main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'round and 'round the world he goes

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by JediDragon, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Where he stops, nobody knows!

Well, I've been bumped up to primary so I'll definitely be going TDY (temporary duty) in December...but where will I go? Good question. Looks like it's @$$ified, so I don't even know. Might be Europe, might be Africa...doubtful it will be Saudi now that they don't want us there no more, but who knows. I'll let you know when I find out (if I'm allowed to that is).

So when I'm gone for 3 months, don't you guys go gettin into all kinds of trouble, [voice=Mr. Mackey]mmmmkay kids?[/voice]

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, good luck and hope it isn't Italy. They're still pretty sore after that jet incident. I have a friend stationed there and last time I talked to him he & his family were not allowed outside of the housing area. Not friendly.

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Nor is Saudi... but then again you may not want to go outside there :D

Maybe you'll go to germany. That's a nice place to be stationed. Remember to hook up with the local fanforce when you're there!

4. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    umm, yeah, but no sprechenze doich (no spellin ze doich either) ;)

rumors is a flyin right now. people sayin we might be goin over to help with the floods and stuff, but I still don't know. I have a strong (and not so good) gut feelin that I'll end up goin to the desert anyway.

5. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Well....come what may, JD, take cover and watch yur six....yu might try to master that "head between yur knees, while peering out over the berm with yur rifle on full auto" manuever......worked fer me!

6. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    lol, if they're getting to the point that they're giving ME a rifle, you guys'll be practicing that head between the knees thing too...except it'll be b/c you're tryin to kiss your goodbye! (meaning if they're nuts enough to give me a gun, it's gotta be close to the end of the world).

besides, I don't much like guns anyway...hopefully I won't have to shoot nobody :)

7. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    korea is nice this time of year , just think of JD in the orient. he could double as a basket ball star over there,

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    In germany EVERYONE speaks english. And oftentimes with no accent. It's acctually really weird.

Ok, if you do end up in the desert, always wear sunscreen, trust me you'll regret it if you don't. Make sure you have your hat, lots of water, and snacks you can carry with you. Granola works well, it won't melt. Long shirt and pants ALWAYS. Sand storm will come up in an instant and they HURT. YOu may want to consider getting rid of those contacts just for that reason.

9. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    YEA! Pants always....don't want any international incidents....FLOL!

10. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
  11. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    don't plan on wearing my contacts no matter where I deploy. I'll dry store em in my dormroom. I'm gonna get some new glasses pretty soon (NOT wearin the BCG's!).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.