at Estree Studios that Lucas first started filming ANH on.
    - A fan noted that in the footage we saw, Vader's hands are no longer clamped in the upright position. McCallum complimented the fan on catching it and said it would make sense in the movie.

- Lucas got a script for Indiana Jones 4 last week and Spielberg plans to make it the film he does after his next one (presumably after War of the Worlds).
    - When asked about the upcoming TV series, he said they haven't done any development work on it yet, but a live action series was definitely planned.
    - McCallum confirmed again they plan to do Star Wars in 3-D, but they don't know when. They are currently limited by the few number of digital screens, few companies that can do the conversion from 2-D to 3-D, and more.
    - When asked if Lucas would continue tinkering with the films, McCallum joked that he didn't think Lucas would be done until he was dead. McCallum said he had nightmares about Lucas and his daughter calling him in the middle of the night when he was old asking about Star Wars edits for TPM.
    - McCallum stated that that will be making Revenge of the Sith availible for screening for the troops in Iraq. Not only that, but it would be WIDELY availible. The process is moving for this to happen.
    - McCallum confirmed that they are planning on doing marathon screenings of the saga with George Lucas in the US like he's doing in the UK.
    - McCallum and Jim Ward dodged questions about getting the Ewoks and Droids complete series on DVD (as well as the old "making of" shows about the movies). It was obvious from their lack of response that it was in the works.

That's the best of the stuff! I'll follow up by adding a big thank you to Jim Ward and Stacie from ILM for getting us into the event to report it to you. The Gen Con folks have been snubbing anyone with a press badge and not letting them get into presentations easily. Without intervention from the LFL folks, we wouldn't have been able to present this to you. More to come!

11. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
  12. WildeZc

WildeZc Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2004
    Can SOMEONE PLEASE sneak a camera in there?!?! We need to see this!!!

13. DarthNotsonice

DarthNotsonice Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2005
    [image=http://tbs.com/TBS/Images/Dynamic/i11/familyguy_peter_240x260_070220041210.jpg]

This movie's gonna be freakin sweet!

14. Jumpman

Jumpman Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    If it's not today on Hyperspace, I'd say on Sunday sometime.

I really want to see that Celebrate the Saga trailer they did.

15. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    If it ends up on hyperspace i will be a member forever. Start a thread against those who slag hyperspace off. And then run around my lounge naked screaming lie a little girl....maybe

16. JediAJ

JediAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 23, 2004

He started the show by presenting several minutes of footage from Revenge of the Sith. It was enough to make anyone avoiding spoilers go into the fetal position.

Those poor people...they spend the best part of 2 years avoiding things like this...and in the space of 20-30 seconds their world gets trashed.....

.....I LOVE it!!!!

[face_laugh]

17. forever_jedi

Jun 5, 2002
    So, Vader's arms are no longer clamped upwards as in the trailer?

A TV series is DEFINITELY planned! :) Hope Quin Vos hides behind during that explosion, survives, and is in the TV series!

Padme's funeral seems spectacular!

And so sad that Palpatine and his maimed apprentice arrive home to Coruscant in the rain. :(

But... I hope Luke is delivered on Tatooine at sunrise as the Making of Book said! :D

18. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    (sighs)

If only there was decent enough faith in Hyperspace

19. Phantom-Iam

Phantom-Iam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2002
    :D I'm just so happy right now!

20. Darth_Dakin

Darth_Dakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2004
    If that winds up on hyperspace, I'll strip nekkid, cover myself in mayonaise and streak down the street in front of my house.

In other words, ain't gonna happen. Count on it.

21. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Forever_jedi, I love you man, but why did you put the word "footage" in the title and there is no footage in the thread! Mmmmmmmm. :mad:

22. Sate_Pestage

Sate_Pestage Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2001
    Did anybody happen to bring a device that enables one to record such things as still life, or objects in motion?????

:)

23. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    This report has me just pi$$ed off knowing this will NEVER end up on Hyperspace in other words

We will NEVER see it

At least not before May 19th (sighs)

24. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    That was a good concept for the Tatooine delivery.

25. KaptainKaos

KaptainKaos Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2004
    MTM, you are turning into 3PO.

We get your point, don't keep repeating "This will NEVER end up on hyperspace" over and over. We know you hate hyperspace, but every time you post, it is about how hyperspace sucks.

Talk about something else for once

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.